PDA

View Full Version : Why Kensei Needs To Be Buffed

Wizdomthagreat
05-31-2017, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone ive been a Rep 30 Kensei for the longest and i think we can all agree that kensei needs a buff, some kind of openers for fights, some kind of move that can drain stamina, maybe another unblockable from another direction somthing because there are too many ways he can be punished and with every other hero getting a buffs and the new heros coming out kensei needs somthing for him to keep up, almost everything is predictable from a good player, So please Ubisoft give kensei a rework so that he can keep up with the compition

dragon7jdc
05-31-2017, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone i think we can all agree that kensei needs a buff, some kind of openers for fights, some kind of move that can drain stamina, maybe another unblockable from another direction somthing because there are too many way he can be punished and with every other hero getting a buffs and the new heros coming out kensei needs somthing for him to keep up, almost everything is predictable from a good player, So please Ubisoft give kensei a rework so that he can keep up with the compition

for sure kensie and few other heros needs a buff to ensure fair fights among all heros

Blasto95
05-31-2017, 07:59 PM
He needs a buff, like many heroes. However just like everyone else, they don't need to much changing.

Currently for 90% of the player base, every single hero is viable to bring to battle. Until a certain point, For Honor is ALLLL about skill and knowledge. You have to know your hero and your opponents hero strengths and weaknesses. The gap between a bad hero and a good hero for the vast majority of the player base is so small that it pretty much does not matter.

Once you start getting into the competitive scene and id say just before that, you start to see the metas and certain heroes lacking in areas where they were perfectly fine before. Changes need to be made, but with competitive balance in mind. There is virtually no unbalanced hero in the game for the majority of the player base.

Wizdomthagreat
05-31-2017, 08:26 PM
He needs a buff, like many heroes. However just like everyone else, they don't need to much changing.

Currently for 90% of the player base, every single hero is viable to bring to battle. Until a certain point, For Honor is ALLLL about skill and knowledge. You have to know your hero and your opponents hero strengths and weaknesses. The gap between a bad hero and a good hero for the vast majority of the player base is so small that it pretty much does not matter.

Once you start getting into the competitive scene and id say just before that, you start to see the metas and certain heroes lacking in areas where they were perfectly fine before. Changes need to be made, but with competitive balance in mind. There is virtually no unbalanced hero in the game for the majority of the player base.

For sure bro i agree 95% but with that gap you speek of is bigger than you think and im not say he needs a game changer just a better opener for initial contact with opponent

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 08:35 PM
I think Kensei ist in a pretty good balance. He has a nice and working Toolkit.

The current Problem is, AT FIRST we need a Balance for the Defensive Meta, after that WE can See if Heroes Like Kensei need something more.

Herbstlicht
05-31-2017, 08:36 PM

Uhm, no. Honestly, defeating a Kensei is nothing more then playing your safe moves and keep it relaxed. Especially those good with parrying are going to parry everything. And those players will hardly ever make the mistake trying to parry a feint. They wait for the blink and parry then. For those that aren't that good, it is enough to block almost everything but the easy to parry moves. Easy btw. are even his side lights and any light follow-up after his first top light. Just try it, it really is easy. This will give enough openings to destroy Kensei rather easily.

So no, with what remains of the playerbase, I'd say 2 of three players can counter Kensei extremely well in 1on1. Too well.

Anyway, it will be even more interesting with ranked play. Honestly, there we will have some statistics that will speak true about the balancing state of the game like hardly anything else can. Just keeps to be seen if enough players remain for Season 3. Not that one is happy to reach rank 98, just to realize right now only 98 players are still actively playing (overdoing it, I know ^^)
For this stuff not to happen, it indeed is rather important to bring the low-tier heros up to line with the upper tier ones. And it's not just Kensei, it's a whole lot more.

