PDA

View Full Version : After finishing story mode, I understand why japanese characters are over designed

radi0wantcandy
05-30-2017, 01:43 AM
So who's idea was it to make the Orochi the hero of the game, lmao

someone has a hard on for asian culture in the design team at ubi and all the exaggerated move sets are finally making sense to me now.

radi0wantcandy
05-30-2017, 01:45 AM
Oh, also, just scroll through the credits even at super speed observe the overwhelming majority of traditional asian last names

kweassa1917
05-30-2017, 01:57 AM
Oh, also, just scroll through the credits even at super speed observe the overwhelming majority of traditional asian last names

:rolleyes: Wait through any credit roll of movies you consider the epitome of "Western" or "European" or "American"... and watch how many Asians contribute to a good flick... not to mention Asians have been living in the West for more than 4 generations. Do you see someone with a surname of Irish orgin and speak them in Gaellic language or consider them Celts? Do you see German lineage surnames and address them as "Krauts"?

You actually saying that because a lot of people of Asian descent worked hard to make this game, that must be why they made Samurai classes OP?

You some kind of a racist? Is this what it's about?

Then how you gonna explain among the 4 classes the Knights had at launch, 3 of them were initially considered OP, 1 of them received a controversial buff around a couple patches ago, and the low-skill people whine their head off the 5th new class as being "ridiculously OP"? A lot of "white" people must have made it, so it must be showing a white supremacist agenda, huh? :rolleyes:

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 02:12 AM
Yet, until Shinobi was released, Samurai Heroes were the worst of the game, by far.

radi0wantcandy
05-30-2017, 02:19 AM
Yet, until Shinobi was released, Samurai Heroes were the worst of the game, by far.

After beating the game on hard, I finally used a samurai character in multiplayer...

Orochi is soo easy to play

jeppy83
05-30-2017, 02:52 AM

someone has a hard on for asian culture in the design team at ubi and all the exaggerated move sets are finally making sense to me now.

That is the most insignificant issue. Who cares really.

radi0wantcandy
05-30-2017, 03:10 AM
im not trying to broadcast an issue, just stating why a bias that I've noticed before makes perfect sense now

FledgeSRondo
05-30-2017, 07:05 AM
TBH I was completely surprised and a little disappointed by the end, I wholly expected that Apollyon's Castle would emerge as its own special, separate area independent of the faction chapters and that you'd be able to choose which hero you'd take into the final battle, it would have been wonderful to see different endings for each hero (I'd love to see the deserter Warden's showdown with Apollyon, or lighthearted Momiji's quips to such a daunting menace). Though I suppose it would have meant more programming, motion capture, scripting and voice recording, which they might not have budgeted for, I really left the campaign mode feeling it might have been shortened because of some project constraints, especially since many of the heroes went unplayable by story end (Nobushi, Berserker, Conqueror, etc., unless that's included in the multi-player campaign mode which I've yet to try out). Though, who knows, maybe more story chapters are planned for future DLC, I'd definitely be up for that.

One thing has to be said, though... Apollyon is probably the coolest final boss I've fought in a long while. A smidge campy, but such principled viciousness! Loved the voice acting all around, really unsung heroes of this game.

dekot11
05-30-2017, 07:13 AM
lmao, this game was designed with HEMA fanboys in mind. Look at who the top characters are. And there are way more white people names in the credits.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-30-2017, 10:35 AM
im not trying to broadcast an issue, just stating why a bias that I've noticed before makes perfect sense now

What bias? You are the one voicing your bias opinion.
Check many of your threads or responses,,total antagonistic fizzer.

Herbstlicht
05-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Another funny thread :-)

Ah well, some "mainstream" stuff will always sneak in every game, because you now what, pop-culture = popular culture. Thats the reason we got Vikings, Knights and Samurai! However, no side really was favored. I mean the campaign simply ended with the Samurai because the story was written that way. When it comes to hero choices, finally getting to play an assassin class hero in the end wasn't too bad either. Besides, the cast with Akuma and Momiji was the one I liked the most. And remember the Kensei hero admitting to be a "war criminal"? The Samurai faction isn't any better or worse off then the others. Maybe simply a little more self reflecting, with the knights clinging more to some ideals they could not uphold and the vikings giving a **** about this stuff. They take what they can of those weaker then them, that's their way of life.

