PDA

View Full Version : Quitting penalty will backfire

Casper5632
06-01-2017, 03:46 PM
I am amoung the many people who leave matches early in this game, but most of my quit matches happen in that first 30 seconds that will be the grace period. My main reasoning for quitting a match is that I was matched with a bot, we had a bunch of players leave at the start and I dont want to play a VS AI match, or the gear or experience level of the teams is extremely one sided.

This 30 second grace period, and then banning them for 10 minutes if they quit after that period is just going to lead to players spending the first 30 seconds evaluating their team, and quitting early before they get too invested in the match. I am certainly going to pay a lot more attention to the player count and prestige levels going forward here, as previously I would stick around a losing match if it took me 5 minutes in to realize I had a bot on my team the entire time that is currently 0/6.

Also there is no way for UBIsoft to know if you ALT+F4ed out of a match, and will likely bring on a huge streak of players getting booted as a false positive. There is no way to distinguish real DCs and crashes from intentional disconnects and force close. If that was a possibility it would have been a widespread feature on big multiplayer titles already.

guffffff
06-01-2017, 04:04 PM
I'm guessing that hard closing the program will not incur a penalty (Thats just a guess) simply because if you "rage quit", and the game frigs and we all get booted, we will all be penalised which would be ironic :D
This may be a half-assed attempt at stopping quitters but just its existance may make you think again before you quit and have a good result. Is it live yet on PC?

Casper5632
06-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Its going to be live soon, which leaves me questioning the functionality. The only thing UBI can track is if a player goes through the menu and quits. If they decide that disconnecting from a match wont impose a penalty we will just have a bunch of people kill their local connection intentionally to get the disconnect. It is going to stop at most a very small fraction of quitters who never go on the forums, and have no computer knowledge whatsoever. I began quitting matches to avoid the previously mentioned matchmaking problems, but I guess putting in a quitting penalty is cheaper than making matches worth not quitting in the first place.

Kaijudub
06-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Didn't they mention a "warning message" before quitting a game... Perhaps thats being used as a flag, as for the alt+f4 route though who knows.

MadCYclops
06-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Still hasn't been answered, why are players being punished for their inability (ubisoft) to make the game continue on when someone rage quits... lets be honest here it's not the rage quitting thats a problem, its the game crashing...so again why are we to be punished for ubisofts inability to code thier game correctly?

razabak10mm
06-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Yup. Before, players might give it a chance to see if the team does ok. Even if you have 2+ of shin/Cents and even if you lose, as long as it's not a total gang bang I think most ppl will stick around.

Now with the penalty, if you see more than one new hero, people are just going to leave before the 30sec timer and not take the chance.

Once again, why are we being penalized for their broken game?

KyleTessada
06-01-2017, 07:46 PM
If only people would try to get better. Then you would understand that rep and gear level does not equal a better player.
Look I'm not a "leet" player by any means. I main a rep 22+ max gear level Zerker. OK I have max gear. ... but what options are max? OK I'm rep22+, so what? I get my butt handed to me by level 11 grey gear characters if I'm not on my game. I get killed by Rep 1s. So what?
I've been dropped into a game on the loosing side with a score like 700/50.. and went on to win the match.
Point is, stop quitting. Stop ruining the game for everyone else. Try to get better. Stop being salty about losing. Find a character who's play style suits you and use it as your main and level it.
How about the new Characters? I hated them at first. I complained about how op they were... there are op in their own way, but so are every character. Guess what? The more I play against them the more I learn about their weaknesses. Cent for instance, I learned NOT to get caught near a wall. I learned to back off of them when they start their attacks. Back step, back step, back step, then attack. Now what suckered is getting caught up with 2 Cents.... that is tough, but still doable. Hopefully you have smart team mates who can show up and help you out... if not you are sure to die... oh well. Get revived or restart to full health and go at them again..
IMHO rage quiting is a problem.. a huge problem.. the only problem? No. But I don't have any problems with the MM. I do have a problem with people who give up and ruin my 20 min of game play.

Just my two cents.

MadCYclops
06-01-2017, 08:09 PM
If only people would try to get better. Then you would understand that rep and gear level does not equal a better player.
Look I'm not a "leet" player by any means. I main a rep 22+ max gear level Zerker. OK I have max gear. ... but what options are max? OK I'm rep22+, so what? I get my butt handed to me by level 11 grey gear characters if I'm not on my game. I get killed by Rep 1s. So what?
I've been dropped into a game on the loosing side with a score like 700/50.. and went on to win the match.
Point is, stop quitting. Stop ruining the game for everyone else. Try to get better. Stop being salty about losing. Find a character who's play style suits you and use it as your main and level it.
How about the new Characters? I hated them at first. I complained about how op they were... there are op in their own way, but so are every character. Guess what? The more I play against them the more I learn about their weaknesses. Cent for instance, I learned NOT to get caught near a wall. I learned to back off of them when they start their attacks. Back step, back step, back step, then attack. Now what suckered is getting caught up with 2 Cents.... that is tough, but still doable. Hopefully you have smart team mates who can show up and help you out... if not you are sure to die... oh well. Get revived or restart to full health and go at them again..
IMHO rage quiting is a problem.. a huge problem.. the only problem? No. But I don't have any problems with the MM. I do have a problem with people who give up and ruin my 20 min of game play.

