PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi Kick IS INTERRUPTIBLE

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 12:27 PM
I I hope i didnt dig my own grave with this

but apparently i was able to interupt a shinobi kick in the early stages

at first both of us where sceptical so we continued the fight

but right after he vanished and my light attack hit the already orange shinobi we were sure of it.

Now i think that his super-hyper armor only appears if he is mid air?

(if i get the chance i'll try to record it)

Epoqx
05-31-2017, 12:41 PM
I I hope i didnt dig my own grave with this

but apparently i was able to interupt a shinobi kick in the early stages

at first both of us where sceptical so we continued the fight

but right after he vanished and my light attack hit the already orange shinobi we were sure of it.

Now i think that his super-hyper armor only appears if he is mid air?

(if i get the chance i'll try to record it)

I would be really interested to see a .gif or a short video showing it !

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 01:20 PM
I would be really interested to see a .gif or a short video showing it !

i even interrupted a later sequenz of the kick before thats when i found out i could actually interrupt it, so i couldn't record
it.

but i found a random person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4fELwabn1M&feature=youtu.be

so apparently you can actually interrupt the shinobi kick right before he lifts up you can even practice the timing

please people try it yourself and record it so we can actually know what the exact timing is!

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 01:35 PM
i even interrupted a later sequenz of the kick before thats when i found out i could actually interrupt it, so i couldn't record
it.

but i found a random person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4fELwabn1M&feature=youtu.be

so apparently you can actually interrupt the shinobi kick right before he lifts up you can even practice the timing

please people try it yourself and record it so we can actually know what the exact timing is!

xD dude, you can't do this on reaction, not even with training, therefor you need to predict it (or know that it comes, what is quite easy in a non-fight situation like in this video)
so its more luck - hey you can interrupt every with with hyperarmor befor the hyperarmor kicks in ....

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 01:41 PM
xD dude, you can't do this on reaction, not even with training, therefor you need to predict it (or know that it comes, what is quite easy in a non-fight situation like in this video)
so its more luck - hey you can interrupt every with with hyperarmor befor the hyperarmor kicks in ....

As i already said i even interrupted a later sequenz of the kick thats why i need more people trying this so we can get a longer time span.

the earliest stage is if you see him dashing into you but i could even interrupt it when the first leg lifted up.

you have to react to either the dash or the smoke

i guess this only works with fast attacks though so i might try it with my nobushi

guffffff
05-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Ive chopped her "out of the sky" before, is that what you mean? Awsome to watch, but total luck. She fell like a shot pheasant

Blasto95
05-31-2017, 01:51 PM
Ive tried many times, as a centurion, to catch a Shinobi during his kick with my charged heavy. Works for me at least 1/3 of the time, but im still trying to figure out the proper timing. Also this is Centurion im talking about, who stuns through just about anything if his charged hit lands. The fact he can charge it and feint late, leaved a good window of opportunity for him to catch the Shinobi. So it seems like it may be possible to get centurions timing down to have better than a 33% success rate, I can imagine it being harder for other heroes however.

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 02:05 PM
Ive tried many times, as a centurion, to catch a Shinobi during his kick with my charged heavy. Works for me at least 1/3 of the time, but im still trying to figure out the proper timing. Also this is Centurion im talking about, who stuns through just about anything if his charged hit lands. The fact he can charge it and feint late, leaved a good window of opportunity for him to catch the Shinobi. So it seems like it may be possible to get centurions timing down to have better than a 33% success rate, I can imagine it being harder for other heroes however.

thats what i wanna hear

if more people recorded it we could get a proper timing on different charackters
,because i think there is a small window were you can light attack the dash by reacting to it while being safe from kicks, gbs and shinobi lights

SirCorrino
05-31-2017, 02:07 PM
You're hitting him before the kick starts.