PunkedOutSamura
05-31-2017, 08:56 PM
The Kensei IS missing a opener or another unblockable ! Or both !! Raider an Warden both have a way to break a players guard.Also an unblockable attack. Even adding a Round house kick to stun and deplet stamina (Left analog Down + X, Square ) would be balancing enough

Wizdomthagreat
05-31-2017, 09:01 PM
The Kensei IS missing a opener or another unblockable ! Or both !! Raider an Warden both have a way to break a players guard.Also an unblockable attack. Even adding a Round house kick to stun and deplet stamina (Left analog Down + X, Square ) would be balancing enough

I agree 100% Bro

Wizdomthagreat
05-31-2017, 09:05 PM
uhm, no. Honestly, defeating a kensei is nothing more then playing your safe moves and keep it relaxed. Especially those good with parrying are going to parry everything. And those players will hardly ever make the mistake trying to parry a feint. They wait for the blink and parry then. For those that aren't that good, it is enough to block almost everything but the easy to parry moves. Easy btw. Are even his side lights and any light follow-up after his first top light. Just try it, it really is easy. This will give enough openings to destroy kensei rather easily.

So no, with what remains of the playerbase, i'd say 2 of three players can counter kensei extremely well in 1on1. Too well.

Anyway, it will be even more interesting with ranked play. Honestly, there we will have some statistics that will speak true about the balancing state of the game like hardly anything else can. Just keeps to be seen if enough players remain for season 3. Not that one is happy to reach rank 98, just to realize right now only 98 players are still actively playing (overdoing it, i know ^^)
for this stuff not to happen, it indeed is rather important to bring the low-tier heros up to line with the upper tier ones. And it's not just kensei, it's a whole lot more.

well said brudda

Mystical67654
05-31-2017, 09:08 PM
My personal opinion Kensei has the most useless zone attack, we as Kensei mains know how useless it is. You never see Kensei use his zone attack in combat AT ALL, we should be given a fast zone attack like every1 else like Warden, Orochi, peacekeeper. Or ill be fine with a Zone attack strong as Raider or shugoki. That is just one of many things wrong with Kensei.
Another issue is his attack speed its so easy to parry his lights, he should be given a speed boost. It is so hard for us Kensei mains to play real good players because they will parry Kensei light attacks alot!
Theres more stuff Kensei needs a rework on but those two issues are my main concern.

Wizdomthagreat
05-31-2017, 09:19 PM
uhm, no. Honestly, defeating a kensei is nothing more then playing your safe moves and keep it relaxed. Especially those good with parrying are going to parry everything. And those players will hardly ever make the mistake trying to parry a feint. They wait for the blink and parry then. For those that aren't that good, it is enough to block almost everything but the easy to parry moves. Easy btw. Are even his side lights and any light follow-up after his first top light. Just try it, it really is easy. This will give enough openings to destroy kensei rather easily.

So no, with what remains of the playerbase, i'd say 2 of three players can counter kensei extremely well in 1on1. Too well.

Anyway, it will be even more interesting with ranked play. Honestly, there we will have some statistics that will speak true about the balancing state of the game like hardly anything else can. Just keeps to be seen if enough players remain for season 3. Not that one is happy to reach rank 98, just to realize right now only 98 players are still actively playing (overdoing it, i know ^^)
for this stuff not to happen, it indeed is rather important to bring the low-tier heros up to line with the upper tier ones. And it's not just kensei, it's a whole lot more.

my personal opinion kensei has the most useless zone attack, we as kensei mains know how useless it is. You never see kensei use his zone attack in combat at all, we should be given a fast zone attack like every1 else like warden, orochi, peacekeeper. Or ill be fine with a zone attack strong as raider or shugoki. That is just one of many things wrong with kensei.
Another issue is his attack speed its so easy to parry his lights, he should be given a speed boost. It is so hard for us kensei mains to play real good players because they will parry kensei light attacks alot!
Theres more stuff kensei needs a rework on but those two issues are my main concern.

respect

Chucky_Jones
05-31-2017, 10:21 PM
I am i rep 14 kensei and I love that kensei has to use actual swordplay to win. I would be extremely sad if kensei got a safe spammable opener because then wins would feel less earned. I do agree that he needs a buff tho. My suggustion is that first of all swift strike becomes safe on block, or faster so it can actually be used to punish. Most importantly I think kensei needs raiders dodge gb. The reason that this would help imensely is because then he could punish people for only spamming safe ub openers rather then attacking. A warden for example would not be able to rely purely on the vortex to beat a kensei. The warden would be forced to actually fight and take risks if he wanted to deal damage, and then the better player would win. I like this option because it doesnt give kensei a skill less cheese opener, it just forces the opponent to have a battle of skill with kensei or get punished for ub spam. I would also like kensei to get the shugoki feature that allows light attacks to initiate chains even when blocks. That would just add to kenseis mixups.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 12:14 AM
We announced a while back that Kensei and Nobushi are lined up for buffs + balancing changes soon. We haven't released any recent news on it, but they are in the works.

