PDA

View Full Version : The Absolute Ridiculousness of Season 2's DLC characters, plus extra rant.

Kittentemplar
06-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Everyone was excited about Season 2. I was, personally. But, now that I've looked at the pricing on the characters, Centurion and Shinobi, it's frankly ridiculous. The Shinobi is the only character with any good range, his kick trails you as you dodge, and he can pull you into chasms and such with his kama. The Centurion is frankly sad. He's extremely easy to defend and crush. And to get both, you can pay a low price of $40.00 to get them both and a few other goodies, or over $20.00 to get them both without the goodies. For that price, to have both, you could go and buy an entirely new game via online stores. Also, all of the "samurai" characters have an unfair advantage in duel mode. Let's look at Kensei, he has 3 unblockables, which are extremely simple. The warden, who is supposed to be on par, has two unblockables, one of which is a push and the other a counter. Orochi is fast enough that all of your throws as another faction is worthless unless they are without stamina or they're being thrown into a wall. I don't have any complaints about Shugoki. The rest of all of them are not even remotely as good in duels, unless you yourself are amazing. Now, in the Viking faction, there are several inaccuracies which I find demeaning to the people who actually descend from those who built ships and chainmail before knights. Now, the Centurion is grouped in with the knights, even though he was not even remotely related. Romans are completely different things from Knights. Also, Centurions are not gladiators. The majority of his moves are absolutely stupid if you keep that in mind. Another inaccuracy is Vikings with horns. Vikings never had horns. And Valkyrie is absolutely nothing like the religious angel that retrieved the dead. I find that demeaning to those who descend from Vikings as well. The amount of accuracy that the characters on For Honor have is relative to a quick Google search and a 4 minute look at wikipedia.

Krell80
06-01-2017, 12:40 AM
And to get both, you can pay a low price of $40.00 to get them both and a few other goodies, or over $20.00 to get them both without the goodies. For that price, to have both, you could go and buy an entirely new game via online stores.

Why not get them with steel then?

And before you say that 15k(30K for both) is too much,i disagree.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 12:55 AM
Appreciate the feedback. While we do try to keep as many factors as historically accurate and true to form as possible - in the end, FH is still a game set in an alternate universe that is inspired by but not necessarily grounded in historical fact. So we do sometimes take artistic liberties with certain things to make the game more enjoyable.