PDA

View Full Version : Delay when trying to pop revenge.

vgrimr_J
05-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Anybody else having this? you just press the button and nothing happens it also seems that it doesn't autoparry sometimes

CHawkins27
05-29-2017, 04:37 PM
I've really only seen this problem relating to the new characters. Like playing shinobi my revenge only pops if I'm not being attacked (most of the time), or if I'm getting smacked by a centurion it won't pop until i get off the ground. Haven't really played any of the original characters to know about them.

razabak10mm
05-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Ive noticed this too. Seems like it comes a bit to late at times. Just enough for you to get killed. I'm guessing it's related to this: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1677768-Anyone-noticing-buttons-not-responding-on-xbox

Also Cent completely ignoring the knockback on revenge is annoying as fk.

Blasto95
05-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Certain moves leave you stunned. Not sure if it's intended or not. But I'm pretty sure when the centurion knocks you down, you can't pop revenge until someone hits you or you get up. There are other causes of this as well.

vgrimr_J
05-29-2017, 06:15 PM
i am talking about when you get the revenge and you are not downed or stunned by perssing y on xbox it does nothing you just have to smash that button in order it to pop

C.More
05-29-2017, 06:45 PM
i am talking about when you get the revenge and you are not downed or stunned by perssing y on xbox it does nothing you just have to smash that button in order it to pop
Yes, I've noticed that. This seems to happen since release of season 2.

Edit: xbox

FledgeSRondo
05-29-2017, 07:11 PM
So it's not just me, then! I've noticed too, I'll pop revenge but attacks that should normally be auto-parried during Revenge Activation aren't (e.g. Orochi heavy attacks), so instead of knocking down opponents you eat the hits. At first I thought it might be some weird latency but it's been happening pretty regularly since S2 started, enough to raise my eyebrows and make me wonder if I should upload a video and ask about it. I hope this isn't actually a thing.

DecoyAssist
05-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Me too. Xbox.

Orochi goes right through it, three times so far. LB can have his way with me too it seems.

3&4v1 - Conq, PK, Shinobi Beserker v Warden. Only Beserker got parried. I was dead before he got up.

I guess it adds a touch of realism to the game....

razabak10mm
05-29-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm glad someone is bringing this up, and that I'm not the only one seeing it.

A couple weeks back I got one shot a couple times in a match. I started noticing it every once in awhile. I thought it was possibly a mechanic I didn't know about and didn't say anything cause I figured I'd just get the "git gud" response which is pretty much standard on the forums. We all know how that turned out.

This and the weird controller input things happening on console need to be addressed.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 11:46 PM
There are definitely times when I have tried to activate revenge for a solid 1 or 2 seconds just mashing Y and it doesn't pop. Usually when I am taking multiple hits and then die trying to activate for 1 or 2 seconds beforehand or something, but not CC'd by anything like shugo grab, long arm or anything like that. Also very common when I do activate revenge it does not do the parry effect on incoming attacks. Just get hit right through it. I would guess latency but when you take 2 -3 hits in succession on after the other all during your revenge pop animation and none of them get parried it's hard to think the latency is that bad. I've seen this happening pretty much since launch. I play on PC with Xbox controller.