Just my two cents.

And here yet another guy whose SOLE reason is because the game crashes and wastes his 20 mins...its not the rage quitter, but behold, the game crashing...AMAZING

Vingrask
06-01-2017, 08:29 PM
It won't.

You whiners will MAYBE stop play, but the quality of the matches will increase, bringing other players back and calling new ones that stay back because this. Every patch the netcode is improved, and at some point it will reach the stability everyone expect. So with the patches and with soon the qui penalty, the game will become more serious.

You weak players will MAYBE leave, what left only the brave ones. Those are the ones who do not give up, different of you all, so until the end all matches will be intense.

Ubi need to seek for the high skill players, not you. Every step in the direction of make For Honor more like a true fighting game with true rules, more "serious" players will come.

A quit penalty doesn't make anybody leave. The online games I played with this system still had your kind of players there, crying about anything like here. I doubt you stop play For Honor, you will just move to the next excuse for your incompetence.

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 08:39 PM
It won't.

You whiners will MAYBE stop play, but the quality of the matches will increase, bringing other players back and calling new ones that stay back because this. Every patch the netcode is improved, and at some point it will reach the stability everyone expect. So with the patches and with soon the qui penalty, the game will become more serious.

You weak players will MAYBE leave, what left only the brave ones. Those are the ones who do not give up, different of you all, so until the end all matches will be intense.

Ubi need to seek for the high skill players, not you. Every step in the direction of make For Honor more like a true fighting game with true rules, more "serious" players will come.

A quit penalty doesn't make anybody leave. The online games I played with this system still had your kind of players there, crying about anything like here. I doubt you stop play For Honor, you will just move to the next excuse for your incompetence.

It always cracks me up when mediocre players make posts like this one.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 08:54 PM
It won't.

Mediocrity has never attracted the sophisticated crowd.

While for honor has the potential to be a very good hybrid game, real fighting games will always be more attractive for the hardcore fighting game player.

Why is rainbow six siege a more competitive game with a higher skill cap than battlefield? Because it goes all in.

For honor on the other hand is in its core a lot more casual, than tekken et al. Simple combat, that us build around punishes and single strike actions or very short combos. In addition, it uses a lot of crowd control.

Thus game is a bit moba, a bit fighter, a bit shooter (without guns) and a bit hack'n'slash. But none of those components are deep. Overwatch is a shooter-moba-hybrid but both roots run deep. Deep enough, to be interesting for the competitive scene. And it has dedicated servers with relatively solid matchmaking.

For honor works based on p2p - a bad p2p I might add. Even if the matchmaker works (once per month), you are matched with people farer and farer away, the less people are available in the mm-pool. Less players will lead to more lag, even worse balanced matches and even mire disconnects, because of the ****ty connection.

Less players never made an online game better.

KyleTessada
06-01-2017, 09:06 PM
And here yet another guy whose SOLE reason is because the game crashes and wastes his 20 mins...its not the rage quitter, but behold, the game crashing...AMAZING

If the person who gets salty quits the game and causes the match to crash, then yes that is an issue... if I play 4 games in an hour and 2 or 3 matches end due to people quitting. ..that's 30 min of my hour... damn right I'm upset. Damn right it's the quitter's fault. Damn right I want them penalized. I want them penalized to the point they take their game and sell it at their local game store.
Should matches crash due to the quitters? Absolutely not, but It mostly does... stop them from quitting and it will stop most of the crashes. One step at a time the game will improve. I think the most important and the biggest step is to weed out these temper tantrum throwing children.

Vingrask
06-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Mediocrity has never attracted the sophisticated crowd.

While for honor has the potential to be a very good hybrid game, real fighting games will always be more attractive for the hardcore fighting game player.

Why is rainbow six siege a more competitive game with a higher skill cap than battlefield? Because it goes all in.

For honor on the other hand is in its core a lot more casual, than tekken et al. Simple combat, that us build around punishes and single strike actions or very short combos. In addition, it uses a lot of crowd control.

Thus game is a bit moba, a bit fighter, a bit shooter (without guns) and a bit hack'n'slash. But none of those components are deep. Overwatch is a shooter-moba-hybrid but both roots run deep. Deep enough, to be interesting for the competitive scene. And it has dedicated servers with relatively solid matchmaking.

For honor works based on p2p - a bad p2p I might add. Even if the matchmaker works (once per month), you are matched with people farer and farer away, the less people are available in the mm-pool. Less players will lead to more lag, even worse balanced matches and even mire disconnects, because of the ****ty connection.

Less players never made an online game better.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/6eo5gu/how_good_is_the_netcode_of_this_game/ and it a post from 3 hours ago of a game more than 1 year old.

For Honor P2P is damn good. At some point the stability problems will be fixed, since it is a new implementation.

Less players which play means matches with more quality, what is a incentive for other players back or buy. This game is a "new" genre and there is a lot to improve, the two new heroes just show it, and I'm sure at some point the Season 1 heroes will receive a rework and the game will become even deeper.

4v4 modes have no real challenge at all because we do not have organized team really trying win. It's a slaughter fest, with allies acting as enemies sometimes, people running without a strategy, etc. There is no point administration, there is no group fight tactics, there is no feats synergy, there is no roles, etc, etc, etc.

