PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes

Prior_Heahmund
05-31-2017, 10:20 PM
So...just read the patch notes. The rage quit patch... not active. Fixing broken mechanics, not yet. HOWEVER, they did manage to reclassify Centurion, and slightly nurf wall rape.

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting rage quit not active.

Quit Penalty

Developer comments: We are now able to activate the Quit Penalty feature during matches. When activated, players leaving the session will receive a penalty. This will reduce the amount of Rage Quitting during matches and improve the overall quality of match experience. The feature is included in this TU but will only be activated at a later date.

Further details:

The player will receive a warning message about the penalty before quitting the match
If the player proceeds to Quit (via the in game menu or Alt+F4) they will receive a 10 minute matchmaking penalty
This penalty is also applicable to all group members if their leader leaves
There is a 30second grace window (duration is adjustable) at match start to account for incomplete groups/matchmaking issues
The quit penalty only applies to games played through match making

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 10:36 PM
So...just read the patch notes. The rage quit patch... not active. Fixing broken mechanics, not yet. HOWEVER, they did manage to reclassify Centurion, and slightly nurf wall rape.

Have a link?

bmason1000
05-31-2017, 10:36 PM
Quit Penalty
Developer comments: We are now able to activate the Quit Penalty feature during matches. When activated, players leaving the session will receive a penalty. This will reduce the amount of Rage Quitting during matches and improve the overall quality of match experience. The feature is included in this TU but will only be activated at a later date.

So they coded it in, but its not "on" yet.

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure where you're getting rage quit not active.

Quit Penalty

Further details:

The player will receive a warning message about the penalty before quitting the match
If the player proceeds to Quit (via the in game menu or Alt+F4) they will receive a 10 minute matchmaking penalty
This penalty is also applicable to all group members if their leader leaves
There is a 30second grace window (duration is adjustable) at match start to account for incomplete groups/matchmaking issues
The quit penalty only applies to games played through match making

So does that mean at the character selection screen you can leave or after all the characters have been picked?

bmason1000
05-31-2017, 10:41 PM
So does that mean at the character selection screen you can leave or after all the characters have been picked?
Up to 30 seconds after the match actually starts

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 10:42 PM
Quit Penalty

So they coded it in, but its not "on" yet.

Ah missed the last line. Mea culpa.

Link http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679975-Patch-notes-(v1-08)?p=12683394#post12683394

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 10:42 PM
Up to 30 seconds after the match actually starts

Ah okay appreciate the heads up

Prior_Heahmund
05-31-2017, 10:43 PM
The point is, it will be on the patch, but turned off.

UbiNoty
05-31-2017, 11:13 PM
Link to full patch notes here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679975-Patch-notes-(v1-08)).

Like a few of you have pointed out - we're shipping out rage-quitting with 1.08 but will activate it at a later date.
And as far as I'm aware, the 30s grace period applies to after the start of the match (not character select) - but I will ask for further clarification to make sure.

AmericanBalls
06-01-2017, 12:40 AM
Lol, 10 minutes? With all the problems going on and the track record of things being implemented smoothly......you guys are opening a whole new can of worms and this will cause more problems than it solves. 2 minutes, hell 5, that even makes more sense. But 10? Hold on to your butts, guys. May have to take a break from this for a while, I do not get the direction we are heading in. Too bad as I love the game.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 12:51 AM
We wanted to find a good balance between - something that would still be able to act as a deterrent to make those who want to quit early to think twice, while not being a crippling at the same time.

If you feel that 10 minutes is too long, we'd love to hear your feedback on why 5 minutes is more beneficial than 10, while still accomplishing the goal of acting as a preventative for rage-quitting.

Tobias96716
06-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Im all for the rage quit punishment...but why punish a entire group if the leader rage quits? Also...will we still get a punishment if the game kicks us out with a error?

BeefMan_
06-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Guess I'll just have to alt-tab out and watch a movie or something when I'm in an obviously stupid match.
Nice job, Ubisoft.

