PDA

View Full Version : You vs Projectiles

Helnekromancer
05-31-2017, 06:29 PM
Been playing the game for awhile now (mostly 4v4) but found projectiles to be very annoying, fighting 1 or 2 opponents and suddenly getting an axe or cent stun rod to the back wasn't a fun time. So i thought what could make this fair for both sides.

What if you could deflect projectiles coming at you and hit another target? I know abilities like Bombs and other form of artillery are out of the question (Level 4 abilities) but the throwing spears, axes, arrows, shurikens, kunais crossbws etc should be able to be deflected if the person is quick enough. But if the player doesn't deflects it and dies then the cooldown on the projectile is cut in half or maybe 1/3. I'm not sure. With cooldown reduction not being in the game active abilties aren't that strong anymore and passives now have the advantage maybe this would even them out?

Overall-

-Have 3rd tier projectiles be deflected and hit someone else
-If the projectile kills a target then the cooldown is cut by half

If this is implemented maybe people will use Projectiles as finishers to get the cooldown reduction since that isn't in the game anymore.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 01:07 AM
It's an interesting idea that I can pass over to the team to think about for the future. :D

RLTygurr
06-01-2017, 01:59 AM
Honestly I feel a bit on the opposite side of this argument.

Passives are very powerful, take warlord for example. By renown level 4 he can basically take 1.5x as many hits, deal 1.5x as much damage, have an increased health pool, and get a self revive.

Actives are also extremely strong already for certain characters, but now the cooldown reduction isn't available certain strategies aren't viable anymore. Playing trap zerker was always a good time :)
But the issues come in when you have characters with longbows, spear throws, axe throws, crossbows, and knives (some of which STUN you, which is a little ridiculous that you can't block it and there's very little warning that it's coming, not even an indicator). When a valkyrie throws a spear at you, there's maybe .6 seconds before you take most of your health in damage. This is AFTER the patch that made active feats not scale with your attack stat. By now, most people have learned that catapult is pretty garbage since it gives plenty of time to dodge and avoid the majority of the damage. Currently, spear throws and longbows reign supreme for different reasons.

Let's not forget that the spear throw does the same damage as the longbow but easily twice as fast. Not sure if that's a concept that has been addressed.

If you wanted to make your suggestion a reality, I would recommend generally lowering the overall damage of the feats so that they aren't 1 hit kills that don't even have indicators or warnings. In exchange, maybe cut the cooldown in half rather than just 1/3. It would make some of them a bit more predictable and reactible.

kweassa1917
06-01-2017, 02:26 AM
My only gripe is that when in the receiving end the longbow shooting animation doesn't match the actual projectile firing off. It looks like the arrow fires off while the attacker is still drawing the bow.

Very often, I think I have enough time, judging by the opponent's actions, so I close in, he's still drawing the bow... OK, I'll hit and cancel it.... and bam... the arrow's out when the other guy's still holding the arrow string. :D

Helnekromancer
06-01-2017, 02:56 AM
Honestly I feel a bit on the opposite side of this argument.

Passives are very powerful, take warlord for example. By renown level 4 he can basically take 1.5x as many hits, deal 1.5x as much damage, have an increased health pool, and get a self revive.

Actives are also extremely strong already for certain characters, but now the cooldown reduction isn't available certain strategies aren't viable anymore. Playing trap zerker was always a good time :)
But the issues come in when you have characters with longbows, spear throws, axe throws, crossbows, and knives (some of which STUN you, which is a little ridiculous that you can't block it and there's very little warning that it's coming, not even an indicator). When a valkyrie throws a spear at you, there's maybe .6 seconds before you take most of your health in damage. This is AFTER the patch that made active feats not scale with your attack stat. By now, most people have learned that catapult is pretty garbage since it gives plenty of time to dodge and avoid the majority of the damage. Currently, spear throws and longbows reign supreme for different reasons.

Let's not forget that the spear throw does the same damage as the longbow but easily twice as fast. Not sure if that's a concept that has been addressed.

If you wanted to make your suggestion a reality, I would recommend generally lowering the overall damage of the feats so that they aren't 1 hit kills that don't even have indicators or warnings. In exchange, maybe cut the cooldown in half rather than just 1/3. It would make some of them a bit more predictable and reactible.

Oh i understand the amount of damage these abilities do, and i think i talked about it awhile back. You would think someone would bring it up because of shinobi. ANY type of bomb or Projectile insta kills you, a Nail bomb and a Valkyrie spear can 100-0 np it's ridiculous. But yea i didn't bring up lowering the damage because i thought making it deflect-able was asking too much already.