PDA

View Full Version : Altair vs Ezio: Why Altair is the best Assassin

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Ezio is dead if he fights Altair, and with very good reasons.

Altair was born and trained to be Assassin from 10 years old.
He killed with very primitive weapons of 1000 A.D.
He expertise most the blades and knives with perfection.

Due to that in Assassin's creed 1 Altair had syncronization bar, not health bar like Assassin's creed 2.
He was never hit once in History except few missions.
He was that perfect in Assassination.

He killed a large section of king Richard"s army all by himself in last mission.
He killed Abbas's men with just throwing knives.

He killed his master Al Mualim without Apple while Al Mualim used Apple.

Ezio used Apple and made his copies and still had trouble to defeating an old man like Rodrigo Borgia.

Altair made most the the Ezio's weapons which Leonardo developed by reading Codex pages.
Altair also had mastery with those weapons like Poison sting and Gun.

Also that Altair was more Badass in Assassin's creed 1 than other pussies later in series.

VestigialLlama4
06-02-2017, 05:17 AM
Connor would finish both of them.

joshoolhorst
06-02-2017, 08:20 AM
... Lord Kenny is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMa_D9XQ-5g

HDinHB
06-02-2017, 08:29 AM
At first I thought this was a thread necro. 2010 called, they want their topic back.

But, if you must know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaEOqIzTLpI

Helforsite
06-02-2017, 01:59 PM
+1

cawatrooper9
06-02-2017, 02:09 PM
*casually mentions how Corvo would mop the floor with them all*
*gets torn to shreds*

VestigialLlama4
06-02-2017, 04:52 PM
*casually mentions how Corvo would mop the floor with them all*
*gets torn to shreds*

Well I am sure even Slackjaw can take out Ezio and Altair. Neither is a match for Corvo, Daud, Emily, Billie Lurke...

cawatrooper9
06-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Well I am sure even Slackjaw can take out Ezio and Altair. Neither is a match for Corvo, Daud, Emily, Billie Lurke...

Absolutely. Though, the whole mystical element is a pretty big boon for them. Give the Assassin a POE and things may well change.

edit: Last year I was considering doing a YouTube show where I'd create D&D proxies of characters and pit them in an arena fight to the death. Corvo v Ezio was one I was hoping to do. The project never got done as even my relatively simple first attempt at one with Cleganebowl (The Hound v The Mountain from Game of Thrones) turned out to be way more work than I expected. Something more specialized like this would've been insane.

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-02-2017, 08:46 PM
... Lord Kenny is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMa_D9XQ-5g

Praise the lord Kenny.

Our Father, who art in Wellington,
Kenneth be thy name.
Thy saltlick come,
thy will be done in Howe's as it is in Savannah.
Give us this day our daily boat,
and forgive us our ****birdness,
as we forgive those who ****bird against us,
and lead us not into the Jane ending,
but deliver us from Lilly. For thine is the saltlick,
and the urban,
and the moustache,
for ever, and ever,
Amen.

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-02-2017, 08:52 PM

Kindly give your argument.

cawatrooper9
06-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Kindly give your argument.

It's pretty widely accepted among fans that when it comes to open combat, Connor is the most skilled and brutal. Also, compared to the other two, he has more advanced tech (POEs not withstanding).

But I'm curious what VL will say.

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-02-2017, 08:57 PM

For that as well.

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-02-2017, 09:05 PM
It's pretty widely accepted among fans that when it comes to open combat, Connor is the most skilled and brutal. Also, compared to the other two, he has more advanced tech (POEs not withstanding).

But I'm curious what VL will say.

Due to that in Assassin's creed 1 Altair had syncronization bar, not health bar like Assassin's creed 2.
Altair never once got hit in history save for few missions.
He was that perfect in assassination.

Your statement: ***It's pretty widely accepted among fans that when it comes to open combat, Connor is the most skilled and brutal.***

On what base you state that ?
Altair and Ezio were clearly same as skilled as Conner and had more experience in combats.

There is not a single reason for you to believe that Conner would defeat any of them.

Your statement: ***Also, compared to the other two, he has more advanced tech (POEs not withstanding)***

Altair made the Alloy of First Civilization with knowledge of Apple of Eden.
Nothing is more powerful than that.

According to Assassin's creed Universe, Humans are Primitive as hell compare to First Civilization.

