PDA

View Full Version : Beta was better.

DuhSavagePickle
06-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Beta was better, Atleast for me.

You don't have to agree with my opinion, because it is an opinion and you have one of your own.

Here are my reasons.

The fights were amazing,

Everyone was using every possible attack their heroes had to offer. Nobody was turtleing up and parries were almost non-existent.

There were no vortexes, no spamming Unblockables, no Crowd Control.

Just plain, unfiltered, unadulterated fun.

I attack you, you attack me.

Now is just who can spam the most Unblockables and get free/safe attacks off first.

The Good Ole' Beta Days.

Where people actually had fun.

Don't get me wrong, I still play from time to time. But it went from playing 4+ hours a day to playing maybe 1 hour every 3-4 days until I run into a turtle/ninja kick spamming/centurion Gank squad and then I play something else or just get off completely.

Beta was simpler, yet more fun.

That is all.

(I must say again, This is my opinion. No one was meant to be hurt in this post. Again I repeat, my opinion. So don't get your feelings hurt.)

Thank you.

ONYX_x5
06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
I agree. I was hooked after the beta. Release even was not the same.

DuhSavagePickle
06-01-2017, 09:03 PM
I agree. I was hooked after the beta. Release even was not the same.

100%

FootlessRhino
06-01-2017, 09:35 PM
so Beta was awesome because no one had a clue how to play yet? lol

DuhSavagePickle
06-01-2017, 09:36 PM
so Beta was awesome because no one had a clue how to play yet? lol

Knowing how to play vs Spamming and only throwing out safe moves are completely different.

What I'm saying is I had more fun in the beta.

You're free to disagree

FootlessRhino
06-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Knowing how to play vs Spamming and only throwing out safe moves are completely different.

What I'm saying is I had more fun in the beta.

You're free to disagree

that's what the fighting games are. mostly safe moves, mixed up with occasional unsafe one to confuse the opponent. the objective is to win, once people figure out the optimal way to use the character, others have no other option but to get up to par. I bet it was really fun to play this when people were still figuring out how to play this in the most optimal way, but you can't really expect that to last. I understand your nostalgia though

Kraxers
06-02-2017, 12:03 AM
Beta was amazing I was bad comparing to even other new guys. I really didn't bother look up for anything. Like what is feint or things like that. Yet I was having so much fun. Now it is all spams and ****. Shinobi kicks cent ganks etc. etc. And people were actually being honorable more often. Even though there are people like it is 4v4 go play duel especialy after cent and shinobi I hope they are having fun just getting stunned to death.

tbtsrjc
06-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Agreed, beta is what got my friends and I hooked; then after release...one by one we started abandoning ship.

I even went back to playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on consoles. For being such utter crap, that game doesn't make me anywhere near as angry as FH did. They have crappy dedicated servers with 0 updates and I never get DC'd, although the lag and netcode kills me a lot, I still find myself laughing a lot in that game. $10 well spent, even though Activision's port over was crap. For Honor is not worth $60 and I was a sucker that bought the Gold Ediiton, smh.