PDA

View Full Version : Adding the leaver penalty at this current stage isn't the best idea.

Darkeater.Midir
05-29-2017, 02:19 PM
First off, let me say, don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor on a leaver penalty. Whether it be a 10% drop in your W/L or even a temp ban on joining that mode again, but...

This game would dwindle even further than it already has if you do this. From my experience, a large chunk of the community will leave games, especially in Dominion and 1v1 and as of right now, it's justified. Shinobi, Centurion, Warden, Warlord, PK, etc, etc. all need fixing or the other champs need to be caught up.

We have too many different balance issues which are killing the state of the game. Let's talk 1v1. Kensei is the weakest, lowest tier hero. Take a DECENT Kensei player for example (all MLG Kensei jokes aside): Naturally, he/she FOR THE MOST PART wouldn't be able to compete with any hero that's higher than A+ tier. He/She'd be getting shafted by your terrible balancing alone. Should he/she be punished for using one of the heroes you designed and getting obliterated by one of these S tier heroes? Should he/she just keep taking losses resulting in the player quitting the game? Or should he/she quit playing Kensei until you decide to fix your game? The latter (or Quit) is basically what you're incentivising by making this adjustment RIGHT NOW and that clearly isn't healthy for the state of the game. This goes for every low tier Hero.

In Dominion/Elimination it should be pretty simple to understand why this wouldn't be a good idea. New players (if those even exist in For Honor anymore) could join a match expecting it to be fair and fun. Yet they'll either get a full team of 144 GS Warden/WL/PK/Nobu or Centurion/Shinobi while they're in grey or blue. Whatever the mix will be that itself just isn't fair and justifies a leave. What if the player gets put into an already losing game? How's that fair?

TLDR;
I could rant on and on about why it wouldn't make sense.
I'm highly in agreement with a leaver penalty if it's justifiable. Sadly, in the current stage of For Honor, it's not.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Yeah that's pretty much the opinion of everyone except a loud whiny few. Leaver penalties are good, a must in ranked, but that assumes the game is playable. Between balance, bugs, and bad match making you have to quit games here and there, and now people will be punished for it too? A lot of people will go play something else.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:19 PM
again i support this 100percent IN RANKED not in this current state of the game

WHat ranked ? The game is so broken they delayed the ranked games LOL.

Meanwhile injustice 2 showed us how to properly do a fighting game ROFL

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:23 PM
WHat ranked ? The game is so broken they delayed the ranked games LOL.

Meanwhile injustice 2 showed us how to properly do a fighting game ROFL

I want to pick up injustice 2 but I'm completely turned off of it by deadshot and darkseid. Spammy zoners make fighting games so boring and tedious

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:26 PM
I want to pick up injustice 2 but I'm completely turned off of it by deadshot and darkseid. Spammy zoners make fighting games so boring and tedious

I would love to buy it, but unfortunately is for console only.

Yes I agree, spam is boring but i've seen plenty of injustice 2 gameplay, at least you cannot turtle up ad infinitum to troll your opponent. And seems overall better designed than FH. At least people there PLAY

CHawkins27
05-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Only problem with the penalty is getting disconnected from games would probably count towards you leaving. Say the penalty is a 2 hour ban after leaving 2 games in less than an hour, you get disconnected from 2 games and bam you're banned for 2 hours. I like the idea of the penalty but right now I think they should get the servers stable enough so half the community doesn't get banned from disconnecting.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:31 PM
I would love to buy it, but unfortunately is for console only.

Yes I agree, spam is boring but i've seen plenty of injustice 2 gameplay, at least you cannot turtle up ad infinitum to troll your opponent. And seems overall better designed than FH. At least people there PLAY

Good point. Can be no worse than shin kick spam

CandleInTheDark
05-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Only problem with the penalty is getting disconnected from games would probably count towards you leaving. Say the penalty is a 2 hour ban after leaving 2 games in less than an hour, you get disconnected from 2 games and bam you're banned for 2 hours. I like the idea of the penalty but right now I think they should get the servers stable enough so half the community doesn't get banned from disconnecting.

They have said, multiple times, the game knows the difference between quitting and being disconnected, I believe they said that was why it was delayed from the last time they had for it coming in, to iron out the last of the bugs.

Wolf-Heathen
05-29-2017, 05:41 PM
They have said, multiple times, the game knows the difference between quitting and being disconnected, I believe they said that was why it was delayed from the last time they had for it coming in, to iron out the last of the bugs.

Right, because they have done such a good job with releasing bug free patches....lol

Knight_Raime
05-29-2017, 06:18 PM
I'll respectfully disagree.
We need it sooner than later.
People who quit run the possibility of booting one or more of the other players. sometimes even ending the game due to how the system is setup.
It really doesn't matter what is or isn't justifiable. This problem will exist no matter how well they stabalize the system. and they physically can't change to a new system now.

The only "justifiable" point right now is the MM argument. you know. matching into premades as a solo. Or running into high gear score players. They are already working on that.
The next MM update is supposed to take into account your accounts overall reputation. along with some other factors to reduce the likely hood of you running into high geared players.
and they already made gear massively less important.

Like you mentioned the population isn't stable enough. So we can't afford splitting it into solo que/group que. But they can and probably will make that solo matching into a group less likely. but it's still going to be possible. Because they can't allienate group players. they deserve to play just as often as you do.

Balance isn't a reason. i'm sorry it's just not. Things will never be perfectly balanced. there is always going to be someone the community deems the worst. Or the best/overpowered. Bugs will continue to show up as long as further tweaks are made to the game and heros be brought in. it's something people need to accept or just stop playing.

If we were playing any other game arguments against a quit penalty would have ground. but the simple fact that quitting can actually end a game for others is the only reason we need to state to get a quitter penalty in asap. it's just that way.

Knight_Raime
05-29-2017, 06:45 PM
again this has to do with the incompetent servers they have if it was dedicated anyone could come and go and it would be fine.

It really doesn't matter because nothing can be done about that now. So arguing over what system would be better is pointless.
We have to look at the situation as is right now. and the situation is that people who habitually quit will ruin the game for one person or more eventually due to them physically ending the match for others.
a quitters penalty is the only way to absolve this.

Epoqx
05-29-2017, 08:45 PM

You do realise that FH has nothing to do in the classical fighting games category ?

Don't compare Tekken, MK, Injustice or w/e traditional fighting game with a new innovative genre inspired in part by fighting games.

The whole FH design and mechanics are entirely new.

Do to all of these novelties, and much bigger graphical work, it is way harder to balance a game like that.

Also because the game cannot copy traditionnal balance from any other game.

Darkeater.Midir
05-30-2017, 01:43 AM
Bump. I really hope one of the team sees this as it's really just not a good idea to implement right now.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 02:06 AM
Bump. I really hope one of the team sees this as it's really just not a good idea to implement right now.

1. Bumping your thread is against forum regulations, even if you think that what you have to say is so "incredibly" important
2. Quit penality will be applied, and the majority want that
3. The fixes you mentioned do require attention and many things must be fixed, but that has nothing to do with leaver penalty.

Discussing balance, classes, frustrating issues is one thing. Quit penalty is another thing. That punishes the childish behavior of the leavers. Enjoy your game.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:13 AM
1. Bumping your thread is against forum regulations, even if you think that what you have to say is so "incredibly" important
2. Quit penality will be applied, and the majority want that
3. The fixes you mentioned do require attention and many things must be fixed, but that has nothing to do with leaver penalty.

Discussing balance, classes, frustrating issues is one thing. Quit penalty is another thing. That punishes the childish behavior of the leavers. Enjoy your game.

Actually it does. Those problems are the exact reason you see people RQ so frequently. This is a bandaid and a crappy one at that.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 02:16 AM
Could not disagree more.

The faster Ragequitters get penalized the sooner the game can get on the right track.

KalkPost
05-30-2017, 02:20 AM
Could not disagree more.

The faster Ragequitters get penalized the sooner the game can get on the right track.

Ragequitting comes from frustration. I would rather remove frustrating elements like matchmaking issues, game-breaking bugs and imbalances before touching this.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 02:20 AM
Actually it does. Those problems are the exact reason you see people RQ so frequently. This is a bandaid and a crappy one at that.

Nah, you are wrong. And that's why it will be applied even if you don't like it. You have a technical issue? Sure take it up to the tech team or let's talk about it here to see how we can help eachother. You have balance issues? You don't like the crappy matchmaking? Sure we can discuss that too. You are rage quitting. That's only your fault. You can throw in any reason you like for doing it, people just don't care.

Balance is a game related issue

Rage quitting is an issue related to the behavior of the leaver. And it's unfair towards the rest of the community who don't behave like that.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:28 AM
Nah, you are wrong. And that's why it will be applied even if you don't like it. You have a technical issue? Sure take it up to the tech team or let's talk about it here to see how we can help eachother. You have balance issues? You don't like the crappy matchmaking? Sure we can discuss that too. You are rage quitting. That's only your fault. You can throw in any reason you like for doing it, people just don't care.

Balance is a game related issue

Rage quitting is an issue related to the behavior of the leaver. And it's unfair towards the rest of the community who don't behave like that.

What am I wrong about? The connection, balance, and match making sucks. Do you think people would quit the game the exact same amount if they were fixed?

UbiJurassic
05-30-2017, 02:29 AM

Thanks for leaving your thoughts on the upcoming quit penalty, Midir. Those are all valid concerns, but we still believe that adding this penalty is in the game's best interest. Balance is always going to be something is constantly contested by the community and we will adjacently work with players to achieve the best balance possible. This will of course take time and will also change as new heroes are released. Matchmaking imbalance is also something we will continue to work on. With the start of season 2, we have tried to close the vast gap between gear levels while also seeking to make sure that earning loot and leveling up is worthwhile for the player.

(Also great DS3 name)

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 02:34 AM

You honestly believe them when they say this? Cause I think UBI has more or less proven something gets lost inbetween what they actually know and what they THINK they know about their game. Whether it's the balance updates, or the bug fixes that don't fix anything or just create more problems. Or whatever other issues there have been, faction war rewards come to mind. Not to mention even if the game can tell the difference to some extent I won't be surprised if there are still many times when someone crashes or DC or the PC itself may crash that the game won't know what is going on and just chalk it up as a quit.