Altair also made Masyaf Keys made of Alloy of which Apple of Eden is also made.

Altair Made Strongest armor ever in AC history which was called as 'Altair's Armor' in AC 2.
It had ability of self repair.

The Armor never broke.

The Codex Pages were just tiny fraction of Knowledge of Apple of Eden.

None of Conner's metal was near the power of Alloy made by knowledge of First civilization.

Altair always wins because he has Ultra advance Alien tech with him.

Sure it wasn't his, but he put it on good use by inventing crazy ****.

However talking about Skill.
I don't know what you call Skills in Assassin's bro, But Era of Altair was Violent as ****.

He fought who knows Hundreds of Wars in his life time and lived his Life 24/7 as an assassin on missions.

I don't think any amount of training can coop up with that kind of War experiences.
Especially if Wars are fought every weekend.

that's what Altair did.
Fought wars almost Daily.

Scenes of Wars and Army in AC 1 and AC revelations in Altair memories are just few example.

The Man who survived countless wars cannot be defeated by any means.

VestigialLlama4
06-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Altair in the opening cutscene got made into a b-tch by Robert de Sable, and was spared because he wanted to humiliate him. Malik was the guy who stole the Apple from the Templars despite being injured and outfought. So Altair is not even the Best Assassin in AC1. And stuff like Synchronization Bar is meaningless pap...the only reason why it isn't there in AC2 onwards is entirely development reasons and not story reasons. Internally none of that makes a lick of sense.

I mean I can say that the fact that Ezio has easier controls in combat than Altair implies he's a better and more brutal fighter, on that same logic alone.

Your statement: ***It's pretty widely accepted among fans that when it comes to open combat, Connor is the most skilled and brutal.***

On what base you state that ?
Altair and Ezio were clearly same as skilled as Conner and had more experience in combats.

There is not a single reason for you to believe that Conner would defeat any of them.

There are plenty of reasons. Fact is combat and battle in one era is not the same in any other era. This is military science 101. The Roman legions would have been crushed by the Norman heavy cavalry in the same way Alexander's Macedonian Phalanx lost to the Roman legion. And the heavy cavalry in turn fell to the English Longbow.

Altair faced armoured, heavy and other Crusaders and had no capacity for hand-to-hand combat. Ezio faced heavy armoured mercenaries, Janissaries, and gun wielding arquebusiers. The only one in Altair's era who wielded any kind of gun was himself.

Altair and Ezio likewise were both city-slickers. Connor is the man of the forest and the wild. He can climb trees and climb up rocks and promontories, he can hunt wild animals, he can sail ships. He has a vastly more diverse range of skills. Connor also fought enemies like Grenadiers, Flintlock and matchlock wielding soldiers and of course until Unity, the toughest enemy archetype bar none, the Jagers. Connor can dual wield weapons of any type, whereas Ezio could only dual-wield hidden blades.

I don't know what you call Skills in Assassin's bro, But Era of Altair was Violent as ****.

He fought who knows Hundreds of Wars in his life time and lived his Life 24/7 as an assassin on missions.

I don't think any amount of training can coop up with that kind of War experiences.
Especially if Wars are fought every weekend.

that's what Altair did.
Fought wars almost Daily.

Which games are you even talking about? In AC1-ACR, Altair was involved in the Battle of Arsuf and in Genghis Khan's invasion, but aside from that he didn't fight any wars. And by the way, the era of Ezio's and Connor's was just as violent as Altair. Ezio lived in the time of the Italian Wars and he participated in two sieges (one at Forli, one at Monteriggioni), and Connor was a commander and naval privateer during the American Revolution and the period after that.

I like Altair a lot but making him some dudebro edgelord is missing the point of his character.

cawatrooper9
06-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I mean, those are all great points. I'm just saying that there have been dozens of identical threads to this before, and when it comes to a battle to the death, the popular pick tends to be Connor. Personally, I don't really have much of an opinion on this, as a fight to the death in a vacuum isn't really the way the Assassins typically fight, anyway. Even when they're not being stealthy, they tend to use their location to their advantage, which is pretty much impossible to account for.

I think ultimately (and again, this is just what I've heard) people tend to choose Connor because he's physically the most intimidating. But again, I'm more interested in what others have to say regarding this.

