PDA

View Full Version : Why releasing new content?

SaschoS
06-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Why are you releasing new content if the core game is not functioning? It's like making sandwich only without a bread. Why don't you fix stuff first and than add new stuff? Fixing stuff after brings only trouble I guess... When you want to fix something only to find that you broke something! It is a cool game but piling s*** upon s*** won't help it.

kweassa1917
06-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Core game's fine.

FootlessRhino
06-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Why are you releasing new content if the core game is not functioning? It's like making sandwich only without a bread. Why don't you fix stuff first and than add new stuff? Fixing stuff after brings only trouble I guess... When you want to fix something only to find that you broke something! It is a cool game but piling s*** upon s*** won't help it.

as I understand, they have a group of people who are working on balance issues, and they have designers who create new content, like ornaments and outfits. if you moved the designers to the balancing/development group you wouldn't see any difference apart from the lack of new content in the aesthetics department, since designers can't contribute to solving balance issues - not their job description. their work is straight forward, risk-free from game breaking changes and adds income to keep funding the maintenance of the game. This is my speculation at least.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Do you have little children?

Look. When toddlers are cranky it is pretty simple to distract them with shiny stuff that makes noises - like your keys fot example.

They gave s a whole new set of keys today.

bmason1000
06-01-2017, 06:22 PM
as I understand, they have a group of people who are working on balance issues, and they have designers who create new content, like ornaments and outfits. if you moved the designers to the balancing/development group you wouldn't see any difference apart from the lack of new content in the aesthetics department, since designers can't contribute to solving balance issues - not their job description. their work is straight forward, risk-free from game breaking changes and adds income to keep funding the maintenance of the game. This is my speculation at least.
Pretty sure that's accurate.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 06:34 PM

Do you really think, that they are working on ornaments and reskins now?

This crap is possibly finished since before the alpha hit.

Its very likely, that those designers are already working on the next game.

razabak10mm
06-01-2017, 06:39 PM
It's like sprinkling glitter on a turd.

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Pretty sure that's accurate.

Yeah but they're still pouring resources into something they don't need to. would be much better if they fired an emote guy and hired another guy to work on the Connection problems.

T_Sesh
06-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Yeah but they're still pouring resources into something they don't need to. would be much better if they fired an emote guy and hired another guy to work on the Connection problems.

Throwing more people at it won't necessarily get it fixed any faster - not all problems work that way. In the mean time, designers still have to get paid so they may as well make some things for those of us not having significant issues. Having new maps and characters (unbalanced as they are) to play with is a good way to keep the game fresh and bring back people who may have taken a break from the game.

razabak10mm
06-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Throwing more people at it won't necessarily get it fixed any faster - not all problems work that way. In the mean time, designers still have to get paid so they may as well make some things for those of us not having significant issues. Having new maps and characters (unbalanced as they are) to play with is a good way to keep the game fresh and bring back people who may have taken a break from the game.

Do you think the new heros will, in the end, bring more people back or drive them away? I know where I'm leaning.

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Wait how would not having more man power on this not fix it? The designers don't have to get paid if you fire them or lay them off until the real problems are fixed. I think if you took a poll most people would rather have a working game than ornaments, maps, or characters. Not saying I'm positive about that I'd prefer a better online experience than just new stuff that's going to need more balancing in the long run.

SetMySail4Fail
06-01-2017, 08:24 PM
Do you have little children?

Look. When toddlers are cranky it is pretty simple to distract them with shiny stuff that makes noises - like your keys fot example.

They gave s a whole new set of keys today.

You sir just made my day! Just logged in to like your post. D

EDG_Avocado
06-01-2017, 09:04 PM
they r having troubles fixing it so adding new content in the meantime to keep things fresh

razabak10mm
06-01-2017, 09:11 PM
they r having troubles fixing it so adding new content in the meantime to keep things fresh

Yup. Like I said. Glitter on a turd.

FootlessRhino
06-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Do you really think, that they are working on ornaments and reskins now?

This crap is possibly finished since before the alpha hit.

Its very likely, that those designers are already working on the next game.

it's possible that they're releasing content that was created before the release, sure. that would give even less reason for people to bit'ch about it though. and it still doesn't mean they're not currently working on content that will be released in the further future.

anyway, this discussion really doesn't go anywhere since all we can do is speculate.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Still, they need to fix things and time is running out.

If they would have tested the game properly, they would have found most bugs before release. They made the same mistake, they did with the division. Three very short public tests and nothing the community addressed was fixed.
It took them months to fix the mobile cover glitch. Problem is, that the division was only half pvp based ... Unlike this game.