Also what about the issues in the game that pretty much make it unplayable and you only option is to quit that match? Numerous times I have loaded into a match and been stuck in a birds eye view of the map, I think I can still move my character but my view remains over the map and as such I have to quit. I've also had an issue, and I think I know how it happens, whenever my controller is unplugged from the PC and I launch the game and plug it in afterwards the matches for some reason are inexplicably and unplayably laggy/choppy and the only way to fix it is quit the game entirely and launch the game again with the controller already plugged in. I am sure there are many other technical issues that can't be remedied unless you quit the match.

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 02:35 AM
Ragequitting comes from frustration. I would rather remove frustrating elements

Smartest comment yet on this whole discussion.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 02:35 AM
Thanks for leaving your thoughts on the upcoming quit penalty, Midir. Those are all valid concerns, but we still believe that adding this penalty is in the game's best interest. Balance is always going to be something is constantly contested by the community and we will adjacently work with players to achieve the best balance possible. This will of course take time and will also change as new heroes are released. Matchmaking imbalance is also something we will continue to work on. With the start of season 2, we have tried to close the vast gap between gear levels while also seeking to make sure that earning loot and leveling up is worthwhile for the player.

(Also great DS3 name)

How about all the technical issues that can't be dealt with without quitting out of a match? Are we expected to sit in that match in an unplayable state giving our team a handicap and likely a loss just so we can avoid the leaver penalty? How about the situations when playing with friends and one of you crashes. Now you have to play this match out while your friend/s wait. Also what if people in general quit/crash and the game is passed the limit for bot slots to be filled. Now you have to endure an unfun and losing experience or else you get penalized?

How bout fixing the issues that lead to the ragequitting and further negative effects of such on the others in the match before implementing a penalty to see how things settle?

UbiJurassic
05-30-2017, 02:39 AM
How about all the technical issues that can't be dealt with without quitting out of a match? Are we expected to sit in that match in an unplayable state giving our team a handicap and likely a loss just so we can avoid the leaver penalty?

Releasing stability updates are still a priority for the development team. Again, these patches will take time, but we are looking to get them into the hands of players as soon as they are ready.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 02:40 AM
What am I wrong about? The connection, balance, and match making sucks. Do you think people would quit the game the exact same amount if they were fixed?

You are wrong because you fail to see the point of it. That's why it is a necessity for the penalty to be applied because the reasons for negative behavior is irrelevant.

People:
-Quit because of the matchmaking
-Quit because they don't like someone spamming God knows what and they are frustrated
-Quit because there are multiple Centurions in the other team
-Quit because they are losing the match
-Quit because the current match is not fun according to their standards
-Quit because their cat scratched their foot
-Quit out of hope to break the game right before the score screen for the winning team
-Quit because they had a bad day

There are tons and tons of excuses people bring up as "reasons" to act like idiots
And as it was said it is in the best interest of the game to have a quit penalty. You feel frustrated? You had a bad day? You don't play. Only play if you feel emotionally stable enough to play.

S0Mi_xD
05-30-2017, 02:42 AM
Ragequitting comes from frustration. I would rather remove frustrating elements like matchmaking issues, game-breaking bugs and imbalances before touching this.

Yep, you are right - Ragequitting comes from frustration, but don't forget having a short temper. I already said something about this issue in an other thread.

Let me explain to you what is the root problem with ragequitters.

The main issue why people ragequit is very simple.

They can't take a loss.

Thats the core issue of the majority of ragequitters (but not of all).

People are quitting befor it starts when: (i will call them Main-Quitter) (let's say around 80% of all quitters are those Main-quitter)
1. They see the gear stats/ rep of the enemy team
2. They see a Hero they can't handle (calling them "OP")
After it started:
3. Core issue - they start to lose
4. They feel steam rolled / ganked etc

Those excuses imply the core issue.
The enemy has better gear / more experience / plays a char they have a hard time against / a char who has the potential to troll easier -> this means: the match will be harder for them, the possibility that they can lose is higher.

Let's say, you can't see gear stats and rep.
The main-quitter will stay at the beginning, but they ALWAYS be quitting if the match isn't going their way -> means if they are losing / an enemy is better they will quit anyway.

And this core issue is something that Ubi can't change.
For those ppl the quit penalty will be made.

People who are leaving because of Main-Quitter (the Follower) (around 10% of quitters)
Those are people who are leaving because they are left alone, or feel intiminated because the player amount is imbalanced after a Main-quitter left.
They are leaving not in first line because of taking a possible loss, they are leaving because they are scared the match will be unfair. (I do sometimes think, that a bot will do better than a potential ragequitter noob :P but thats just MO)
Those people wouldn't quit if nobody quits befor them.

The last 10% are people who actually have a reason to leave:
- if the game is unplayable due to laggs
- if they need to go becaue the real life calls them
- if they go afk to long, because of real life, and so on :D
- oh and also if people want to avoid certain player, who are playing very cheesy (most of the time it is the case in 1v1 or 2v2)

So in general, to work against ragequitting by taking away this frustration - just make everyone a winner, or give those ragequitter a Yoga course.

Dude, let me explain it to you with an example.

Let's take the current 1-shot bug:
- This is a specific issue, so the devs have some reference points wherer to start to search for the error in the gamecode.
-> that means such bugs are easier adressed and corrected
- also this bug/glitch has a high priority because it is a big threat to the experience of the game.

in compare to this, the flicker bug:
- in general it is the same like about
- the difference here is the priority, the flicker bug does sure make it harder to reacter properly to Zone attacks, but it doesn't one shot you, so they are taking their time to fix it - also there are other things that have higher priority.

But now about connectivty:
This is a point where they need time to gather informations and to find the possible errors in the coding or elsewhere.
This is a process over time. If a connection error happens, you can send it to ubi to help them, so they can see where this error occured or which error it was.
Also it's not done by just rewriting it one time and then it is fixed, they need to rewrite it -> implent it and see if it works or not, and this process they do over and over, so they testing which settings are the best of a good stability.

In short a leaver penalty would eliminate MOST of the error occuring due to Ragequitting, and there will be those errors left which are fault by the game itself.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:44 AM
You are wrong because you fail to see the point of it. That's why it is a necessity for the penalty to be applied because the reasons for negative behavior is irrelevant.

People:
-Quit because they don't like someone spamming God knows what and they are frustrated
-Quit out of hope to break the game right before the score screen for the winning team

There are tons and tons of excuses people bring up as "reasons" to act like idiots
And as it was said it is in the best interest of the game to have a quit penalty. You feel frustrated? You had a bad day? You don't play. Only play if you feel emotionally stable enough to play.

I'm not missing your point and you are dodging the question. Do you think people would quit the exact same amount if they actually fixed the game?

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 02:46 AM
I'm not missing your point and you are dodging the question. Do you think people would quit the exact same amount if they actually fixed the game?

Short answer: Yes.
Because people can use any "reason" for leaving a game and potentially breaking it if there is no penalty.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 02:47 AM

The same amount? Of course not.

Would people still throw hissy fits over dying and losing? Of course they would.

This way the amount of people leaving is reduced immediately and that is a good thing whether you see it that way or not. As Jurassic stated on the previous page the stability and balance updates will come as soon as they can, but the penalty system is already done so thats coming first.

You people keep acting like after the penalty system is in place they will NEVER fix the rest of the game. You also keep trying to make the point that SOMETIMES its okay to ragequit (Its not) and even if it WAS okay (Its not) that doesn't excuse the other occasions of people leaving for no other reason than the fact they got killed and are butthurt about it.

So penalties are coming and as Jurassic said that because the DEVS think it needs to happen and the community wants it. You people are simply yalling at clouds at this point.

Duuklah
05-30-2017, 02:47 AM
First off, let me say, don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor on a leaver penalty. Whether it be a 10% drop in your W/L or even a temp ban on joining that mode again, but...

This game would dwindle even further than it already has if you do this. From my experience, a large chunk of the community will leave games, especially in Dominion and 1v1 and as of right now, it's justified. Shinobi, Centurion, Warden, Warlord, PK, etc, etc. all need fixing or the other champs need to be caught up.

We have too many different balance issues which are killing the state of the game. Let's talk 1v1. Kensei is the weakest, lowest tier hero. Take a DECENT Kensei player for example (all MLG Kensei jokes aside): Naturally, he/she FOR THE MOST PART wouldn't be able to compete with any hero that's higher than A+ tier. He/She'd be getting shafted by your terrible balancing alone. Should he/she be punished for using one of the heroes you designed and getting obliterated by one of these S tier heroes? Should he/she just keep taking losses resulting in the player quitting the game? Or should he/she quit playing Kensei until you decide to fix your game? The latter (or Quit) is basically what you're incentivising by making this adjustment RIGHT NOW and that clearly isn't healthy for the state of the game. This goes for every low tier Hero.

In Dominion/Elimination it should be pretty simple to understand why this wouldn't be a good idea. New players (if those even exist in For Honor anymore) could join a match expecting it to be fair and fun. Yet they'll either get a full team of 144 GS Warden/WL/PK/Nobu or Centurion/Shinobi while they're in grey or blue. Whatever the mix will be that itself just isn't fair and justifies a leave. What if the player gets put into an already losing game? How's that fair?

TLDR;
I could rant on and on about why it wouldn't make sense.
I'm highly in agreement with a leaver penalty if it's justifiable. Sadly, in the current stage of For Honor, it's not.

This is 100% correct...

We are years away from balance in For Honor. A leaver penalty makes no sense and will make things a lot more upsetting when faced with extreme imbalance.

Things WERE improving, but with the release of the Cent and the Shin all their progress was shot to hell.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:48 AM
Short answer: Yes.
Because people can use any "reason" for leaving a game and potentially breaking it if there is no penalty.

Oh so I see, we aren't even having a reasonable and legitimate conversation. No problem thanks for letting me know now. Have a good one.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:49 AM
The same amount? Of course not.

Would people still throw hissy fits over dying and losing? Of course they would.

This way the amount of people leaving is reduced immediately and that is a good thing whether you see it that way or not.