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 03:14 AM
rep 5 kensei here.

I think he is fine, the problem is the meta in the game.

A meta that banish every combo attempt, a meta that banish aggressive playstyle. Thats why kensei is bad, because counts a lot on his comboes, but the turtle meta, is so strong that can counter every attempt.

ReaperAceX88
06-01-2017, 08:00 AM
1 Zone attack: First off the zone feels backwards make it attack forward first then behind
or change it to a rushing attack or step back attack like the orochi has.
Or a chargeable move that at max charge 360's and is unblockable.
2 Running attack: Its slow and dosent do anything to help the kensei start in a good spot
Maybe a running stab that when it hits leads to a stomach kick or punch that pushes the Kensei good range away
3 tricks and mix up: I think the Kensei needs a better trick like a stance change or a kick or special ability that can
Make the move set seem less predictable since we dont want to make him too fast I say a high and low stance for speed and strenght
but I could see where the other classes would get a little jealous if we got 2 move sets. I dunno but the kensei is in my opinion the
leader of the Samurai and I feel like he shouldnt be the most simple in move set.

I just wanna add Right or Wrong I want a wide flat rice or bamboo hat for all the samurai classes with demonic masks PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE If you give me my low hanging rice hat with a dragon or Yokai mask for Kensei I'll die a happy man. Love For Honor DEADLY RONIN

Kitsune..
06-01-2017, 08:12 AM
I would like to bring up some more good ideas for Kensei buff. (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6ei4vk/so_far_the_best_ideas_ive_readimagined_for_kensei/)

JCatalyst116
06-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Uhm, no. Honestly, defeating a Kensei is nothing more then playing your safe moves and keep it relaxed. Especially those good with parrying are going to parry everything. And those players will hardly ever make the mistake trying to parry a feint. They wait for the blink and parry then. For those that aren't that good, it is enough to block almost everything but the easy to parry moves. Easy btw. are even his side lights and any light follow-up after his first top light. Just try it, it really is easy. This will give enough openings to destroy Kensei rather easily.

So no, with what remains of the playerbase, I'd say 2 of three players can counter Kensei extremely well in 1on1. Too well.

Anyway, it will be even more interesting with ranked play. Honestly, there we will have some statistics that will speak true about the balancing state of the game like hardly anything else can. Just keeps to be seen if enough players remain for Season 3. Not that one is happy to reach rank 98, just to realize right now only 98 players are still actively playing (overdoing it, I know ^^)
For this stuff not to happen, it indeed is rather important to bring the low-tier heros up to line with the upper tier ones. And it's not just Kensei, it's a whole lot more.

I entirely agree that Kensei needs a buff, as a prestige 18 Kensei (came from a prestige 16 Lawby, dropped him when they overbuffed him and have him a 50/50 off a block. Played him since the start of season 1, started kensei about season 2) I feel that I've never worked harder or felt more satisfied when I defeated my opponent. However, in the current state of the turtle meta, he really suffers against those who just hold block and do not parry. If your battling the best kensei in the world, you can beat him if you simply stay right in front of him and don't parry. He can't get to his unlockable, and the if by some miracle he does get it to start, you can simply stand perfectly still and watch. If he cancels into gb, counter. If he swings one way or the other, just block. He dashes? Block and free gb. If he dashed towards? Just block. Literally all of Kenseis move require your opponent to be reactive. There is absolutely nothing a Kensei can do if you only block and are halfway decent at thing. I don't want some crazy spamming unblockable, rather something to force the turtle out.

My suggestions? He's the feint king. Maybe if he launches a heavy that's blocked he can elbow his target and blind them, then if he throws another heavy and it's blocked as well, he gets a knockdown. This is ideal as it puts a threat to his heavies, which are slow and easily parried if your quick. He can feint and go for a light, or if the turtle refuses to open he can punish them for blocking primarily. The idea is to force players to react, much like the current shinobi, centurion do, but in a much more refrained swordsman like fashion. I'd love it to be off a feinted heavy he can elbow with no hyper armor but it comes out as a fast unblockable that can be dodge and a recovery time like shinobi kick, where you can punish with a light, but no gb due to it having to be a feinted heavy and having a high cost for medium payoff. No one likes eyeballing the other player and watching until the timer runs out. I don't want him some ridiculous hyper armored kick that's gonna hand matches to me ( not a barb at you shinobi, you have such low health I'll deal with your kick) or a guaranteed spammable knockdown. I just want a way to open up options. Remove that stupid free gb on blocked swift strike, speed up our recovery time on feints so we can dash and gb at a somewhat threatening speed. And give us a way to fight the turtle meta rather then wait until season 5 when you finally figure it out.

