PDA

View Full Version : when implementing the leave penalty please do it intelligently

radi0wantcandy
05-29-2017, 09:54 PM
For example, take into account that if there is a registered disconnect or a failed host migration, or a connection to the host and a teammate is replaced by a bot, there should be no quit penalties after that point.

Most people select player vs player for a reason, if they wanted bots in game, they would have selected player vs AI.

pancakerz
05-29-2017, 10:42 PM
Another one that happens is that a party can get split up for no reason, where one person finds a game and the other(s) aren't able to join. When that happens, you don't actually have the option to quit until the match actually loads and starts (unless you alt+f4). So that's a legitimate reason to quit a match in my opinion.

CHawkins27
05-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Apparently "they've said multiple times that the game knows the difference between a disconnect and a quit". At the same time, the game doesn't know the difference between a game about to end and a game just starting; so instead of joining a game in lobbies when people leave, you actually get thrown into games that are ending. So they can say that it's gonna be a good update without problems but we all know how updates go with this game.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 11:05 PM
It's already not being done intelligently as they have numerous other issues that should be fixed before a leaver penalty is implemented. Just to give one of the many, sometimes when people load into a match they are stuck in a birds-eye view of the map and can't do anything about it except leave the match. So now this person has to suffer a penalty due to the games technical flaws and lacking features that have been a problem since release? Or he can sit in that game as I think you can still move around, but be completely useless to the team. He might as well since he will get rewards at least instead of a leaver penalty which will likely involve a time out so you can't queue right away.

This is only one of the many reason why a leaver penalty is a terrible idea at this point and a minor one in comparison at that.

Herbstlicht
05-29-2017, 11:23 PM
I think they need map preferences soon as well. I hate some maps. Or say I rather dislike the way some places play on some maps.

But all In all quitting sucks, 4on4 with shinobi and especially cent sucks - because the freakin amount of cc currently in this game sucks.