And instead you'll have people who get banned and just decide not to comeback shrinking the player base or people who throw the matches that aren't going their way.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 02:50 AM
This is 100% correct...

We are years away from balance in For Honor. A leaver penalty makes no sense and will make things a lot more upsetting when faced with extreme imbalance.

Things WERE improving, but with the release of the Cent and the Shin all their progress was shot to hell.

Riiiiiight..... Then put yourself in my shoes. I have to put up with the same matchmaking (duh, I play the same game), but I ALSO have to put up with quitters at the same time. As soon as the quit penalty is in place the game is already better, even if many issues still have to be resolved

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 02:52 AM
And instead you'll have people who get banned and just decide not to comeback shrinking the player base or people who throw the matches that aren't going their way.

Good.

That means the people who wasted peoples time before are now being forced to waste their own time by throwing matches and the people who throw hissy fits like children and leave repeatedly will stop playing the game.

Ragequitters get to be pissed and frustrated and the community loses its most toxic members.

Thats a win win from where I am standing.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 02:54 AM

I don't think they will be banned. More likely they don't get any rewards for a day or more, so no steel income from matches. But then again, if you think that a LARGE majority of the playerbase are rage quitters, you are GRAVELY mistaking. Rage quitters are minority. But their idiot behavior is affecting the games of the normal players who are not hysterical like them

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 02:56 AM

I would add they quit because the game in progress they just joined have their team losing by more than 300 points.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:58 AM
Good.

That means the people who wasted peoples time before are now being forced to waste their own time by throwing matches and the people who throw hissy fits like children and leave repeatedly will stop playing the game.

Ragequitters get to be pissed and frustrated and the community loses its most toxic members.

Thats a win win from where I am standing.

Yeah people running to the enemy team to give them free kills and smaller a playerbase is a win win. You know what would be better than people being forced to stay in a game they don't want to be in? Fix the game so it doesn't crash when they leave. Why would I want some dead weight to stay in a fight if he doesn't want to? Bots are better than half the people that play this game anyway.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 02:59 AM
I would add they quit because the game in progress they just joined have their team losing by more than 300 points.

This pisses me off more than any other ragequitting situation.

When some jackhole on my team throws a hissy and leaves because he got killed and the game FINALLY replaces the BOT with someone and the game is still within reach and then THAT jackhole leaves immediately because he was butthurt he wasn't spawned into an instant win.

You wasted your own time and now you wasted my teams only decent chance at a comeback because NOW the match has progressed too far for the BOT to be replaced again.

Wanna punch those people in the throat.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:01 AM
I don't think they will be banned. More likely they don't get any rewards for a day or more, so no steel income from matches. But then again, if you think that a LARGE majority of the playerbase are rage quitters, you are GRAVELY mistaking. Rage quitters are minority. But their idiot behavior is affecting the games of the normal players who are not hysterical like them

I agree they are the minority and I agree that it sucks that the games are crashing as a result of them bailing but that's really the fault of the developers that the game crashes not the rage quitters. I can't think of another game that has these kind of issues the second someone jumps ship because they are losing but you guys are all acting like it's par for the course.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:03 AM
Yeah people running to the enemy team to give them free kills and smaller a playerbase is a win win. You know what would be better than people being forced to stay in a game they don't want to be in? Fix the game so it doesn't crash when they leave. Why would I want some dead weight to stay in a fight if he doesn't want to? Bots are better than half the people that play this game anyway.

Again: Nobody "forced" you to play the game. The same way nobody forces me to play the game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:04 AM

Thats where we fundamentally disagree.

I don't care. If you queue up for a game then you stay in that game win or lose. By leaving you are ruining the game for other players and not just by possibly risking the lobby crashing

- Now your team is stuck with a BOT so its basically a 3v4 now because the BOT is gonna be handing them easy kills

- If its past a certain point in the match the BOT isn't going to be replaced

- Even f the BOT is replaced now you are forcing some guy to be spawned into a losing match and then he will either leave or take a loss he had no part in

- If the guy DOES leave now the match has progressed too far for the BOT to be replaced at all.

I. Don't. Give. A. Single. Watery. Fart. About your reasons for wanting to leave. I don't care if you are getting destroyed. I don't care if the enemy team is tanking your K/D. I don't care if you keep getting ganked. I don't care if you think they are playing unfairly. I don't care if they are teabagging your headless corpse.

You leave? You get penalized. End of Story. Thank god the Devs and the Community agrees.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:04 AM
Again: Nobody "forced" you to play the game. The same way nobody forces me to play the game.

Didn't say force to play, I said forced to stay and yeah that's what they are doing with the penalty.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 03:06 AM
I agree they are the minority and I agree that it sucks that the games are crashing as a result of them bailing but that's really the fault of the developers that the game crashes not the rage quitters. I can't think of another game that has these kind of issues the second someone jumps ship because they are losing but you guys are all acting like it's par for the course.

It's because they are actually the ones raging more than anyone and they are desperate for any kind of fix. So UBI has dangled this penalty in front of them and they have become completely short-sighted and are just happy to have even a placebo. It's a little sad really.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:12 AM

I don't care. If you queue up for a game then you stay in that game win or lose. By leaving you are ruining the game for other players and not just by possibly risking the lobby crashing

- Now your team is stuck with a BOT so its basically a 3v4 now because the BOT is gonna be handing them easy kills

- Even f the BOT is replaced now you are forcing some guy to be spawned into a losing match and then he will either leave or take a loss he had no part in

- If the guy DOES leave now the match has progressed too far for the BOT to be replaced at all.

I. Don't. Give. A. Single. Watery. Fart. About your reasons for wanting to leave.

You leave? You get penalized. Thank god the Devs agree.

Bots handing them free kills like the guy who is going to actively throw the crappy match he is in so he can move onto the next quicker? The reasons are why it happens though, you aren't fixing the ailment by doing this you are just hiding it. What about the bug where your entire screen goes black? What about the bug where you are locked onto a birds eye view of the map? What about the new one shot exploits? You are making excuses and letting ubi get off with crap that no other playerbase puts up with. Yes those dudes suck who bail at the last minute or really anytime but you have to ask why to stop it. I found out my cholesterol sucks really bad, should I ask why and address those problems or should I just sweep it under the rug?

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:13 AM
Didn't say force to play, I said forced to stay and yeah that's what they are doing with the penalty.

Well my definition of playing it means staying in it. Not "trying it out".
There are loads of multiplayer games with 40 minutes or more for a single match.

This 10 minute or even less match is nothing.

But that's beside the point.
I also have concerns about balance issues MANY times.
I also have problems on how gear stats are distributed, I made threads about that on Steam Forums.
I have problems with many things and I bring that up, since I like the game and I would love to see many things fixed.

But that doesn't give me any reason to leave matches, potentially break the game for other players. I'm doing what I can.
the reasons to act like that are made up. I knew what problems we currently are facing even before I started up the game. But why would I rage quit? That is completely unrelated. If I rage quit, the game will magically be fixed the next time I start up a match?

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 03:18 AM

I. Don't. Give. A. Single. Watery. Fart. About your reasons for wanting to leave. I don't care if you are getting destroyed. I don't care if the enemy team is tanking your K/D. I don't care if you keep getting ganked. I don't care if you think they are playing unfairly. I don't care if they are teabagging your headless corpse.

You leave? You get penalized. End of Story. Thank god the Devs and the Community agrees.

So you don't like 3v4's or having useless bots but you are ok with players purposefully expediating your opponents win to more quickly get to the next match and avoid the leaver penalty? Cause that's what will happen now in place of the majority of your hated rage-quitters lol. Also I think it's you and that cruna cross guy and maybe one other that have been talking about how they will enjoy the leaver penalty of late. Everyone else has been against it in one way or another. . . So yeah I don't think the community you believe to be in your favor is as large as you or UBI believes. It's much more likely that the majority of the community doesn't care or is uninformed one way or the other, may not even be aware there is a penalty coming.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:18 AM
Bots handing them free kills like the guy who is going to actively throw the crappy match he is in so he can move onto the next quicker? The reasons are why it happens though, you aren't fixing the ailment by doing this you are just hiding it. What about the bug where your entire screen goes black? What about the bug where you are locked onto a birds eye view of the map? What about the new one shot exploits? You are making excuses and letting ubi get off with crap that no other playerbase puts up with. Yes those dudes suck who bail at the last minute or really anytime but you have to ask why to stop it. I found out my cholesterol sucks really bad, should I ask why and address those problems or should I just sweep it under the rug?

1) Yeah, but by forcing the guy to stay he has to suffer and waste time like the rest of his team. He shouldn't be able to just get off easy whenever he wants. He should be forced to stay and suffer the loss he is causing. If he has a problem with that he can take the penalties or stop being a child and play the game.

2) I am not making excuses for Ubisoft. You just want to desperately believe I am. I have already stated multiple times now that this is not covering up issues or that those issues are being ignored. This just happens to be the first thing that is ready so instead of withholding improvements they are giving us what they can.

The other issues will be addressed in time (They better be) but for now I will happily accept cracking down on ragers in the meantime.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:19 AM
Well my definition of playing it means staying in it. Not "trying it out".
There are loads of multiplayer games with 40 minutes or more for a single match.

This 10 minute or even less match is nothing.

But that's beside the point.
I also have concerns about balance issues MANY times.
I also have problems on how gear stats are distributed, I made threads about that on Steam Forums.
I have problems with many things and I bring that up, since I like the game and I would love to see many things fixed.

But that doesn't give me any reason to leave matches, potentially break the game for other players. I'm doing what I can.
the reasons to act like that are made up. I knew what problems we currently are facing even before I started up the game. But why would I rage quit? That is completely unrelated. If I rage quit, the game will magically be fixed the next time I start up a match?

Yeah and I would rather people want to play the game instead of give up half way because there is no point in fighting an inevitable loss. Yeah I love this game too and this isn't the way to fix it. "Potentially break the game for others," why in the hell are you letting this go? Why is this acceptable to you? Yeah the game won't be fixed but there's that off chance the matches will be semi balanced by going into the next round instead of a pug stomp by a premade.

