PDA

View Full Version : Cent Kick Stun, Should not be there

Existentialmeme
05-29-2017, 06:31 PM
Like the title, I can accept his upper cut move can stun you as he is hitting you in the head, like raider, kensei, and Warlords stun.
But why does his kick has stun as well? with this logic shouldn't all the characters that has kicks have stun also?
The kick itself is already fast, you can dodge it and maybe sometimes punish if you're fast enough, but one successful kick stuns you, and he can easily get a combo that takes half your health.

Knight_Raime
05-29-2017, 06:49 PM
It doesn't need to be there anyway. it doesn't benefit him in the slightest. If his heavy after a kick is blocked he can still jab after anyway.

Hormly
05-29-2017, 07:04 PM
also if i dodge the thing give me a guardbreak

Knight_Raime
05-29-2017, 07:24 PM
also if i dodge the thing give me a guardbreak

technically you do unless they que an attack. most do.

Epoqx
05-29-2017, 09:12 PM
U can dodge the kick, and if you keep in mind that the kick can only give a guaranteed light, it means that if he kicks he will either queue the light, then you get a free GB, or queue de Heavy, where u get a free parry. The timing is strict for the heavy after keep, meaning that you can't really react to it after kick.

The punch, any punch, is dodgeable and guarantees the defender a GB.

Existentialmeme
05-30-2017, 04:43 AM
U can dodge the kick, and if you keep in mind that the kick can only give a guaranteed light, it means that if he kicks he will either queue the light, then you get a free GB, or queue de Heavy, where u get a free parry. The timing is strict for the heavy after keep, meaning that you can't really react to it after kick.

The punch, any punch, is dodgeable and guarantees the defender a GB.

That not what I'm arguing here, read it again please...
It just seems like he has more abilities simply because he's a character you have to buy, which is kind of not fair considering the game already costs $60.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:52 AM
Like the title, I can accept his upper cut move can stun you as he is hitting you in the head, like raider, kensei, and Warlords stun.
But why does his kick has stun as well? with this logic shouldn't all the characters that has kicks have stun also?
The kick itself is already fast, you can dodge it and maybe sometimes punish if you're fast enough, but one successful kick stuns you, and he can easily get a combo that takes half your health.

While I get what you are saying I can tell you have never been kicked in the gut. You don't necessarily need to be smacked in the head to be "Stunned". Having the breath knocked out of you because some drunk cowboy took offense to your joke is just as debilitating as a punch to the face trust me.

You can argue whether or not the stun is balanced, but the logic behind it is sound.

Existentialmeme
05-30-2017, 05:02 AM
While I get what you are saying I can tell you have never been kicked in the gut. You don't necessarily need to be smacked in the head to be "Stunned". Having the breath knocked out of you because some drunk cowboy took offense to your joke is just as debilitating as a punch to the face trust me.

You can argue whether or not the stun is balanced, but the logic behind it is sound.

then a lot of the other kicks should have stun as well, Nobushi's double kick will for sure knock the wind out of you as well.
also Thanks~ :)

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 05:25 AM
then a lot of the other kicks should have stun as well, Nobushi's double kick will for sure knock the wind out of you as well.
also Thanks~ :)

I classify her "kick" as more of a push. A dainty little woman casually kick/pushing me shouldn't have the same effect as a 7ft tall Gladiator Sparta kicking me in the gut.

Also while we are at it I say that the Warlords Headbutt should stun both him and his opponent

Existentialmeme
05-30-2017, 07:36 AM
I classify her "kick" as more of a push. A dainty little woman casually kick/pushing me shouldn't have the same effect as a 7ft tall Gladiator Sparta kicking me in the gut.

Also while we are at it I say that the Warlords Headbutt should stun both him and his opponent

LOL the warlord idea would be great xDDD
I see your point :)

DrinkinMyStella
05-30-2017, 10:31 AM
your only guaranteed a light anyway so its not a big deal.

Danioku
05-30-2017, 10:41 AM
but one successful kick stuns you, and he can easily get a combo that takes half your health.

and all your stamina.

At that point he will keep trying either kick or GB you and if you fail just once you are dead.

So basically max 2 mistakes and you lost the fight.

And this was the second most reetarded hero after Shinobi

Existentialmeme
05-30-2017, 10:58 AM
your only guaranteed a light anyway so its not a big deal.

Or, you know, he can go for regular heavy, jump heavy, charged heavy with a pretty high success rate because you're still stunned, which means you won't be able to see the indicator, and let the combo and stamina drain begin

DrinkinMyStella
05-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Or, you know, he can go for regular heavy, jump heavy, charged heavy with a pretty high success rate because you're still stunned, which means you won't be able to see the indicator, and let the combo and stamina drain begin

i have never been able to hit anyone with a heavy after a kick because its too predictable stunned or not stunned so for me a heavy is not viable after a kick, make it light and the you have more chance of starting a chain.