PDA

View Full Version : Combing Torpedos Nescecary AI ship models

Flydutch
08-16-2004, 07:17 AM
In order to get a little more realistic behavior from ships in this sim,

They should at least turn towards the direction torpedos are launched against them!

This was called "Combing Torpedos" because the ship would try to sail between the torpedos barage loosened by side by side A/C or Torpedo boats launching while sailing alongside.

Could the ships in PF get a simple AI model that will let them turn towards torpedo salvos, start zig zaging or turning circkels when under Dive-bomber attack?
Also speeding up or slowing down could dodge torpedos as if you read WWII Naval history happend a lot somethimes a whole squadron would score no hit at all if the Captain Kept a cool head,
Ofcourse generaly the bigger the Boat the less agile its moves.
(The Essex class Carriers were very responsive to the Helm)

the Fast and agile PT-Boats (Up to 46 knots!)would become very difficult and dangrous targets(40mm Bofors AAA onboard)even for straving Fighters!

Nice touch, let the Submarines Dive when attacked!

Flydutch
08-16-2004, 07:17 AM
In order to get a little more realistic behavior from ships in this sim,

They should at least turn towards the direction torpedos are launched against them!

This was called "Combing Torpedos" because the ship would try to sail between the torpedos barage loosened by side by side A/C or Torpedo boats launching while sailing alongside.

Could the ships in PF get a simple AI model that will let them turn towards torpedo salvos, start zig zaging or turning circkels when under Dive-bomber attack?
Also speeding up or slowing down could dodge torpedos as if you read WWII Naval history happend a lot somethimes a whole squadron would score no hit at all if the Captain Kept a cool head,
Ofcourse generaly the bigger the Boat the less agile its moves.
(The Essex class Carriers were very responsive to the Helm)

the Fast and agile PT-Boats (Up to 46 knots!)would become very difficult and dangrous targets(40mm Bofors AAA onboard)even for straving Fighters!

Nice touch, let the Submarines Dive when attacked!

McCallaway
08-16-2004, 09:41 AM
This was already brought up, and I still support the idea. IMO PF really need a more complex AI than FB, but I'm sure the devs are fully aware of this and will do or already did what was needed.

Flydutch
08-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Lets, Hope they do have time!

I am more then patient, If i can choose to buy a ad-on that is a enhancement over the existing sim in both Game play and realism.