S0Mi_xD
05-30-2017, 03:22 AM

Yes, i do agree with you, to be forced to stay in a game you don't want be isn't nice, but how many games do you enter you don't wanna stay in? (in my eyes you are a reasonable guy)

In my case, if i enter a 200 - 800 match wherer my team is losing. I do stay and take the challenge.
In 6 out of 10 matches of this kind, i manage a comeback for my team.

I never had any problems with matchmaking, because i don't care about gear lvl and Rep.

I can take a loss, even if i really pissed sometimes because of a lag, a ragequitter in my team, a troll, or a gank.

I had matches in dominion where i was the last one standing, i wanted to revive 2 guys, but the moment i was the last one both did a ragequit, the other guy was executed - what happened?
I managed to sucess in a 1v3 and win the round.

Most of those "reasons" are just bad excuses, thats my opinion.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:24 AM
1) Yeah, but by forcing the guy to stay he has to suffer and waste time like the rest of his team. He shouldn't be able to just get off easy whenever he wants. He should be forced to stay and suffer the loss he is causing. If he has a problem with that he can take the penalties or stop being a child and play the game.

2) I am not making excuses for Ubisoft. You just want to desperately believe I am. I have already stated multiple times now that this is not covering up issues or that those issues are being ignored. This just happens to be the first thing that is ready so instead of withholding improvements they are giving us what they can.

The other issues will be addressed in time (They better be) but for now I will happily accept cracking down on ragers in the meantime.

Oh so you want retribution you don't actually want what's best for the game. Those issues are being covered up though because rather than talking about the reasons why when or how will they be fixed we are talking about this bull crap. Game breaking bugs, constant crashes, and imbalances etc. are all things I'm fine with giving some time but three months?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:24 AM
So you don't like 3v4's or having useless bots but you are ok with players purposefully expediating your opponents win to more quickly get to the next match and avoid the leaver penalty?

Short answer? Yes. I am 100% okay with that.

Because that guy is now throwing his K/D into the dirt and tanking his win loss. Whereas before he could happily skip away from any match he did bad in order to pad his stats or simply just leave the match because he got butthurt.

I want the people who play that way to be forced to stay in losses and take them on the nose. That way they get an idea of what they have been condemning all the teams they left to. I want them to be as frustrated and mad as I have been when my teammates leave at the first sight of difficulty. I have lost matches that I could have easily won due to selfish children leaving matches becaus ethey died.

They deserve every single ounce of frustration and penalties for the way they play. They are purposely ruing the game for everyone else for no other reason than selfishness.

Thats not okay. Thats why most games these days have leaver penalties.

Do I want retribution? Yep.

Do I want these type of players to be mad and have their precious padded stats tanked? Yep.

It just so happens that its also whats best for the community and the game. Toxic players getting frustrated and leaving the game entirely or being penalized until they change the way they play is always a good thing.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:25 AM
Yes, i do agree with you, to be forced to stay in a game you don't want be isn't nice, but how many games do you enter you don't wanna stay in? (in my eyes you are a reasonable guy)

In my case, if i enter a 200 - 800 match wherer my team is losing. I do stay and take the challenge.
In 6 out of 10 matches of this kind, i manage a comeback for my team.

I never had any problems with matchmaking, because i don't care about gear lvl and Rep.

I can take a loss, even if i really pissed sometimes because of a lag, a ragequitter in my team, a troll, or a gank.

I had matches in dominion where i was the last one standing, i wanted to revive 2 guys, but the moment i was the last one both did a ragequit, the other guy was executed - what happened?
I managed to sucess in a 1v3 and win the round.

Most of those "reasons" are just bad excuses, thats my opinion.

Somi, shut up and invite me.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:26 AM
So you don't like 3v4's or having useless bots but you are ok with players purposefully expediating your opponents win to more quickly get to the next match and avoid the leaver penalty? Cause that's what will happen now in place of the majority of your hated rage-quitters lol. Also I think it's you and that cruna cross guy and maybe one other that have been talking about how they will enjoy the leaver penalty of late. Everyone else has been against it in one way or another. . . So yeah I don't think the community you believe to be in your favor is as large as you or UBI believes. It's much more likely that the majority of the community doesn't care or is uninformed one way or the other, may not even be aware there is a penalty coming.

I've seen others but I'd say it's mostly lesser known posters but I've seen some regulars around too. I honestly couldn't guess those who oppose and those who are in favor but I bet it's close. Too lazy to make a poll.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:29 AM
Short answer? Yes. I am 100% okay with that.

Because that guy is now throwing his K/D into the dirt and tanking his win loss. Whereas before he could happily skip away from any match he did bad in order to pad his stats or simply just leave the match because he got butthurt.

I want the people who play that way to be forced to stay in losses and take them on the nose. That way they get an idea of what they have been condemning all the teams they left to. I want them to be as frustrated and mad as I have been when my teammates leave at the first sight of difficulty. I have lost matches that I could have easily won due to selfish children leaving matches becaus ethey died.

They deserve every single ounce of frustration and penalties for the way they play. They are purposely ruing the game for everyone else for no other reason than selfishness.

Thats not okay. Thats why most games these days have leaver penalties.

Do I want retribution? Yep.

Do I want these type of players to be mad and have their precious padded stats tanked? Yep.

It just so happens that its also whats best for the community and the game. Toxic players getting frustrated and leaving or being penalized until they change the way they play is always a good thing.

I agree these guys should take a loss and hit to their stats in the form of whatever they were before they quit but that's pretty much the extent of where I believe they should be punished aside from the obvious loss of loot, steel, and xp from the match itself.

S0Mi_xD
05-30-2017, 03:31 AM
Somi, shut up and invite me.

:o I would, if i could - still not at home.. thats why i am rotting in these forums xD.
If my playstation is on then maybe because of auto-updates.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:34 AM
:o I would, if i could - still not at home.. thats why i am rotting in these forums xD.

******* you. For the record I don't ever rage quit I just don't see this as a solution and I don't think we should take away the option from someone being able to leave when they want.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:34 AM
I agree these guys should take a loss and hit to their stats in the form of whatever they were before they quit but that's pretty much the extent of where I believe they should be punished aside from the obvious loss of loot, steel, and xp from the match itself.

My main core complaint is that these people are negatively impacting the game and yet have not had to pay ANY kind of price for it. In fact the way the system is set up at the moment they are ENCOURAGED to leave because it doesn't register their stats for the game.

You can use whatever excuse for them doing it, but it doesn't change that its happening.

They should obviously be allowed to leave still........they just deserved to be penalized for doing so.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:36 AM

Ahhh.... now I want a Playstation.... It has been on my budget list for quite a while. Fighting games are more populated there, right? Not FH, but fighting games in general

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:37 AM
******* you. For the record I don't ever rage quit I just don't see this as a solution and I don't think we should take away the option from someone being able to leave when they want.

If you don't rage quit, then this change will not affect you in ANY shape or form. So you don't even have to think about it. And even you will love to see less leavers.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:39 AM
My main core complaint is that these people are negatively impacting the game and yet have not had to pay ANY kind of price for it. In fact the way the system is set up at the moment they are ENCOURAGED to leave because it doesn't register their stats for the game.

You can use whatever excuse for them doing it, but it doesn't change that its happening.

They should obviously be allowed to leave still........they just deserved to be penalized for doing so.

Yeah they are negatively affecting it in a way that doesn't happen in other games. If this was the norm than I bet many many more would side with you about the leaver penalty but it's absolutely unacceptable that the connection is so shaky that the entire match playing out is contingent on everyone staying. Yes they are encouraged to leave but whose fault is that?

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:40 AM
Yes they are encouraged to leave but whose fault is that?

If they leave, it's their fault, yes.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:41 AM
Yeah they are negatively affecting it in a way that doesn't happen in other games.

I have already explained multiple times now how they negatively affect the game by leaving besides the stability issues.

Those same issues happen in other games as well.

Ragequitting is universally bad. Regardless of game.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:41 AM
If you don't rage quit, then this change will not affect you in ANY shape or form. So you don't even have to think about it. And even you will love to see less leavers.

Gay marriage doesn't affect me either but I would fight for them if it was overturned. You don't have to engage in something to believe others should be free to do it.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:42 AM
I have already explained multiple times now how they negatively affect the game by leaving besides the stability issues.

Those same issues happen in other games as well.

Ragequitting is universally bad. Regardless of game.

And the issues you listed won't be remedied with this change, you are going to have people playing half a$$ or no a$$ just to get the fight done and over with.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:44 AM
Gay marriage doesn't affect me either but I would fight for them if it was overturned. You don't have to engage in something to believe others should be free to do it.

No. This is clearly wrong. By that logic everybody should be able to do what they want. Forget the wish of the majority, and forget what's good for the majority. Just because we let a wish of the minority slide even if it is regarded as a negative behavior by the majority. It makes no sense.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:47 AM
No. This is clearly wrong. By that logic everybody should be able to do what they want. Forget the wish of the majority, and forget what's good for the majority. Just because we let a wish of the minority slide even if it is regarded as a negative behavior by the majority. It makes no sense.

Yeah I do think everyone should be able to do what they want as long as they aren't affecting others which is why I say they should fix it so that when people rq it isn't affecting others. I'm also not so sure you are the majority, not saying you aren't but without any numbers I don't think that's a claim you can make.

Mia.Nora
05-30-2017, 03:48 AM
Ragequit penalty coming before vs AI rewards fix is really dumb.

People do their orders in vs Player matches that are broken as hell. Of course they will ragequit when they are facing lopsided odds, it is Ubisofts responsibility to ensure balanced and fair matchmaking; and we can all agree they desperately fail at that.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 03:48 AM
Yeah I do think everyone should be able to do what they want as long as they aren't affecting others which is why I say they should fix it so that when people rq it isn't affecting others. I'm also not so sure you are the majority, not saying you aren't but without any numbers I don't think that's a claim you can make.

Yeah and leaving IS affecting others, so it WILL be penalized

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:52 AM
Yeah and leaving IS affecting others, so it WILL be penalized

Right which is why I said it's a lazy "fix."

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:53 AM
And the issues you listed won't be remedied with this change, you are going to have people playing half a$$ or no a$$ just to get the fight done and over with.

Yeah.