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 02:09 PM
You're hitting him before the kick starts.

could people please learn to read it's annoying sometimes

please read everything i wrote and try to understand it

Obdach01
05-31-2017, 02:15 PM
When I am lucky I do interrupt this from every toon. It happens once or twice a week with different toons. Never thought of it being a glitch. I thought it's just pure luck, that you hit the guy 1 or 2 ms before the uninterruptable kicks in. I have tried perfecting this, but the timestamp is so small, I cannot repeat this on purpose. It was always pure luck... unless the other toon is my buddy who tells me exactly when he is doing the attack, so I can click with him together... but in which game is your opponent going to wanr you about his attacks?
I think the only toon I didn't manage to do this against is a Valk, but not because she is safe, but because I barely play against one.

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 02:43 PM
If he is close, you want to be putting out your quickest attack on his first or even just after his first dodge, it may or may not be interruptible but you can shut it down before it starts if you read that that is what he is going for.

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 03:49 PM
If he is close, you want to be putting out your quickest attack on his first or even just after his first dodge, it may or may not be interruptible but you can shut it down before it starts if you read that that is what he is going for.

I did interrupt the moment the second leg lifts up, because i thought he wanted to gb me after the dash.

It has to be in close range.

Something like this isn't for everyone
Like i can react immediately after i hear or see the double dash in close range and punish it with a gb.

But interrupting the kick is more like a suprise effect were you can get alot of damage from.

bananaflow2017
05-31-2017, 03:51 PM
I Really dont understand this kick.
For example:
When a warlord jumps on me he gets hyper Armor right?
I can interrupt that with a cent kick or a valk bash. But when the shinoobi kicks this doesnt work.
Can anyone explain that? I really dont understand:(

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 03:55 PM
I did interrupt the moment the second leg lifts up, because i thought he wanted to gb me after the dash.

It has to be in close range.

Something like this isn't for everyone
Like i can react immediately after i hear or see the double dash in close range and punish it with a gb.

But interrupting the kick is more like a suprise effect were you can get alot of damage from.

Yeah when you are able to interrupt it, it is a very painful trade for the shinobi. You can't be passive all in all, you have to be ready to shut down the kick and if you are playing defensive, you have to get your parries and cgbs on point, my general duel strategy is to walk forward and not stop until he hits a wall. Dominion obviously it is harder than that, I wait for him to be distracted by someone else and put a heavy in against his active block which is harder for him than other assassins.

I Really dont understand this kick.
For example:
When a warlord jumps on me he gets hyper Armor right?
I can interrupt that with a cent kick or a valk bash. But when the shinoobi kicks this doesnt work.
Can anyone explain that? I really dont understand:(

The kick is meant to be the shinobi's defining feature according to the devs, it has priority over the other charge moves, I suspect part of this is because if it did not have some power to it, it would be very unlikely any shinobi would close at all. As they said on the Den it is very finely balanced with the healthpool and that other attacks are punishable, if they do something to the kick, they almost have to give the shinobi something in return.

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 04:37 PM
As i already said i even interrupted a later sequenz of the kick thats why i need more people trying this so we can get a longer time span.

the earliest stage is if you see him dashing into you but i could even interrupt it when the first leg lifted up.

you have to react to either the dash or the smoke

i guess this only works with fast attacks though so i might try it with my nobushi

Dude, out of experience i can say (because i main berserker - he nearly has Hyperarmor with 90% of his attacks, it's the same type of hyperarmor like shinobi kick)

1. You can only REALLY interrupt the ongoing move with an unblockable opener (shoulderbash, shieldbash, kick, shovel etc.)
2. You can interrupt the attack shortly befor the hyperarmor kicks in, but therefor you need to predict -> means completly luck and intuition based.
3. The hyperarmor is buggy sometimes, i do have here and there moments where my hyperarmor is active but i to still get interruptet -> Bug

I already tested nearly all hyperarmors befor season 2 and shinobi has the same kind of hyper like Zerker, Warlord, Orochi, Warden, Kensei, and nearly identical to LBs shovel.