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Altair in the opening cutscene got made into a b-tch by Robert de Sable, and was spared because he wanted to humiliate him. Malik was the guy who stole the Apple from the Templars despite being injured and outfought. So Altair is not even the Best Assassin in AC1. And stuff like Synchronization Bar is meaningless pap...the only reason why it isn't there in AC2 onwards is entirely development reasons and not story reasons. Internally none of that makes a lick of sense.

I mean I can say that the fact that Ezio has easier controls in combat than Altair implies he's a better and more brutal fighter, on that same logic alone.

There are plenty of reasons. Fact is combat and battle in one era is not the same in any other era. This is military science 101. The Roman legions would have been crushed by the Norman heavy cavalry in the same way Alexander's Macedonian Phalanx lost to the Roman legion. And the heavy cavalry in turn fell to the English Longbow.

Altair faced armoured, heavy and other Crusaders and had no capacity for hand-to-hand combat. Ezio faced heavy armoured mercenaries, Janissaries, and gun wielding arquebusiers. The only one in Altair's era who wielded any kind of gun was himself.

Altair and Ezio likewise were both city-slickers. Connor is the man of the forest and the wild. He can climb trees and climb up rocks and promontories, he can hunt wild animals, he can sail ships. He has a vastly more diverse range of skills. Connor also fought enemies like Grenadiers, Flintlock and matchlock wielding soldiers and of course until Unity, the toughest enemy archetype bar none, the Jagers. Connor can dual wield weapons of any type, whereas Ezio could only dual-wield hidden blades.

Which games are you even talking about? In AC1-ACR, Altair was involved in the Battle of Arsuf and in Genghis Khan's invasion, but aside from that he didn't fight any wars. And by the way, the era of Ezio's and Connor's was just as violent as Altair. Ezio lived in the time of the Italian Wars and he participated in two sieges (one at Forli, one at Monteriggioni), and Connor was a commander and naval privateer during the American Revolution and the period after that.

I like Altair a lot but making him some dudebro edgelord is missing the point of his character.

Your statement: ***Altair in the opening cutscene got made into a b-tch by Robert de Sable, and was spared because he wanted to humiliate him. Malik was the guy who stole the Apple from the Templars despite being injured and outfought. So Altair is not even the Best Assassin in AC1. And stuff like Synchronization Bar is meaningless pap...the only reason why it isn't there in AC2 onwards is entirely development reasons and not story reasons. Internally none of that makes a lick of sense.

I mean I can say that the fact that Ezio has easier controls in combat than Altair implies he's a better and more brutal fighter, on that same logic alone.***

"Altair never once got hit in history ***save for few missions.***"

Outside of that, he never once got hit. The synchronization bar was for Altair as well in AC:R, where as Ezio didn't have it.

Vidic in gameplay itself stated that the timeline Animus present is not real but replica made through information acquired from DNA, which includes Altair's face, Altair's ability to fight, his health, his swimming ability, the language he speaks and other corrupted memories of different age.

As the version of Animus improved, the data sync quality improved.

Also Altair fought against King Richard's army alone and similarly fought countless wars against Masyaf in his lifetime.
He clearly fought more face to face battles than Ezio (And Connor for that matter) since young age.

Also he have won against Apple.

Altair in AC:R had the same fighting styles as Ezio, which means that he could have been even more deadly than we are told.

Experience = Learning.

Altair was more experienced than both Ezio and Connor, as he was still active in assassination in his 90s.

Your statement: ***There are plenty of reasons. Fact is combat and battle in one era is not the same in any other era. This is military science 101. The Roman legions would have been crushed by the Norman heavy cavalry in the same way Alexander's Macedonian Phalanx lost to the Roman legion. And the heavy cavalry in turn fell to the English Longbow.

Altair and Ezio likewise were both city-slickers. Connor is the man of the forest and the wild. He can climb trees and climb up rocks and promontories, he can hunt wild animals, he can sail ships. He has a vastly more diverse range of skills. Connor also fought enemies like Grenadiers, Flintlock and matchlock wielding soldiers and of course until Unity, the toughest enemy archetype bar none, the Jagers. Connor can dual wield weapons of any type, whereas Ezio could only dual-wield hidden blades. ***

It is true that combat and battle are not the same in any other era but as I said earlier:

"Altair made the Alloy of First Civilization with knowledge of Apple of Eden.
Nothing is more powerful than that.

According to Assassin's creed Universe, Humans are Primitive as hell compare to First Civilization.

Altair also made Masyaf Keys made of Alloy of which Apple of Eden is also made.