But they won't be leaving the games and not everyone lays down like a scrub and dies when things don't go their way. Most people will fight because they have no choice. Yeah some kids will still throw hissy fits and throw games, but most people will choose to at least try.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 03:56 AM

This is the misunderstanding you seem to have. Just because you do or do not ragequit does not mean this change will not affect you. Or affect the health of the game in the long run for that matter. The casual playerbase is going to play with their friends, 1 or more members of a group will crash or DC. The remaining players can now not leave without a penalty. This hurts their experience and can very likely happen over and over again multiple times in anight. Now they have had so much time wasted on this night they could all get together to jam some For Honor. Guaranteed they will be thinking twice about playing this game together again next time they have a chance to game together.

If you don't ragequit and someone else would have normally but now there is a penalty. Now you are going to be stuck with a teammate that does not want to play and will not contribute to that match. Now your experience is still negatively impacted in much the same way as it would have been if he was able to just quit meaning the change did nothing for you either. Before at least that spot could have potentially been filled by another player.

Next say someone has an IRl issue to take care of after starting a match. The issue only took 5 minutes or less to resolve but he had to leave or AFK out of the match. Now he is penalized for that.

These are situations in addition to the myriad technical issues that will also be amplified by this penalty.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:57 AM
Yeah.

But they won't be leaving the games and not everyone lays down like a scrub and dies when things don't go their way. Most people will fight because they have no choice. Yeah some kids will still throw hissy fits and throw games, but most people will choose to at least try.

Or just stop playing the game entirely. I'm sure most people don't have the patience to play a game that's being over run with centurions, shins, connection issues, glitches, and gear imbalances and when you take away there only option to minimize those sorts of problems they just won't comeback.

S0Mi_xD
05-30-2017, 03:57 AM

o.O ? whats wrong? i never said that you are ragequitting.
I did ask you how often, you have a situation where you feel quitting would be needed for you.

I do understand you, i am against taking an option to leave aswell, but i still think we need a Penalty for frequent quitter.

Just wait until it drops so we can see how it will work and if it is bullsh-it we can still complain about it afterwards.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:58 AM
The mental gymnastics people are doing to come up with rare situations in which a penalty is bad in order to counter for the NUMEROUS ways that the penalty is good is just getting funnier and funnier to me.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:00 AM
o.O ? whats wrong? i never said that you are ragequitting.
I did ask you how often, you have a situation where you feel quitting would be needed for you.

I do understand you, i am against taking an option to leave aswell, but i still think we need a Penalty for frequent quitter.

Just wait until it drops so we can see how it will work and if it is bullsh-it we can still complain about it afterwards.

Sorry tone is hard to convey in text but I took no offense by your post. I was just saying in general lest anyone in this thread accuse me of being a ragequitter. I do agree that at this point we are all talking in circles and we just have to wait and see how it goes.

S0Mi_xD
05-30-2017, 04:02 AM
Ahhh.... now I want a Playstation.... It has been on my budget list for quite a while. Fighting games are more populated there, right? Not FH, but fighting games in general

Yep, i think so - consols do have a wider range of Beat'em ups (as far as i know)

Oh, all the time i am waiting for a new Soul Calibur *_* !!! But there are no informations about a sequel v.v ...

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:03 AM
The mental gymnastics people are doing to come up with rare situations in which a penalty is bad in order to counter for the NUMEROUS ways that the penalty is good is just getting funnier and funnier to me.

Pretty much every situation that has been stated is a very common occurrence in this game lol.

I even thought of another simple every day one. Despite the penalty people quit anyways or DC, crash or whatever. Now the remaining players have to stay in a half finished match and endure an unfun losing game negativey affecting their stats just to avoid a penalty. Isn't it enough that these people would lose their match end rewards should they choose to remove themselves from this situation that other players put them in and by no fault of their own?

And please please do not once again reiterate that them leaving could potentially cause the match to crash and affect the other remaining players even if they don't like their situation. Because this has been beaten to death and it's ridiculous how people STILL place the fault of this on the players instead of UBI.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 04:07 AM
Sorry tone is hard to convey in text but I took no offense by your post. I was just saying in general lest anyone in this thread accuse me of being a ragequitter. I do agree that at this point we are all talking in circles and we just have to wait and see how it goes.

Compared to him I DO think that you are a ragequitter. Otherwise you wouldn't care about the penalty at all since you wouldn't even know that it's there

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:08 AM
Isn't it enough that these people would lose their match end rewards should they choose to remove themselves from this situation that other players put them in and by no fault of their own?

No its not enough at all apparently, because if it WAS enough then they wouldn't be leaving in the first place. The entire point of a punishment or a penalty is to not make the person wanna do it again.

People are leaving left and right as it is and they don't give a damn about losing their rewards and XP.

So yes the penalties are 100% required. Players need to be pinned down and ACTUALLY suffer consequences if the negatively affect the rest of the players in the game.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:10 AM
Compared to him I DO think that you are a ragequitter. Otherwise you wouldn't care about the penalty at all since you wouldn't even know that it's there

Don't care what you think but I just gave you an example as to why that's faulty logic. If you wanted to eat dog s hit for breakfast and someone tried to stop you I would tell them to leave you alone but I certainly would not be enjoying breakfast with you.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:10 AM
No its not enough at all apparently, because if it WAS enough then they wouldn't be leaving in the first place. The entire point of a punishment or a penalty is to not make the person wanna do it again.

People are leaving left and right as it is and they don't give a damn about losing their rewards and XP.

So yes the penalties are 100% required. Players need to be pinned down and ACTUALLY suffer consequences if the negatively affect the rest of the players in the game.

I am talking about the people left in a losing unfun unbalance dmatch after others have quit genius. Don't selectively read and quote what suits you to falsely pad your own argument.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:14 AM
I am talking about the people left in a losing unfun unbalance dmatch after others have quit genius. Don't selectively read and quote what suits you to falsely pad your own argument.

That sucks for them, but if I was in that match I would be happy to know that guy just got penalized for leaving which means yeah this one game may suck for me, but the rest of his night is most likely gonna suck.

Better yet just put in a forfeit option. That way the team doesn't have to stay and put up with it. They can just have the game end and move on.

Problem solved.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 04:14 AM
Don't care what you think but I just gave you an example as to why that's faulty logic. If you wanted to eat dog s hit for breakfast and someone tried to stop you I would tell them to leave you alone but I certainly would not be enjoying breakfast with you.

Your metaphores took a dive. And now they make no sense.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:15 AM
That sucks for them, but if I was in that match I would be happy to know that guy just got penalized for leaving which means yeah this one game may suck for me, but the rest of his night is most likely gonna suck.

Better yet just put in a forfeit option. That way the team doesn't have to stay and put up with it. They can just have the game end and move on.

Problem solved.

And how long is it going to take to get a forfeit option out of UBI? another 3 months? Game will be dead before then at this rate lol.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:17 AM
Your metaphores took a dive. And now they make no sense.

Not really, still completely makes sense and applies. I don't have to engage in something to be for it or against it.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:21 AM

Again you are completely mistaken if this change will magically not affect anything and everything about this game that isn't a rage-quitter. You have blinded yousrself with this witchhunt for ragequitters that you are so eager to have. Yes it is a witchhunt the moment you said "I DO think that you are a ragequitter". Trying to shame him and bring illegitimacy to his stake in these arguments.

It's pretty clear you don't really have much care for the health and state of the game. You just want to burn all the ragequitters at the stake so to speak. Both you and coyote have made this pretty clear that it's retribution you want and noth something actually beneficial to the game as you continue to ignore the statement of actual real issues causing your issues that this penalty will do almost nothing to fix.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:24 AM
And how long is it going to take to get a forfeit option out of UBI? another 3 months? Game will be dead before then at this rate lol.

People were saying the game was dead over a month ago.

I'm not too worried.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:25 AM
People were saying the game was dead over a month ago.

I'm not too worried.

I was implying this change could very likely cause this game to die faster than it already is.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:26 AM
Again you are completely mistaken if this change will magically not affect anything and everything about this game that isn't a rage-quitter. You have blinded yousrself with this witchhunt for ragequitters that you are so eager to have. Yes it is a witchhunt the moment you said "I DO think that you are a ragequitter". Trying to shame him and bring illegitimacy to his stake in these arguments.

It's pretty clear you don't really have much care for the health and state of the game. You just want to burn all the ragequitters at the stake so to speak. Both you and coyote have made this pretty clear that it's retribution you want and noth something actually beneficial to the game as you continue to ignore the statement of actual real issues causing your issues that this penalty will do almost nothing to fix.

Ragequitters will no longer get to leave games without punishment which means less people will leave matches.

That is more than enough fix for me out of this new system

I was implying this change could very likely cause this game to die faster than it already is.

And I disagree.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:28 AM
Ragequitters will no longer get to leave games without punishment.

That is more than enough fix for me out of this new system

Exactly and that is all you care about lol. Completely ignoring all the negative effects of this penalty and from what has been posted they far outweigh the benefits unless you would finally like to add something constructive to the argument with which your side has been sorely lacking so far.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:32 AM
Exactly and that is all you care about lol. Completely ignoring all the negative effects of this penalty and from what has been posted they far outweigh the benefits unless you would finally like to add something constructive to the argument with which your side has been sorely lacking so far.

Okay. Lets do this then.

List me every single negative effect this penalty will have and I will address them and see if you are right that the negatives outweigh the positives.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 04:34 AM
Not really, still completely makes sense and applies. I don't have to engage in something to be for it or against it.

Of course not. You don't have to be concerned about leaver penalty, if it doesn't affect you. It has nothing to do with you. That's why I'm 100% certain that you are a rage quitter, since you would not care that it's there if you wouldn't be one.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 04:41 AM

Yeah you were implying many things. Okay.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:44 AM
Of course not. You don't have to be concerned about leaver penalty, if it doesn't affect you. It has nothing to do with you. That's why I'm 100% certain that you are a rage quitter, since you would not care that it's there if you wouldn't be one.

As much as I truly hate to admit it Anton has a point.

You don't need to necessarily do something to be for or against it. For example say if I don't own any firearms and don't plan on EVER owning any firearms, but I support more strict gun laws. Those laws would never affect me personally since I don't own a gun, but I still support them in order to help those who the laws WOULD affect.