Now when we come to balancing, it did need the Shinobi as an incredible strong 1on1 char and brawler for the Samurai to get upper tier balance-wise. Shugoki was strong due to his early oni rush, but it was crappy, unintended gameplay. But other then this, look what the real overpowered heroes have been / still are. I mean there is nothing to support your claim.

So, finally getting to the design aspect: what the hell do you mean with "over-designed"? We got stylized fighters inspired on historical warriors. Is the Warden overdesigned because he represents a knight so perfectly? Is the Raider overdesigned because he doesn't wear some armor? Is the Kensei overdesigned because he wears traditional samurai armor? What on Orochi's moveset is exaggerated?

Ulrichvonbek111
05-30-2017, 11:02 AM
Another funny thread :-)

Ah well, some "mainstream" stuff will always sneak in every game, because you now what, pop-culture = popular culture. Thats the reason we got Vikings, Knights and Samurai! However, no side really was favored. I mean the campaign simply ended with the Samurai because the story was written that way. When it comes to hero choices, finally getting to play an assassin class hero in the end wasn't too bad either. Besides, the cast with Akuma and Momiji was the one I liked the most. And remember the Kensei hero admitting to be a "war criminal"? The Samurai faction isn't any better or worse off then the others. Maybe simply a little more self reflecting, with the knights clinging more to some ideals they could not uphold and the vikings giving a **** about this stuff. They take what they can of those weaker then them, that's their way of life.

Now when we come to balancing, it did need the Shinobi as an incredible strong 1on1 char and brawler for the Samurai to get upper tier balance-wise. Shugoki was strong due to his early oni rush, but it was crappy, unintended gameplay. But other then this, look what the real overpowered heroes have been / still are. I mean there is nothing to support your claim.

So, finally getting to the design aspect: what the hell do you mean with "over-designed"? We got stylized fighters inspired on historical warriors. Is the Warden overdesigned because he represents a knight so perfectly? Is the Raider overdesigned because he doesn't wear some armor? Is the Kensei overdesigned because he wears traditional samurai armor? What on Orochi's moveset is exaggerated?

Here here,,well said.
Thank you 💮💮💮

CaTaStR0Fa
05-30-2017, 11:52 AM

I agree with you.This game in single player totally gives you the sense that samurais are the good ones Heroes and they want peace and other fanboy stuff.The knights where the ones who started the war and the vikings are the bad guys who kills and evade in other homelands for fun.

Pasan90
05-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Story mode was pretty bad, dissapointed that the selection of playable heroes was so small and that the final showdown was only with the orochi, arguably the faction that had the least beef with Appolyon. I would have preferred the Warden which would at least have given that character a bit of an arc. Also it was made easy by the OP feats. Heals and unblockable everplayable

I main Zerk and did not even get to play him in the campaign. Also there's a bunch of ornaments in the campaign that are not in multi for some reason. Like the winged valk.

FightingFerrets
05-30-2017, 12:41 PM

I just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and guess what...there were a significant amount of last names in the credits that looked Asian spelled. What's your point?

The story overall was a waste of potential. The tortured Warden would have made a great arc, even Mercy seemed to have a little wavering of faith as to what the Legions were doing. The viking campaign was laughable. At least delve into some creativity and give the "Raider" a name.

With the observables scattered around you know someone did some work building a back story and creating a fascinating world. There is potential to have a deep and engaging story line. Probably wishful thinking though. My favorite games are; The Last of Us, all the Uncharted's and H:ZD...all have deep sweeping stories so I guess I'm biased to that type of game. I see the potential to have that here though.

KaidzenMonada
05-30-2017, 01:02 PM
I just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and guess what...there were a significant amount of last names in the credits that looked Asian spelled. What's your point?

The story overall was a waste of potential. The tortured Warden would have made a great arc, even Mercy seemed to have a little wavering of faith as to what the Legions were doing. The viking campaign was laughable. At least delve into some creativity and give the "Raider" a name.

With the observables scattered around you know someone did some work building a back story and creating a fascinating world. There is potential to have a deep and engaging story line. Probably wishful thinking though. My favorite games are; The Last of Us, all the Uncharted's and H:ZD...all have deep sweeping stories so I guess I'm biased to that type of game. I see the potential to have that here though.

Did you really compared these games? OMG. Do you understand what a "story telling game with or without multiplayer" and a "multiplayer game with or without story" mean?