Altair Made Strongest armor ever in AC history which was called as 'Altair's Armor' in AC 2.
It had ability of self repair.

The Armor never broke.

The Codex Pages were just tiny fraction of Knowledge of Apple of Eden.

None of Conner's metal was near the power of Alloy made by knowledge of First civilization.

Altair always wins because he has Ultra advance Alien tech with him.

Sure it wasn't his, but he put it on good use by inventing crazy ****."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong.

Vidic in gameplay itself stated that the timeline Animus present is not real but replica made through information acquired from DNA, which includes Altair's face, Altair's ability to fight, his health, his swimming ability, the language he speaks and other corrupted memories of different age.

As the version of Animus improved, the data sync quality improved.

Thus, he was able to fight at the same level as Ezio in AC:R
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultimately, that won't make Connor the better Assassin.

With the Apple in hand, Alta´r changed the way members of his Order lived their lives, writing the details in his fabled Codex for later generations of the Order to read.

Alta´r's vision of the Assassin Order was for them to be spread across the world, living among the people, and he began establishing many Assassins Guilds during his tenure as Mentor.

Throughout his travels, Alta´r strengthened his Order, stopping various Templar plots over the years as well as halting the inexorable march of Genghis Khan.

That is FAR more important than what you listed.

Your statement: ***Which games are you even talking about? In AC1-ACR, Altair was involved in the Battle of Arsuf and in Genghis Khan's invasion, but aside from that he didn't fight any wars. And by the way, the era of Ezio's and Connor's was just as violent as Altair. Ezio lived in the time of the Italian Wars and he participated in two sieges (one at Forli, one at Monteriggioni), and Connor was a commander and naval privateer during the American Revolution and the period after that.

I like Altair a lot but making him some dudebro edgelord is missing the point of his character.***

The scenario that was shown in the AC 1 itself.

The first mission itself was started during a Invasion on Masyaf by Templars, don't you remember, when Altair put Logs on those troops.

Also outside Masyaf, countless troops of Kings army and Templars army were just roaming around just to fight.

Templars at the time of Altair were in their prime, eventually controlling a damn Armies and continuously attacking Masyaf.

Such random battles were common in AC 1 era.
One of the another invasion was also shown in AC revelation when Altair meet Abbas.

Another war memory was shown in AC revelation when Altair killed a traitor assassin which became Templar.

Another memory was shown when Altair fought with Mongol army defending Polo brothers.

Altair also fought King Richard's army alone in last mission.

Altair Also fought his fellow Assassin when Abbas betrayed.

not only that He also fought countless battles shown in AC 1 missions and AC chronicles of Altair.

There are dozens i given example to you.

And that were just shown in games.
Even in real history Syria was the most influenced by the wars for around 200 Years.

Masyaf was in Syria.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Fall_of_Masyaf

due to this i concluded that Altair fought far more battles than shown in Game and even if you just take the battles from game, it's still higher in number than any other Assassin in series which proves that Altair has more experience than any other.

Ezio's only involvement in war is when he attempted to kill Cesare Borgia.

Other wise, they both fought casual mini-battles around whole game same as each other.

cawatrooper9
06-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Alright, let's settle this. All of the protagonists from each game, facing off in an arena, since apparently these hypothetical battles can end in some sort of objective outcome.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention: This arena is filled with 20 ft. deep of water. :p

VestigialLlama4
06-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Alright, let's settle this. All of the protagonists from each game, facing off in an arena, since apparently these hypothetical battles can end in some sort of objective outcome.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention: This arena is filled with 20 ft. deep of water. :p

Altair loses by default since he can't swim....

cawatrooper9
06-02-2017, 11:16 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-03-2017, 12:41 AM

Wrong.

Megas_Doux
06-03-2017, 01:09 AM
Connor is the better fighter, Altair is a better assassin if we take into consideration STEALTH and how carefully he approached his targets. Connor lacked in the stealth department if take as cannon the premise behind the 100% memory synchronization.

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Connor is the better fighter, Altair is a better assassin if we take into consideration STEALTH and how carefully he approached his targets. Connor lacked in the stealth department if take as cannon the premise behind the 100% memory synchronization.

And why do you think Connor was a better fighter?

Altair had more experience than Connor, he has a better chance of winning.

Altair fought countless wars such as the scenario that was shown in the AC 1 itself.