Or if I support Vegetarians right to eat rabbit food. I don't necessarily need to be a vegetarian in order to support their right to eat grass.

Say what you want about my views on gaming, but logic is logic.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:45 AM

You aren't very bright are you? I just gave you two examples of why that's stupid logic. Here's another one and maybe you'll get it. Kids getting bombed in the Middle East doesn't affect me but I'm very much against that. I'm not being bombed nor am I doing the bombing it literally doesn't have any sort of impact on my life but I still have an opinion on it.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:49 AM
As much as I truly hate to admit it Anton has a point.

You don't need to necessarily do something to be for or against it. For example say if I don't own any firearms and don't plan on EVER owning any firearms, but I support more strict gun laws. Those laws would never affect me personally since I don't own a gun, but I still support them in order to help those who the laws WOULD affect.

Or if I support Vegetarians right to eat rabbit food. I don't necessarily need to be a vegetarian in order to support their right to eat grass.

Say what you want about my views on gaming, but logic is logic.

Lol why do you always hate to admit when I have a point or I'm right? I don't hate that you and I have the same opinion on the revenge nerf.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:53 AM
Lol why do you always hate to admit when I have a point or I'm right? I don't hate that you and I have the same opinion on the revenge nerf.

I hate admitting anybody that I regularly argue with is right.

Like when Rhodri makes the occasional good point or when Micidial happens to make a sane argument. You guys are so often in the wrong from my point of view that anytime I agree with you I feel like I am crossing over to the dark side.

Makes me feel dirty lol

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 04:58 AM
Okay. Lets do this then.

List me every single negative effect this penalty will have and I will address them and see if you are right that the negatives outweigh the positives.

You first bud. You have been reading these threads with numerous reasons why the penalty at this stage is a bad idea. Your sides reply has always been along the lines of "Rage quitting is bad and people should not get away with it un-penalized". So since my sides case has been stated over and over I do not see why there is a need to reiterate when it is your side that has failed to provide valid arguments beyond your own selfish reason and hatred towards ragequitters.

I put the ball in your court already, you list the positives and I will reply with counterarguments and the negatives associated your positives. I'll help you out too, don't bother posting about increased match stability cause that is BS and only associated with ragequitting in an indirect manner whereas the root cause lies elsewhere.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 05:13 AM
You first bud. You have been reading these threads with numerous reasons why the penalty at this stage is a bad idea. Your sides reply has always been along the lines of "Rage quitting is bad and people should not get away with it un-penalized". So since my sides case has been stated over and over I do not see why there is a need to reiterate when it is your side that has failed to provide valid arguments beyond your own selfish reason and hatred towards ragequitters.

I put the ball in your court already, you list the positives and I will reply with counterarguments and the negatives associated your positives. I'll help you out too, don't bother posting about increased match stability cause that is BS and only associated with ragequitting in an indirect manner whereas the root cause lies elsewhere.

I will focus first on the things that leaving causes.

- Forces the team you leave behind to have a BOT which makes it a 3v4 (Don't bother giving me that BS "Well the player who stays will just throw the game" excuse)

- If the BOT is replaced at BEST you are forcing some other player into a situation where the game is close. At worst you are shoving some poor guy into a loss (This is not a matchmaking issue. So I will cut you off there as well. If a player leaves the team deserves to get a replacement. That is the fault of the leaver not Ubisoft. If the guy never left then the other wouldn't be getting shoved into a loss.)

- If the person who left chose to throw his tantrum late into the game then the BOT will not be replaced at all.

- The BOTs that teams are forced to play with are essentially not existant. They will occasionally revive someone or MAYBE get a kill, but overall they are fodder for the enemy team

- By leaving you can cause other player s on the team to leave which further ruins the game for the players who don't ragequit like children

- Some players currently are leaving games just so that they can pad their stats. Their team might be winning, but if they are doing bad then they leave anyway and cost their team the match. (That is also on Ubisoft, but until they fix that it is still a negative impact that leaving has on the game)

Penalties will help remedy ALL OF THAT. Will it stop it from happening forever? Of course not. There will also be butthurt kids ragequitting games, but the majority of players will be forced to stay in matches and that will prevent those issues from happening for the most part. The fact that players are able to negatively impact the experience of others right now with ZERO penalties is not okay and that is why the penalty system is being implemented.

You can come up with your random situations where a penalty system would punish somebody who leaves for a friends or if they experience a bug or whatever other imagined excuse you wanna cook up, but overall the people who will be affected by this are the people who habitually leave games.

As I have said before. I would rather all ragequitters be penalized and caught and have a few innocent players caught up in it than have NO ragequitters caught at all.

And that is not a Witch Hunt mentality like you wanna claim. That is me seeing that players are getting away with something that they shouldn't be getting away with and wanting to see them properly punished for doing so. Just like how I fully support the 3 day ban for the Warden Exploit. In fact I would have made it a week, but 3 day ban is better than nothing.

Players who do bad things like using cheats, exploits or leaving games that negatively affect other players deserve to be punished. That is just how video games work. If you break the rules you get to deal with the consequences of that bad choice.

I look forward to your mental gymnastics as to why you think I am wrong.

S0Mi_xD
05-30-2017, 05:17 AM
Positive Points:
1. Less player will leave matches
2. Due to 1. less errors will occure because of ragequits
3. Due to 2. errors which are left are easier to assign to actual real network, system, game errors
4. We can actually play those game which are stable
Let's say, if 4 out of 10 games are lagged out or error due to network etc., 6 stable games are left.
Out of these 6 games 4 games are lost because ragequitter leaves the game and making it harder because of unbalance, leaves us and gives us some lag that push us in a disadvantage, or the match just crashes.

Negatives:
1. DEPENDING on how this penalty will look like, we don't know how much all players will be affected.
2. If you wanna leave because of real life or real reasons -> point 1.
3. Point 1. we don't know how it will work, will it penalize disconnects?

Positive/Negative:
1. Some players will abondon this game -> most of them ragequitters who can't ragequit effectivly anymore, and some people who just think the penalty will destroy the game(most of them casuals).

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 06:39 AM
I will focus first on the things that leaving causes.

- Forces the team you leave behind to have a BOT which makes it a 3v4 (Don't bother giving me that BS "Well the player who stays will just throw the game" excuse)

- If the BOT is replaced at BEST you are forcing some other player into a situation where the game is close. At worst you are shoving some poor guy into a loss (This is not a matchmaking issue. So I will cut you off there as well. If a player leaves the team deserves to get a replacement. That is the fault of the leaver not Ubisoft. If the guy never left then the other wouldn't be getting shoved into a loss.)

- If the person who left chose to throw his tantrum late into the game then the BOT will not be replaced at all.

- The BOTs that teams are forced to play with are essentially not existant. They will occasionally revive someone or MAYBE get a kill, but overall they are fodder for the enemy team

- By leaving you can cause other player s on the team to leave which further ruins the game for the players who don't ragequit like children

- Some players currently are leaving games just so that they can pad their stats. Their team might be winning, but if they are doing bad then they leave anyway and cost their team the match. (That is also on Ubisoft, but until they fix that it is still a negative impact that leaving has on the game)

Penalties will help remedy ALL OF THAT. Will it stop it from happening forever? Of course not. There will also be butthurt kids ragequitting games, but the majority of players will be forced to stay in matches and that will prevent those issues from happening for the most part. The fact that players are able to negatively impact the experience of others right now with ZERO penalties is not okay and that is why the penalty system is being implemented.

You can come up with your random situations where a penalty system would punish somebody who leaves for a friends or if they experience a bug or whatever other imagined excuse you wanna cook up, but overall the people who will be affected by this are the people who habitually leave games.

As I have said before. I would rather all ragequitters be penalized and caught and have a few innocent players caught up in it than have NO ragequitters caught at all.

And that is not a Witch Hunt mentality like you wanna claim. That is me seeing that players are getting away with something that they shouldn't be getting away with and wanting to see them properly punished for doing so. Just like how I fully support the 3 day ban for the Warden Exploit. In fact I would have made it a week, but 3 day ban is better than nothing.

Players who do bad things like using cheats, exploits or leaving games that negatively affect other players deserve to be punished. That is just how video games work. If you break the rules you get to deal with the consequences of that bad choice.

I look forward to your mental gymnastics as to why you think I am wrong.

Umm you listed I think 1 positive to adding a leaver penalty. All the rest is just you failing to follow instructions. I said to list the positives, ideally directly related to, adding a leaver penalty and you just talked about reason why people leave or what leavers cause. Essentially the only positive you came up with for a leaver penalty is that it will reduce the amount of leavers overall. The rest was a waste of your time and the only other positive I can think of woul d be better match stability as has been said said. But as everyone should hopefully know, match stability is not the players fault or the fault of any ragequitting. That is an Issue of UBI's failure to provide a stable network platform to play on.

So now I will start off with the fact that adding a penalty will not eliminate leavers. Sure it will punish them and reduce the frequency of it happening. But the fact of the matter is that it will still happen and most of your other issues will still happen.

Anyways here we go on the negatives:

1. Players will now be forced to stay in unbalanced and unfun matches, whether it be due to gear imbalance, premades, skill levels whatever. Without proper matchmaking in place before adding a leaver penalty you only increase the frustration and anger already present towards this issue as now you will be forced to stay in the unfun situation or suffer the penalty. You can say all you want that it's just tough luck or you should just be ok with dealing with it and while you might be ok with it many others are not and their existing frustrations over the game will only be amplified by this. This would be less of an issue if UBI could provide a proper matchmaking system. Alas here we are almost 4 months after release and still lacking this very basic feature. If at least this and a separate queue for 4 man premades was noted to be implemented first then I would have much less of a problem a leaver penalty.