Don't wanna blame you, but i have been already through this all.

Prior_Heahmund
05-31-2017, 04:46 PM
Can't they take away the unblockable aspect of it? I think that would fix the problem.

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Can't they take away the unblockable aspect of it? I think that would fix the problem.

No, they just need to take away the safe dmg from it.
It is the twin brother of LB shovel.
- Both are unblockable
- Both have hyper
- Both are one of the faster unblockable openers
- Both drain stamina (looks like kick does drain more than shovel)

Difference is, that Shovel don't give safe dmg, it gives kind of a 50/50.
The Kick gives you a safe heavy! Even a safe light would be to much because it is a double light.

Shugoki got his Oni-charge nerfed into the ground, just because it was a safe side heavy.

Lyskir
05-31-2017, 06:18 PM
- Both are unblockable
- Both have hyper

The Kick gives you a safe heavy! Even a safe light would be to much because it is a double light.

Shugoki got his Oni-charge nerfed into the ground, just because it was a safe side heavy.

this

Knight_Raime
05-31-2017, 07:17 PM
You can do this with every unblockable bash.
You're hitting in the start up frames. Which means you had to know he was going for the kick.
You're not stopping it on reaction. No need to stop it anyway. you can still hit them mid kick for good damage. once they realize you know how to trade they won't throw kicks out willy nilly because it'll get them killed.
This kind of thing came up with conqs dash bash from neutral. yes you technically are stopping it. but you're not reacting to it. you knew before hand and stopped it before it started. To most that's not a counter.

Knight_Raime
05-31-2017, 07:20 PM
- Both are unblockable
- Both have hyper

I disagree. the safe damage can stay. 25 isn't a lot.
They need to make it more consistently punishable.
They can achieve that by either removing the hyper armor on the kick.
Or by adding recovery frames on a whiffed kick.

This would allow people who dodge properly a small window of opportunity to punish before he flips away.
Dodging the kick right now and punishing is only available to 7 heros. and it depends if it's a heavy after the kick or a back flip. only a few can punish both.
you technically can punish shin as anyone if you properly dodge and block a follow up heavy. as that gives people a free GB.
but you can't rely on that as a shin isn't going to que a heavy every time if he's smart.

EDIT: shugs was nerfed imo because you could GB OR go for the side heavy. Shins kick doesn't offer anything close to that.

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 08:51 PM
I would lean more towards make a miss punishable than remove hyper armour, it means he has to line up and hit a good shot without making it so that closing at all is a bigger risk than the heavy/gb 50/50 which would if anything make it worse if mains can get the 50/50 working in their favour. Saying this as someone with way too many rep levels to get to level the heroes he wants to bother with shinobi this side of season three, just clarifying so there is no defend my main issue. My feeling is making it punishable punishes spam or a miss, removing hyperarmour punishes the attempt to close in the first place.

ELDRIX_
05-31-2017, 10:36 PM
You can do this with every unblockable bash.
You're hitting in the start up frames. Which means you had to know he was going for the kick.
You're not stopping it on reaction. No need to stop it anyway. you can still hit them mid kick for good damage. once they realize you know how to trade they won't throw kicks out willy nilly because it'll get them killed.
This kind of thing came up with conqs dash bash from neutral. yes you technically are stopping it. but you're not reacting to it. you knew before hand and stopped it before it started. To most that's not a counter.

you're totally right dud
like i react to the dash either with a gb or a light
i just found out that i can even interrupt the kick sequenz which i didn't know before
and then i thought if i could practice the timing where the shinobi dashes i could interrupt almost every of their their moves
that come after the dash which acts like a suprise effect.

CandleInTheDark
05-31-2017, 10:53 PM

Not trying to be obtuse but I would consider that a counter. You realised he was going to try and do something, you acted, end result is he didn't manage what he planned to do, anything else is quibbling over a matter of timing.