PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Awesome Dominion Intro

AndersenThree
05-31-2017, 03:46 PM
So I was browsing youtube today and I came across this video. If you don't care for the commentary or whatever, just skip to the two minute mark and watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVcXbzoTS4o

As a fan of the game, and watching that, my mouth was just wide open the entire time at how awesome it looked, the intro, the having to find minions right out of the gate, even some of the clunkier and somewhat more realistic mechanics of the fight scene between the raider and conqueror were all still really cool. I don't know about you, but this is an awesome intro and I would love 30 seconds before the match to get pumped up, emote spam, talk with teammates, whatever, watch a bit more battle happening around me to really immerse me into the atmosphere. What do you guys think?

Prior_Heahmund
05-31-2017, 04:02 PM
Absolutely!

AndersenThree
05-31-2017, 04:11 PM
I loved the catapults coming and killing the minions too. That was a lot of fun as well. I would love to have more active environment stuff, like catapults reigning down on the battlefield at random increments, hail of arrows, that sort of stuff is really cool. Except.....for guardbreaking captains, they aren't cool lol. I just think there could be a bit more to make it a bit more chaotic, especially in skirmish.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 04:11 PM
The entire animation was mo-capped as Jason says later, as they didn't have the actual game mechanics fully in place at that time. How this would work in reality would be us staring at the gate for 10 seconds every match waiting for it to begin. I personally rather prefer the opening cut scenes as they are, but that's just me. I do wish we had that kind of conquest mode though, with taking over catapults to stop them from bombarding the gates. I guess that was scrapped for budget reasons. Maybe in a hopeful sequel :/

DrExtrem
05-31-2017, 04:23 PM
I looked great. Mouth watering.

The while concept looked more serious and down to earth. The version we got now, looks like a comic version. If overwatch had raped the for honor pre-alpha.

The intro was awesome. Imagine your avatar banging his or her should pumping up the minions and captains, or a warden praying with the troops - that would be awesome.

The combat looked far more interesting as well. It was mc but in fact, every animation in the game was mc-ed as well. The strikes and parries looked far better as well - you could feel the force and momentum.

Not to mention, that I shake my head every time a viking minion with a full beard uses a clearly female voice to tell me, that I have earned my place. I am very open when it comes to gender and gender identity but this is simply stupid.

And we have ninjas flying around while throwing smoke bombs.

They should have kept that rough art style.

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 04:24 PM
I can see the conq air humping or raider axe humping to get the blood flowing (or in my case the peacekeeper going into fits of the giggles with the The Best emote) now lol RAH! There are a lot that would fit well, the warden sword twirl, the berserker shadow boxing, it would be a neat feature all in all and might make people who like some emote but think I won't use that enough to spend that much on it reconsider. I also see it as a way of potentially getting latecomers into game at a time where the little blip in stability doesn't matter as much with nothing else going on in the main field.

UbiNoty
06-01-2017, 01:12 AM
If that's what you all are looking for, I can definitely bring up the suggestion for a pre-match interval so you can let your conq get all his emote spamming out of his system first. :D

As for the video, a lot has changed between when that video was released and we began building FH from the ground up - I believe we had plans to bring out this video in next week's Warrior's Den so we may get to see some more insight into why certain things changed the way they did.

CaptainPwnet
06-01-2017, 03:26 AM
Majority of players will see it once, twice, three times and then 10 times, 20 times over and over and be quite annoyed and bored having to sit through an intro like that to every match. Cool it may be, but this is a video game not a movie you see once. I imagine most people are already mildly annoyed at the intro's we have to the matches currently.

Mia.Nora
06-01-2017, 04:14 AM
If that's what you all are looking for, I can definitely bring up the suggestion for a pre-match interval so you can let your conq get all his emote spamming out of his system first. :D

As for the video, a lot has changed between when that video was released and we began building FH from the ground up - I believe we had plans to bring out this video in next week's Warrior's Den so we may get to see some more insight into why certain things changed the way they did.

No, NO, NO! Please do not make a long unskippable intro! Just NO!

But those minions that does NOT look like identical clockwork midgets, I want those in the game. Our minions look really horrible at the moment.

Capoupacap
06-01-2017, 10:03 AM
I like very much this impression of massive crowd during this Siege action :)

CrunaCross
06-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Bring in new game modes man... You know? GAME MODES. These short simple modes get repetitive in the first week of playing