PDA

View Full Version : What's taking so long to fix the servers?!!!? Are U even trying?

squatchdog1
05-29-2017, 03:37 AM
So I have done everything UBIsoft said to do to stop getting dropped from games, and it did get a bit better, but not enough to keep me from being frusterated with this game, so you >>>>(The Admins)<<<, when are you going to do something about this issue, this seems like the the biggest problem with this game, screw the ganker issue, screw the leaving the game penalty issue, because you can't get ganked or leave for getting ganked if ya can't play, also screw new worriors, new weapons and new clothing, it does not matter if ya can't play. I have never had this much problem with an MMO server so that tells me you (The Admins) need to get your act together so your costomers can play this AWESOME! game you have developed, other wise I see this game being dead in a year

bmason1000
05-29-2017, 04:30 AM
Bro the admins have nothing to do with any of that. Their domain is the forum. If you have forum issues, they can handle that. Also, our admins here are pretty dope so...be nice to these guys.

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Dude, let me explain it to you with an example.

Let's take the current 1-shot bug:
- This is a specific issue, so the devs have some reference points wherer to start to search for the error in the gamecode.
-> that means such bugs are easier adressed and corrected
- also this bug/glitch has a high priority because it is a big threat to the experience of the game.

in compare to this, the flicker bug:
- in general it is the same like about
- the difference here is the priority, the flicker bug does sure make it harder to reacter properly to Zone attacks, but it doesn't one shot you, so they are taking their time to fix it - also there are other things that have higher priority.

But now about connectivty:
This is a point where they need time to gather informations and to find the possible errors in the coding or elsewhere.
This is a process over time. If a connection error happens, you can send it to ubi to help them, so they can see where this error occured or which error it was.
Also it's not done by just rewriting it one time and then it is fixed, they need to rewrite it -> implent it and see if it works or not, and this process they do over and over, so they testing which settings are the best of a good stability.

Mia.Nora
05-29-2017, 04:48 AM
Dude, let me explain it to you with an example.

Let's take the current 1-shot bug:
- This is a specific issue, so the devs have some reference points wherer to start to search for the error in the gamecode.
-> that means such bugs are easier adressed and corrected
- also this bug/glitch has a high priority because it is a big threat to the experience of the game.

in compare to this, the flicker bug:
- in general it is the same like about
- the difference here is the priority, the flicker bug does sure make it harder to reacter properly to Zone attacks, but it doesn't one shot you, so they are taking their time to fix it - also there are other things that have higher priority.

But now about connectivty:
This is a point where they need time to gather informations and to find the possible errors in the coding or elsewhere.
This is a process over time. If a connection error happens, you can send it to ubi to help them, so they can see where this error occured or which error it was.
Also it's not done by just rewriting it one time and then it is fixed, they need to rewrite it -> implent it and see if it works or not, and this process they do over and over, so they testing which settings are the best of a good stability.

Sadly this is what happens when you avoid proven effective industry standards, and rather go with experimental stuff to save 7 cents.

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 05:10 AM
Sadly this is what happens when you avoid proven effective industry standards, and rather go with experimental stuff to save 7 cents.

That's another topic ;)
I do agree on this, that the connection choice Ubi did isn't optimal for For Honor, and actually, the money they safed due to their choice they are currently investing into fixing the issues they have now with P2P.
But dedicated servers can bring other disadvantages, as an example they are more affected / more sensitive to hacking attacks etc.

bmason1000
05-29-2017, 05:19 AM
That's another topic ;)
I do agree on this, that the connection choice Ubi did isn't optimal for For Honor, and actually, the money they safed due to their choice they are currently investing into fixing the issues they have now with P2P.
But dedicated servers can bring other disadvantages, as an example they are more affected / more sensitive to hacking attacks etc.
I've experienced much less laggy jumping teleporting characters in this game than i have with dedicated servers, which i believe was the deciding factor? It being so unstable was an unforseen circumstance. When it works, it works realllly well, in my opinion anyway. If proper stability can come about, this system will be fantastic. FH2 is going to be incredible, i swear haha.

Haplo_Bane
05-29-2017, 05:23 AM
It is true the admins have no control over the state of the game,and indeed they respond more often than the only other forum I've been on((2k,xcom)now a dead game).They can only tell us what they've been told.Yes,the mushroom syndrome.But as a retired business owner,I can tell you it is not a very lucrative company.Their stocks are not good,and have not been healthy for some time.It has a small rise recently,but is on it's way down again.So even though I sense people teasing them about saving money with the P2P,they probably don't have a choice.It is very likely they literally cannot afford dedicated servers.I would rather have a broken $60 game than have to work for a company with a rapidly declining reputation and an unsure future.

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 05:30 AM
I've experienced much less laggy jumping teleporting characters in this game than i have with dedicated servers, which i believe was the deciding factor? It being so unstable was an unforseen circumstance. When it works, it works realllly well, in my opinion anyway. If proper stability can come about, this system will be fantastic. FH2 is going to be incredible, i swear haha.

Yep, i know what you mean - the point here is, if you want to use a dedicated server you need to invest very much from the beginning to have them working, and afterwards maybe again some.

In the end it will make no real difference.