Duel mode is already deep and challenging, even being boring sometimes against a turtle, something Devs already said will try fix on the next big patch. The same depth any fighting game have, For Honor has, if you ever played one competitive you should know. The only difference may lie on the number of avaiable moves, but the new heroes brought more complexity to the table, proving how is possible For Honor get there and offer different possibilities.

Quit penalty is the first step. Netcode and stability is devs primary concern everyday and will be satisfatory at some point. Ranked modes are the next step, what will allow the real good players emerge and favor Ubisoft observations about "what we need to patch", concerning the gameplay.

I belive in For Honor Devs, specially because how patience they are dealing with all the garbage and offenses and whines is writen here.

BeefMan_
06-01-2017, 09:26 PM
So when I'm in an obviously stupid match, I'll just alt-tab and watch a movie or something, and then collect my rewards at the end of the match.
Good job on deterring quitters, Ubisoft.

DrExtrem
06-01-2017, 09:31 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/6eo5gu/how_good_is_the_netcode_of_this_game/ and it a post from 3 hours ago of a game more than 1 year old.

For Honor P2P is damn good. At some point the stability problems will be fixed, since it is a new implementation.

Less players which play means matches with more quality, what is a incentive for other players back or buy. This game is a "new" genre and there is a lot to improve, the two new heroes just show it, and I'm sure at some point the Season 1 heroes will receive a rework and the game will become even deeper.

4v4 modes have no real challenge at all because we do not have organized team really trying win. It's a slaughter fest, with allies acting as enemies sometimes, people running without a strategy, etc. There is no point administration, there is no group fight tactics, there is no feats synergy, there is no roles, etc, etc, etc.

Duel mode is already deep and challenging, even being boring sometimes against a turtle, something Devs already said will try fix on the next big patch. The same depth any fighting game have, For Honor has, if you ever played one competitive you should know. The only difference may lie on the number of avaiable moves, but the new heroes brought more complexity to the table, proving how is possible For Honor get there and offer different possibilities.

Quit penalty is the first step. Netcode and stability is devs primary concern everyday and will be satisfatory at some point. Ranked modes are the next step, what will allow the real good players emerge and favor Ubisoft observations about "what we need to patch", concerning the gameplay.

I belive in For Honor Devs, specially because how patience they are dealing with all the garbage and offenses and whines is writen here.

Yeah right ...

Good p2p in for honor.

... :rolleyes:

Archeun
06-01-2017, 09:40 PM
It won't.

Brave players? On a video game? LOL I think I have a hernia from laughing so hard.

SetMySail4Fail
06-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Less players which play means matches with more quality, what is a incentive for other players back or buy.

What? This has to be one of the most absurd things I've ever read....

C.More
06-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Still hasn't been answered, why are players being punished for their inability (ubisoft) to make the game continue on when someone rage quits... lets be honest here it's not the rage quitting thats a problem, its the game crashing...so again why are we to be punished for ubisofts inability to code thier game correctly?

No one is penalized per se, it's our decision if we quit or stay.

Yes this game has a lot of issues and is far from perfect, but we can do something and prevent a lot of crashes.
Quitting in the middle of a match wouldn't be a problem if the game could handle it without a crash. This is a fact and everyone knows that quitting isn't good for the match stability and increases the problem. I really can't understand the people who're constantly yelling "it's only ubis fault...". Of course they're not innocent but at this point I'm also responsible If I decide to leave, although I know that it can crash the game.

For sure it would be better if all the issues would be fixed and no one quits at all, but unfortunately it's not so easy and this is the best temporary solution until they finish a bigger patch. At least it's a slight improvement if less matches will crash.

Even if they can't distinguish between disconnect and router-plug-off, they know if I've finished the game via dashboard and alt + f4 or if i got disconnected.
It's simple. Every time i see an error message on my screen, i'm not penalized.
If i close the program, exit via menu or my group leader pulls me with him, i'll receive a 10 minute break.

The developers also agree that there are legit reasons to leave a game everyone has 30 seconds after entering the match to leave it without being punished. Which is fair in my opinion.

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 11:22 PM
No one is penalized per se, it's our decision if we quit or stay.

Yes this game has a lot of issues and is far from perfect, but we can do something and prevent a lot of crashes.
Quitting in the middle of a match wouldn't be a problem if the game could handle it without a crash. This is a fact and everyone knows that quitting isn't good for the match stability and increases the problem. I really can't understand the people who're constantly yelling "it's only ubis fault...". Of course they're not innocent but at this point I'm also responsible If I decide to leave, although I know that it can crash the game.

For sure it would be better if all the issues would be fixed and no one quits at all, but unfortunately it's not so easy and this is the best temporary solution until they finish a bigger patch. At least it's a slight improvement if less matches will crash.

Even if they can't distinguish between disconnect and router-plug-off, they know if I've finished the game via dashboard and alt + f4 or if i got disconnected.
It's simple. Every time i see an error message on my screen, i'm not penalized.
If i close the program, exit via menu or my group leader pulls me with him, i'll receive a 10 minute break.

The developers also agree that there are legit reasons to leave a game everyone has 30 seconds after entering the match to leave it without being punished. Which is fair in my opinion.

