PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait till the quit penalty is here

IesooMI
05-28-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm beyond sick and tired of games dropping because crybabies quit. I can't wait till the penalty is in place and they start getting banned for acting like children. I've been playing since alpha and have yet to ever quit out of a game under my own power. Wanna know what happens when I get a bad team and we get smoked? I stay in and take my loss like a man and collect my xp and steel. Here's a shocker for ya, you will never get better if you quit out of every game because the other team/opponent is better. You take your lumps and improve and move on. Jesus why is it so accepted to just be a quitter it's like some sick joke.

CandleInTheDark
05-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Here's a shocker for ya, you will never get better if you quit out of every game because the other team/opponent is better.

I heard someone say the same about Battlefield One in a tips for new players video. You're going to get killed by vets, a lot, but that is what forces you to think of different ways of handling things or improves your reactions, you don't get better if you quit to find a group of players less skilled than you. You get better in team games by having better understanding of what you face and by experience in working as a team and what your class' role in a team is.

UbiJurassic
05-28-2017, 11:02 PM
It's been a long requested addition to For Honor, so we're glad to be getting that out to players.

Pestilence1X
05-28-2017, 11:24 PM
Quitters are already penalized for quitting by receiving nothing. Most gamers seem to treasure their precious time, and quitting means you literally wasted your time, so is that not punishment enough? Quitters aren't necessarily directly doing anything to you. Yeah, they might be lessening your chances of winning, but that's it. It's not like everyone is booted from the match when a single person leaves. It doesn't do anything specifically to you. You also still gain something from finishing the match, even if it ended up in a loss. Those quitters however, gain nothing, so they're already punishing themselves.

It's honestly a bit entitled when you think you should be able to punish someone for deciding to leave a match for whatever reason just because it might lessen your chances of winning. Winning isn't everything. Having fun is, and it's really up to you whether or not you have fun, but even if winning was everything, it's not like you automatically lose if your teammates quit. If you want a leaver penalty system to be implemented, then it should be strictly in ranked modes where things are far more serious (but unfortunately For Honor doesn't have that), but not in casual play. You can't just force someone to play something they don't enjoy, especially if it's a game they bought.

Honestly, since all quitting does is lessen your chances of winning, then maybe they should start banning people for sucking at the game, since having crappy teammates also lessens your chances of winning. It's basically the same thing.

Point is, you can't blame everything on your teammates and people should be able to leave if they wish.

IesooMI
05-28-2017, 11:33 PM
Quitters are already penalized for quitting by receiving nothing. Most gamers seem to treasure their precious time, and quitting means you literally wasted your time, so is that not punishment enough? Quitters aren't necessarily directly doing anything to you. Yeah, they might be lessening your chances of winning, but that's it. It's not like everyone is booted from the match when a single person leaves. It doesn't do anything specifically to you. You also still gain something from finishing the match, even if it ended up in a loss. Those quitters however, gain nothing, so they're already punishing themselves.

It's honestly a bit entitled when you think you should be able to punish someone for deciding to leave a match for whatever reason just because it might lessen your chances of winning. Winning isn't everything. Having fun is, and it's really up to you whether or not you have fun. If you want a leaver penalty system to be implemented, then it should be strictly in ranked modes where things are far more serious (but unfortunately For Honor doesn't have that), but not in casual play. You can't just force someone to play something they don't enjoy, especially if it's a game they bought.

Honestly, since all quitting does is lessen your chances of winning, then maybe they should start banning people for sucking at the game, since having crappy teammates lessens your chances of winning. It's basically the same thing.

Point is, you can't blame everything on your teammates and people should be able to leave if they wish.

Since 80%+ of the D/Cs in the game are a result of people quitting it actually does effect other people, everyone in the lobby to be exact. Sucks to lose an entire games progress because someone had their feelings hurt and couldn't handle taking a few deaths/loss. And as far as "playing for fun goes" I have fun when I win. But that doesn't mean I quit when I'm lossing. It's me and rest of the sweaty try hards that are the first to "ready up" after taking a beating because we
Enjoy a challenge and improving our game.

CaptainPwnet
05-28-2017, 11:46 PM
Since 80%+ of the D/Cs in the game are a result of people quitting it actually does effect other people, everyone in the lobby to be exact. Sucks to lose an entire games progress because someone had their feelings hurt and couldn't handle taking a few deaths/loss. And as far as "playing for fun goes" I have fun when I win. But that doesn't mean I quit when I'm lossing. It's me and rest of the sweaty try hards that are the first to "ready up" after taking a beating because we

This is in almost no way the fault of any player. This is the fault of UBI and their poor game design and continuous failure to fix real problems. But now they are planning to penalize their players for their own failings. Not to mention in many cases players can not even tell the difference between a legit quit and a DC due to again, UBI's poor game design and rampant technical issues.

Pestilence1X
05-28-2017, 11:48 PM

Those D/Cs can only be blamed on Ubisoft. NOT the leaver. It's not the leaver's fault the game crashed on you. You can keep insulting people all you want, but there are many reasons for as to why someone left. Even if the largest reason is ragequitting, it shouldn't matter. Still doesn't give you the right to punish them. Kudos to you for staying and taking the loss, but some people are different and handle their stress and anger in different ways.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:01 AM
Those D/Cs can only be blamed on Ubisoft. NOT the leaver. It's not the leaver's fault the game crashed on you. You can keep insulting people all you want, but there are many reasons for as to why someone left. Even if the largest reason is ragequitting, it shouldn't matter. Still doesn't give you the right to punish them. Kudos to you for staying and taking the loss, but some people are different and handle their stress and anger in different ways.

If the game is breaking because of a leaver, of course people blame the leaver. How can I blame Ubisoft for the occasional idiots that are in every game. Not only in For Honor. idiots are idiots. But the lack of penality is a problem. And it will be fixed. We are glad that it will be.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 01:29 AM
If the game is breaking because of a leaver, of course people blame the leaver. How can I blame Ubisoft for the occasional idiots that are in every game. Not only in For Honor. idiots are idiots. But the lack of penality is a problem. And it will be fixed. We are glad that it will be.

wtf are you smoking? It's the leaver's fault that Ubi coded the game to crash? I don't even...

ShadowStepped
05-29-2017, 01:36 AM
I can't wait until the fix the ****ing connections. Here's an idea, Ubisoft loses a dollar every time one of us gets disconnected. I mean seriously. I see the posts and streams they always say yeah we're working on it. Just wait, they will change the new heros again and be like well it's come to our attention that blah blah blah. Ubisoft, you guys even play this **** before you put it out. All about the cash its ridiculous.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:40 AM
wtf are you smoking? It's the leaver's fault that Ubi coded the game to crash? I don't even...

You don't even... That's right

Ulrichvonbek111
05-29-2017, 01:52 AM

You contradict yourself endlessly, ,
The fact is that the people who play this game no matter of winning or losing matches stay to the end of match,,but those who quit and crash the whole match have just stolen people's time and pleasure.
You may think there's nothing wrong with this and Ubi are to blame,,how ignorant.
People who crash the game are keeping their imaginary K/D ratio at a high,,but this is in fact false representation ..
Handling stress and anger,,you make me laugh with such dribble trying to justify their selfishness...
💮💮💮

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 02:00 AM
You contradict yourself endlessly, ,
The fact is that the people who play this game no matter of winning or losing matches stay to the end of match,,but those who quit and crash the whole match have just stolen people's time and pleasure.
You may think there's nothing wrong with this and Ubi are to blame,,how ignorant.
People who crash the game are keeping their imaginary K/D ratio at a high,,but this is in fact false representation ..
Handling stress and anger,,you make me laugh with such dribble trying to justify their selfishness...
������

It's actually you who is ignorant if you believe it is the fault of those players that the game crashed. You honestly think a game should crash when players start leaving? Tell UBI to fix their game and this won't be an issue.

Wolf-Heathen
05-29-2017, 02:01 AM
So have been dedicated severs. Far longer than a quit penalty in fact...

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 02:44 AM
It's been a long requested addition to For Honor, so we're glad to be getting that out to players.

And despite the few people on the forums screaming their little lungs out about it the rest of us wanna thank you.

Its a long needed addition. I just hope the penalties are harsh enough that it actually convinces people to stop leaving.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:14 AM
And despite the few people on the forums screaming their little lungs out about it the rest of us wanna thank you.

Its a long needed addition. I just hope the penalties are harsh enough that it actually convinces people to stop leaving.

Right, so, the next time i will meet a turtle troll in 1v1, i need to actually lose, because I will get penalized if I decide to not waste my time. Yep, totally correct. Because punishing players for just leaving is more important than actually fix the whole game, and its even more important because ubisoft needs an escamotage to make fanboys think its player's fault if the games crash, not ubisoft's fault to having developed a game with their butts

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:28 AM
Right, so, the next time i will meet a turtle troll in 1v1, i need to actually lose, because I will get penalized if I decide to not waste my time. Yep, totally correct. Because punishing players for just leaving is more important than actually fix the whole game, and its even more important because ubisoft needs an escamotage to make fanboys think its player's fault if the games crash, not ubisoft's fault to having developed a game with their butts

Thanks for proving my point lol

There are loads of issues. Leavers are one of them. That is being remedied.

So despite your statement they ARE trying to fix the whole game. The penalties is a step towards that.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:32 AM
Thanks for proving my point lol

My point is actually you beeing stupid sometimes, thats one of these situations.

If I quit, i already giving up my exp and steel. And I will gladly give up these, if that means sparing time with people not interested in actually playing.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:34 AM
My point is actually you beeing stupid sometimes, thats one of these situations.

If I quit, i already giving up my exp and steel. And I will gladly give up these, if that means sparing time with people not interested in actually playing.

Yeah except the fact you still don't care about leaving means that penalty isn't enough to keep you from leaving.

So now you will just keep getting penalized and hopefully it just gets harsher and harsher until you have no choice but to care.

And if that forces you to leave the game entirely?

Even better for the community.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:35 AM
Yeah except the fact you still don't care about leaving means that penalty isn't enough to keep you from leaving.

So now you will just keep getting penalized and hopefully it just gets harsher and harsher until you have no choice but to care.

And if that forces you to leave the game entirely?

Even better for the community.

Yep you are defenetely ******ed

Its not a game that can afford a penalty, too much exploitable BS

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:36 AM
Yep you are defenetely ******ed

Explain how I am wrong.

