PDA

View Full Version : The connection problem will fix it's self!!

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 01:36 PM
When asked about the connection problems....

Speaking to Eurogamer, game director Roman Campos-Oriola,
With the current avalanche of new game releases taking attention away from For Honor, we can only hope that the environment becomes stable quickly.
So don't worry customers their answer is people leaving the game will fix the problem. Find this at Digital Trends website.
He also said this,
Roman Campos-Oriola revealed that, while the matchmaking issues we've seen thus far -- which include dropped connections and annoying lag during fights -- have been improving, there are a number of different issues that must be addressed that have nothing to do with peer-to-peer connections.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 02:20 PM
The articles you mentioned are from months ago...

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 02:38 PM
Yes, you are correct. Which makes this EVEN WORSE. Take the money and run. A game developer banking on paying customers leaving is the lowest of the low. Think about,

Here's your money. Thank you.

Here's your game. Thank you.

Sir , this game is broken. Ya, we know. Thanks for playing.

Going to fix it?

Ya, were working on.

This is the answer till the end of time.
End result, they got your money. They do not have to fix jack. What are you going to do? Our only recourse is to never buy their product again. As gamers we need to let our money talk against developers that do business practices like this.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Looking back on the Eurogamer article, I cannot find your quote at all regarding banking on people leaving - the "current avalanche of games coming out" bit, or any thing similar to it. Regardless, "taking the money and running" does not typically include weekly live streams from the game developers themselves discussing community concerns, upcoming changes, and patches to the game they supposedly scammed you for. Nor does it involve patching the game on an almost bi-weekly basis to fix issues the community finds, or working over Memorial day weekend to fix the recent emergency issue that came up (the one hit kill bug).

Whether you want to believe it or not, the devs are working hard to get this game to be the way you want it and the way they want it. Does it suck that people have connection issues and the like? Absolutely, but the problem they have is obviously not a simple one to solve, otherwise they would have done it by now. For what it's worth, I get disconnected from maybe 1 out of every 10 games or so, and I have hundreds of hours in the game as is, and I would spend every penny and more on it again. You could argue they should not have released in the state they did, but the reality is it simply wouldn't be cost effective. With the game already content complete, delaying the game by several more months or however long it ends up taking to finally resolve all network issues would simply not tenable for a game that costs millions of dollars to make. That's just the way it is, and that's life - nothing you ever get will be perfect, and damn if I'm not still extremely satisfied with the end product, problems and all.

Capoupacap
05-31-2017, 03:32 PM
You should see the article about destiny two where the dev team (destiny's one) say server are not the holy graal BUT they acknowledge the fact that a server to maintain match stability is needed...

I think it should really be a solution FH dev team should consider or at least speak about because it happen in every game to be disconnected or having improper connection but not that a single player connection or beaviour can screw the hole game :)

I consider now that the FH dev team make a really great work in following the issues of the game and it has calm myself about how in a poor state the game was released.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 03:44 PM
You should see the article about destiny two where the dev team (destiny's one) say server are not the holy graal BUT they acknowledge the fact that a server to maintain match stability is needed...

I think it should really be a solution FH dev team should consider or at least speak about because it happen in every game to be disconnected or having improper connection but not that a single player connection or beaviour can screw the hole game :)

I consider now that the FH dev team make a really great work in following the issues of the game and it has calm myself about how in a poor state the game was released.

In the Eurogamer article I believe OP is speaking about, Roman actually talks about how dedicated servers would not solve all of their problems, and in many ways would be worse than what they have now, therefore they are focusing on improving what's already in place.