2. Social disconnection. By this I mean groups of friends playing this game together will suffer in that if 1 or more of the group crashes leaving the remaining group members in the game those friends now can not fluidly play together in a smooth and enjoyable fashion. The remaining players can't leave the match to regroup with their friends without suffering a penalty and now their friends have to wait. So not only do the remaining players now have to play an unbalanced unfun match, their friends have to wait while not playing at all. You might say they can go play another game of their own. But then when the remaining players of the original match are finished they now have to wait for the other players to finish their match as they can not leave either. For more casual players that aren't very serious FH fans will remember this the next time they come online to game together and very possibly they will just play another game without so many rampant issues like FH has. A rejoin match feature here would help, but that is a hypothetical situation as UBI has said nothing about such a feature and it wouldn't work half the time anyways as the spots that were created by the crashes/DC's might be filled with other players before they get a chance to rejoin.

3. The innocent get to suffer even greater at the hands of legitimate ragequitters on their team or are at the mercy of UBI's notoriously unstable P2P netowork platform. As I said, this penalty will not eliminate quitters. So now if your team does suffer a ragequit, or DC'd, or Crashed player or 2 past the 2 minute mark you are stuck in the losing and again unfun match or you will suffer the penalty. Again you might say you are ok with this and it's just tough luck but like above many others will not be ok with this in the least. Aside from ragequitters in this situation we all have seen how unreliable the P2P is in this game, it isn't uncommon for 1 or more players to just randomly DC with no rhyme or reason on 1 or both teams.

4. Game health. With the implementation of such a penalty many of the people that do quit(or the innocent victims of the system, cause lets face it there will be times when someone legit DC'd or crashed and the game sometimes won't know the difference despite what UBI claims and will suffer the penalty) will likely play less and less and eventually not at all. With the main reasons for ragequitting likely being due to poor/lack of proper matchmaking and unbalanced matchups character-wise(think 3 or 4 cents on one team) the frustrations of these players will only grow until they have had enough. You may think "good riddance" to the ragequitters leaving but the truth is this games playerbase is already down and probably declining once again now that Season 2 hype has died down and frustrations to the new characters grow. But with a declining playerbase even you will suffer as it means longer queue times and even more matchups against the same players over and over. The queue times already aren't amazing for such a new game and very often you are matched up with the same players over and over during a night. With less players that eventually means less money/time spent on UBI's part for more content in the future.

5. Now players that would like to remove themselves from unfun games will purposefully play to lose faster or at least not help their team to win. Now you think these ragequitters who you believe to be such people of poor character will actually try to win a match they don't want to be part of any more? They will only handicap the rest of their team instead of being able to leave and have that spot potentially filled by another player. Regardless a BOT in this situation is still favorable but that person won't leave if the penalty does it's job to stop people from leaving. So now this has a negative impact on that players entire team anyways because he was NOT allowed to leave. This also applies to situations when joining a match in progress. If a person joins a match in progress that is currently 4 players vs 4 BOTS(now 3 BOTS with the new players addition) they are forced to stay in this negative situation as well. It might even be at a time in the match where it cuts off the addition of new players and you just happened to join before the cutoff point and now you're stuck in a 4v1 game, sounds fun. Most people just want to have a a fun match and many don't care much about the match end rewards so this is a complete waste of time for them. You can swap my numbers for how ever many bots there may be but the situation is the same regardless.

I'll stop there and there are multiple issues within the 5 major I just listed, but I figured it would be prudent to just group alike issues together.

So by my count thats 1 Direct positive for a leaver penalty and 5+ negatives.

Also just to add. I am all for a leaver penalty. Just not now with the game in it's current state. At the very least proper matchmaking should be implemented first. But ideally also a rejoin function as well as fixing the P2P network so it actually works consistently. Other things would be good too like character limits on teams and as part of the matchmaking characters should be chosen before queue.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 06:53 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Hopefully the Penalties won't bug you that much when they get here.

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 12:40 PM
It works in RB6... why shouldn't it work here? Or are people just trying to finde arguements so this doesn't happen, and they can keep leaving without penalty?

All negative arguements you guys have, seem not to be a problem in RB6... even if you get disconnected (15 min? so what, i got disconnected? just take a leak have a galss of water and you can play again).
If you guys really think we will eat your arguements, you are a lot dumber than anyone thought, because you actually think, that we have never played a game with penalties and/or those game were never successfull. Problem is, we are not that dumb and we know it works.
And someone really is trying to make me believe, that one guy will not play because he has no fun and this ruins the fun for all? If the team is being wrecked, no one minds being wrecked earlier, so they can start a new game (wroks in RB6). Or are you really trying to tell me, that a winning team will have someone who has no fun in winning and thus stops playing so the team looses?
All your arguements hold no ground under pragmatic and logical circumstances... they only hold ground, if the issue was, that some cannot leave a game and their team to die, without receiving a penalty, and THAT is exactly what we are trying to stop.

rossato2109
05-30-2017, 02:10 PM
LOL, if its a 15 minutes penalty people will just force disconections. Ubisoft is trying their best to pass their responsability for the AWFUL CONECTIONS to the players but that just won't work. All I know is, me and my friends swore to never buy another Ubisoft product.

Dhaleks
05-30-2017, 02:12 PM
It works in RB6... why shouldn't it work here?

Never played RB6, but I suppose it has less gamebreaking flaws than FH.
Honestly, FH has a lot of potential to frustrate players to the point of quitting : spawn-ledging, One hit bugs (fixed, hopefully), JIP sessions you join a few minutes before the end, AFK farmers, disconnections leading to you playing alone with bots etc...

Asking us to stay in a session no matter what is ridiculous given the current state of the game. I mean, are you guys really going to endure being thrown of a cliff again and again at spawn and say "amen"?:confused:
I ain't.

rossato2109
05-30-2017, 02:14 PM
2. Social disconnection. By this I mean groups of friends playing this game together will suffer in that if 1 or more of the group crashes leaving the remaining group members in the game those friends now can not fluidly play together in a smooth and enjoyable fashion. The remaining players can't leave the match to regroup with their friends without suffering a penalty and now their friends have to wait. So not only do the remaining players now have to play an unbalanced unfun match, their friends have to wait while not playing at all. You might say they can go play another game of their own. But then when the remaining players of the original match are finished they now have to wait for the other players to finish their match as they can not leave either. For more casual players that aren't very serious FH fans will remember this the next time they come online to game together and very possibly they will just play another game without so many rampant issues like FH has. A rejoin match feature here would help, but that is a hypothetical situation as UBI has said nothing about such a feature and it wouldn't work half the time anyways as the spots that were created by the crashes/DC's might be filled with other players before they get a chance to rejoin.

This is my situation. I wait a whole day to be able to play with my friends and due to the constant disconections the player that dced will just invite us so we can actually enter a new match and TRY to play together. So now we will get punished for that? Or with the scarse time we got to play (not everyone has the whole day to play) we will need to tell the one that dced to sit on his thumbs for 10 minutes or more so we can ATTEMPT to play again?

To hell with Ubisoft.

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Honestly, FH has a lot of potential to frustrate players to the point of quitting : spawn-ledging, One hit bugs (fixed, hopefully), JIP sessions you join a few minutes before the end, AFK farmers, disconnections leading to you playing alone with bots etc...

Asking us to stay in a session no matter what is ridiculous given the current state of the game. I mean, are you guys really going to endure being thrown of a cliff again and again at spawn and say "amen"?:confused:
I ain't.

you should take a break from game till the problems you mentioned get fixed.ubisoft when are you releasing patch? do it asap.

Utopie.
05-30-2017, 03:24 PM

This is my biggest concern about implementing it at the current state of the game. I donīt have that much time to play and would like to play with my friends/team. A join-in-progress system would be the perfect solution (beside fixing error issues) to implement beside the quit penalty. My personal concern (regarding playing with my team) would be settled with that.
BTW I understand totally that Solo-quer have a contrasting view on that, my concerns are all coming from seeing how hard it is to play multiple stable games with a team.

I wish nothing more that every connection issue and lag is solved by implementing a quit penalty so that noone ever leaves a match again but i fear that is not close to reality. But hell maybe I have a totally false assumption of the whole situation.

At the end I feel like I have spoken my mind about that issue now in enough threads, itīs time to take a step back and trust Ubisoft to implement it in a thought out and fixing/adjusting manner.

Playlanco
05-30-2017, 03:44 PM

This game would dwindle even further than it already has if you do this. From my experience, a large chunk of the community will leave games, especially in Dominion and 1v1 and as of right now, it's justified. Shinobi, Centurion, Warden, Warlord, PK, etc, etc.

PK is one of the worst fighter and still people want her nerfed more....lol

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:52 PM
PK is one of the worst fighter and still people want her nerfed more....lol

Wrong. She's still top 3 out of the s1 cast. The nerfs that happened to her barely effected people who knew how to use her to begin with. It only punishes people who only used light spam and her dash attacks.

Darkeater.Midir
05-30-2017, 05:14 PM
Seeing as how Ubisoft is really gungho about adding the leaver penalty in this stage of the game - connectivity issues, extreme balance issues, very problematic user queue-ins and NO COMPETITIVE I think I'm going to take a long hiatus once the patch hits aswell. Thank you everyone who posted, whether you agree or not, I saw one common ground which was we all agree that there are majors issues with this game. Maybe it'll get fixed sometime later? Maybe not.

SonGohan88
05-30-2017, 05:38 PM
Haven't read all posts. But I agree with the idea.

I haven't played the game since the begging of March, because got sick of getting 7/10 DC's. Tried to get help from the supporters but they think most players are stupid and they just print screen a post with the steps to try and fix the game, took ages to get those replies from the support team, when they started asking for photo proof of my ports and all that stuff told them no and good by, not because I didn't try it, but because got sick of the trouble I had, because when I bought the game nothing on the requisition said having access to computer, router and all that.

All this just to explain why I don't play anymore, people that I played with asked me to play back again recently to see new characters and to play together, but now that I seen this penalty for the leavers.. I'm not coming back, because after all the troubles I had with this game, I'm 100% sure the update is going to be a mess and penalize people that get DC's and because they can't fix something that is the company fault they will get the risk of getting a life ban from a game they paid 50Ģ.

Think about it, you have enough trust in Ubisoft to play the game after the update if you get any type of error during a match? You really think that with all the mistakes they made with their faulty game and faulty updates, this next one is going to be good enough to separate people that rage quit from people that get errors?

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 05:47 PM

I ain't.