The first mission itself was started during a Invasion on Masyaf by Templars, don't you remember, when Altair put Logs on those troops.

Also outside Masyaf, countless troops of Kings army and Templars army were just roaming around just to fight.

Templars at the time of Altair were in their prime, eventually controlling a damn Armies and continuously attacking Masyaf.

Such random battles were common in AC 1 era.
One of the another invasion was also shown in AC revelation when Altair meet Abbas.

Another war memory was shown in AC revelation when Altair killed a traitor assassin which became Templar.

Another memory was shown when Altair fought with Mongol army defending Polo brothers.

Altair also fought King Richard's army alone in last mission.

Altair Also fought his fellow Assassin when Abbas betrayed.

not only that He also fought countless battles shown in AC 1 missions and AC chronicles of Altair.

There are dozens i given example to you.

And that were just shown in games.
Even in real history Syria was the most influenced by the wars for around 200 Years.

Masyaf was in Syria.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Fall_of_Masyaf

due to this i concluded that Altair fought far more battles than shown in Game and even if you just take the battles from game, it's still higher in number than any other Assassin in series which proves that Altair has more experience than any other.

Best part is: he never got once hit during that.

The reason Connor fights so smoothly is because of the Animus quality improved.

Altair in AC:R fought differently than in AC1,
despite that he fought differently before the events of AC 1.

joshoolhorst
06-04-2017, 08:14 PM
I just want to say

Ezio had sex with Caterina which cost energy and physical strenght and can tire someone out, he woke up early because canon fire and started killing people with eas, run agrose rooftops and got shot in the back and fall on the ground, he woke up and still was able to fight people but with limitations now.
In the novelization he easily killed 10 man but he was angry and I don't count the book during the actual gameplay moments.
Is he stronger than Altair... Don't know that guy was the perfect Assassin for his time to!

Megas_Doux
06-05-2017, 12:36 AM
And why do you think Connor was a better fighter?

Altair had more experience than Connor, he has a better chance of winning.

Altair fought countless wars such as the scenario that was shown in the AC 1 itself.

I say that based on the fact Connor was build like a tank and had a proven stamina that allowed to him to endure cannon fire and a wound on his abdomen. It's not that I'm denying Altair super skills combat wise, what he did is certainly not easy. I mean templars were the elite force of the crusader army and he defeated several of them at the same time.

I just pick Connor here because he is also skilled and to top of that, seems stronger. He would be too much to handle.

cawatrooper9
06-05-2017, 07:16 PM
I just want to say

Ezio had sex with Caterina which cost energy and physical strenght and can tire someone out

:nonchalance:

crusader_prophet
06-05-2017, 09:43 PM
"Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?" - the most devious assassin who can kill you with his monologue in repeat.

Also do not underestimate the lethality of the undercover vendor saying "something caught your eye?" Even the baddest of bads templars fall to their dust with this one.

joshoolhorst
06-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Oke I swear there was a reply on this thread and I have been searching in all the threads over why Connor is the Creed was it removed?

It had to do with Altair VS ezio I thought

Kenny_WeLoveYou
06-12-2017, 01:40 AM
I say that based on the fact Connor was build like a tank and had a proven stamina that allowed to him to endure cannon fire and a wound on his abdomen. It's not that I'm denying Altair super skills combat wise, what he did is certainly not easy. I mean templars were the elite force of the crusader army and he defeated several of them at the same time.

I just pick Connor here because he is also skilled and to top of that, seems stronger. He would be too much to handle.

However it's true that Conner is physically more fit than Ezio and Altair, but Assassin's are suppose to fight with weapons.

The physical fitness plays it's part in combat but know that Altair and Ezio were way more trained as they fought many opponents alone bare hands and had disarming skills as well.

Conner had very less disarming skill compare to them.

However, talking about skill, Altair managed to kill a section of Richard's army at the end of AC1, by himself, without taking damage.

The synchronization bar in AC1 and AC:R (Exclusive to Altair) attests to that.

Experience is everything.

Altair managed to survive countless wars, fend off countless Templars, without taking a hit.

THAT is skill.

The reason Connor fights so smoothly in the Animus 3.0 is purely Animus-related.

izombie47
09-28-2018, 11:24 PM

Yo Conner is the actually definition of stupid he was the worst assassin and they should have never made ac3 Altair would shred him and ezio, well, conner would be dead in seconds so are you sure he would kill both