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 04:11 PM
Millions to make? What would you guess the profit margin on this game is? Could the CUSTOMER satisfaction of this game impact the sell of their next? It should, the release of eye candy games that lack proper function is crap to us, the costumers. You just listed every problem, followed by a excuse. It's way to often buying video games has turned into excuses of why it did not work correctly. And on top of that, they have fixed nothing. Errors were a concern after the beta. They have attempted to correct what they made! Everytime they released a fix they have to release a fix for that fix. Season 2 was so bad people wanted to know if they even played the game. Well, we designed the new hero's to bust the turtle meta. How in the hell does that help a person who does not play the new hero? They can't fix this. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW! But they sold it to you anyway. I for one am not happy I paid for this crap , but I did, so here I am. You paid for your right to defend them, well, I paid too.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Millions to make? What would you guess the profit margin on this game is? Could the CUSTOMER satisfaction of this game impact the sell of their next? It should, the release of eye candy games that lack proper function is crap to us, the costumers. You just listed every problem, followed by a excuse. It's way to often buying video games has turned into excuses of why it did not work correctly. And on top of that, they have fixed nothing. Errors were a concern after the beta. They have attempted to correct what they made! Everytime they released a fix they have to release a fix for that fix. Season 2 was so bad people wanted to know if they even played the game. Well, we designed the new hero's to bust the turtle meta. How in the hell does that help a person who does not play the new hero? They can't fix this. THEY DON'T KNOW HOW! But they sold it to you anyway. I for one am not happy I paid for this crap , but I did, so here I am. You paid for your right to defend them, well, I paid too.

Profit margin? Uhh well if you bought it on Uplay, that'd be 100%, Steam would be 70%, and console around 66%. As for how much money the game made after all the sales, who knows - they probably made a profit. The problem is the game takes tens of millions of dollars and several years to make, and once content complete, you still have to pay your devs, even if they aren't doing anything. Delaying an otherwise complete game for an unknown amount of time so the networking guys came HOPEFULLY fix lingering problems while the artists, writers and other supplementary staff sit on their thumbs is not how literally any company runs development. The game has to come out eventually or else its not considered a success, even if it makes a profit. Ubisoft is a publicly traded company with an obligation to their investors to make a reasonable profit. The game came out, and it was playable for the vast majority of people, even with disconnects here and there. That's the best they could hope for at the time.

I don't know what kind of idealized world you live in, but I've never bought a game that worked 100% out of the box - not on Super Nintendo, not on Playstation 4, not on PC. It's humans that develop these games, not robots, so bugs are expected to happen. Some times fixing something causes another problem in its place. Its not an excuse - its a fact of life, and especially of software development. Game's would basically never come out of it was expected to have every game release in a perfect or even near perfect state.

The thing people like you need to get in your head is - they want to release the best game possible to you, the consumer. The developers do. Ubisoft as well. Not because it makes them feel good, or makes you feel good, but because good games earn loyal customers, and loyal customers pay. More often than not however, those old problems of budgetary and time constraints demand that the game you want to be perfect and they want to be perfect now has to be merely good, or great as the case may be. And for most people, For Honor is good or great. Games are ultimately not made for charity, and developers and investors need to get paid. That's reality.

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 05:02 PM
So, by your logic, because it is expensive , complicated and extensive it is ok to mismanage or release a troubled game? Here and now we disagree and I will agree to that point. So, you let your money talk and I will do the same.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 05:51 PM
So, by your logic, because it is expensive , complicated and extensive it is ok to mismanage or release a troubled game? Here and now we disagree and I will agree to that point. So, you let your money talk and I will do the same.

No one is saying it's "okay". I'm saying that, against everyone's wishes, and everyone's efforts, it still happens .The point of my argument being that they did their best with what they had, and making patently false claims about them "taking the money and running" is a gross affront to the hard work the hundreds of people who worked on the game and continue to do so in spite of the ignorant vitriol people like you spew all over the forums. You didn't have to give them your money at release. You could have waited and seen what the response was. And that response has largely been positive despite some issues with connectivity.

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 06:28 PM
I stated my opinion as a unsatisfied costumer towards company that remains silent among our questions, concerns and complaints.
Your words towards that, me , is........" ignorant vitriol people like you spew" ...
Your a ****ing hypocrite .

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 06:38 PM
I stated my opinion as a unsatisfied costumer towards company that remains silent among our questions, concerns and complaints.
Your words towards that, me , is........" ignorant vitriol people like you spew" ...
Your a ****ing hypocrite .

