PDA

View Full Version : Centurion problems? Here are some heroes that are (imo) good against him and 2 tips.

MarkedElite
05-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Whether you are not able to get the parry down, getting kick spammed, or are having a bad time in general, here are a couple of things to help.

Tip #1
DON'T TRY TO 1v2 THEM, ESPECIALLY 2 CENTURIONS, JUST RUN AWAY.
The centurion is already good at throwing out disrupts and damage in 1v1's, why would you want to give him 2x of an advantage?
Try to fight them in 2v2's or even 2v1's (obviously) if able, since they can only focus one person at a time with their hard-hitting abillities.

Tip #2
If you are in Domination, Skirmish or any other 2v2, or 4v4 mode, and your teammate has just gotten jabbed or punched on the ground, please be a good neighbor and switch targets and throw out a quick light attack if you can to interrupt him from jumping on your buddy.

Heroes good against Cent.

The Best one that comes to mind instantly is the
1. Conqueror
He is able to dodge the kick and follow up with his own shield bash and possible vortex with his Heavy-> GB -> Heavy -> , and most importantly - his blocks mini parry lights and heavies alike - and interrupt the chain, something that a centurion has to hit in order to continue his heavy unblockable chain. If he pre charges with a heavy before attacking you, dodge it and follow up with a gaurdbreak or attack.

2. Shinobi
This Hero is stupid strong in anyone's hands who are good at him, but even if you are just okay with him you should still do good. Learn his combos, practice, enjoy his fast attacks, and spam the everloving S**T out of his double dodge -> Kick(Kids in the comments- "OH you can just GB him in the animation you f*****t!" My answer for you is - Do you know how short range most GB's are? And how fast that animation is? Exactly.) Eventually, you will even be able to Deflect his slow heavies into a delicious chunk of bleed damage. If all else fails, you can get the f***k outta there like naruto on crack.

3. Valkrie
Valkrie is just such a fast attacking character, you can basically beat the Centurion whenever he tries to throw out his heavies, and your own heavies can also dish out a pretty annoying knock down combo yourself. You can also dodge to the side for evasive quick damage, and jump back into a shield bash - which when fully charged knocks down.

(4. Kinda. Lawbringer (Higher levels of play only)
If your a good LB you will literally poop on simple Centurions, you have mix ups of your own, a bash, a "Long Arm" which is very useful with Centurions slow heavies, and parry follow-ups.

Also, I'm not sure because I don't use her, but the Nobushi seems good against Centurion as well, judging by the few times I had Nobush teammates in my game, they seem to do OK against him.

Disagree about anything? Leave a comment why.

Nestramutat
05-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Thanks! Plenty of heroes can deal well with the centurion, and now that the novelty is wearing off, plenty know how to deal with cent spammables.

But, any insights on how to play against shinobi? That one is the true offender in my book, with his kick and free heavy after, and the fact that he has no recovery time after kick.

Knight_Raime
05-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Few things:

1) Cent has armor when pouncing on a downed person. you can't interrupt that.

2) You can't GB a cent who is in the middle of charging his heavy or feinting it.

3) Cent can soft feint his charged heavies into a GB. if you preemptively dodge to bash with conq when you see a heavy charging he'll just soft feint and GB you.

4) Conq can dodge the kick and bash yes. But a decent cent won't randomly throw them out for you to do that consistently. Superior guard is really the only good thing conq has against him. that's not enough. Maybe if you're a top tier player and so is the cent where turtling happens a lot more conq might be a better match up then. but for a majority of players this isn't the case.

5) Shin is cent's hardest match up yes. But not for what you listed. Parrying the zone on shin in general pushes him too far away for a punish. though cent can do his parry follow and still GB you. the main issue is that cent has no reliable punish on you if he counters a decently ranged attack. and even if he does you get priority on wakeup and can parry any follow up or GB the cent for free. His lower switch speed means keeping up with shins light light is a pain. spamming dodge kick will get you killed. since the cent's heavy is fast enough to trade. which will kill you. Not to mention if he just straight dodges and blocks your heavy after he'll get a free GB. in short shin is hard for cent 90% due to range. that's all.

6) Valks dash attack is actually the worst dash to use against cent. he can super punish you. it also doesn't beat his kick+ heavy.

7) Law Bringer is a neutral match up. neither side has an advantage. both can punish eachother pretty hard.

8) Nobushi can go either way. She has the ability to keep him at bay due to her superior range. But if he gets in on you (like when bush fights any assassin) she really can't do anything and is pretty screwed. (fyi this is the exact same with shin vs bushi)

Danioku
05-31-2017, 10:32 AM
I cant say Valkyrie is really good vs Centurion basing on your statements.

Valk lights are 500ms, Cent not charged heavy is 600ms. You cant really counter his heavy with your lights on reaction unless you are able to react as fast as 100ms. It's not even worth to trade (Valk light 12dmg, Cent heavy 25dmg). It's easier to parry at this point.

Side dodge attack is fine but not so consistent due to the (bugged?)Cent tracking kicks and unblockable attack. Many time it simply doesnt work and you get hit anyways.

Valk kit (sweeps, bashes, shield tackles) is aswesome vs bad players but more than useless vs decent players. Every time you try any move you expose yourself to a free GB.

When i play with my Rep30 Valk vs Cent i simply cant make any mistake or im dead and it doesnt matter if my opponent is a good player or a bad one.

When i try a move my stamina is already half drained and if he dodges into a GB i'll lose 50% - 70% of my full health and all my stamina. (he can also instantly bring me from 100 to 0 with a wall splat).

When my stamina is completely drained he will keep to do either kick or GB trying to bait a dodge into free GB. No errors can be done or i'm dead. I cant try to make any distance after i effectively CGB cause he will kick and the kick cant be dodge backward cause of (bugged) tracking but only side dodged.

So basically at this point i just have to dodge/CGB any attemps until my stamina is up again (10sec to a lot more if I eat some kick)

In the other hand Valk has to put much more effort and take a lot of risk for win the fight and the Cent can make much more mistakes.

For example as Valk for a guaranteed 25 dmg, she has to bash (can be dodged into free GB) and sweep (can be dodged into free GB). So for a 25dmg Valk has to risk from 50% to 100% of her health + all her stamina. This is never worth. Cent only need to dodge one time any Valk attempts to do something, he can try to do it many times (everytime i try to use my moves). On one single succesful dodge the fight is almost over.

And ye i write as Valk but this interaction is valid for any other matchup vs Cent. He just need a parry, take advantage of an opponent mistake or land a GB or an heavy/unblockable for win the fight in most cases.

And while Shinobi is just broken an uncounterable if properly played, Cent is just overpowered as it is for the reasons i wrote above, 1 mistake and the fight is almost over.

Im not sure why they realeased 2 heros like these ones, i thought for greed in the attempt to sell more Season passes and steel or probably they are just incompetent and they dont know how to balance a multiplayer game, dunno im still not sure but, really, why you Ubisoft need 1 month datas for fix something that it's so obviously unbalanced ??
Even a blind can see it, why you let us play a broken game for weeks before you even try a fix ??

After all the effort and time that i put in this game i'm now just disappointed and frustrated about For Honor and above all about Ubisoft.

P.S.

Sry for any mistakes, English in not my own lenguage, i hope that what i meant is clear at least

SnugglesIV
05-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Few things:

2) You can't GB a cent who is in the middle of charging his heavy or feinting it.

3) Cent can soft feint his charged heavies into a GB. if you preemptively dodge to bash with conq when you see a heavy charging he'll just soft feint and GB you.

4) Conq can dodge the kick and bash yes. But a decent cent won't randomly throw them out for you to do that consistently. Superior guard is really the only good thing conq has against him. that's not enough. Maybe if you're a top tier player and so is the cent where turtling happens a lot more conq might be a better match up then. but for a majority of players this isn't the case.

5) Shin is cent's hardest match up yes. But not for what you listed. Parrying the zone on shin in general pushes him too far away for a punish. though cent can do his parry follow and still GB you. the main issue is that cent has no reliable punish on you if he counters a decently ranged attack. and even if he does you get priority on wakeup and can parry any follow up or GB the cent for free. His lower switch speed means keeping up with shins light light is a pain. spamming dodge kick will get you killed. since the cent's heavy is fast enough to trade. which will kill you. Not to mention if he just straight dodges and blocks your heavy after he'll get a free GB. in short shin is hard for cent 90% due to range. that's all.

6) Valks dash attack is actually the worst dash to use against cent. he can super punish you. it also doesn't beat his kick+ heavy.

7) Law Bringer is a neutral match up. neither side has an advantage. both can punish eachother pretty hard.

8) Nobushi can go either way. She has the ability to keep him at bay due to her superior range. But if he gets in on you (like when bush fights any assassin) she really can't do anything and is pretty screwed. (fyi this is the exact same with shin vs bushi)

1) True. However, if a Cent is doing his pouncing heavy on someone, anybody can get a free GB when the Cent heavy lands. Additionally if the Cent Eagle's Talons too late, you can get a free GB on him when it hits. It's a very risky move outside of a duel.

2) This is true of every character. I'm not sure why you mention this. You can interrupt his charging heavy with a light attack, and I'm pretty sure he can only block it (if he is feinting his heavy).

3) Why is a Conq dashing a Cent heavy?! You can literally block it and get a GB.

4) Conq's match ups, for the most part, are all a wash. You can't attack him, and he can't attack you. He forces a stalemate. Warden, Warlord and Shinobi are his only "counters." This is the worst thing about Conq: he's literally the most boring character to play and play against.

5) Nothing wrong with this. I'm surprised anyone thinks Cent beats Shinobi, or why Cent seems to get all the hate...

6) Kensei's dodge attack beats Cent's kick-heavy, and Kensei has THE slowest dodge attack in the game (to my knowledge). If he can guaranteed punish kick, Valkyrie can.

7) Nothing wrong with this either. Cent can't break a good LB's defenses because block-shove will stop Cent in his tracks. LB can't really attack if the Cent knows how to parry lights since any heavy LB throws out can be interrupted by Cent. It's a stalemate.

8) Ehhhh, I don't know about Nobushi match up. Theoretically, she has the advantage with the spacing game and hidden stance into guaranteed light-guaranteed bleed will **** with Centurion's low HP. It's a big skill match up though. I can see Cent having a very slight edge due to how much easier it is to play him.

Knight_Raime
05-31-2017, 11:38 AM
1) True. However, if a Cent is doing his pouncing heavy on someone, anybody can get a free GB when the Cent heavy lands. Additionally if the Cent Eagle's Talons too late, you can get a free GB on him when it hits. It's a very risky move outside of a duel.

2) This is true of every character. I'm not sure why you mention this. You can interrupt his charging heavy with a light attack, and I'm pretty sure he can only block it (if he is feinting his heavy).

3) Why is a Conq dashing a Cent heavy?! You can literally block it and get a GB.

4) Conq's match ups, for the most part, are all a wash. You can't attack him, and he can't attack you. He forces a stalemate. Warden, Warlord and Shinobi are his only "counters." This is the worst thing about Conq: he's literally the most boring character to play and play against.

5) Nothing wrong with this. I'm surprised anyone thinks Cent beats Shinobi, or why Cent seems to get all the hate...

6) Kensei's dodge attack beats Cent's kick-heavy, and Kensei has THE slowest dodge attack in the game (to my knowledge). If he can guaranteed punish kick, Valkyrie can.

7) Nothing wrong with this either. Cent can't break a good LB's defenses because block-shove will stop Cent in his tracks. LB can't really attack if the Cent knows how to parry lights since any heavy LB throws out can be interrupted by Cent. It's a stalemate.

8) Ehhhh, I don't know about Nobushi match up. Theoretically, she has the advantage with the spacing game and hidden stance into guaranteed light-guaranteed bleed will **** with Centurion's low HP. It's a big skill match up though. I can see Cent having a very slight edge due to how much easier it is to play him.

1) true and true.

2) Because i've successfully GBed people in the very starting frames of their heavy. but on cent i've never been able to no matter what state his heavy was in.

3) This is assuming the cent had successfully GBed from neutral or a parry and went into his soft feint mix up game. OP suggested just dashing and bashing all the time. I was attempting to explain he could just bait you into a soft feinted GB.

4) True unfortunately.

5) Because people are still convinced that cent has heat seeking properties. when 90% of the time someone just dodged too early and so the attack corrects itself like it does for other heros. Or some buggy latency nonsense. and probably because centurion is literally harassing the 4v4 scene where appearently most play at the moment. Shin can be annoying in 4v4. but not as punishing as centurion.

6) It's not speed. it's valk's animation. Just like PK's dodge attack can't beat shins kick but other dash attacks can. Because of the animation.

7) -thumbs up-

8) yeah. I'm not a huge Bushi player myself. but i've played my friend a lot who's decent as her. and i've fought a god tier rep 30 bushi who beat me consistently. I only ever beat them in one match. Met up with them a week later and I only ever took one round in 3 seperate fights against them. Basically if bushi is on top of her mix up game to keep me guessing I can't be aggressive. which means I can't get in and crumple them. But the moment I can get in and harass with stam damage attacks and my soft feint mix up game is good the bushi is 100% done for.

Epoqx
05-31-2017, 12:39 PM
Few things:

+1

Capoupacap
05-31-2017, 12:42 PM
warden deel pretty easily the cent too