Wizdomthagreat
06-01-2017, 08:55 AM
i entirely agree that kensei needs a buff, as a prestige 18 kensei (came from a prestige 16 lawby, dropped him when they overbuffed him and have him a 50/50 off a block. Played him since the start of season 1, started kensei about season 2) i feel that i've never worked harder or felt more satisfied when i defeated my opponent. However, in the current state of the turtle meta, he really suffers against those who just hold block and do not parry. If your battling the best kensei in the world, you can beat him if you simply stay right in front of him and don't parry. He can't get to his unlockable, and the if by some miracle he does get it to start, you can simply stand perfectly still and watch. If he cancels into gb, counter. If he swings one way or the other, just block. He dashes? Block and free gb. If he dashed towards? Just block. Literally all of kenseis move require your opponent to be reactive. There is absolutely nothing a kensei can do if you only block and are halfway decent at thing. I don't want some crazy spamming unblockable, rather something to force the turtle out.

My suggestions? He's the feint king. Maybe if he launches a heavy that's blocked he can elbow his target and blind them, then if he throws another heavy and it's blocked as well, he gets a knockdown. This is ideal as it puts a threat to his heavies, which are slow and easily parried if your quick. He can feint and go for a light, or if the turtle refuses to open he can punish them for blocking primarily. The idea is to force players to react, much like the current shinobi, centurion do, but in a much more refrained swordsman like fashion. I'd love it to be off a feinted heavy he can elbow with no hyper armor but it comes out as a fast unblockable that can be dodge and a recovery time like shinobi kick, where you can punish with a light, but no gb due to it having to be a feinted heavy and having a high cost for medium payoff. No one likes eyeballing the other player and watching until the timer runs out. I don't want him some ridiculous hyper armored kick that's gonna hand matches to me ( not a barb at you shinobi, you have such low health i'll deal with your kick) or a guaranteed spammable knockdown. I just want a way to open up options. Remove that stupid free gb on blocked swift strike, speed up our recovery time on feints so we can dash and gb at a somewhat threatening speed. And give us a way to fight the turtle meta rather then wait until season 5 when you finally figure it out.

nicely said

matt89connor
06-01-2017, 09:04 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1680244-Finally-reach-rep-3-with-all-heroes-and-now-my-feedback
i reach rep 3 with all original and i have to agree with you, kensei need and help because duel with him vs a turtle or strong opponent is very hard,he has no opening guard and not fast attack, just feint XD

Netcode_err_404
06-01-2017, 01:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1680244-Finally-reach-rep-3-with-all-heroes-and-now-my-feedback
i reach rep 3 with all original and i have to agree with you, kensei need and help because duel with him vs a turtle or strong opponent is very hard,he has no opening guard and not fast attack, just feint XD

Is not a kensei lacking.

Turtling is a game's problem.

rsm4093
06-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone ive been a Rep 30 Kensei for the longest and i think we can all agree that kensei needs a buff, some kind of openers for fights, some kind of move that can drain stamina, maybe another unblockable from another direction somthing because there are too many ways he can be punished and with every other hero getting a buffs and the new heros coming out kensei needs somthing for him to keep up, almost everything is predictable from a good player, So please Ubisoft give kensei a rework so that he can keep up with the compition

Kensei is bottom tier, not asking for top tier but middle of the pack would be sweet.:confused:

Wizdomthagreat
06-01-2017, 05:38 PM
(POSTING COMMENT FOR MY BOY BWEZZY19 WHO FORGOT HIS PASSWORD) Kensei: Mastermind of Sword Art, Increase in attack spped,ability to cancel out of every attack light or heavy, Increase in moveset, Im the #4 Kensei Global Top 200 Players global on the PVP Kill list (For honor Tracker) I've been apart of the Alpha and Beta test.This is the most beautifully designed PVP games in years that has the potential to be a 20yr Franchise if minor fixes to O.P. Hero's, Online connection issues, an increase in Group action(5v5/6v6) no minions, no bots no boost just the skill of the Players