Don't know, man. It all might be, we've seen the Division go down the drain, but on the other hand, the pure PvP game RB6 had it's terrible connection flaws and gamebreaking bugs at the start. One year later it was boosted and has a stable (not big) playerbase and is loved enough to put out a year 2 season pass successfully, and most likely year3 and 4. I just look at For Honor the way I experienced RB6, as most things reminde me of the terrible start and how many doomed it dead. I don't compare it to the division, because the problems are different between those two.
I'm just sayin, we should stop the panic and all these assumption, voice our concerns so the devs know what we are worried about, but constructively, and wait for it to come. Judge when it's here.

Edit: and I do finish a game I started, no matter how hard I get hit. Even if it is just for the XP, but also for my team, and the fact that I was tought to finish what I started. Not saying you should, just saying I am, since you asked. Someone once said, you only get better, when you have lost.

and i know, soemtimes you suffer utter defeat, because the game is still somehow broken... yet, still, when you have lost, you know what made you, and you learn to avoid that until fixed. Whatever, man, I'm just for the punishment of quitters, and you have very valid concerns (I know very well, how bad UBI can **** **** up). We are looking at it in different ways, i guess.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Don't know, man. It all might be, we've seen the Division go down the drain, but on the other hand, the pure PvP game RB6 had it's terrible connection flaws and gamebreaking bugs at the start. One year later it was boosted and has a stable (not big) playerbase and is loved enough to put out a year 2 season pass successfully, and most likely year3 and 4. I just look at For Honor the way I experienced RB6, as most things reminde me of the terrible start and how many doomed it dead. I don't compare it to the division, because the problems are different between those two.
I'm just sayin, we should stop the panic and all these assumption, voice our concerns so the devs know what we are worried about, but constructively, and wait for it to come. Judge when it's here.

As optimistic as I would like to be that for honor will have the same comeback as rb6 I sincerely doubt it will happen. Only time will really tell

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:08 PM
speaking of S-tier, what are the tiers of all the heroes? is there a tier list i can look at that's up to date?

None officially I don't think but I think it's mostly common that

S tier. Warlord shin warden (some throw him into a tier)
A tier pk (some throw her into s tier) cent( some say cent is b tier)
B tier valk lb maybe raider maybe orochi
C the rest.

Then conq is highly debated. Some still put him in s tier while others say he's complete dog s hit. I still think he's great

RatedChaotic
05-30-2017, 06:13 PM

C the rest.

Then conq is highly debated. Some still put him in s tier while others say he's complete dog s hit. I still think he's great

See there isnt one. They are all opinionated. Tiers are a myth. First it was low, med, top. Then God tier has been mentiond. I thought ground tier was gonna be next but looks like its S tier lmao. Dumbest thing I ever heard trying to tier heroes in a fighting game. Just look...You couldnt even create one yourself with all those ( ) being used.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:15 PM
See there isnt one. They are all opinionated. Tiers are a myth. First it was low, med, top. Then God tier has been mentiond. I thought ground tier was gonna be next but looks like its S tier lmao. Dumbest thing I ever heard trying to tier heroes in a fighting game.

How is it a myth? Are characters not better than others or are they all the exact same?

RatedChaotic
05-30-2017, 06:19 PM
How is it a myth? Are characters not better than others or are they all the exact same?

Because in the right hands any of these heroes can beat any other hero in the wrong hands. Are you saying your tier list isnt opinionated? If its not a myth show me this official tier list please. You even said yourself there isnt one. Every one I seen posted on here was picked apart by people with different opinions. The tier list creator wasnt wrong but neither are the players with different opinions.

Its a myth.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Because in the right hands any of these heroes can beat any other hero in the wrong hands. Are you saying your tier list isnt opinionated?

Nope didn't say that at all but I will say that it's objective fact that other characters are better than others. Start at the top and go down to the bottom, kinda like tiers. No s hit that someone who is good at the game can beat someone who is bad at the game regardless of character. picking a higher tier hero doesn't mean you instawin, it means they have better tools than those below them.

RatedChaotic
05-30-2017, 06:32 PM
If joe is better at attacking and defending with his hero against your hero....Than you are at attacking and defending with your hero against his.....hes probly going to win reguardless of what hero has what tier rank.

So your saying tiers are grades of the heroes moveset kit? Fascinating.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
If joe is better at attacking and defending with his hero against your hero....Than you are at attacking and defending with your hero against his.....hes probly going to win reguardless of what hero has what tier rank.

You aren't arguing against what I'm arguing, dummie. Some characters are better than others that's what the lists are for. It doesn't mean warlord can never lose to kensei, it means warlord will win more often than not if two guys with the exact same skill level are fighting eachother.

RatedChaotic
05-30-2017, 06:41 PM
You aren't arguing against what I'm arguing, dummie. Some characters are better than others that's what the lists are for. It doesn't mean warlord can never lose to kensei, it means warlord will win more often than not if two guys with the exact same skill level are fighting eachother.

Wheres this data?

When you locate this mythical official tier list let me know.....Until that time I have not seen any evidence that tiers are even a thing in this game. There is too many what ifs to classify a hero in a tier fashion.

Specialkha
05-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Wheres this data?

When you locate this mythical official tier list let me know.....Until that time I have not seen any evidence that tiers are even a thing in this game. There is too many what ifs to classify a hero in a tier fashion.

Just watch tourney to see god tier class. Then check matrix from devs for everything else.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:48 PM

Where did I say official? In fact I said there wasn't an official list. Of course they are opinionated, that doesn't make them a myth. If you opinion is chicken sucks does that mean it's a myth that chicken doesn't suck? It's just your opinion and these lists are just a general consensus of what peoples opinions are. There isn't too many what ifs. You take the all the characters and you make a list from top to bottom who are the best and who are the worst.

RatedChaotic
05-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Where did I say official? In fact I said there wasn't an official list. Of course they are opinionated, that doesn't make them a myth. If you opinion is chicken sucks does that mean it's a myth that chicken doesn't suck? It's just your opinion and these lists are just a general consensus of what peoples opinions are. There isn't too many what ifs. You take the all the characters and you make a list from top to bottom who are the best and who are the worst.

And not everyones list will be the same. There isnt a tier list thats correct.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Wheres this data?

You are just being actively stupid instead of sub consciously now. Do you think it's a coincidence warlord has a high pick rate and tournies and kensei is non existent or what?

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:53 PM
[/B]

And not everyones list will be the same. There isnt a tier list thats correct.

Are you legitimately re tarded? Why are you arguing against points I'm not making? I just said that lists are opinioned in the very post you quoted and even in my original post I spoke that some peoples opinions place heroes in different tiers.

That_guy44
05-30-2017, 06:53 PM
There most definitely are tiers in fighting games. If this game had leaderboards and ranked, you'd see it.

RatedChaotic
05-30-2017, 06:58 PM
AH resorted to name calling.....Very mature.....I'm done here.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:59 PM
AH resorted to name calling.....Very mature.....

You are testing my patience when you are trying my make my argument for me and then countering it. Stop saying dumb things and I'll stop calling you dumb.

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 05:23 PM
oh, well thanks for telling me all the tiers then. :)

No problem.

RatedChaotic
05-31-2017, 05:35 PM
No problem.

Ya great tier list......<sarcasm>

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 05:37 PM
Ya great tier list......<sarcasm>

Sorry forgot that it's a myth like the Loch Ness monster. You heard it here folks, opinions are myths.

RatedChaotic
05-31-2017, 05:42 PM
You cant win the argument so you have to nick pick my statements. Just shows me who really is the desperate/dumb one here. I never said opinions are a myth. I said the official tier list is....

Geez...but ya thanks for your awesome tier list.

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 06:06 PM
You cant win the argument so you have to nick pick my statements. Just shows me who really is the desperate/dumb one here. I never said opinions are a myth. I said the official tier list is....

Geez...but ya thanks for your awesome tier list.

I'm not nitpicking your argument, you straight up said that tier lists are myths and only opinions. I said of course they are opinions and that it's nothing official. No one is claiming they are official and that it's just the general consensus with a few diverging opinions on certain characters which is exactly how I framed my list.

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 06:18 PM
didn't you hear? opinions are illegal on the internet now.

for example, i think Valkyrie is the most overpowered piece of **** excuse for a character, but then the opinion police would come after me.

I understand the point he is trying to make and argue but I'm not arguing against that.

RatedChaotic
05-31-2017, 06:23 PM
I'm not nitpicking your argument, you straight up said that tier lists are myths and only opinions. I said of course they are opinions and that it's nothing official. No one is claiming they are official and that it's just the general consensus with a few diverging opinions on certain characters which is exactly how I framed my list.

Thank you. Just remember not everyone holds the same opinions.

One thing yet amazes me......Your tier list has been the only one that has been posted during this debate....

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Thank you.

For repeating the same thing I said in my original post on tier lists? No problem my dude.

XxHunterHxX
05-31-2017, 07:03 PM
this is just sad...

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 07:17 PM
this is just sad...

Not quite as sad as this.
https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/CV_Eviler

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 07:30 PM

C the rest.

Yoa, would agree from my point of view :)

Sorry forgot that it's a myth like the Loch Ness monster. You heard it here folks, opinions are myths.

This is the answer :D (listen to the text/lyric at the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPaZzQt5DQ&index=16&list=PL8HsFaF-5svsxdWVXzILQHSpD3tfb4DR8

Antonioj26
05-31-2017, 07:40 PM
Yoa, would agree from my point of view :)

This is the answer :D (listen to the text/lyric at the beginning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPaZzQt5DQ&index=16&list=PL8HsFaF-5svsxdWVXzILQHSpD3tfb4DR8

Somi hurry and get home so we can battle

RatedChaotic
06-01-2017, 03:26 PM

Name and shame much. You do know this is against ToS right? Smart guy.

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Name and shame much. You do know this is against ToS right? Smart guy.

Then report me, crybaby.

RatedChaotic
06-01-2017, 03:29 PM
I did. No worries. lol

Antonioj26
06-01-2017, 03:31 PM
I did. No worries. lol

You are right, not a single Fock given on my end.

rossato2109
06-01-2017, 04:06 PM

This score...

It burns my eyes! Why did you link this here!?!?!