PDA

View Full Version : Is it a cruel joke ?

Nativ_Toola
06-01-2017, 05:39 PM
I dont really understand.

first thing. Why do you tell us you implemented the rage quit punishment but without activating it ? Is it like you give to a child the best lolipop in the world but with the best child protection packaging in the world so he never gonna open it and you gonna laugh when watching it trying to open it again an again ? i mean, why do you do that to us...

and second. when, in your mind, 10 minute is a sufficient punishment ? i mean. it's like a Steven universe episode, and they are one hundred of those thing, So i can ragequit, watch one of the episode and go back playing like if nothing happened ? why dont you be a little more imaginative ? i don't know, they are Hundred of possibilities

- Creating a Rage quit HELL when all the rage quitter who rage quit more than 10 game in a week go, and then they can only play vs other rage quitter and must complete 50 game without rage quitting to go back on normal lobby.

- IA only, Like if you rage quit. You can only play vs IA. and the punishment is increasing each time you rage quit. and can go to one week.

- Rage quit as a price. Like you can still play like nothing. But each time you ragequit, It cost you 1000 Steel and one level on the character you play.

- SHAME ON YOU : You put a large "RAGEQUITER" Marked with red iron on is chest so anybody can see he is just a salty nasty ragequitter

-You reap what you sowed : Each rage quit count for one point, and each point make you disconnect of one game you where supposed to win. and that until all the point are gone.

etc etc etc.... I mean, i though that making game need good imagination, so use it and stop being boring like that. and stop being cruel with children. Bad ubisoft.

MadCYclops
06-01-2017, 07:11 PM
the cruel joke is punishing players in a casual game that crashes when someone quits ...INSTEAD OF FIXING THE CRASHES

Thiag0BR
06-01-2017, 07:18 PM
I have an OPEN NAT and can't find anyone to join a match, just did once on duel.
Don't get any rewards, XP or steel for playing agains IA and can't find anyone to play against, thats the joke.

Sykoink
06-01-2017, 07:34 PM
I dont really understand.

first thing. Why do you tell us you implemented the rage quit punishment but without activating it ? Is it like you give to a child the best lolipop in the world but with the best child protection packaging in the world so he never gonna open it and you gonna laugh when watching it trying to open it again an again ? i mean, why do you do that to us...

and second. when, in your mind, 10 minute is a sufficient punishment ? i mean. it's like a Steven universe episode, and they are one hundred of those thing, So i can ragequit, watch one of the episode and go back playing like if nothing happened ? why dont you be a little more imaginative ? i don't know, they are Hundred of possibilities

- Creating a Rage quit HELL when all the rage quitter who rage quit more than 10 game in a week go, and then they can only play vs other rage quitter and must complete 50 game without rage quitting to go back on normal lobby.

- IA only, Like if you rage quit. You can only play vs IA. and the punishment is increasing each time you rage quit. and can go to one week.

- Rage quit as a price. Like you can still play like nothing. But each time you ragequit, It cost you 1000 Steel and one level on the character you play.

- SHAME ON YOU : You put a large "RAGEQUITER" Marked with red iron on is chest so anybody can see he is just a salty nasty ragequitter

-You reap what you sowed : Each rage quit count for one point, and each point make you disconnect of one game you where supposed to win. and that until all the point are gone.

etc etc etc.... I mean, i though that making game need good imagination, so use it and stop being boring like that. and stop being cruel with children. Bad ubisoft.

To your first point, the devs just told us on the warriors den that they have not activated the quit penalty yet because the patch is not on consoles yet. When the patch also hits consoles then the quit penalty system will be activated. It's a server thing.

UbiNoty
06-02-2017, 12:27 AM
Well, this is certainly not what I was expecting when I first started reading. I haven't seen many members that think the punishment should be harsher.

Like Sykoink said above, this is something that has to be activated server-side from our end, so we need to wait for 1.08 to go live on consoles first before we can activate it. It won't be long before the RQ penalty is activated so hang tight until then!

And as for the 10 minutes, we want it to be a deterrent, but we also don't want it to cripple your experience. If we see that it's not having the impact we would like, we'd definitely be open to making it more/less in the future - but for now we're going to be using the 10 minute penalty.

And thanks for the suggestions - I thought the 'Scarlet Letter' style public-shaming punishment was quite inspired

Pillow_Hands
06-02-2017, 12:32 AM

You're so right. Ubisoft should just go burn ragequitters' houses down, and kick them in the teeth when they try to run out of their house, while they yell, "HOW DARE YOU RAGEQUIT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!"

bmason1000
06-02-2017, 12:41 AM
You're so right. Ubisoft should just go burn ragequitters' houses down, and kick them in the teeth when they try to run out of their house, while they yell, "HOW DARE YOU RAGEQUIT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!"

That's so unbalanced. Fire is OP. Also, nerf the house.

Nativ_Toola
06-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Well, this is certainly not what I was expecting when I first started reading. I haven't seen many members that think the punishment should be harsher.

As an almost exclusive duel player all i see, everyday, is rage quit again and again and again, they quit after dying, just to keep their stat in the good way. Or because they cant handle to be a looser in a video game because they already are one in real life. But after seeing 50 or more guy rage quit. you pass by the seven state of the rage quit opponent.

0>5 - You are surprised.
5>10 - You try to argue that maybe he was disconnected.
10>20 - you laugh because they cant beat you
20>25 - you laugh a little more
25>30 - you start to be blazed
30>40 - You are blazed
40>50 - You imagine yourself with the salty nasty rage quitter in your cave with is genital exposed and many.... many possibilities who go to the simple hammer to sulfuric acid.

S0Mi_xD
06-02-2017, 09:44 AM
the cruel joke is punishing players in a casual game that crashes when someone quits ...INSTEAD OF FIXING THE CRASHES

The real joke is that some people think, that fixing the connectivity is as simple as fixing a bug.

Edit:
Also a really nice joke is, that some people think, fixing a game is as easy as playing the game.

My.Insanity
06-02-2017, 10:23 AM
totaly agree with OP

People RQ because they wanna save their K/D and W/L stats... so if you wanna stop them your 10min ban is a joke... you have to get them where it hurts

Ragequit = 1 Lose and it counts as 0 Kills / 15 Deaths + 10min Ban. <--- This is the way to handle those little Kiddos

Knight_Gregor
06-02-2017, 05:17 PM
These are all great ideas. But why don't we wait and see if Ubisoft can truly tell the difference between ragequits and disconnects first?

teamspirit1
06-02-2017, 06:47 PM
These are all great ideas. But why don't we wait and see if Ubisoft can truly tell the difference between ragequits and disconnects first?

future will tell.

teamspirit1
06-02-2017, 06:49 PM
i dont really understand.

First thing. Why do you tell us you implemented the rage quit punishment but without activating it ? Is it like you give to a child the best lolipop in the world but with the best child protection packaging in the world so he never gonna open it and you gonna laugh when watching it trying to open it again an again ? I mean, why do you do that to us...

And second. When, in your mind, 10 minute is a sufficient punishment ? I mean. It's like a steven universe episode, and they are one hundred of those thing, so i can ragequit, watch one of the episode and go back playing like if nothing happened ? Why dont you be a little more imaginative ? I don't know, they are hundred of possibilities

- creating a rage quit hell when all the rage quitter who rage quit more than 10 game in a week go, and then they can only play vs other rage quitter and must complete 50 game without rage quitting to go back on normal lobby.

- ia only, like if you rage quit. You can only play vs ia. And the punishment is increasing each time you rage quit. And can go to one week.

- rage quit as a price. Like you can still play like nothing. But each time you ragequit, it cost you 1000 steel and one level on the character you play.

- shame on you : You put a large "ragequiter" marked with red iron on is chest so anybody can see he is just a salty nasty ragequitter

-you reap what you sowed : Each rage quit count for one point, and each point make you disconnect of one game you where supposed to win. And that until all the point are gone.

Etc etc etc.... I mean, i though that making game need good imagination, so use it and stop being boring like that. And stop being cruel with children. Bad ubisoft.
shame on you : You put a large "ragequiter" marked with red iron on is chest so anybody can see he is just a salty nasty ragequitter.
LOL.

Blasto95
06-02-2017, 07:00 PM
shame on you : You put a large "ragequiter" marked with red iron on is chest so anybody can see he is just a salty nasty ragequitter.
LOL.

Just put a dunce cap on anyone who rage quits a certain amount of times. Have the cap replace all ornaments for at least a week.

I may rage quit just to get it.

XxHunterHxX
06-02-2017, 08:09 PM
The real joke is that some people think, that fixing the connectivity is as simple as fixing a bug.

Edit:
Also a really nice joke is, that some people think, fixing a game is as easy as playing the game.

buy servers...code it in the game...use servers....problem solved....

Knight_Raime
06-02-2017, 10:55 PM

There is literally only so much they can do.
the game's MM system is flawed in that if a player drops a piece of the puzzle is gone. which can cause the game to end.
No amount of patches will fix that. Only make it less likely. which they've been doing.

UbiNoty
06-02-2017, 11:06 PM
If we see that the current RQ punishment is ineffective, we'll make a decision then if we want to make the punishment more strict or try for a different solution. Ty for your thoughts on it though.

KyleTessada
06-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Definitely can and should be harsher... at least it should be stackable.
I personally think first offense should be 10 min and then it becomes 10 min plus a death count.

M0nty_1
06-02-2017, 11:40 PM
I think a penalty like a 50% penalty on rewards for the next 30 minutes for the quitter to be more appropriate, and would also not stop people playing. Make it cumulative, so the second time they rage quit within the 30 minutes gives them only 25% of rewards, and so on.
Also, agree that a rage quit should count as a loss - that would disincentivise people who do it to maintain their win ratio. Or make it count as 2 losses.

Love the idea of a dunces cap penalty.

ONYX_x5
06-03-2017, 01:32 AM
"Also a really nice joke is, that some people think, fixing a game is as easy as playing the game."
I got the best joke, Some people buy a game and think all these problems are normal and acceptable.

S0Mi_xD
06-03-2017, 03:10 AM
"Also a really nice joke is, that some people think, fixing a game is as easy as playing the game."
I got the best joke, Some people buy a game and think all these problems are normal and acceptable.

Hm, you overlooked this joke, some people are buying a game and think it will have no problems and is perfect.

Titanodragon
06-04-2017, 01:15 AM
Hm, you overlooked this joke, some people are buying a game and think it will have no problems and is perfect.

When you buy something, do you expect it to work?

S0Mi_xD
06-04-2017, 01:20 AM
When you buy something, do you expect it to work?

Yes, and the game itself works.
I made much gaming experience over the last 16 years, and what i learned is NEVER expect it to be PERFECT.
Working is not the same to be perfect ;)

But the problem is, many of those people who are complaining, expected to much.

Titanodragon
06-04-2017, 02:00 AM
Yes, and the game itself works.
I made much gaming experience over the last 16 years, and what i learned is NEVER expect it to be PERFECT.
Working is not the same to be perfect ;)

But the problem is, many of those people who are complaining, expected to much.

I never expected it to be perfect, but I did expect it to work more than 60% at the very least.

Titanodragon
06-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Actually I want to change it to 80%