Lean420MDma19
06-01-2017, 05:40 PM
PeaceKeeper: Balanced and takes skill to master, Needs a minor buff to increase defense, decrease the amount of revenge gained, fix zone ATK spam
Warlord: Severely Increase stamina consumption when doing all throws,Headbutts, shield charges, grabs and all block stance(this will counter the spamming forcing players to actually use entire moveset list), decrease speed or hit range of zone attack.
Warden: Built to beat every Hero. Slight attack speed increase, Severley increase stamina consumption on Shoulder Bash(for spammers).
*Raider: Beast Hero, got the buff he needed to dominate good job UbiSoft
Orochi: Balanced, Decrease range of guardbreak,slighy increase top heavy speed
Conqueror: Balanced but built to dominate,character just lacks in player popularity, increase stamina consumption on all shield based actions, revenge mode shield bash spam needs to be fixed
Shugoki: Crowd Killer . Continue to fix Demons Embrace its still to easy to grab unintended/non targeted players, increase ATK power, decrease hero's balance(they should fall on parrys/bash/sweep when Exhausted)
Beserker: Tasmanian Devil, increase stamina cost consumption on all jump attacks and combo chains, decrease bleed attack damage, add an additional unlockable attack
Lawbringer: Old LeBron, built to destroy players, increase stamina consumption on all shoves and grabs or some sort of penalty for missing, slight ATK power increase, decrease overall speed of character ATK and Sprint
Nobusi: Quiet but Deadly, slight heavy speed increase, decrease in overall HP
Centurion: New LeBron, Damn Nightmare,severe increase in stamina* consumption on all Unblockables, decrease speed or range of Legion Kick, Slight ATK speed increase, decrease stun affects time severely
Valkyrie: ***** is Bad and Bouje, increase stamina consumption on all shield based moves, slight ATK power increase, severe penalty with a misses action with shield

Shinobi: Balanced for his skill set, Increase in stamina consumption on all unblockable attacks, decrease on bleed affect damage
Kensei: Mastermind of Sword Art, Increase in attack spped,ability to cancel out of every attack light or heavy, Increase in moveset

I'm the #4 Kensei Global Top 200 Players global on the PVP Kill list (For honor Tracker) I've been apart of the Alpha and Beta test.This is the most beautifully designed PVP games in years that has the potential to be a 20yr Franchise if minor fixes to O.P. Hero's, Online connection issues, an increase in Group action(5v5/6v6) no minions, no bots no boost just the skill of the fighters will go along way with the community and fan base in general.

TSCDescon
06-01-2017, 05:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzbF3AmVVRo

There's your Kensei buff, lol

primeubi11
06-02-2017, 11:38 PM
100% facts and agree Ubisoft is giving buffs and make every other character better but showing no love to the Kensei.
Every character got some major buffs.kensei should have a move that can drain stamina or be able to move quicker because some of the kensei attacks are slow and predictable or even have some moves that guarantee a Heavy or light attack hit. every other character got some gimmicky spam combos they use. The Kensei is only a good character to use if you are a really good player and know all the kensei moves and have multiple strategies. Every other character though you can just learn a spam combo and you can play good. All in all Ubisoft stop hateing on the kensei and give him some all around buffs like you have done every other character Kensei might have been one of the strongest when the game first came out but now unless you know how to play good with the kensei you will die out there in battle and feel like using a character who moves more quicker or that has moves that guarantee hits of heavy and light attacks .

UbiNoty
06-02-2017, 11:46 PM
We don't hate Kensei. We love him and he is getting buffs soon. When you're a parent with 14 children, you can't give them all the same amount of attention at the same time unfortunately, you have to do it in turns. We had to take care of some other things first, but we are going to be giving Kensei our love next.

The_B0G_
06-03-2017, 12:15 AM
We don't hate Kensei. We love him and he is getting buffs soon. When you're a parent with 14 children, you can't give them all the same amount of attention at the same time unfortunately, you have to do it in turns. We had to take care of some other things first, but we are going to be giving Kensei our love next.

Lol! Perfect response.

Thorsein
06-03-2017, 02:54 AM
i think kensei is soo op...