I'll wait. :)

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:41 AM
Explain how I am wrong.

I'll wait. :)

The fact that you cannot understand that for yourself basically confirms what I say. You are short minded, or just an idiot.

Just finished a 1v1 vs a warlord, ofc the time runned out, because he was trolling me, he blocked all my attacks, without actually engaging a fight.

Since in for honor is actually possible turtle up ad infinitum to just make your opponent "salty", why do I need to actually stay and getting trolled just for his satisfaction ? Wasted the first 5 minutes than I decided to invest my time better and changed lobby.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 03:46 AM
It's only a bandaid to the problems with this game. this is just going to force people to throw the match rather than quit so they can quickly move onto the next. Yeah this will help prevent more DCs but what should be happening is better match making and better connectivity so the games don't crash when people leave which is why I call it a bandaid. It doesn't actually fix anything, all it's going to do is create a new problem. Half the rage quits wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for 4 144s were facing off against greys

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:48 AM
The fact that you cannot understand that for yourself basically confirms what I say. You are short minded, or just an idiot.

Just finished a 1v1 vs a warlord, ofc the time runned out, because he was trolling me, he blocked all my attacks, without actually engaging a fight.

Since in for honor is actually possible turtle up ad infinitum to just make your opponent "salty", why do I need to actually stay and getting trolled just for his satisfaction ? Wasted the first 5 minutes than I decided to invest my time better and changed lobby.

The fact you don't like the turtle meta doesn't give you the right to leave.

The fact people are losing doesn't give them the right to leave.

The fact people bought the game doesn't give them the right to leave.

The fact people don't like their team or the way the other team is playing doesn't give them the right to leave.

There is a reason why the vast majority of games have punishments for ragequitting. It ruins the game for everyone else because of your own selfishness. You people care more about your gameplay experience than the experience of everyone else in the lobby. By leaving you are directly affecting the way other people experience the game due to no other reason than your own indifference or selfishness.

Thats not okay. If you don't care thats fine. The penalties will make you care or if you continue to not care despite being penalized they will hopefully make your experience so miserable that you just leave. You people who leave for selfish reasons are toxic to this game.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 03:51 AM

The fact people don't like their team or the way the other team is playing doesn't give them the right to leave.

There is a reason why the vast majority of games have punishments for ragequitting. It ruins the game for everyone else because of your own selfishness. You people care more about your gameplay experience than the experience of everyone else in the lobby. By leaving you are directly affecting the way other people experience the game due to no other reason than your own indifference or selfishness.

Thats not okay. If you don't care thats fine. The penalties will make you care or if you continue to not care despite being penalized they will hopefully make your experience so miserable that you just leave. You people who leave for selfish reasons are toxic to this game.

Lol so you have to be at the whim of a stranger for 10-15 minutes because it's a shin who wants to run the entire time or a conq/warlord who wants to just sit there in all guard and not fight back? Makes tons of sense. You don't allow any sort of grey.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:52 AM

You are completely ******ed ffs.

Defensive meta is a thing, trolling people because you are a lifeless idiot its another matter.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:55 AM
Lol so you have to be at the whim of a stranger for 10-15 minutes because it's a shin who wants to run the entire time or a conq/warlord who wants to just sit there in all guard and not fight back? Makes tons of sense. You don't allow any sort of grey.

Because there is no sort of grey. You queue up for a match then you play the match.

Even if the Shinobi run his little nuts off he will still lose if he never stops and fights. If the Conq doesn't want to fight thats fine because he will never win that way.

You people are trying to make the case that not liking the way a person plays or your own annoyance as reasons to justify your leaving. Too bad. They aren't good enough reasons to affect the game for everyone else. Just like how being ganked or losing by alot isn't a good enough reason to leave.

You are completely ******ed ffs.

Defensive meta is a thing, trolling people because you are a lifeless idiot its another matter.

You keep insulting me rather than giving an actual reason why I am wrong.

Your own annoyance with the turtle meta doesn't give you the right to leave any match with someone playing defensively because as you just said yourself the Turtle meta is still apart of the game. Playing defensively is still a viable tactic. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it trolling.

Instead of countering that point you basically come back with a "NUH UH" and insult me.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:01 AM
Because there is no sort of grey. You queue up for a match then you play the match.

Even if the Shinobi run his little nuts off he will still lose if he never stops and fights. If the Conq doesn't want to fight thats fine because he will never win that way.

You people are trying to make the case that not liking the way a person plays or your own annoyance as reasons to justify your leaving. Too bad. They aren't good enough reasons to affect the game for everyone else. Just like how being ganked or losing by alot isn't a good enough reason to leave.

Your own annoyance with the turtle meta doesn't give you the right to leave any match with someone playing defensively because as you just said yourself the Turtle meta is still apart of the game. Playing defensively is still a viable tactic. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it trolling.

Instead of countering that point you basically come back with a "NUH UH" and insult me.

You are insulting your own IQ every post you make. I would really avoid to insulting you, but theres is time to talk, and time to actually laugh at you, the time to talk has passed. Now i will respectfully laugh at you. Tell us the truth, you were that warlord who trolled me for an entire match

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:04 AM

If he's not looking to win then he doesn't care if he loses. He's wanting to troll people and by forcing people to play the match then gets to do that. Makes zero sense to make someone stay 3-5 matches in a duel or elimination because some jerk wants to control the game. I'm not talking about playing defensively, I'm talking about actively griefing.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:09 AM
You are insulting your own IQ every post you make. I would really avoid to insulting you, but theres is time to talk, and time to actually laugh at you, the time to talk has passed. Now i will respectfully laugh at you. Tell us the truth, you were that warlord who trolled me for an entire match

Okay then I accept you don't have any intelligent response then because you apparently can't counter my point.

I tell you that your own annoyance isn't a good enough reason to leave and all you can say in return is insults and yet you claim that I am the one embarrassing myself lol

If he's not looking to win then he doesn't care if he loses. He's wanting to troll people and by forcing people to play the match then gets to do that. Makes zero sense to make someone stay 3-5 matches in a duel or elimination because some jerk wants to control the game. I'm not talking about playing defensively, I'm talking about actively griefing.

Thats what the Report for Griefing function is for.

That one example is not not enough of an argument to allow EVERYONE to leave games whenever they want.

I would rather a handful of people get trolled occasionally than continue having this mess of people throwing hissy fits and leaving matches because things aren't going their way.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:11 AM
Okay then I accept you don't have any intelligent response then.

Better luck next time.

Thats what the Report for Griefing function is for.

That one example is not not enough of an argument to allow EVERYONE to leave games whenever they want.

I would rather a handful of people get trolled occasionally than continue having this mess of people throwing hissy fits and leaving matches because things aren't going their way.

Then there's the grey you mentioned that doesn't exist. One example and there are others. Like I said this is just going to create a bigger problem with people throwing the matches on purpose to get them over with.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 04:14 AM

Hey look a raging kid we have here. Can you compose a single sentence without insulting somebody?
Coyote has a point you know. But regardless if you agree with him or not, you prove yourself brainless if you are raging and screaming for your toys because somebody disagrees with you. Now you know why you people are losing the debate and quit penality will be applied ANYWAY. You have nothing constructive to say

Of course you are rage quitting. You are raging in the forums too. Duh....

Maybe multiplayer games are too much for you to emotionally handle

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:16 AM
Then there's the grey you mentioned that doesn't exist. One example and there are others. Like I said this is just going to create a bigger problem with people throwing the matches on purpose to get them over with.

Like I said. Thats what the report function is for. Its pretty easy to tell if someone is intentionally tanking the match and even then they are only costing themselves time and stats by throwing a fit like a child. The penalties are coming because the community has been begging for them and the Devs also don't like that people are leaving matches and ruining the game for everyone else.

If you guys are seriously THAT affected by the changes then it will show in the community feedback and the data the Devs get in the weeks following the release of the penalty system. Otherwise the only people who will be stamping their feet and getting mad are the kids who are mad they can't leave any game that doesn't go their way.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:16 AM

He plays on psn and is a zerk main. He's just stubborn and only sees in black and white.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:18 AM
Hey look a raging kid we have here. Can you compose a single sentence without insulting somebody?
Coyote has a point you know. But regardless if you agree with him or not, you prove yourself brainless if you are raging and screaming for your toys because somebody disagrees with you. Now you know why you people are losing the debate and quit penality will be applied ANYWAY. You have nothing constructive to say

Of course you are rage quitting. You are raging in the forums too. Duh....

The only points coyote has, are probably the ones on his driving license. The whole argument is like the ubisoft network, all fall into pieces. There are literally dozens of example on page 1 of general discussions, about WHY making a penalY NOW is just as good as their p2p system.

The fact coyote runs mainly in premades facerolling pugs with his "friends" on discord or wherevere he facerolls on, makes his points even more invalid.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:20 AM
Like I said. Thats what the report function is for. Its pretty easy to tell if someone is intentionally tanking the match and even then they are only costing themselves time and stats by throwing a fit like a child. The penalties are coming because the community has been begging for them and the Devs also don't like that people are leaving matches and ruining the game for everyone else.

If you guys are seriously THAT affected by the changes then it will show in the community feedback and the data the Devs get in the weeks following the release of the penalty system. Otherwise the only people who will be stamping their feet and getting mad are the kids who are mad they can't leave any game that doesn't go their way.

Report, oh you mean the same report that literally did nothing to the dozens of afk farmers ? Get real kid, the game in its current state is not ready to punish players. Just get your facts straight,

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:21 AM
He plays on psn and is a zerk main. He's just stubborn and only sees in black and white.

Even my dog sees in black and white, but sometimes I can reason with him.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 04:23 AM
The only points coyote has, are probably the ones on his driving license. The whole argument is like the ubisoft network, all fall into pieces. There are literally dozens of example on page 1 of general discussions, about WHY making a penalY NOW is just as good as their p2p system.

The fact coyote runs mainly in premades facerolling pugs with his "friends" on discord or wherevere he facerolls on, makes his points even more invalid.

