PDA

View Full Version : Shibobi: My opinion

bramboforce
05-31-2017, 09:08 PM
Lately shinobi has been used a lot. Usually becuase of his deadly combos and insane range and light attacks spam. But why do always people hate him so much ?
His ranged charged attack and guard break are easy to avoid or parry. There is nothing hard about it. You just deflect the guard break or attack normal way. Or if you don't have the confidence to do so just dodge any side.
Now for kick. I don't say it's easy to dodge but it's possible. Hard but possible.
Now for light attack spam. Just avoid it somehow i don't have any advise in this case.

Now what i think would make him better: Give him side dodge light attack for christ's sake ! Every other assassin in game has it. Or in case of PK heavy side dodge. I know that you are supossed to use kick for dodge counter attacks but normal light would be way easier.
Also do something about that time that he lies on ground after being parried or deflected from distance. You sometimes aren't able to do heavy which is good punish for it.

If you have any other idea feel free to comment it !
Good luck out there on battlefield !

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 09:13 PM
Lately shinobi has been used a lot. Usually becuase of his deadly combos and insane range and light attacks spam. But why do always people hate him so much ?
His ranged charged attack and guard break are easy to avoid or parry. There is nothing hard about it. You just deflect the guard break or attack normal way. Or if you don't have the confidence to do so just dodge any side.
Now for kick. I don't say it's easy to dodge but it's possible. Hard but possible.
Now for light attack spam. Just avoid it somehow i don't have any advise in this case.

Now what i think would make him better: Give him side dodge light attack for christ's sake ! Every other assassin in game has it. Or in case of PK heavy side dodge. I know that you are supossed to use kick for dodge counter attacks but normal light would be way easier.
Also do something about that time that he lies on ground after being parried or deflected from distance. You sometimes aren't able to do heavy which is good punish for it.

If you have any other idea feel free to comment it !
Good luck out there on battlefield !

At a certain point dodge attacks become used infrequently. They are very unsafe and open you up to a parry top heavy follow up. Kick is far better than a dodge light since it gives you options. The threat of the kick means someone may dodge early giving you a gb, if you whiff the kick you can backflip to Safety and most can't punish, or you can parry the attack if they try to hit you out of the dash animation. You are right about his ranged attacks which is why they are used sparingly since if you screw up you will take a free heavy to the face. He's a contender for the best character in the game at the moment and he may dethrone warlord but that's yet to be proven.

bramboforce
05-31-2017, 09:18 PM
I just mean light attacks would be good for interupting. While dodgin shugoki's heavy i got smashed by his heavy combo since i didnt break his heavy armor. So i though about dodge attack that you could chain with another uninteruptible light. Btw i also like him a lot. He is what orochi was supossed to be: quick, fragile, hard hitting and counter attacking ninja badass.

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 09:21 PM
I just mean light attacks would be good for interupting. While dodgin shugoki's heavy i got smashed by his heavy combo since i didnt break his heavy armor. So i though about dodge attack that you could chain with another uninteruptible light. Btw i also like him a lot. He is what orochi was supossed to be: quick, fragile, hard hitting and counter attacking ninja badass.

Meh, I think he already has too many tools in his kit to give him another. He already had a move set that doubles a lot of the S1 guys, I don't really think he needs more.

bramboforce
05-31-2017, 09:23 PM
If you think so...