Very reasonable and thought out post. I fear that the rage quitting issue may be amplified with that last bit in your post though. I can see many bailing right off the bat if the odds don't look in their favor rather than chancing a loss and wasting their time. Granted that's probably better than them doing it when there's 2 minutes left on the clock but I feel like it will become a more common occurrence.

The leaver penalty in itself is not a bad thing, I just don't think it's being done at the right time especially when I think fixing match making, character imbalances, and gear imbalances would eliminate a huge chunk of rage quitters itself plus make the game better as a whole. At this point we just have to wait and see how it goes.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the concerns you brought up about the 30s grace period OP - and yes we can tell when you alt-f4. If we see that the 30s window is being abused we may change it in the future - but for now we want players to have a way out when they're under bad certain circumstances.

And just to address a few other things I saw.

The rage-quit penalty is not just to address the instability issues that come about as a result of those who quit (although less quitters will certainly help to improve session stability).
It's also to try to keep the integrity of the game intact.. By that I mean, when a player quits, they need to be replaced by a bot or another player - this is a disruption to their team as you'll need to give the new player time to orientate themselves in the game, or be forced to play with a bot.

While we are still looking to improve the stability of our network in the cases that a player does leave, or is disconnected - the RQ penalty isn't just meant for this. When you enter a matchmade game (in any kind of pvp game - not just FH), there's a kind of social contract that you're expected to uphold. it's a promise to your teammates that you're going to play this match. The penalty is meant to enforce this, which is why we're only looking to penalize those who willingly, and knowlingly break that promise.

And again, you have a 30s grace window to leave without penalty - like in case your dog caught fire, or something...

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Did you just openly admit, that you are reading out the input of our devices? While not in the game?

Sweet. What if somebody alt-tabs out to write an email to their bank or relative? So many open questions.

If your matchmaking would not be the mess it is, their would be far less quits.

The stability issues are not only the players fault.

KyleTessada
06-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Did you just openly admit, that you are reading out the input of our devices? While not in the game?

Sweet. What if somebody alt-tabs out to write an email to their bank or relative? So many open questions.

There really isn't an issue with MM imo...to my knowledge it's based on Overall rep score...the problem with MM is that people are way to eager to quit, feeling that they are doomed to fail... that's the problem.. people have the wrong mentality. They look for the easy win... then again, I forget this is the era of giving out trophies for participation.

ArlianDeBias
06-02-2017, 12:09 AM

Woah bruh, before you put on the tinfoil hat and start screaming about our lizard overlords that isn't what he said.

I believe he only mentioned that they can see the method of you leaving the game. I don't see any mention of illegal keylogging or remote viewing / access software in his post.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 12:18 AM
There really isn't an issue with MM imo...to my knowledge it's based on Overall rep score...the problem with MM is that people are way to eager to quit, feeling that they are doomed to fail... that's the problem.. people have the wrong mentality. They look for the easy win... then again, I forget this is the era of giving out trophies for participation.

You don't see the problem with 4 rep 1 against 4 rep 10 144s?

KyleTessada
06-02-2017, 12:24 AM

No I absolutely don't as I've said before and I'll say it again... Rep and gear do not equate to skill.... sorry that it's so hard for you and some others to comprehend that.

That_guy44
06-02-2017, 12:24 AM

A lot of people don't when they are on the team with the rep 10s

KyleTessada
06-02-2017, 12:26 AM
A lot of people don't when they are on the team with the rep 10s

Anyone who thinks that Rep and gear is the end all in this game obviously doesn't really play the game.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 12:29 AM
No I absolutely don't as I've said before and I'll say it again... Rep and gear do not equate to skill.... sorry that it's so hard for you and some others to comprehend that.

Yeah cuz I totally said rep and gear means skill amirite? They have the advantage and for someone who is against easy wins I find it odd you are okay with the 144s stomping out some greys but whatever.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Anyone who thinks that Rep and gear is the end all in this game obviously doesn't really play the game.

Man you just love strawmanning people don't you? Probably second place to dodging duels though

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 12:33 AM

Rep score means nothing except, that you have played a certain amount of time. It is ridiculous to use thus stat to measure someones skill.

The amount of successful blocks, parries, guard breaks, counter guard breaks, hits and executions would be a far better indicator.

KyleTessada
06-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Man you just love strawmanning people don't you? Probably second place to dodging duels though

From here on out I will just ignore your petty insults. You try and try to flame people. Some people are just like that I guess... what ever helps you sleep at night. I'm not wasting another second of my life responding to you.

darkspawn2101
06-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Honestly the penalty is one of the worst things to happen to this game. Sorry, but facing a team of like, full wardens isn't fun. Your just gonna end up with people -leaving- more games than they play which in turn creates animocity for the game, and less people playing.

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN.

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN.

THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

KyleTessada
06-02-2017, 12:35 AM
Rep score means nothing except, that you have played a certain amount of time. It is ridiculous to use thus stat to measure someones skill.

The amount of successful blocks, parries, guard breaks, counter guard breaks, hits and executions would be a far better indicator.

Thank you.. at least you understand this.