The only thing is falling apart right now your emotional state. Meanwhile we enjoy our game. It's weird to defend a penality against idiots because they behave like idiots. If you have technical issues, you can address it to their tech support. Or we can talk about it here, to see how we can help you out. But rage quitting is not a technical issue. It's an issue with your behavior. And of course people are not interested to put up with that much longer. so penalities will be in place.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:27 AM
The only thing is falling apart right now your emotional state. Meanwhile we enjoy our game. It's weird to defend a penality against idiots because they behave like idiots. If you have technical issues, you can address it to their tech support. Or we can talk about it here, to see how we can help you out. But rage quitting is not a technical issue. It's an issue with your behavior. And of course people are not interested to put up with that much longer. so penalities will be in place.

"We enjoy our game"

You and ? Roman ?Nah even he admitted the game needs a rework LOL

You are so wrong that I cannot even tell you why. Read again the whole discussions, do 1+1 if you are capable off, and then take a lomg breath.

Many of the fundamentals don't work, and I cannot be penalized because the game its still in a pre beta state. Get real.

CoyoteXStarrk
The fact coyote runs mainly in premades facerolling pugs with his "friends" on discord or wherever he facerolls on, makes his points even more invalid.

I don't actually, but if it makes you feel better to think that then go for it lol

You are so wrong that I cannot even tell you why.

This is a remarkably accurate way of describing what you are doing.

You keep saying we are wrong, but have yet to accurately explain why lol

Antonioj26

Maybe I don't want to give the guy the satisfaction of reporting him, again that's what he wants. It's not a solution to the problem, the matches are still going to suck and people are going to still rage quit. connectivity issues are going to be there too and now the player that gets banned decides he has no reason to comeback to a game that has crap balance, crap connection, and crap match making. This game has gotten so much worse with S2 and this will only aid in putting the final nail in this coffin.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 04:29 AM
"We enjoy our game"

You and ? Roman ?Nah even he admitted the game needs a rework LOL

You are so wrong that I cannot even tell you why. Read again the whole discussions, do 1+1 if you are capable off, and then take a lomg breath.

Many of the fundamentals don't work, and I cannot be penalized because the game its already in a pre beta state. Get real.

Yes we enjoy our game. Otherwise we would not play it.
And yes we know that there are issues with it.
And your point is.... what exactly? Oh you don't have a point. got ya.

CoyoteXStarrk
Maybe I don't want to give the guy the satisfaction of reporting him, again that's what he wants. It's not a solution to the problem, the matches are still going to suck and people are going to still rage quit. connectivity issues are going to be there too and now the player that gets banned decides he has no reason to comeback to a game that has crap balance, crap connection, and crap match making. This game has gotten so much worse with S2 and this will only aid in putting the final nail in this coffin.

I'm genuinely sorry you feel that way.

Hope you find the right game for you man. Good luck.

Oh BTW I saw last page you talking crap about how I see only in black and white, but you also pointed out that I am a Zerker. What does that have to do with anything? Just mildly curious

Netcode_err_404

Unless ubisoft take their heads off their butts and decide to actually fix the game first and THEN implementing a quit penalty. You know, like every minded software house would do.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 04:33 AM
Unless ubisoft take their heads off their butts and decide to actually fix the game first and THEN implementing a quit penalty. You know, like every minded software house would do.

Seems like you are living under the impression that you are given the privilege to set a timeline for fixes. Yeah many things must be done. And if something can be done sooner we should not wait for something ELSE to be fixed, because you personally like the way it is. It's not up to you. I would like to see those issues mentioned by you also fixed. That doesn't mean that the quit penality should not be applied if it can be done now.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:36 AM
Seems like you are living under the impression that you are given the privilege to set a timeline for fixes. Yeah many things must be done. And if something can be done sooner we should not wait for something ELSE to be fixed, because you personally like the way it is. It's not up to you. I would like to see those issues mentioned by you also fixed. That doesn't mean that the quit penality should not be applied if it can be done now.

Except that it does. The game is in beta stage, and in betas usually people can quit.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:37 AM
I'm genuinely sorry you feel that way.

Hope you find the right game for you man. Good luck.

Oh BTW I saw last page you talking crap about how I see only in black and white, but you also pointed out that I am a Zerker. What does that have to do with anything? Just mildly curious

I was having fun and still and am to some extent but things are just taking a huge turn for the worse. Things aren't getting better, and I brought up you being a zerk because he was jokingly accusing you of being the warlord that was turtling him. It's not really talking crap when your exact words were "there is no sort of grey."

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:39 AM
I was having fun and still and am to some extent but things are just taking a huge turn for the worse. Things aren't getting better, and I brought up you being a zerk because he was jokingly accusing you of being the warlord that was turtling him. It's not really talking crap when your exact words were "there is no sort of grey."

Because in this situation there isn't.

You either ragequit and you deserve to be penalized for affecting everyone elses enjoyment. I cannot put into words how much I don't care about your excuse for doing so.

Or you don't.

Its seems pretty simple to me. There are plenty of grey areas in this game, but ragequitters and how they should be treated is not one of them. If you disagree that totally fine.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 04:39 AM
Except that it does. The game is in beta stage, and in betas usually people can quit.

Nope, the game is not in Beta stage. Next?

kweassa1917
05-29-2017, 04:41 AM

The game's fine, thx. The world doesn't revolve around you and your Lawb fetish. The fact you can't seem to make headway with it doesn't mean game's broken.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:42 AM
Because in this situation there isn't.

You either ragequit and you deserve to be penalized for affecting everyone elses enjoyment. I cannot put into words how much I don't care about your excuse for doing so.

Or you don't.

Its seems pretty simple to me. There are plenty of grey areas in this game, but ragequitters and how they should be treated is not one of them. If you disagree that totally fine.

You just admitted the situation I laid out was an exception and that was the first one that popped up in my head. I'm sure I could come up with others if I cared enough or had the energy. I only brought that up anyway since you asked why I was talking crap when clearly I just said what you said.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:44 AM

Certainly plays like it is with the amount of bugs, connection problems, matchmaking, and charActer imbalances there are. It's not exactly well thought out or well executed.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:45 AM

You wish. Damn i would wish too

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:46 AM
You just admitted the situation I laid out was an exception and that was the first one that popped up in my head. I'm sure I could come up with others if I cared enough or had the energy. I only brought that up anyway since you asked why I was talking crap when clearly I just said what you said.

I never said that it was exception. I essentially said "That sucks, but it doesn't excuse everyone else for leaving"

A handful of idiots trolling does not give the entirety of the playerbase the right to leave a game whenever it tickles their pickle to do so. You can bring up any imaginary situation you want and I will tell you the same thing. That it sucks, but it doesn't change anything.

I would rather have all the ragequitters penalized and a few innocent players suffer as a result then have no ragequitters punished at all.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:55 AM
I never said that it was exception. I essentially said "That sucks, but it doesn't excuse everyone else for leaving"

A handful of idiots trolling does not give the entirety of the playerbase the right to leave a game whenever it tickles their pickle to do so. You can bring up any imaginary situation you want and I will tell you the same thing. That it sucks, but it doesn't change anything.

I would rather have all the ragequitters penalized and a few innocent players suffer as a result then have no ragequitters punished at all.

Absolutely absurd. I mean I should have known there was no such thing as reasoning with you after the whole "valk infinite" thing but I guess there was some small part of me that thought you could actually look at things from different a perspective than your own. Whatever, ubi is doing a great job at dodging the actual problems with this game by creating this so good for them. It's a lot easier and cheaper than putting in the man hours to implement stability and balance. It's just a shame that such a great idea was so poorly executed. I doubt there will be a for honor 2 but if there is I'll probably hold off on buying if they haven't fixed these issues.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 05:01 AM
Absolutely absurd. I mean I should have known there was no such thing as reasoning with you after the whole "valk infinite" thing but I guess there was some small part of me that thought you could actually look at things from different a perspective than your own. Whatever, ubi is doing a great job at dodging the actual problems with this game by creating this so good for them. It's a lot easier and cheaper than putting in the man hours to implement stability and balance. It's just a shame that such a great idea was so poorly executed. I doubt there will be a for honor 2 but if there is I'll probably hold off on buying if they haven't fixed these issues.

Then we will have to agree to disagree.

I favor the game being better for the majority of players. If some people have a bad time then that sucks, but its gonna be WAY less than the number of people who are suffering right now. With any luck the penalties will be harsh enough to drive away the more toxic players entirely. Yeah it may suck for a few people occasionally, but its better for the game in the long run to not have people leaving matches whenever they want.

If that makes me a bad person to you then I think I will live. You can thank Ubisoft when 2 months down the line the community is better off due to the ragequitters either leaving or adjusting to the new rules.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 05:11 AM
Then we will have to agree to disagree.

I favor the game being better for the majority of players. If some people have a bad time then that sucks, but its gonna be WAY less than the number of people who are suffering right now. With any luck the penalties will be harsh enough to drive away the more toxic players entirely. Yeah it may suck for a few people occasionally, but its better for the game in the long run to not have people leaving matches whenever they want.

If that makes me a bad person to you then I think I will live. You can thank Ubisoft when 2 months down the line the community is better off due to the ragequitters either leaving or adjusting to the new rules.

Who said anything about being a bad person? This isn't better for the community though the games playerbase is going to continue to shrink until they actually fix the game instead of waving shiny toys in our faces or brushing the real problems under the rug. I fear the community will be dead in 2 months so I doubt I'll be thanking them for playing the same 100 guys when the matches actually work.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Who said anything about being a bad person? This isn't better for the community though the games playerbase is going to continue to shrink until they actually fix the game instead of waving shiny toys in our faces or brushing the real problems under the rug. I fear the community will be dead in 2 months so I doubt I'll be thanking them for playing the same 100 guys when the matches actually work.

You act like this is a smokescreen and that they are just gonna stop fixing stuff.

Are there more important things to fix? Of course there are, but this is the fix we are getting right now. The other fixes will get here here eventually (I hope) and then there will be more balance fixes and bugs to repair after that.

Do you just expect them to release one HUGE patch that just fixes everything forever? Because thats not how games work.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 05:25 AM
You act like this is a smokescreen and that they are just gonna stop fixing stuff.

Are there more important things to fix? Of course there are, but this is the fix we are getting right now. The other fixes will get here here eventually (I hope) and then there will be more balance fixes and bugs to repair after that.

Do you just expect them to release one HUGE patch that just fixes everything forever? Because thats not how games work.

I expect the game to be ready and working on release with maybe a few minor bugs. I especially expect that three months after launch. That is one thing we can agree about, that's not how games work. They tend to be finished at launch and not requiring a giant patch to do the simplest thing like get a decent match going and being able to complete it.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 05:30 AM
I expect the game to be ready and working on release with maybe a few minor bugs. I especially expect that three months after launch. That is one thing we can agree about, that's not how games work. They tend to be finished at launch and not requiring a giant patch to do the simplest thing like get a decent match going and being able to complete it.

On that we do agree, but in this case we weren't that lucky.

So we are stuck in taking what we can get when we get it.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 05:33 AM
On that we do agree, but in this case we weren't that lucky.

So we are stuck in taking what we can get when we get it.

I realize your name is coyote but that doesn't make you a dog. You are a man so act like one, don't accept scraps on the floor just because it's all that we are given.

Haplo_Bane
05-29-2017, 05:34 AM
antonio,coyote...shut up and kiss already.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 05:38 AM

I would but I'm holding out for Lord still.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 05:42 AM

Anton is nice, but I'm holding out hope Candle will finally see that I am the only person who truly loves him even if he is a filthy dirty PeaceKeeper. :(

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 06:27 AM
Anton is nice, but I'm holding out hope Candle will finally see that I am the only person who truly loves him even if he is a filthy dirty PeaceKeeper. :(

This reminds me of something xD

No no no, my dear Candle, it's okay to be a Peacekeeper these days you know. Shinobi / Centurion on the other hand .... ;)

That sounds like being PK main is similar to be gay o.o

Mikidjolejoca
05-29-2017, 06:40 AM
I'm ok with the penalty for the rage quitters.
More than 50 matches that i played in last few days where destroyed because of them.
Ubisoft has my support on this one.

Pestilence1X
05-29-2017, 07:13 AM

How exactly is ragequitting affecting everyone else's enjoyment? The only thing it truly affects is yourself. Yeah, you may be affecting your team's chances for success, but then again, it might make absolutely no difference. You could honestly have a better chance at winning since bots can sometimes be better than players! You should be able to make the decision to leave if you so choose. You're already penalized by losing your end match rewards, which means you wasted your time, and gamers seem to treasure their time.

Like I said though, it really doesn't affect you all that much when your teammates leave. As long as the match continues and doesn't have errors or crashes, then you're fine. It's honestly disgusting how entitled you ****ers think you are when you think you should have the right to punish someone for apparently "ruining your fun" or "wasting your time" when for one, they aren't wasting your time when you can still play the rest of the match and earn your rewards, and two, it's up to you whether or not you're having fun. Not them. If you think that leavers should be banned for "ruining your experience," then maybe you should also ban ****ty players because they also ruin your experience..

It really just comes down to winning. If you play a dominion match and all 3 of your teammates quit and you end up losing the match, would it not be the same thing as just having 3 ****ty teammates who'd also cause you to lose that match? It's the exact same outcome. You can blame it on leavers and say they ruined your chances of winning, but it's no different than just having ****ty teammates. Them leaving does not personally affect you in any way (as long as the matches' stability is in check, which you can only blame on Ubisoft, not the leavers). You're still able to continue with the match. You still gain rewards for completing the match. What did they do exactly to specifically affect you? Lower your chances of winning? It's still up to them whether you win or lose apparently. They can stay and purposefully play horribly (since apparently AFKing is just as bad as leaving, if not worse) and the outcome would be the same, but does that mean you have the right to punish them?

And if you're going to bring up the "ragequitting = crashes and D/Cs argument, then don't because you can only blame Ubisoft for that one. Leavers might be the reasons for such crashes and D/Cs, but you can't specifically blame them.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 07:22 AM
How exactly is ragequitting affecting everyone else's enjoyment? The only thing it truly affects is yourself. Yeah, you may be affecting your team's chances for success, but then again, it might make absolutely no difference. You could honestly have a better chance at winning since bots can sometimes be better than players! You should be able to make the decision to leave if you so choose. You're already penalized by losing your end match rewards, which means you wasted your time, and gamers seem to treasure their time.

Like I said though, it really doesn't affect you all that much when your teammates leave. As long as the match continues and doesn't have errors or crashes, then you're fine. It's honestly disgusting how entitled you ****ers think you are when you think you should have the right to punish someone for apparently "ruining your fun" or "wasting your time" when for one, they aren't wasting your time when you can still play the rest of the match and still earn your rewards, and two, it's up to you whether or not you're having fun. Not them. If you think that leavers should be banned for "ruining your experience," then maybe you should also ban ****ty players because they also ruin your experience as well.

It really just comes down to winning. If you play a dominion match and all 3 of your teammates quit and you end up losing the match, would it not be the same thing as just having 3 ****ty teammates who'd also cause you to lose that match? It's the exact same outcome. You can blame it on leavers and say they ruined your chances of winning, but it's no different than just having ****ty teammates. Them leaving does not affect you in any way (as long as the matches' stability is in check, which you can only blame on Ubisoft, not the leavers). You're still able to continue with the match. You still gain rewards for completing the match. What did they do exactly to specifically affect you? Lower your chances of winning? It's still up to them whether you win or lose apparently. They can stay and purposefully play horribly (since apparently AFKing is just as bad as leaving, if not worse) and the outcome would be the same, but does that mean you have the right to punish them?

People like you who think this way don't deserve to play team based games.

You don't give a crap about anyone but yourself, and if leaving screws your team you don't care either. You even try denying it affects them by coming up with some assbackwards logic excuse that losing because your entire team quit is the same as losing because your team sucks.

Its not the same. Its not even CLOSE to being the same. The players who are bad, but still stay in the match and take their lumps in the hopes of getting better are INFINITELY more qualified to play this game than the ragequitting kids throwing hissy fits because the match isn't going the way they want it to.

At least a bad team stays and TRIES and doesn't leave at the first sign of a loss. People who play games that way are pathetic and childish. You aren't doing good? Too F***ing bad then. You are seriously gonna be so salty over dying and getting beaten that you are gonna cost your team a win or possibly cost the lobby a game?

Also I know its Ubisofts fault the lobbies crash, but its YOUR fault for leaving and causing th ecrash in the first place. Ubi isn't holding a gun to your head and telling you to behave like a spoiled brat.

So take your "It doesn't affect you" excuse and shove it. It DOES affect others and you are being a selfish tool by leaving. You are almost guaranteeing that your team is gonna lose and not only that you are potentially going to make OTHER players drop out of the match by your leaving either due to the instability caused by you leaving or people leaving because YOU left.

Nut the hell up and take the loss. You don't win 100% of the time and not every match is gonna go your way. Quit ruining the game for everyone else. Thats why the penalties are coming and I hope to god that its so infuraiting for you people that you can't leave anytime you want that you people just leave. The game is infinitely better off without people who play that way.

Danioku
05-29-2017, 10:14 AM

Why not fix the game instead ?

Why not develop a proper MatchMaking system like the one that any other multiplayer game has ? - long requested addition -

Why not fix bugs and glitches that are infesting the game since Alpha ? (and btw punishing players for exploiting one of the many bugs that YOUR game has it's ridicolous as well, just fix it lol) -long requested addition -

Why not learn how to balance a multiplayer game maybe ? (i suggest you an internship to Riot Games, Valve or Blizzard, it could work)

Why not buy dedicated servers instead of sticking with this "new type of P2P architecture (LOL)" that has never ever worked ? - long requested addition -

Leaver penality come after you fixed all of this, not before or get ready to lose even more of those fools that are still playing this (broken) game....

And ye, to me this game has some awesome things that make me love it but i never ever seen a company managing such a great potencial in such a bad way, sometimes i cant even belive i'm still playing after all the BS i've seen and that i keep seeing...

Ontari
05-29-2017, 10:17 AM
I just hope that the penalty will not include the instances where THE GAME KICKS YOU OUT OF MATCH due to error or whatever. It is already so annoying and discouraging that if I were to be given some penalty for that, I think I would not bear it and quit the game.

Besides, sometimes I just have to leave the match to do my duties, meet with friends who pick me up, or whatever. So a penalty like a 10 minute pause between the next match would be ideal - it would not punish people who really have to quit the game, and it would punish the rage quitters.

But in all honesty though - fix the game first, so it won't disconnect players, before you even think about punishing the quitters, Or at least learn the punishing system to diferentiate between a rage quitter and an "error guy".

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 10:35 AM

Why not develop a proper MatchMaking system like the one that any other multiplayer game has ? - long requested addition -

Why not fix bugs and glitches that are infesting the game since Alpha ? (and btw punishing players for exploiting one of the many bugs that YOUR game has it's ridicolous as well, just fix it lol) -long requested addition -

Why not learn how to balance a multiplayer game maybe ? (i suggest you an internship to Riot Games, Valve or Blizzard, it could work)

Why not buy dedicated servers instead of sticking with this "new type of P2P architecture (LOL)" that has never ever worked ? - long requested addition -

Leaver penality come after you fixed all of this, not before or get ready to lose even more of those fools that are still playing this (broken) game....

And ye, to me this game has some awesome things that make me love it but i never ever seen a company managing such a great potencial in such a bad way, sometimes i cant even belive i'm still playing after all the BS i've seen and that i keep seeing...

Why not they do ALL of that and still punish ragequitters :)

Thats the end game.

teamspirit1
05-29-2017, 03:15 PM

please do it asap.these salty f**** cant digest defeat in video game.tired of getting rewards denied after hard faught match just because salt kings cant digest loss and quit at end.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:21 PM
please do it asap.these salty f**** cant digest defeat in video game.tired of getting rewards denied after hard faught match just because salt kings cant digest loss and quit at end.

True.

Lets just DO NOT TALK about black screen bug, wardens death squad who are abusing the glitch, MM problems, network stability, core mechanics that allow you to literally troll a guy for 5 minutes withut being able to do nothing. Premade vs pugs. WHo cares about the above right ? LEts just punish the ones that want to do a decent game instead, the perefct scapegoat to justify ubisoft 1990 network services.

IesooMI
05-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Nice to see this is generating some attention, now I'm going to clear a few things up for the people who can't seem to understand things

#1 matchmaking: what do you want for MM? It's a competitive fighting game, you aren't going to win every single match and only play scrubs in any fighting game.
It dosent happen and shouldn't happen if you ever want to improve.

#2 P2P. Every fighting game from MK to SF to KI is P2P it's just the way it is. People crying nonstop about it since the games launch haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

#3 you wanna know for honors biggest problem? The community, the people in the community who bought the game without having a god damn clue that it's a fighting game, this isn't cod or Skyrim where you can just BS your way through. It's a game with a high skill curve and I love it.

You either accept it and work together to make the game a better game or uninstall and go buy yourself some other game that will hold your hand and give you plenty of ribbons/medals for sucking.

Now I'm going to go play the game I love and crush some scrubby wardens who are trying to exploit.

C.More
05-29-2017, 03:47 PM
True.

Lets just DO NOT TALK about black screen bug, wardens death squad who are abusing the glitch, MM problems, network stability, core mechanics that allow you to literally troll a guy for 5 minutes withut being able to do nothing. Premade vs pugs. WHo cares about the above right ? LEts just punish the ones that want to do a decent game instead, the perefct scapegoat to justify ubisoft 1990 network services.

Wtf?
Not a long time ago you were the victims of an unfair and faulty game system and
now ragequitters are the white knight in shimmering armor fighting for the right of the poor oppressed gamer?
Come on...

But think about why most people complain about ragequitter and want to get rid of them as the first problem than the other problems. Maybe you'll get it.

Vingrask
05-29-2017, 04:01 PM
It's actually you who is ignorant if you believe it is the fault of those players that the game crashed. You honestly think a game should crash when players start leaving? Tell UBI to fix their game and this won't be an issue.

People shouldn't leave.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 04:03 PM
Nice to see this is generating some attention, now I'm going to clear a few things up for the people who can't seem to understand things

#1 matchmaking: what do you want for MM? It's a competitive fighting game, you aren't going to win every single match and only play scrubs in any fighting game.

#2 P2P. Every fighting game from MK to SF to KI is P2P it's just the way it is. People crying nonstop about it since the games launch haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

#3 you wanna know for honors biggest problem? The community, the people in the community who bought the game without having a god damn clue that it's a fighting game, this isn't cod or Skyrim where you can just BS your way through. It's a game with a high skill curve and I love it.

You either accept it and work together to make the game a better game or uninstall and go buy yourself some other game that will hold your hand and give you plenty of ribbons/medals for sucking.

Now I'm going to go play the game I love and crush some scrubby wardens who are trying to exploit.

#1 stop putting words in peoples mouths, they aren't saying they want to win every match. They are saying it's terribly lazy that a Group of 144s rep 10s are facing off against greys that are rep 1.

#2 that would be all great in 1v1 situations just like the games you mentioned but that isn't the case and as a result 4v4s are constantly crashing whenever someone drops or leaves.

#3 lol high skill curve? Yeah totally dude. It's totally skillful to turtle up and spam the same unblockables until you or your opponent is dead. This isn't a fighting game either, you wouldn't see it at the evo or any other major tournament even if it had enough of a playerbase to contend with the games that are in it.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:18 PM

Random words from someone who clearly want to make himself ridicolous.

You got me at "It's a competitive fighting game".

Now I see why overwatch has thousand of active players, and for honor hasn't.

Wolf-Heathen
05-29-2017, 05:43 PM

So were dedicated servers, from as far back as open beta days. Yeah, how about them servers....

teamspirit1
05-29-2017, 06:00 PM
so if you go to college pay thousands of dollars for your class and you get and incompetent teacher that blows you shouldn't change teachers you should try to bear through it and hope u pass?

lolol.kudos to you for cpmparing a video game with college.i bet when you are playing a match irl e.g. football , you run away and quit the match if you are loosing.lmao.

teamspirit1
05-29-2017, 06:09 PM
no because im not facing a ****ing NFL TEAM U DUMB ****.thats like setting NFL with little league are u ****ing ******ed HOLY ****.

lol.calm your tits.its just video game and you cant win everytime in a game or real life.

Danioku
05-29-2017, 06:11 PM
lolol.kudos to you for cpmparing a video game with college.i bet when you are playing a match irl e.g. football , you run away and quit the match if you are loosing.lmao.

Are you actually comparing a video game with a football match ?

rossato2109
05-29-2017, 06:17 PM

Whats has been long requested addition to For Honor is to Ubisoft to FIX THEIR AWFUL CONECTION PROBLEMS. Guess you didn't notice the complains since release.

Force people to get ****ed by premade groups and you will have two situations, either they will quit the game for good (bad for Ubisoft) or they will find new ways to "disconect" (as if we didnt have enough) to prevent punishment.

Either works for me.

rossato2109
05-29-2017, 06:20 PM

Thats UBISOFT FAULT, not the players fault. If the game conection cannot handle people leaving, something is wrong with the game, not with the players. This is just a way for Ubisoft to attempt dodging the conection problems once again. Poor fools can't see that.

ONYX_x5
05-29-2017, 08:13 PM
UbiJurassic said:
Yesterday 10:02 PM
It's been a long requested addition to For Honor, so we're glad to be getting that out to players.. Thank you. YOU ARE ALL OVER THE ONE SHOT KILL AND THE EXTORT TO BE GANKED. Got your chest all puffed out. Long requested you said... LMAO.. *** hats are just not going to respond or make a move to the many many other requests. Want to stop people from leaving? Fix the game. They are leaving for a reason. They want to play, not get ganked. Morons

ViciousOphidian
05-29-2017, 08:48 PM
ITT people congratulating Ubisoft for finding more ways to NOT pay for Dedicated Servers. I can't wait until people start getting banned for leaving games and Steam Charts starts showing triple digits.

KalkPost
05-29-2017, 08:57 PM
And then you realize the game interruptions aren't due to rage quits but due to ****ty matchmaking.

I'm beyond sick and tired of games dropping because crybabies quit. I can't wait till the penalty is in place and they start getting banned for acting like children. I've been playing since alpha and have yet to ever quit out of a game under my own power. Wanna know what happens when I get a bad team and we get smoked? I stay in and take my loss like a man and collect my xp and steel. Here's a shocker for ya, you will never get better if you quit out of every game because the other team/opponent is better. You take your lumps and improve and move on. Jesus why is it so accepted to just be a quitter it's like some sick joke.

Antonioj26
05-29-2017, 09:13 PM
ITT people congratulating Ubisoft for finding more ways to NOT pay for Dedicated Servers. I can't wait until people start getting banned for leaving games and Steam Charts starts showing triple digits.

It's pretty insane how many people think this is going to be the solution to the problems with this game when it's actually going to create far more.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 11:30 PM

You are so wrong and blind man lol.

#1 It its not a fighting game. It's some sort of online melee action game with a gear system that creates differences in power level. Also In an actual fighting game you are matched up based on a supposed rank to try and offer more even matches considering player skill. For Honor does nothing to even try to match players in an even and blanced manner. It just throws together whoever it finds that it figures will have a decent connection. Characters are chosen after you queue so it has no way to match players based on their gearscore either. Then there is also no seperate queues for 4 man premades. All of this continuosly leads to lopsided and unfair matches in many respects. There are any number of ways UBI could have remedied many of these problems, but here we are almost 4 months after release and nothing. But we got a leaver penalty coming instead of implementing basic features that should have been in on release that could help remedy the problem of leavers in the first place.

#2 Again not a fighting game, every game you listed there is strictly 1v1 matches on a very static small stage in comparison to For Honor's map and AI minions with up to 8 players all fighting at the same time. Your com[parison is completely asinine and shows YOU have not got a clue what you are talking about. P2P may work in those games cause there is MUCH less for the network to handle compared to For Honor. Also The matches breaking down when someone leaves never should have been an issue at launch much less almost 4 months after launch.

#3 Again NOT A FIGHTING GAME. This is so ironic you keep saying this and that others don't have a clue blah blah. You are the one who clearly does not have a clue. This game is essentially COD with swords lol. Also the skill curve you mention is NOWHERE near that of almost any fighting game on the market. Also the community is not the issue at all, it's UBI's continuous failure to fix real issues and now they are even so bold as to blame and penalize the players for their own failings in fixing the network and stability problems or implement proper and balanced matchmaking? Not to mention the large liost of other issues and bugs this game has and many of them contributing to why a leaver penalty in this game in it's current state is just stupidity..

Man you really need to open your eyes.

UbiJurassic
05-29-2017, 11:54 PM
I'd like to remind everyone that flaming other users on the forums is against Forum Rules. Should this behavior continue, this thread will be closed and infractions will be given to those responsible for this behavior.

KyleTessada
05-30-2017, 12:18 AM
Lmao..... so many cry babies in this game...
As far as match making goes, I'm pretty certain that it's based on total rep score of said players... so if you want to have 5 rep 3 players and find yourself in a match with a dedicated rep 20... that's your fault.
2ndly just because someone is rep 30 and 144, doesn't make them unbeatable by a level 5 grey.
This game is actually quite fair with match making. It's you as the player's skill and knowledge that is lacking.
Quiting because of turtle? Pretty sure that you can still kill someone doing this.
I as well as hundreds more can't wait for the quit punishment. It's not coming fast enough. I hope the penalties stack for longer punishment. I also hope that every quiter gets angry and stops playing the game.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 12:27 AM
As far as match making goes, I'm pretty certain that it's based on total rep score of said players... so if you want to have 5 rep 3 players and find yourself in a match with a dedicated rep 20... that's your fault.
2ndly just because someone is rep 30 and 144, doesn't make them unbeatable by a level 5 grey.
This game is actually quite fair with match making. It's you as the player's skill and knowledge that is lacking.
Quiting because of turtle? Pretty sure that you can still kill someone doing this.
I as well as hundreds more can't wait for the quit punishment. It's not coming fast enough. I hope the penalties stack for longer punishment. I also hope that every quiter gets angry and stops playing the game.

Shut up, idiot.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 12:40 AM

Umm are you kidding? First of all the rep score is a lie and regardless even if it was true, I don't know if you have noticed but every game you ever queue for always relaxes and broadens every supposed aspect of its matchmaking including "skill level" to the most broad range it can. It's right in front of you when you queue, every time it will start at Player Skill: Strict, then inevitably end up on Player Skill: All skill Levels before finding a match.

Second, It's someones fault that they chose to play a new character and got matched up against others who played their main when you can't see what your opponents pick at all until character selection is completed for everyone and you are now loading the match? This logic is baffling to me.

Third, just because it is possible for an ungeared player to beat a geared one does not make it fair regardless of the possibility. The revenge gain for one definitely makes a large difference and will give a large advantage to a team of 144's against a team of greys.

Fourth, this game is fair and balanced? What game have you been playing? Are you on the right forum? The glaring character balance issues aside, the matchmaking as I said before keeps this game from being fair and balanced in a majority of the games.

Just an example and this is not crying in the least, but last night I played a match where at 5 minutes into the game all of my teammates had 0 takedowns and I had 4 the enemy team was pretty even amongst themselves. I start thinking how did this game get matched up that my teammates are so inferior to the enemy that they ALL have 0 takedowns 5 minutes in and I am 4-0. The game continues on and my teammates started doing better but really they were just carried as I ended the match at 18-1 with 1800 score. No one else in the match even had 500 points. How was this game balanced in the least?

Herbstlicht
05-30-2017, 12:41 AM
oO
One rather heated discussion.
Well, while I need to admit the current exploit is rather bad and specially team games tend to be less fun then in season 1 thanks to all this stupid cc (I hate loosing control of my character!), I expect the penalty to really help. For one, people will think twice about quitting. No matter what they tell here, they just will. Some others might really quit. But honestly? Those guys quitting for good are better then ruining the game for others. Maybe then with some thinned out community and people left that enjoy the game that try to seriously improve it - not by searching for ways to increase ones personal win percentage.
Sadly I feel many people here really don't have the guts for coping with losses. And I don't mean for coping with stuff that possibly isn't fun - I really mean losses. Not saying losses themselves are fun - but they will always be part of every competetive game. And the better the game and it's matchmaking, the closer to 50% your loss-ratio.

So why not embrace this upcoming change and think of what makes staying in some matches really unfun? And not the slight possibility of higher itemlvl opponents - because gearlvl already got nerfed hard.

CaptainPwnet
05-30-2017, 12:45 AM
oO
One rather heated discussion.
Well, while I need to admit the current exploit is rather bad and specially team games tend to be less fun then in season 1 thanks to all this stupid cc (I hate loosing control of my character!), I expect the penalty to really help. For one, people will think twice about quitting. No matter what they tell here, they just will. Some others might really quit. But honestly? Those guys quitting for good are better then ruining the game for others. Maybe then with some thinned out community and people left that enjoy the game that try to seriously improve it - not by searching for ways to increase ones personal win percentage.
Sadly I feel many people here really don't have the guts for coping with losses. And I don't mean for coping with stuff that possibly isn't fun - I really mean losses. Not saying losses themselves are fun - but they will always be part of every competetive game. And the better the game and it's matchmaking, the closer to 50% your loss-ratio.

So why not embrace this upcoming change and think of what makes staying in some matches really unfun? And not the slight possibility of higher itemlvl opponents - because gearlvl already got nerfed hard.

Because there are many situations where this penalty will only cause problems. Like what if you play with a friend and one of you crashes. Now you can't leave that game to continue playing with him. This is just one of the simple reasons why a penalty in thi sgames current state is a bad idea. People will still quit, that will not change, the only difference is over time many of those people will just never return reducing the playerbase and health of the game. Another simple and practical one is say I join a match that's in progress already and their are 2 bots on my team and the score is 500-50. At this point now it's passed the time limit for others to fill the bot slots and I have to play this losing match I was forced into or suffer a penalty. How is that fair? The match won't be fun and I don't care about the rewards so it's just a waste of time.

There are many other reasons why a leaver penalty should not be implemented at this point. This penalty is also likely to cause many more problems then it will fix, if it even fixes anything.

The devs are just handing out a bandaid/placebo to placate those that have asked for leaver penalties becasue they have failed to resolve the issues that are causing the leavers to do so in the first place and the negative effects it can have on the others in the match. The 2 big ones being network stability and proper matchmaking.

I_am_a_robot
05-30-2017, 12:48 AM
i cant wait untill the spammer, ganker, cheap sobs, gb spamming, throw spamming and all the other ******s who cant fight penalties get here

Vingrask
05-30-2017, 02:24 AM
Hahaha, one have to admit that watch all those desperate topics of quitters is funny as hell.

So much effort to try defend such a bad behavior, hahaha.

And just to point out: For Honor netcode is pretty good. SFV has people complaining about what they have until today.

KyleTessada
05-30-2017, 03:34 AM
Shut up, idiot.

We see who the real idiot is here don't we now.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:35 AM
We see who the real idiot is here don't we now.

Yeah, totally. It's you for the ********* post you wrote.

KyleTessada
05-30-2017, 03:40 AM
Yeah, totally. It's you for the ******** post you wrote.

Can't wait for your non skills having self to stop playing the game because obviously you are lacking in any real knowledge of the game.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:45 AM
Can't wait for your non skills having self to stop playing the game because obviously you are lacking in any real knowledge of the game.

What platform you on? I'll show you my knowledge if you are on psn

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 03:50 AM
Hahaha, one have to admit that watch all those desperate topics of quitters is funny as hell.

So much effort to try defend such a bad behavior, hahaha.

And just to point out: For Honor netcode is pretty good. SFV has people complaining about what they have until today.

its really funny to see these quitters opposing quit penalty so desperately.ubisoft please do it so that they quit game forever.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:54 AM
its really funny to see these quitters opposing quit penalty so desperately.ubisoft please do it so that they quit game forever.

Not everyone opposing the penalty oppose it because they quit. That's like saying people for gay marriage are all gay or all lesbians. It's just not an actual fix to the game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 03:57 AM
Not everyone opposing the penalty oppose it because they quit. That's like saying people for gay marriage are all gay or all lesbians. It's just not an actual fix to the game.

Problem: People are leaving games. (It doesn't matter WHY they are leaving Anton. The fact they are leaving is itself a problem)

Fix: They are now penalized if they leave.

Result: Less people leave.

Sounds like an ACTUAL fix to me.

Even if EVERY SINGLE ISSUE in the game was fixed and perfect Anton you would STILL have butthurt kids leaving matches and they would still need to be punsihed.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:03 AM
Problem: People are leaving games. (It doesn't matter WHY they are leaving Anton. The fact they are leaving is itself a problem)

Even if EVERY SINGLE ISSUE in the game was fixed and perfect Anton you would STILL have butthurt kids leaving matches and they would still need to be punsihed.

Less people will leave but that's because less people will be playing the game itself. It's already rapidly declining on PC so I imagine the trends are similar on console. What may have saved it was addressing the real problems, not this.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:10 AM
Less people will leave but that's because less people will be playing the game itself. It's already rapidly declining on PC so I imagine the trends are similar on console. What may have saved it was addressing the real problems, not this.

I would rather have a small playerbase filled with people who wanna play the game and compete than have a large playerbase filled with ragequitting children who run at the first sign of a loss.

The other problems will be addressed, but leaving games IS a real problem whether you choose to admit it or not.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:16 AM
I would rather have a small playerbase filled with people who wanna play the game and compete than have a large playerbase filled with ragequitting children who run at the first sign of a loss.

The other problems will be addressed, but leaving games IS a real problem whether you choose to admit it or not.

Well like I said In the other thread we are talking in circles no point in arguing anymore since neither of us are budging and neither of know future. We both have our predictions and one of us will get to say "I told you so in a couple months," and trust me when I say I hope you are right.

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 04:21 AM
I'm all for adding a leaver penalty, but only if the following 3 things happen :

1. You give me to option to NEVER join a game in progress. I dont care winning or losing, I want to start from scratch my games.

2. You make the matchmaking after people pick their heroes and take into account their skill with that hero, their gear and their reputation.

3. Matchmaking tries to shuffle "classes" around to have hopefully 1 hvy, 1 vanguard, 1 hybrid, etc.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:22 AM
I'm all for adding a leaver penalty, but only if the following 3 things happen :

1. You give me to option to NEVER join a game in progress. I dont care winning or losing, I want to start from scratch my games.

2. You make the matchmaking after people pick their heroes and take into account their skill with that hero, their gear and their reputation.

3. Matchmaking tries to shuffle "classes" around to have hopefully 1 hvy, 1 vanguard, 1 hybrid, etc.

I support this 1,000% and I suggest you make a thread saying as much that way UbiNoty and UbiJurassic can get that to the team

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Well like I said In the other thread we are talking in circles no point in arguing anymore since neither of us are budging and neither of know future. We both have our predictions and one of us will get to say "I told you so in a couple months," and trust me when I say I hope you are right.

To be fair come June 27th I will be taking a long Hiatus.

Elite Dangerous is FINALLY coming to PS4 and I have wait to play that game for 2 years.

We.the.North
05-30-2017, 04:26 AM
We should get some balancing news next warrior's den ... otherwise, the angers on the forums will keep building up to even more unhealthy levels.

Egotistic_Ez
05-30-2017, 05:16 AM

It does matter why. Fix the terrible matchmaking and bugs and not only does that remove most of the rage quitting it also improves the game for EVERYONE.

Result - The game stops being a beta build, people enjoy playing and others come back, and we can get a ranked mode.

Only because you aren't actually thinking about the issue.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 05:19 AM
It does matter why. Fix the terrible matchmaking and bugs and not only does that remove most of the rage quitting it also improves the game for EVERYONE.

Result - The game stops being a beta build, people enjoy playing and others come back, and we can get a ranked mode.

Only because you aren't actually thinking about the issue.

I keep seeing this suggestion.

Why can't we have both? Why not fix the game AND punish people who leave?

You don't need to JUST have one or the other and not once have I said that I don't think they should fix the other various issues in the game. This is just ONE of the various issues that plague the game at the moment.

Egotistic_Ez
05-30-2017, 07:18 AM
I keep seeing this suggestion.

Why can't we have both? Why not fix the game AND punish people who leave?

You don't need to JUST have one or the other and not once have I said that I don't think they should fix the other various issues in the game. This is just ONE of the various issues that plague the game at the moment.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm all for leaver penalties if the game works, but adding the penalty before the fixes is a bad idea.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-30-2017, 07:20 AM
As I've said elsewhere, I'm all for leaver penalties if the game works, but adding the penalty before the fixes is a bad idea.

And you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Meanwhile I am just glad to have something being done against them.

Utopie.
05-30-2017, 11:45 AM

Why not they do ALL of that and still punish ragequitters :)

Thats the end game.

Yeah but you are not seriously thinking they will do that WITH the change of quit penalty? I fear more everyone who is actually leaving games because they lost one or more friends because of these issues or is forced to leave a game because it is basically unplayable will get driven away from the game. When the game is resyncing every 30 seconds, my group got split or 2 of my friends are getting an error... All these scenarios annoy us enough already...I just cant imagine what a turn off it will be to be "forced" to play without these friends or wait for my friends to finish the game.

I just hope Ubisoft has that penalty system thought through or even better, brings connection fixes with the quit penalty. I really want quit penalty for all the idiots who leave because they loose a game but these are my worries in which way the implementing could strike back in the current games state.

But well, of course maybe its not even a problem... in the end we dont know how the system will work.

guffffff
05-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Between the ragepunishers and the ragequitters Im not sure where I stand on this any more. Its kinda less relevant now that the game is more stable (which Im pretty sure it is, at least for me it is)

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 01:47 PM

My 6 year old son dropped out of a super mario games a few times. I told him why not to drop out. He understood. Now he finishes every game, so both have fun, because it would be very frustrating for him too, if his opponent dropped out and he didn't receive anything. It took me 25 minutes to make him understand. Maybe the ones here are under 6 years old? ;)

Egotistic_Ez
05-30-2017, 01:53 PM
My 6 year old son dropped out of a super mario games a few times. I told him why not to drop out. He understood. Now he finishes every game, so both have fun, because it would be very frustrating for him too, if his opponent dropped out and he didn't receive anything. It took me 25 minutes to make him understand. Maybe the ones here are under 6 years old? ;)

The differences between mario and for honor aside, your 6 year old has no grasp of logic yet. You could tell him the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant and he wouldn't know any better.

You, on the other hand, really should understand simple logic by now.

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 01:57 PM
The differences between mario and for honor aside, your 6 year old has no grasp of logic yet. You could tell him the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant and he wouldn't know any better.

You on the other hand really should be able to by now.

Well, let's say he has no sense of logic and still understands, that quitting maybe lets you have fun, since you finish only games which you win, but you steal the fun from your opponent, because you quit (and not forget your team, who is left alone). Now with the logic I (and you) should have, we know we are a community and should support each other as a community, so the game survives. If you ragequit, what does that say about you (not you, per se, but in general)? That you don't care about your community, thus the community puts penalties, so at least they have fun. You (general) don't want punishment? Stop neglecting your fellow players. Logical enough?

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 01:58 PM

Cool story about your dumb kid, perhaps you should actual listen to the arguments instead of providing an anecdote that has nothing to do with why many are saying the leaver penalty doesn't make sense. If everything was working than I'd be all for the penalty but as it stands this game is screwed between bugs, matchmaking, character imbalances, gear Imbalances, and exploiters.

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 02:03 PM
ubisoft please add quit penalty asap.

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 02:09 PM
Cool story about your dumb kid, perhaps you should actual listen to the arguments instead of providing an anecdote that has nothing to do with why many are saying the leaver penalty doesn't make sense. If everything was working than I'd be all for the penalty but as it stands this game is screwed between bugs, matchmaking, character imbalances, gear Imbalances, and exploiters.

The story was there, to make people understand that it is not only their fun that is of concern, but also the fun of other players. But your IQ is too low to understand that, so you go ahead and call a 6 year old kid dumb in the hope to somehow insult me. That says a lot about you, buddy.
Have fun with your penalties.
It's always something else. All the problems with the game. But never the quitter.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:31 PM
The story was there, to make people understand that it is not only their fun that is of concern, but also the fun of other players. But your IQ is too low to understand that, so you go ahead and call a 6 year old kid dumb in the hope to somehow insult me. That says a lot about you, buddy.
Have fun with your penalties.
It's always something else. All the problems with the game. But never the quitter.

I read your story but it has nothing to do with the game or the arguments that are being laid out. No one in favor of the penalty is looking at the negatives. I myself don't ragequit but I understand the frustration of this game and why people do it. This will only cure the symptoms not the disease. With the core problems and reasons still there, people are just going to quit the game completely rather than just the match itself. If you take away someone's method of dealing with their frustrations then they will find another way, that way being quitting the game entirely for some. I don't want this game to die but I suspect this will only make the playerbase smaller, but go ahead and tell us another dumb story about your dumb kid that refutes the argument I laid out, dummie.

C.More
05-30-2017, 02:32 PM
We all know what's wrong with the game and have to deal with the problems.
But why are there people who are able to stay until the end, and others do not?
At this point everyone knows that ragequitting makes it even worse.
Otherwise there would be no punishments.
Why should you destroy something even more if it is supposedly already completely broken?
What's the point of that or what do they want to prove?

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:35 PM
We all know what's wrong with the game and have to deal with the problems.
But why are there people who are able to stay until the end, and others do not?
At this point everyone knows that ragequitting makes it even worse.
Otherwise there would be no punishments.
Why should you destroy something even more if it is supposedly already completely broken?
What's the point of that or what do they want to prove?

You are delving into this way deeper than you should. They aren't seeking out to disrupt your game, they just don't want to play. Other games let you bail when you are frustrated and it doesn't screw up the game for everyone else aside from maybe your teammates, but not much more than a guy who doesn't want to finish the match anyway and just throws the game. Some people have more patience than others.

KyleTessada
05-30-2017, 02:40 PM

And here we see who the "dumb kid" is. We also see why he's against the penalties.

C.More
05-30-2017, 02:41 PM
And why do they still act like ignorant idiots even if they know that it screws up the game for all others?

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:45 PM
And here we see who the "dumb kid" is. We also see why he's against the penalties.

Here's another dummie not looking into the arguments and are just happy there's a quick "fix." Get back in the corner I put you in yesterday after you ran away from fighting me.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:47 PM
And why do they still act like ignorant idiots even if they know that it screws up the game for all others?

Because your enjoyment of the game shouldn't be contingent on everyone else's. No one should be forced to do something they don't want. Like I said I can't think of a single other game where if one guy bails the entire game crashes and in those games I'm all in favor of a penalty.

C.More
05-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Because your enjoyment of the game shouldn't be contingent on everyone else's. No one should be forced to do something they don't want. Like I said I can't think of a single other game where if one guy bails the entire game crashes and in those games I'm all in favor of a penalty.
But here it does unfortunately. So why still act like an ignorant idiot and make it even worse?

Thorstein31
05-30-2017, 02:54 PM
I can´t understand the point!! So if i need to take a dump and go AFK i will be punished. Also if i disconect to take a dump i will be punished because i´ve ruined the game for others. So, i must hold tight and finish a match... come on!!!!
What you folks should be complaining about is the lack of dedicated servers, core mechanics broken, unbalanced heroes etc.
Now warden can one shot anyone and people are looking for this kind of thing. This game has no future at all.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 02:55 PM
But here it does unfortunately. So why still act like an ignorant idiot and make it even worse?

Because they don't want to play a game they aren't enjoying it's that simple. That's the purpose of games Is it not?

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 02:58 PM
btw when will we get quit penalty patch, ubi ?

KyleTessada
05-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Here's another dummie not looking into the arguments and are just happy there's a quick "fix." Get back in the corner I put you in yesterday after you ran away from fighting me.

Such a child. Sure get on an xbox one and I'll school you. Pretty sure my rep 21 Zerker can deal with you. Not because of rep or gear but because I've played her the most. Put me in my corner? You're laughable. Silly little child.

C.More
I This game has no future at all.

Because they don't want to play a game they aren't enjoying it's that simple. That's the purpose of games Is it not?

Then there's no need to lvl up and play anymore. Just stop playing instead of annoy yourself and others.

teamspirit1

wow !

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Such a child. Sure get on an xbox one and I'll school you. Pretty sure my rep 21 Zerker can deal with you. Not because of rep or gear but because I've played her the most. Put me in my corner? You're laughable. Silly little child.

Link gamer tag. I don't have an xbone but maybe one of my friends do. I'll buy the game just for you sweet cheeks.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 03:05 PM
Then there's no need to lvl up and play anymore. Just stop playing instead of annoy yourself and others.

Yeah and that's what they will do. They are going to stop playing the game putting a game that is already in life support on critical condition. That's the argument.

Egotistic_Ez
05-30-2017, 03:08 PM
btw when will we get quit penalty patch, ubi ?

Rage quitter patch is meant to be very soon for PC, a couple of weeks later for consoles.

The patch to fix the "no one gets any rewards" and "everyone is always penalised" bugs Ubi will no doubt add will be a few weeks after that, but it won't actually do anything.

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 03:13 PM
thanx.

ONYX_x5
05-30-2017, 03:21 PM
If match making was fair, then yes. If Heros were close to even, then yes. If there was ranked servers to separate the serious from the casual, then yes. But in this toxic dumpster fire the answer is not to attack the paying customer for your cut corner bad design. I still say dedicated servers with lobby match making is the answer. That fixes ALOT. But they are too greedy to do it.

MadCYclops
05-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah except for the fact that innocent players will also end up getting punished for this... what if I have an emergency and have to leave...OR get dc because of a power outage etc... I hate to say it but this is a BAD idea.

C.More
05-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah except for the fact that innocent players will also end up getting punished for this... what if I have an emergency and have to leave...OR get dc because of a power outage etc... I hate to say it but this is a BAD idea.

This is also my concern. But I think they will consider it and as long as we don't know how the solution looks exactly, it's unnecessary to get excited about it.

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 03:41 PM
just had a game where salties quit at the end of match due to defeat denying rewards to everyone.

Netcode_err_404
05-30-2017, 03:44 PM
just had a game where salties quit at the end of match due to defeat denying rewards to everyone.

All you had, was a taste of the ubisoftěs network services. And nothing less.

MadCYclops
05-30-2017, 03:45 PM
Excited...lol hardly, but regardless this penalty is beyond stupid. If quitting is such a problem, remove the option to quit....period.

teamspirit1
05-30-2017, 03:52 PM
All you had, was a taste of the ubisoftěs network services. And nothing less.

ubisoft will know who quit and who got disconnected...........

C.More
05-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Excited...lol hardly, but regardless this penalty is beyond stupid. If quitting is such a problem, remove the option to quit....period.
My fault. I meant to say: "as long as we don't know how the solution looks exactly, it's unnecessary to worry about it."

Removing the quit button, unfortunately will not have the same effect as a penalty.

Btw, I also would prefer that everything is perfect and no one would leave the game but it's not like that.

Netcode_err_404
05-30-2017, 03:58 PM
ubisoft will know who quit and who got disconnected...........

Yes ofc, they have advanced technology, thats why after 5 months tha game is barely playable.

Quit penaly will be live, and the current bugs won't be fixed

- Black screen
- No rejoin match if you play with a friend, so you both need to waste more time because reasons.
- Wardens glitch
-Spawn kill
-Turtles trolls who just keep you forced in an 1v1 ad infinitum by just blockng all your attacks, without actually fighting back ( oh lord if penalty will be live before tghis I will troll the **** out of 1v1)
- Multiple centurions/shinobis running in premade trolling people
- Premade on discord vs pugs
-MM that puts10 hours players vs lifeless nerds with 1000
-MM that puts 4 grey vs 4 144
- MM that puts people outside your region in the game, and they literally start to teleport

Yes, I feel the game is pretty ready to punish quitters. KAPPA

Xavyn
05-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Once again this is an issue where people need some nuance in their position. It's not just its ubi fault or the players fault... I would argue both are at fault.

Address each issue separately and then see where they conjoin.

The main reason people have a problem with others leaving unranked matches is that it has the potential to crash a match. Granted there are other reasons its a problem but that's the main one.

People intentionally leaving a match to avoid taking losses is wrong. They do it because there is no penalty. Whether it crashes the game or not is irrelevant.

However the problem is that there is legitimate reasons people leave as well and there is no way to distinguish between them so it does beg the question of whether ranked matches are needed before applying penalties.

Tldr: both sides are at fault for this issue and it will take changes on both sides to come to a suitable solution.

MadCYclops
05-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Yeah i'm sorry but I don't trust Ubi to do this penalty right, its gonna screw more innocent ppl than the guilty members... WORK ON FIXING IT SO WHEN PPL RAGE QUIT THE MATCH DOESNT CRASH.

Now if u wanna add it to the test server for ranked matches, fine, bc i'll nvr play ranked matches anyway.

guffffff
05-30-2017, 04:21 PM
I don't think anyone will be penalised for leaving a single game. I think it will be profiled, maybe like if you leave three games in a row or within a certain time frame so we can all take a dump when required, answer the phone etc ...

Netcode_err_404
05-30-2017, 04:43 PM
I don't think anyone will be penalised for leaving a single game. I think it will be profiled, maybe like if you leave three games in a row or within a certain time frame so we can all take a dump when required, answer the phone etc ...

- Black screen
- No rejoin match if you play with a friend, so you both need to waste more time because reasons.
- Wardens glitch
-Spawn kill
-Turtles trolls who just keep you forced in an 1v1 ad infinitum by just blockng all your attacks, without actually fighting back ( oh lord if penalty will be live before tghis I will troll the **** out of 1v1)
- MM that puts people outside your region in the game, and they literally start to teleport
Happens regularly, I would dare to say every match has something of the above list.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 04:50 PM
- Black screen
- Wardens glitch
-Spawn kill
Happens regularly, I would dare to say every match has something of the above list.

Just dodge

guffffff
05-30-2017, 04:58 PM
... or fight

Netcode_err_404
05-30-2017, 05:11 PM
just dodge

ba dum tss

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 05:32 PM
I read your story but it has nothing to do with the game or the arguments that are being laid out. No one in favor of the penalty is looking at the negatives. I myself don't ragequit but I understand the frustration of this game and why people do it. This will only cure the symptoms not the disease. With the core problems and reasons still there, people are just going to quit the game completely rather than just the match itself. If you take away someone's method of dealing with their frustrations then they will find another way, that way being quitting the game entirely for some. I don't want this game to die but I suspect this will only make the playerbase smaller, but go ahead and tell us another dumb story about your dumb kid that refutes the argument I laid out, dummie.

No problem. Here you go:

Yesterday my son took a dump. it took him around 15 minutes. pretty much the ammount of time you would get punished for quitting or afk, i imagined. it might be though, that the stinking poop he took made me fantasize about something that hasn't come yet. maybe i got carried away. but after 15 minutes he was done, he washed his hands, and went back to playing lego.
I got more, if you like. Just ask for it.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 05:42 PM
No problem. Here you go:

Yesterday my son took a dump. it took him around 15 minutes. pretty much the ammount of time you would get punished for quitting or afk, i imagined. it might be though, that the stinking poop he took made me fantasize about something that hasn't come yet. maybe i got carried away. but after 15 minutes he was done, he washed his hands, and went back to playing lego.
I got more, if you like. Just ask for it.

Another great anecdote. Here's the problem with that though, people aren't going to go take a dump every single time they want to bail out of a match to eat up that 15 minutes of their time. Instead many will just play a different game and get locked into it rather than going back to for honor.

Obdach01
05-30-2017, 06:14 PM
Another great anecdote. Here's the problem with that though, people aren't going to go take a dump every single time they want to bail out of a match to eat up that 15 minutes of their time. Instead many will just play a different game and get locked into it rather than going back to for honor.

Mate, we won't reach a conclusion satisfactory to both of us, and as a matter of fact, we won't reach anything with discussions and assumptions about something, that isn't here yet. And in one point I totally agree with you, even though you didn't mention it, but we both know UBI can eff up really bad, I can read this between your statements. One looks positively at the next addition, and one does not. I don't want to start argueing about somethging I don't know anything about, because no one knows how this will work in the end until it is here. And honestly, I don't want you to call my son dumb again, because I used his name without asking him, not because it insults me, but because he is not in this. And if we keep on going, you will try to get more insulting, because for some reason you are now on this train. I am not saying anyone should take a dump at any time, man. Let's just stop this. You save yourself some insults and I save myself trying to be constructive with you.
I hope you won't get too carried away and I really hope the system is put in a way that satisfys you and everyone else.
Good huntin'.

Antonioj26
05-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Mate, we won't reach a conclusion satisfactory to both of us, and as a matter of fact, we won't reach anything with discussions and assumptions about something, that isn't here yet. And in one point I totally agree with you, even though you didn't mention it, but we both know UBI can eff up really bad, I can read this between your statements. One looks positively at the next addition, and one does not. I don't want to start argueing about somethging I don't know anything about, because no one knows how this will work in the end until it is here. And honestly, I don't want you to call my son dumb again, because I used his name without asking him, not because it insults me, but because he is not in this. And if we keep on going, you will try to get more insulting, because for some reason you are now on this train. I am not saying anyone should take a dump at any time, man. Let's just stop this. You save yourself some insults and I save myself trying to be constructive with you.
I hope you won't get too carried away and I really hope the system is put in a way that satisfys you and everyone else.
Good huntin'.

When a man reaches out to shake my hand I don't slap it away. Truce there, friend. I agree which is why In an earlier post I said there's no longer a point in arguing about it. It's time we just wait and see what happens and hope that it ends up helping more than it hurts.

salekr
05-30-2017, 06:27 PM
I've been playing since alpha and have yet to ever quit out of a game under my own power. Wanna know what happens when I get a bad team and we get smoked? I stay in and take my loss like a man and collect my xp and steel.

I never quit if my opponent was better ... but I do quit if connection is so bad it's impossible to play normal!
Should I be punished for that my friend?

Should I stay in the match with my glitchy opponent?
Should I lose my nerve knowing I can't do anything?

I DON'T THINK SO:mad:

Fix the game/connection and then we can talk quitting punishment.

KyleTessada
05-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Pretty sure that you can set your region as well as skill level for matches from the menue....
Then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Soul_Assassin85
05-30-2017, 08:24 PM
People seems to forget that.. if a game ends up terribly outmatched just because one guy rage quits, is a game design flaw... and punish the people that do a rage quit is just cover that flaw.

And you are very short minded if you think that the only reason someone leaves a match is because of rage quit. There a plenty of reasons for leaving a match, even without the crap network and servers, like the need to answer an emergency, the phone, go to the bathroom, power failure, pc failure, or a damn thunder bolt striking at your home, if you like...

Punishing someone for that completely ruins the joy of playing the game...

Maybe you will have the result of less people leaving, but surely you will have the result of less people playing.

And you also are very short minded if you think the majority of people leaving a match is because of rage quit. Last night i had a match, we were even, then sudenly two members of the other team leave at the same time, surely because of some error, and no one took their places... i feel bad for them... some mins later another one also leave... maybe was rage quit, maybe not, but i could understand him if it was rage quit. Just one guy remainded for the rest of the match.

Also, even if the majority of the game were ppl who do rage quiting, you are very selfish if you just want to punish everyone including the minority...

I never ever leave a match voluntary. Almost half of the matches i play a day give me some unexpected error or something and return me to the main screen. No rewards, probably my team end up losing, etc... i just sigh and search for another match. And also, sometimes my entire team ends up leaving for the same errors and i end up with 3 bots, i just finish the match.. cuz i understand that the problem is not the ppl leaving voluntary, but the flaws in the game design and the errors in the network.. i just get by

Since there's no way to know why someone leaves.. and giving the current state of the ubisoft network, servers, and bugs within the game.. i consider that punish ppl for leaving a match will only destroy even more this community and the game

Plus, theres like a million more important problem that wasting time punishing people for leaving a match... the network must be stabilized, we need better servers, and fix lots of bugs...

Netcode_err_404
05-30-2017, 10:24 PM
People seems to forget that.. if a game ends up terribly outmatched just because one guy rage quits, is a game design flaw... and punish the people that do a rage quit is just cover that flaw.

And you are very short minded if you think that the only reason someone leaves a match is because of rage quit. There a plenty of reasons for leaving a match, even without the crap network and servers, like the need to answer an emergency, the phone, go to the bathroom, power failure, pc failure, or a damn thunder bolt striking at your home, if you like...

Punishing someone for that completely ruins the joy of playing the game...

Maybe you will have the result of less people leaving, but surely you will have the result of less people playing.

And you also are very short minded if you think the majority of people leaving a match is because of rage quit. Last night i had a match, we were even, then sudenly two members of the other team leave at the same time, surely because of some error, and no one took their places... i feel bad for them... some mins later another one also leave... maybe was rage quit, maybe not, but i could understand him if it was rage quit. Just one guy remainded for the rest of the match.

Also, even if the majority of the game were ppl who do rage quiting, you are very selfish if you just want to punish everyone including the minority...

I never ever leave a match voluntary. