PDA

View Full Version : Cant invite friends to game

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 07:03 PM
I bought the game through the Oculus store, it has registered with my Uplay account, but I cannot invite my friends to the game, the options are simply greyed out.

They bough the game via steam. Anyone else had this issue? I can join a game with random players though, just not invite friends...

Ghostpro71
05-30-2017, 08:01 PM
I bought the game through the Oculus store, it has registered with my Uplay account, but I cannot invite my friends to the game, the options are simply greyed out.

They bough the game via steam. Anyone else had this issue? I can join a game with random players though, just not invite friends...

Same issue for me. Have friends who bought on Steam, but I bought game from Ubisoft Store and had to activate it through Oculus app, and i can see them on my friends list but can't join the games. All greyed out.

CountZer0Divide
05-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Yup, same here. I have Rift and bought through UPlay/Oculus and my friend has Vive and bought through Steam. We can both see each other in game as "online" but can't join/invite all options are greyed out.

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 08:04 PM
Looks like a bug then, i've opened a ticket with Oculus, might be worth opening one with Ubisoft too?

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 08:14 PM
My friends who bough the game on steam have no issues, they can join multi player games... options are NOT greyed out!

CountZer0Divide
05-30-2017, 08:20 PM
My friends who bough the game on steam have no issues, they can join multi player games... options are NOT greyed out!

Same here. My friend can join/invite others but they are vive only

BB_Coolcat
05-30-2017, 08:24 PM
We also have the problem. 3 of us all have an Oculus (activated via Oculus Client) and we see/hear each other in the lobby, but we can't invite the one friend who has a Vive on Steam.

CountZer0Divide
05-30-2017, 08:26 PM
I've submitted a case with Ubisoft

CaptJamesT.Kirk
05-30-2017, 08:31 PM
After multiple delays, they still sent out a product with issues related to co-op. It's like releasing a multiplayer game while multiplayer is broken. Didn't they do any QA before release? Ridiculous.

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 08:33 PM
I have to admit, this is a pretty serious game breaking bug, that should have been very obvious during testing!

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 08:34 PM
I've submitted a case with Ubisoft

Thanks! Let us know how you get on! I've raised a ticked with Oculus!

ScruffyAT
05-30-2017, 08:37 PM
Another one with the same problem here. Funny thing is we can both invite the same third friend, that doesn't even own the game or a VR headset, but no one else on our friends list.

Should Oculus show up in Uplay as a linked account like Steam does? As the game works the linking has been successful (thanks to the tip on known issues)
Edit: It does show up as a linked account on the webpage https://account.ubisoft.com/de-DE/overview

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 08:43 PM
Mine doesnt, unless I log in online to Uplay. I can then see linked accounts. Steam shows up both in the client and online....

NeoArmageddon
05-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Same problem here. Have the game in Steam and a friend in Oculus. Both friends in UPlay and already played other games like FarCry, Division and Rainbow Six. All options are grayed out. In shuttle and lobby and all different combinations.

Same reports in steam forums aswell: http://steamcommunity.com/app/527100/discussions/0/1290691308593357721

ScruffyAT
05-30-2017, 08:57 PM
I added a thread in the support forum linking both here and to the steam discussion
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679140-Can-t-invite-Steam-players-from-Oculus-or-vice-versa

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys

PuckStar32
05-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Same report here: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6e9l89/star_trek_bridge_crew_crossplay_not_working/

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Found a work around on the steam forum, crude, but should work!

The 2 players who were able to invite/join were on Steam, they started a game and made it public. The other 2 players on Oculus used Quick Play to randomly join a room. With a bit of luck you end up on the correct one. If the Steam players receive another player, he/she sadly needs to be kicked. Rince/Repeat, until all 4 players are matched.

Natastr0phe
05-30-2017, 11:32 PM
Ok, looks like the devs are now aware of the issue at least, its been added to the list of known issues. Seems they were not aware of the problem! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679067-Known-Issues-May-30th-2017

CaptJamesT.Kirk
05-31-2017, 12:19 AM
I just played with a friend of mine. I'm on Oculus, and he's on PS4. Initially it was showing me as offiline, but when he clicked on my name, he was able to accept my invite. We troubleshooted over the phone until he finally clicked on me and got it to work

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 01:09 AM
I just played with a friend of mine. I'm on Oculus, and he's on PS4. Initially it was showing me as offiline, but when he clicked on my name, he was able to accept my invite. We troubleshooted over the phone until he finally clicked on me and got it to work

Did you purchase via the Oculus Store? It seems only to affect people who bough via Oculus, then linked to Ubisoft. I have a friend who purchased via steam, and linked to Ubisoft for their Rift and could be invited to games via the in game menu.

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 01:20 AM
Another thread to add to the list! https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/53236/star-trek-bridge-crew-cross-platform-invites/p1?new=1

Falryx
05-31-2017, 01:51 AM
I also had problems (purchased from Ubi store, but accessed via Oculus store). But my friend with Vive / Steam was able to invite me (I'm not sure how). I couldn't accept until I started a tutorial then backed out and then I was able to accept.

Way more cranky than it should be -- but was happy to resolve it at least temporarily until the devs have a proper fix in.

BB_Coolcat
05-31-2017, 06:34 AM
From the Known Issues thread: (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1679067-Known-Issues-May-30th-2017)

Cross-Platform Invite/Joining
Players are experiencing issues inviting and joining friends on their friendsí list.

Workaround: Restart your game. This will help your system re-sync with the cross platform services.
*This issue will be corrected in a future patch
The mentioned workaround sadly does not help. We tried restarting the game multiple times on both sides. Also both sides tried to open the session. While the Uplay client eventually showed our friend as "playing Star Trek Bridge Crew", inside the game he was still just shown as "Online", which means we could not invite him and he could not join. On my side there is an Oculus Rift activated through Oculus, my friend uses a Vive activated through Steam.

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 11:22 AM
BB_Coolcat, you have exactly the same issue as me. Only Oculus users who bought via steam can send and receive game invites. Sadly the Developers seem more interested in fixing a few cosmetic issues in a day one patch, rather that address this serious game breaking bug. It will be fixed in a "future update" the bug thread says. I wonder when? A week, a month, a few months? For all they know, this could be a server side issue, that could be fixed very quickly. Very frustrating

BB_Coolcat
05-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Sadly the Developers seem more interested in fixing a few cosmetic issues in a day one patch, rather that address this serious game breaking bug.
The day one patch was probably scheduled for months. A version of the game had to be ready, months ago, to be pressed on the physical disks for PSVR. Of course you don't have the development team sit idle for that time, you let them polish stuff. Also the development team is not just one person. While the network programmers (?) try to fix this connection problem, why shouldn't the rest of the team (gameplay coders, artists, game designers, ....) work on other things to make the game better?
=> Let them fix this, but give them time to do it properly.

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 01:08 PM
The day one patch was probably scheduled for months. A version of the game had to be ready, months ago, to be pressed on the physical disks for PSVR. Of course you don't have the development team sit idle for that time, you let them polish stuff. Also the development team is not just one person. While the network programmers (?) try to fix this connection problem, why shouldn't the rest of the team (gameplay coders, artists, game designers, ....) work on other things to make the game better?
=> Let them fix this, but give them time to do it properly.

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I come from the elite dangerous community, where a tiny UK based developer talks to its game fans, listens to them and keeps them updated regarding problems. They'd be on an issue like this immediately and have a fix in days, sometimes hours. Normally issues like this are fixed in Beta, this should not have gotten through the testing, although I admit sometimes these things do happen. I really do hope they get this resolved in days, rather than weeks as it breaks the core game, multi play with friends!

CaptJamesT.Kirk
05-31-2017, 01:17 PM
Did you purchase via the Oculus Store? It seems only to affect people who bough via Oculus, then linked to Ubisoft. I have a friend who purchased via steam, and linked to Ubisoft for their Rift and could be invited to games via the in game menu.

Sorry for the late response. I did purchase through the oculus store (after getting a refund from the Ubisoft store...). I haven't been able to play since then, so I won't know until this evening if we will have issues again.

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 01:24 PM
I have an update... I think the issue must be either server side or, has been fixed by the day one patch inadvertently. Now, if the cross play servers were overloaded, that could explain the issue of not being able to join a game. I checked this morning and in game one of my friends was listed as playing the game. They bought it on steam but have an Oculus.

Fingers crossed, but it may just be server load, brings back memory's of a certain COD launch, where the servers just broke on day one, but no one would say.

I'll do more testing with vive users later today and keep people posted!

:D

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 01:25 PM
Sorry for the late response. I did purchase through the oculus store (after getting a refund from the Ubisoft store...). I haven't been able to play since then, so I won't know until this evening if we will have issues again.

It seems to be working all of a sudden, well, I can see my friends in game that is! More testing to be done!

UbiCeeCee
05-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Hi all, this should be fixed. If you continue to experience any issues, please feel free to reach out :)

Natastr0phe
05-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Hi all, this should be fixed. If you continue to experience any issues, please feel free to reach out :)

Thank you so much. I can confirm that the issue is fixed, had a crash playing, but was fine other than that, great work. :D

CountZer0Divide
05-31-2017, 06:43 PM

All working here too. So much fun! But hard with only 2 players :)

BB_Coolcat
05-31-2017, 08:19 PM
Can also confirm: Issue seems fixed.

vautek
08-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Hi I am still having the problem I have friends playing and i am unable to invite them to play bridge crew