You are welcome to your opinion as an unsatisfied customer, however making up false narratives such as the devs taking the money and running, and only making a pretty game that doesn't function is frankly toxic to the community in addition to being outright false. That is the definition of ignorant vitriol. I also just stated earlier that the devs have weekly streams on twitch regarding community concerns and upcoming changes, so you're either ignoring that fact entirely, or you're only interested in your own false narrative and wanna drag the rest of the community down with you. And please, there's no need for insults. I don't believe I've said anything hypocritical, but you're welcome to point it out if I have.

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 07:01 PM
Wow.... You are as dumb as they come. Devs have nothing to do with anything I have said.
People on here have applauded what the devs have created for us. This game`s base core is Epic in my opinion. The devs should be applauded.
But the people above them that give " The OK`s" or handles the quality of a release.Or the resources and man power given when needed to fix a release. Now that's the people that in my opinion have received payment on my behave for this game , and now. At this present time and with this game, in its present form, those are the people I have grievances with. They could give a **** less.
This forum is full of customers that want this game , Fair. Balanced. Perform solid, And stop moving backwards or get worse. And why? Because video game companies don't give refunds. Ever! They just keep your money. THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN.

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Wow.... You are as dumb as they come. Devs have nothing to do with anything I have said.
People on here have applauded what the devs have created for us. This game`s base core is Epic in my opinion. The devs should be applauded.
But the people above them that give " The OK`s" or handles the quality of a release.Or the resources and man power given when needed to fix a release. Now that's the people that in my opinion have received payment on my behave for this game , and now. At this present time and with this game, in its present form, those are the people I have grievances with. They could give a **** less.
This forum is full of customers that want this game , Fair. Balanced. Perform solid, And stop moving backwards or get worse. And why? Because video game companies don't give refunds. Ever! They just keep your money. THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN.

Still resorting to insults.
So when you were quoting Roman, the new creative director of the game, you weren't talking about the developer? Later when you said "A game developer banking on paying customers leaving is the lowest of the low."? Or "As gamers we need to let our money talk against developers that do business practices like this." Still not talking about the devs?

Get your story straight, then maybe you'll have some credibility.

What you're talking about is the publisher, Ubisoft, and this incredible game you're speaking about wouldn't exist had they not funded the game. Whatever you seem to believe, they are not an organization of infinite funding and manpower, and have so allocated the resources that they can support for the continuation of the game - which I would say, and many others would say has been pretty great so far - again pointing to the bi-weekly patches and weekly community updates. More than many games get at all. I'm sure the devs would love all those great things such as balance and connection performance as well, but its not necessarily something you can just throw more money and people at to fix.

And game companies are not the ones responsible for refunds - your retailer is. So if you want your money back, go back to Gamestop, Steam, or wherever you got the game from.

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 07:46 PM
You are correct. Large PUBLICLY TRADED video game producing companies who cut corners and have no concern for after the sale satisfaction of there customers. VIDEO GAME PRODUCTION COMPANY AND THEIR MANAGERS.

"I've sure the devs would love all those great things such as balance and connection performance as well, but its not necessarily something you can just throw more money and people at to fix. "
Who do we need to talk then to get this fixed then?

T_Sesh
05-31-2017, 08:05 PM
You are correct. Large PUBLICLY TRADED video game producing companies who cut corners and have no concern for after the sale satisfaction of there customers. VIDEO GAME PRODUCTION COMPANY AND THEIR MANAGERS.

You don't seem to get it - that's not how business works. Just gonna copy pasta myself here:

The thing people like you need to get in your head is - they want to release the best game possible to you, the consumer. The developers do. Ubisoft as well. Not because it makes them feel good, or makes you feel good, but because good games earn loyal customers, and loyal customers pay. More often than not however, those old problems of budgetary and time constraints demand that the game you want to be perfect and they want to be perfect now has to be merely good, or great as the case may be. And for most people, For Honor is good or great. Games are ultimately not made for charity, and developers and investors need to get paid. That's reality.

Ubisoft would not be the successful company they are if the had "no concern for after the sale satisfaction of there customers". How many times do I have to point to the support For Honor has been getting in its by weekly updates and so on? I'm gonna have to just repeat myself over and over again aren't I?

As for "who you can talk to" you can put your feedback into the feedback section of the forums - you know, for the guys who work on the game.

ONYX_x5
05-31-2017, 08:54 PM
My money is my voice, listen closely.