Alchemist..
06-01-2017, 01:29 AM
It will helps at some point but why 30 after match start? Peoples will still rq from lobby because "you are higher rep" etc. And now even more because its like last chance, now or 10 penalty...

BeefMan_
06-01-2017, 01:31 AM
We wanted to find a good balance between - something that would still be able to act as a deterrent to make those who want to quit early to think twice, while not being a crippling at the same time.

If you feel that 10 minutes is too long, we'd love to hear your feedback on why 5 minutes is more beneficial than 10, while still accomplishing the goal of acting as a preventative for rage-quitting.

Here's some feedback:
Adding a quit penalty in a game that currently has no ranked mode, skill based MM, stable matchmaking, or gameplay balance is a stupid ****ing idea.

AmericanBalls
06-01-2017, 01:51 AM

Simply for the fact that there have been glitches with most mechanics of the game, mostly unintended. I would hate to not be able to re que, if for some reason something went haywire, for 10 minutes. That would make me just shut the game off. Some people may only play for an hour and if there is one penalty - that is effectively 17% of your game time waiting. I mean, is it seriously going to work 100 percent of the time with the stability issues?

That is a hard sell. I don't think the penalty necessarily needs to be all that stiff. If two of my teammates ragequit and I have to play against 4 with 2 bots on my team now, its basically punishing me for wanted to leave a really lopsided game. Does the other team really care if they are playing against 3 bots as compared to 4?

2-3 minutes is sufficient enough deterrent for these reasons. It just seems the costs of your proposed changes will outweigh the benefit at this time. Of course, this is just my 2 cents.

kweassa1917
06-01-2017, 02:29 AM
Interesting to see ragequitters in game also threatening to ragequit the game itself when they are penalized for their own, dastardly actions.

This is too rich :D ROFL

Can't wait for its implementation. Nice work UbiMont.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Simply for the fact that there have been glitches with most mechanics of the game, mostly unintended. I would hate to not be able to re que, if for some reason something went haywire, for 10 minutes. That would make me just shut the game off. Some people may only play for an hour and if there is one penalty - that is effectively 17% of your game time waiting. I mean, is it seriously going to work 100 percent of the time with the stability issues?

That is a hard sell. I don't think the penalty necessarily needs to be all that stiff. If two of my teammates ragequit and I have to play against 4 with 2 bots on my team now, its basically punishing me for wanted to leave a really lopsided game. Does the other team really care if they are playing against 3 bots as compared to 4?

2-3 minutes is sufficient enough deterrent for these reasons. It just seems the costs of your proposed changes will outweigh the benefit at this time. Of course, this is just my 2 cents.

Thanks for offering your side on this - will bring it up with the team to discuss :D

AmericanBalls
06-01-2017, 02:40 AM
Thanks for offering your side on this - will bring it up with the team to discuss :D

Good deal! I mean these to be constructive, I really do feel like you guys work hard to keep us in the loop and address issues. Keep up the good work.

Mia.Nora
06-01-2017, 04:19 AM
Umm, is there any assurance Errors wont give us penalty.

I mean I get that your intention is not to penalize errors, but your game is barely working and I really doubt that your developers have the skill to differenciate between Alt+F4 vs Errors. Any test being done on that that returned with %100 safe on errors?

Because if I get an Error and lose my progress in the match, and a 10 min penalty on top of that; I will just uninstall, since I get an error majority of the times at the very start of the match.

Kitsune..
06-01-2017, 04:26 AM
I hope that there's no penalty for leaving the lobby after the match is over :confused:

KyleTessada
06-01-2017, 05:21 AM
Please don't give into the few people crying about a 10 min slap on the wrist. I'm pretty sure that other games that do this start, I say again start, with 10 min.. 10 min is fair enough. If they do it more than 2 or 3 times in a 24hr period it should become 30 minutes each time.
Now I do have to wonder, why will the whole team be punished? That makes absolutely no sense. I was in a match yesterday and the match leader quit when he was killed.... needless to say the whole match got dumped immediately. Usually it takes a few people to drop out before the whole match drops. I feel imposing the 10 min fine to everyone is not the right thing to do.