UbiNoty

We can only tell if you quit from menu/alt-f4 on PC. Outside of that, I think then only the NSA can keep tabs on you from there ;p

And we know disconnects aren't the fault of our players. Which is why, I'll say this once again, we're not punishing disconnects. We're still working to improve stability, and we know it needs to be better, so we're trying to fix it. The same goes for matchmaking.

DrExtrem
Woah bruh, before you put on the tinfoil hat and start screaming about our lizard overlords that isn't what he said.

I believe he only mentioned that they can see the method of you leaving the game. I don't see any mention of illegal keylogging or remote viewing / access software in his post.

they openly stated, that they can see when somebody leaves with alt+f4 and that they can differentiate between a real disconnect and pressing two buttons. The latter ones includes killing the process in the task manager.

Antonioj26
From here on out I will just ignore your petty insults. You try and try to flame people. Some people are just like that I guess... what ever helps you sleep at night. I'm not wasting another second of my life responding to you.

That's fine, just keep dodging, it's what you do best my dude.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 12:39 AM

Yeah rep score isn't everything but it does show familiarity with your character. I'll be miles better when I'm rep 10 than I was rep 1. Your experiences will teach you the tiniest tidbits of info that can only be learned through experience and that's an advantage you will have over a rep 1

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 12:44 AM
Yeah rep score isn't everything but it does show familiarity with your character. I'll be miles better when I'm rep 10 than I was rep 1. Your experiences will teach you the tiniest tidbits of info that can only be learned through experience and that's an advantage you will have over a rep 1

I am rep 18 and By your statement a few days before, I am one of the worst players. I am so bad (because I play vs. bots), that I should not be a part of a balancing discussion.

Reputation is only an indicator of how persistent somebody is.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 12:48 AM
I am rep 18 and By your statement a few days before, I am one of the worst players. I am so bad (because I play vs. bots), that I should not be a part of a balancing discussion.

I don't think I said you were the worst player but yeah I vaguely remember saying that someone who fights bots can't fully grasp balance since bots are terrible. Half the time they don't use the best tools in their kit

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 12:52 AM

Persistent and also experienced. I'm not saying better but by rep 10 you've probably reached your potential. Rep 1 you've barely started to understand the character.

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 12:56 AM
I don't think I said you were the worst player but yeah I vaguely remember saying that someone who fights bots can't fully grasp balance since bots are terrible. Half the time they don't use the best tools in their kit

Hint. You can't use several tools of your kit vs. bots, because they can counter them perfectly every time. Take the warden vortex as an example - it does not even work against a level one bot. The bot dodges most of the firs shoulder bashes. In fact, only the shoulder bash follow up after a crushing counter is granted - the rest is being dodged and you will be mercilessly punished by the bot.

But that is something completely different.

And I did not state, that you stated i am the worst player but one of the worst. Subtle difference.

Mia.Nora
06-02-2017, 12:58 AM

Actually not at all. I rep 20 in total but if I would pick up a new character, lets say Warden then I would get my *** kicked seriously since I have no gear/experience in playing as him.

Also more importantly For Honor, unlike people claim it to be, is not mainly about lighting sharp decision making. It is more about having developed enough reflexes concerning various situations so that you react to the situation without actually thinking evaluating it deeply. After I started playing Conq, when I went back to my PK I was total **** with her, because I developed reflexes that fits conq playstyle. And After PK when I went to Nobushi, it was a total ****hole since her dodges are pathetic and playstyle is completely different.

In Cloud Pirates every ship has its own ranking and league. You do well with X ship, you go Gold league. You suck at that other ship, you stay bronze with it. Simple as that.

See no rocket science is needed, just change MM so that people select char first then queue; so we can get ranked and paired accordingly for each char.

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Persistent and also experienced. I'm not saying better but by rep 10 you've probably reached your potential. Rep 1 you've barely started to understand the character.

This is again not true, because training sessions, custom games etc. are not influencing this stat. Only mp games do.

A bad player will not get significantly better by grinding loss-xp or by being part of a good team with a strong carry.

On the other hand - players with experience in this kind of game will be far better at rep one, than a 56 year old guy, who is grinding his first fighting game @30 fps.

Rep is maybe the least significant stats to determine someones skill.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:03 AM
Hint. You can't use several tools of your kit vs. bots, because they can counter them perfectly every time. Take the warden vortex as an example - it does not even work against a level one bot. The bot dodges most of the firs shoulder bashes. In fact, only the shoulder bash follow up after a crushing counter is granted - the rest is being dodged and you will be mercilessly punished by the bot.

But that is something completely different.

And I did not state, that you stated i am the worst player but one of the worst. Subtle difference.

Sorry I missed that, Warden vortex works 100% of the time when they are out of stamina And getting them out of stamina is cake since they don't even bother managing it. If you charge the sb they will always try and dodge and then you gb. Seriously try it or I can upload a video of it if you'd like. The bots are complete garbage and Will take lb and raiders unblockables straight to the face 9/10 times without trying to dodge or parry. They are incredibly predictable you just need to play a bit passive, chains don't work on them which is great simulation since they don't really work on players either

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Actually not at all. I rep 20 in total but if I would pick up a new character, lets say Warden then I would get my *** kicked seriously since I have no gear/experience in playing as him.

Also more importantly For Honor, unlike people claim it to be, is not mainly about lighting sharp decision making. It is more about having developed enough reflexes concerning various situations so that you react to the situation without actually thinking evaluating it deeply. After I started playing Conq, when I went back to my PK I was total **** with her, because I developed reflexes that fits conq playstyle. And After PK when I went to Nobushi, it was a total ****hole since her dodges are pathetic and playstyle is completely different.

In Cloud Pirates every ship has its own ranking and league. You do well with X ship, you go Gold league. You suck at that other ship, you stay bronze with it. Simple as that.

See no rocket science is needed, just change MM so that people select char first then queue; so we can get ranked and paired accordingly for each char.

I'm confused, from the first paragraph it sounds like you are agreeing with me even though you say you aren't.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:07 AM
This is again not true, because training sessions, custom games etc. are not influencing this stat. Only mp games do.

A bad player will not get significantly better by grinding loss-xp or by being part of a good team with a strong carry.

On the other hand - players with experience in this kind of game will be far better at rep one, than a 56 year old guy, who is grinding his first fighting game @30 fps.

Rep is maybe the least significant stats to determine someones skill.

You don't think you are significantly better as your rep 18 than you were at rep 1?

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 01:10 AM
You don't think you are significantly better as your rep 18 than you were at rep 1?

According to your statements, I an not. ;)

Every other stat says more about your skill level, than your rep level. Persistence is not skill.

Let's assume, I reached my peak at rep 8. If I am rep 30, I will not have gotten better. Another person with rep 30 might still be far more skilled. On paper, we look equally skilled but on the battlefield, we aren't.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:12 AM

Every other stat says more about your skill level, than your rep level. Persistence is not skill.

What statements? Again I'm asking you, my opinion on you isn't really relevant here. do you think you are signicantly better now compared to when you were rep 1?

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:15 AM

Let's assume, I reached my peak at rep 8. If I am rep 30, I will not have gotten better. Another person with rep 30 might still be far more skilled. On paper, we look equally skilled but on the battlefield, we aren't.

Yeah but that's not what I'm arguing, how about this. You are going to place a bet on a duel. No other sort of info is known. Not the characters, not the people. You can only choose one. A rep 18 or the rep 1. Who would you choose?

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 01:16 AM
Yeah but that's not what I'm arguing, how about this. You are going to place a bet on a duel. No other sort of info is known. Not the characters, not the people. You can only choose one. A rep 18 or the rep 1. Who would you choose?

Because I know how bad the mm is, I would not choose.

The rep one player could utterly wreck the rep 18 one.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Because I know how bad the mm is, I would not choose.

The rep one player could utterly wreck the rep 18 one.

Comeon, you gotta pick one. Your life depends on it! Just humor me.

That_guy44
06-02-2017, 01:21 AM
Gear score matters though. That's why they reworked and jacked up everyones stats. In season 1, my Nobushi could end someone with 2 heavies and a light. I was maxed out though. The people playing with vanilla gear would have an uphill battle against me. This is all excluding my skill level. If I played my clone and I had better gear, how is that fair? I remember saying months ago, I don't blame peoplefor leaving. I still won't.

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 01:36 AM
Comeon, you gotta pick one. Your life depends on it! Just humor me.

Which one has the better internet?

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:47 AM
Which one has the better internet?

Lol comeon you are just being silly, we both know who you would pick. The guy who has more experience with his character. I'm slightly going to Steal this from that guy44 but if you went head to head with your clone but he's only played to rep 1 you would win. Experience doesn't trump skill but it's something you can only obtain with time and there are only certain things you can learn through it. That's all I'm saying.

DrExtrem
06-02-2017, 01:50 AM
No you assume, I would pick a certain hero.

But If you assume something, you are only making an *** out of u. ;)

Btw. The reason i don't make assumptions based on limited data.

I am playing online long enough, to not bet on a time played indicator alone to pass judgement. If I know both players, I can make a prediction but in this case? Nope.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 01:52 AM
No you assume, I would pick a certain hero.

But If you assume something, you are only making an *** out of u. ;)

I am playing online long enough, to not bet on a time played indicator alone to pass judgement. If I know both players, I can make a prediction but in this case? Nope.

Lol why is it so hard for people to concede a point on these forums? You are being ridiculous now. Gun to your head you would pick the rep 18 if no other info is given. I don't know why you are denying this.

C.More
06-02-2017, 02:20 AM
Lol why is it so hard for people to concede a point on these forums? You are being ridiculous now. Gun to your head you would pick the rep 18 if no other info is given. I don't know why you are denying this.

Everyone would choose the rep 18 because everyone assumes that he has more experience/skill and mostly that's true.

I think what he means is, there's no guarantee that he is really better. Maybe he's an hardcore afk farmer or he earned all that xp against bots while repeatedly using the same cheezy unblockable move over and over.

Yes Dr. they're existing, but let's be honest that's a rare and uncommon kind of player.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Everyone would choose the rep 18 because everyone assumes that he has more experience/skill and mostly that's true.

I think what he means is, there's no guarantee that he is really better. Maybe he's an hardcore afk farmer or he earned all that xp against bots while repeatedly using the same cheezy unblockable move over and over.

Yes Dr. they're existing, but let's be honest that's a rare and uncommon kind of player.

Of course I know this all too well and would agree with that point. I'm not arguing against that. Most of my characters sit around rep 2-3 and I still consistently beat those far higher than I. My point solely was that someone with a higher rep more than likely knows their character more than someone with a lower rep. Knowledge is power in this game, not just reflexes.

C.More
06-02-2017, 03:11 AM
My point solely was that someone with a higher rep more than likely knows their character more than someone with a lower rep. Knowledge is power in this game, not just reflexes.
At that point I will not contradict you.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 03:15 AM
At that point I will not contradict you.

Cool man, thanks for being reasonable.

S0Mi_xD
06-02-2017, 05:11 AM
Of course I know this all too well and would agree with that point. I'm not arguing against that. Most of my characters sit around rep 2-3 and I still consistently beat those far higher than I. My point solely was that someone with a higher rep more than likely knows their character more than someone with a lower rep. Knowledge is power in this game, not just reflexes.

If someone worked hard for his Rep, than yes :P i agree - because skill comes with experience.
But if someone got 10 rep with orders and another one 1 rep with pure duelling experience it still makes a big difference.

Antonioj26
06-02-2017, 05:12 AM
If someone worked hard for his Rep, than yes :P i agree - because skill comes with experience.
But if someone got 10 rep with orders and another one 1 rep with pure duelling experience it still makes a big difference.

Man! You guys are so nit picky! Somi I'm gonna beat your *** as soon as you get home.

MadCYclops
06-03-2017, 09:55 PM
If the person who gets salty quits the game and causes the match to crash, then yes that is an issue... if I play 4 games in an hour and 2 or 3 matches end due to people quitting. ..that's 30 min of my hour... damn right I'm upset. Damn right it's the quitter's fault. Damn right I want them penalized. I want them penalized to the point they take their game and sell it at their local game store.
Should matches crash due to the quitters? Absolutely not, but It mostly does... stop them from quitting and it will stop most of the crashes. One step at a time the game will improve. I think the most important and the biggest step is to weed out these temper tantrum throwing children.

Lol i love when ppl miss the point entirely so AGAIN here we are with yet another person who misses the point, yet still puts it plainly in thier post...AGAIN its not the rage quitter thats the problem its the game crashing when someone quits for ANY reason. And for ubisoft to just push every quit into Rage Quitting...is no diffferent than a racist or sexist blanket statement...Who the fk are you to be the one who says every time someone quits its because of rage? thats like saying every black man likes chicken and watermelon... quit profiling and quit trying to claim its rage quitting thats the problem, when anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can easily see its what happens AFTER the rage quit that is the problem. YOUR GAME CRASHING..

ffs you ppl treat this like the quitter is responsible for the piss poor coding in the game. UBISOFT just needs to be honest and admit they simply CANNOT fix thier game to continue on after someone "rage quits" and thats why they need this penalty

KyleTessada
06-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Lol i love when ppl miss the point entirely so AGAIN here we are with yet another person who misses the point, yet still puts it plainly in thier post...AGAIN its not the rage quitter thats the problem its the game crashing when someone quits for ANY reason. And for ubisoft to just push every quit into Rage Quitting...is no diffferent than a racist or sexist blanket statement...Who the fk are you to be the one who says every time someone quits its because of rage? thats like saying every black man likes chicken and watermelon... quit profiling and quit trying to claim its rage quitting thats the problem, when anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can easily see its what happens AFTER the rage quit that is the problem. YOUR GAME CRASHING..

ffs you ppl treat this like the quitter is responsible for the piss poor coding in the game. UBISOFT just needs to be honest and admit they simply CANNOT fix thier game to continue on after someone "rage quits" and thats why they need this penalty

Again someone who can't comprehend. Maybe it's due to a coding issue... so what? If it's caused by someone leaving a match, for what ever reason, then they are the ones responsible for said crash... if people are punished for leaving matches then maybe they will stick it out.. that's perfectly good enough for me. They can fix the coding later.
I could care less how stiff the penalty is.. I wish it were much harsher. Don't want to play a match because there's a rep 30 on the other team? Whaaaa tuff. Bet you would if he/she was on your team... don't like that there are 2 Cent/Shinobi/Wardens/PK...etc..... Whaaa tuff. Don't like getting dumped into a match that is 50:500 and you're on the loosing side? Whaa tuff.
I've been put into all of those situations and I've lost some and I've won some...
The point is
DON'T BE A QUITER! Actually try to learn, try to get better. If not move on to a different game so that the rest of us can enjoy it!

Antonioj26
06-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Again someone who can't comprehend. Maybe it's due to a coding issue... so what? If it's caused by someone leaving a match, for what ever reason, then they are the ones responsible for said crash... if people are punished for leaving matches then maybe they will stick it out.. that's perfectly good enough for me. They can fix the coding later.
I could care less how stiff the penalty is.. I wish it were much harsher. Don't want to play a match because there's a rep 30 on the other team? Whaaaa tuff. Bet you would if he/she was on your team... don't like that there are 2 Cent/Shinobi/Wardens/PK...etc..... Whaaa tuff. Don't like getting dumped into a match that is 50:500 and you're on the loosing side? Whaa tuff.
I've been put into all of those situations and I've lost some and I've won some...
The point is
DON'T BE A QUITER! Actually try to learn, try to get better. If not move on to a different game so that the rest of us can enjoy it!

Don't worry, they will and "the rest of us," will be down to the hundreds if ubi keeps the same pace.

XxHunterHxX
06-03-2017, 10:28 PM
we will see...

Antonioj26
06-03-2017, 10:32 PM
we will see...
Good input, sub 40.

GheyimeMadeMeAn
06-03-2017, 10:40 PM
We can only tell if you quit from menu/alt-f4 on PC. Outside of that, I think then only the NSA can keep tabs on you from there ;p

And we know disconnects aren't the fault of our players. Which is why, I'll say this once again, we're not punishing disconnects. We're still working to improve stability, and we know it needs to be better, so we're trying to fix it. The same goes for matchmaking.

Yeah, totally gotchu, I totally get that you will not be able to differentiate between rq'ing and dc's based on your over-all ineptitude on the handling of For Honor's post-launch!

Also,WHEN IS META PATCH?

UbiJurassic
06-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Yeah, totally gotchu, I totally get that you will not be able to differentiate between rq'ing and dc's based on your over-all ineptitude on the handling of For Honor's post-launch!

Also,WHEN IS META PATCH?

No exact ETA just yet on when the Defense Meta focused patch will release. We will be sure to let players know as soon as we have that information. Additionally, if you are going to post in another user's thread, please make your post related to the topic of the thread. Our forum rules state that consistent off topic posts may result in warnings or infractions being given.

MadCYclops
06-04-2017, 12:56 AM
The point is

I dont quit matches, but thats hardly the point the point is we are being punished for UBISOFTS failure to code thier game correctly you simply cannot say everytime someone wants to quit a match its a RAGE quit.

Unfortunately you and many others just refuse to admit, even though you know its true that its the game crashing that is the problem and not the fact someone quits. IF the game crashed EVERYTIME you did a Heavy attack would you wanna punish players for using heavy attacks too?

KyleTessada
06-04-2017, 01:56 AM
Lol but it's not crashing from a heavy attack , it crashes due to people purposely dropping out of a match. So YES they caused the crash and should rightfully be punished...
Look in COD if you drop from a match or are afk and get dropped from a match you get a warning and then a 10 min ban... do it more frequently and it turns harsher... so don't give me any of the crap. Most games have the same kind of penalty. And guess what? People dropping out in COD or most other games do not affect the game play.... so why bother? What have a penalty for them?
We can keep going back and forth.. you say it's not the person dropping out's fault. Tomato/Tomoto . At the end of the day, the person dropping out causes the crash. They know they are more than likely dropping the whole match. For that they should be punished.

GheyimeMadeMeAn
06-04-2017, 02:06 AM
No exact ETA just yet on when the Defense Meta focused patch will release. We will be sure to let players know as soon as we have that information. Additionally, if you are going to post in another user's thread, please make your post related to the topic of the thread. Our forum rules state that consistent off topic posts may result in warnings or infractions being given.

Okay, so when is meta patch?

kweassa1917
06-04-2017, 02:07 AM
For the last 20 years I've seen AFKers and leavers threatening that penalties will hurt the game and they'll dump the game if it was implemented.

Guess what -- it's a BLUFF -- Every time.

People that really had it with the game and decide to leave, just leave. No goodbyes, no final dissin', no controversial "this is why I'm quitting" posts. They just pack up their bags and go. The ones that are compelled to become drama queens with all these threats of quitting and doomsaying? They don't actually quit. Like, evah.

I've been direly hoping all these doomsayers and "I'm gonna quit" threat-makers will actually quit and go away... but do you see them going anywhere? I sure don't. All talk, no quitting, for weeks now. Just endless and endless hate-train of game bashing, dev bashing, whining and QQing and they still stay and play the game, and repeat the same thing... ROFL WTF?? :rolleyes:

They should go look up the term, "tsundere". :rolleyes:

MadCYclops
06-04-2017, 03:08 AM
Lol but it's not crashing from a heavy attack , it crashes due to people purposely dropping out of a match. So YES they caused the crash and should rightfully be punished...
Look in COD if you drop from a match or are afk and get dropped from a match you get a warning and then a 10 min ban... do it more frequently and it turns harsher... so don't give me any of the crap. Most games have the same kind of penalty. And guess what? People dropping out in COD or most other games do not affect the game play.... so why bother? What have a penalty for them?
We can keep going back and forth.. you say it's not the person dropping out's fault. Tomato/Tomoto . At the end of the day, the person dropping out causes the crash. They know they are more than likely dropping the whole match. For that they should be punished.

lol it's so pointless to try and make the point... some ppl just will never get it bc they choose to ignore what is slapping them in the face, i suppose... you can blame the quitter all u want, but its not thier fault the game crashes when they quit AND thats why ubi wants to punish them...not for the fact they quit, but because the game crashes.

I'm not quitting the game bc of this penalty and i'll prob never see the penalty bc i dont quit matches but that still doesnt make it right to just assume that everytime someone wants to quit a match its over rage. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to quit a match in a CASUAL environment.

You can defend this penalty all u want, but i will ALWAYS see it for what it is, its a bandaid being put over the real problem... THE GAME CRASHING