PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking (please respond UBI)

KalkPost
05-30-2017, 01:40 AM
Are there any plans to overhaul matchmaking?

These 2 little things could already help us and are not that hard to implement:

- Show each team's hero choice BEFORE the match starts, so we can decide what hero to use.
This would help a lot to setup more balanced matches. It is often really stupid how the classes are mixed.

- After a match ends, fill empty slots with new players BEFORE the next match starts.
It is annoying to start and have 2 bots in the team, where only 1 gets ever replaced by a human in the next round.

CHawkins27
05-30-2017, 01:42 AM
Are there any plans to overhaul matchmaking?

These 2 little things could already help us and are not that hard to implement:

- Show each team's hero choice BEFORE the match starts, so we can decide what hero to use.
This would help a lot to setup more balanced matches. It is often really stupid how the classes are mixed.

- After a match ends, fill empty slots with new players BEFORE the next match starts.
It is annoying to start and have 2 bots in the team, where only 1 gets ever replaced by a human in the next round.

They already attempted your second suggestion which is why we get thrown into games as they're ending. Didn't work as planned for them and they've been "looking into it" since the day they implemented it.

KalkPost
05-30-2017, 01:44 AM
They already attempted your second suggestion which is why we get thrown into games as they're ending. Didn't work as planned for them and they've been "looking into it" since the day they implemented it.

Hey, no they didn't. What they currently do is just starting the match and THEN trying to throw in people into running matches.
I never witnessed somebody showing up there within the 45 seconds to the next match. Not a single time.

CHawkins27
05-30-2017, 01:48 AM
Hey, no they didn't. What they currently do is just starting the match and THEN trying to throw in people into running matches.
I never witnessed somebody showing up there within the 45 seconds to the next match. Not a single time.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1643681-v1-06-Patch-(Updated)

"We also updated a few things server side for all platforms:

- Join In Progress enabled in start flow (game lobby)
This is aimed at replacing leaving players and keep the session going instead of kicking everyone back to the main menu."

KalkPost
05-30-2017, 01:50 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1643681-v1-06-Patch-(Updated)

"We also updated a few things server side for all platforms:

- Join In Progress enabled in start flow (game lobby)
This is aimed at replacing leaving players and keep the session going instead of kicking everyone back to the main menu."

Yeah, you ARE not kicked into main menu, BUT new people aren't also added.
At least on PS4, if 4 people leave no one is added before the match starts.

Then it CAN happen that a couple are added in round 2 and with some luck in round 1, but min. half stays bots.

CHawkins27
05-30-2017, 01:53 AM
Yeah, you ARE not kicked into main menu, BUT new people aren't also added.
At least on PS4, if 4 people leave no one is added before the match starts.

Then it CAN happen that a couple are added in round 2 and with some luck in round 1, but min. half stays bots.

Yea you're right I misunderstood it. Could have sworn they did it the way you suggested and it wasn't working. Not sure if I'm completely wrong or they did try it but since it wasn't working they did it the way it is now. Either way, I agree.