PDA

View Full Version : New IGE (Map Editor) functionality added...lets speculate...

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 02:53 AM
I will throw ubi a stone, over every release of the IGE they have added some things we have asked for, despite taking away some very critical things that made it worth while. So they must be listening in some sort of capacity...:p

The first thing that comes to mind is something some of us have asked for for MANY years, going back to FC2 AFAIK:

COOP MAP EDITING....or at least the ability to work on a map cooperatively at different times.

This would be huge and simplify things drastically, especially for map making groups like my group MMA (Map Maker Association...see youtube, theres hundreds of vids)

The ability to pass the map file back and forth and take turns working on it....or better yet, work on it at the same time, would be AMAZING.

What do you think they added? (aside from playmodes etc...I am talking new features and abilities)

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 02:54 AM
If I had a second, it would be asset scalability, on specific assets, like in Chrome5 and other engines.

legacyzero
06-01-2017, 04:44 AM
I want a building editor. People love to build actual structures in the IGE, but they're left to use assets that they have to piece together to complete the structure. It's tedious and time consuming. I'd like to see where you can create custom walls, floors, and ceilings, cut out windows, etc, and create any kind of building you want.

And I can't say this enough. Look at Forge for Halo 5. It's simply the king of IGE's currently.

Fallen-Champ
06-01-2017, 07:31 AM
COOP MAP EDITING....or at least the ability to work on a map cooperatively at different times.
The ability to pass the map file back and forth and take turns working on it....or better yet, work on it at the same time, would be AMAZING.

The PC has always allowed this feature with an unpublished map file, PS4 might work for those who purchase the new XPloder software when it releases, I will let you know once they release the full features.

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 01:51 PM
I want a building editor. People love to build actual structures in the IGE, but they're left to use assets that they have to piece together to complete the structure. It's tedious and time consuming. I'd like to see where you can create custom walls, floors, and ceilings, cut out windows, etc, and create any kind of building you want.

And I can't say this enough. Look at Forge for Halo 5. It's simply the king of IGE's currently.

That would be great, just like the PC game 'Planet Coaster'

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 01:54 PM
The PC has always allowed this feature with an unpublished map file, PS4 might work for those who purchase the new XPloder software when it releases, I will let you know once they release the full features.

Steve, the PC still has to be saved as a creator, though its easier to share.

But FC2 on PS3 was pretty easy as well, I just created that Map_Makers account for MMA and we saved the map files in there and published it there. We copied the file to USB, and emailed them back and forth (same with PC) So it wasnt really too bad.

Im sure you could do the same on FC3, and FC4, but MMA kinda took a hiatus after FC2...for obvious reasons. Still it would be nice to NOT have to do any of that, just pass it back and forth in the IGE, or better yet, work on it together.

akilyoung
06-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Steve (Anorexic Buddah) mentioned a tool to cross platform maps at www.battlemap.net , since software has already been developed to do that in FC4 by a guy named Steve64 (a different Steve)...Ill let Steve clarify and add aditional info regarding this if he has time...maybe link it Steve??

Steve64b
06-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Ill let Steve clarify and add aditional info regarding this if he has time...maybe link it Steve??The Map Swapper allows you to play Far Cry 4 console maps on your PC. It also loads other systems' maps on PS4. It works in coop mode too!

You can find it at http://maps.farcry.eu/swapper. All these Steves around here, and Steve64 is the one replying... tssk... ;)

akilyoung
06-02-2017, 06:55 PM
The Map Swapper allows you to play Far Cry 4 console maps on your PC. It also loads other systems' maps on PS4. It works in coop mode too!

You can find it at http://maps.farcry.eu/swapper. All these Steves around here, and Steve64 is the one replying... tssk... ;)

Haha.there is is, and thanks STEVE!

ImGonaG3tUsucka
06-04-2017, 01:33 AM
Haha.there is is, and thanks STEVE!

I have used Map Swapper for porting over a number of xbox one maps to the PC editor.. I have only published one map so far, but have been working on another map. I hope to publish it soon. You can add a lot more assets to the ported maps on PC. The map swapper has worked great so far for me. I know there were some problems with new maps being ported over. Steve has been having some access issues. Not sure if its been worked out. Here is a video of a PC map that was ported over from xbox one.

https://youtu.be/1XPpesCuDW0

Steve64b
06-04-2017, 11:02 PM
I know there were some problems with new maps being ported over. Steve has been having some access issues. Not sure if its been worked out.
Mathias said he passed it down to the devs, but it's been over 2 months now. Sadly my API request seems to be lost in limbo at Ubisoft, probably because they're working on Far Cry 5 now... :(

I made a small workaround for PS4 players who want to port their maps though. If they have MapSwapper active while they search and play their map on PS4, then can visit the page at http://maps.farcry.eu/date.php , and select the publish date of their PS4 map. Their map should appear there then.

Aside from that, http://maps.farcry.eu only shows some maps published before march 2017.

Canadian Beer42
06-04-2017, 11:15 PM
I better be able to customize the enemies and my own guns. I'm not talking about picking "pre-selected" loadouts for myself like they did in Far Cry 4. I want full scale, full customization. I want to be able to choose exactly which four guns/melees I want, what optics and attachements I want on my weapons. As well as the enemies loadouts I want to adjust those too. So if I want them to all have little weak pistols, then they can have little weak pistols, if I want them to have a loadout of weapons used in the world wars, they better have a loadout of weapons used in the world wars.

akilyoung
06-08-2017, 10:43 PM
I better be able to customize the enemies and my own guns. I'm not talking about picking "pre-selected" loadouts for myself like they did in Far Cry 4. I want full scale, full customization. I want to be able to choose exactly which four guns/melees I want, what optics and attachements I want on my weapons. As well as the enemies loadouts I want to adjust those too. So if I want them to all have little weak pistols, then they can have little weak pistols, if I want them to have a loadout of weapons used in the world wars, they better have a loadout of weapons used in the world wars.

That would be awesome!

There is a game coming out next month that lets you do this, called 'Fortnite' and it looks pretty freaking amazing...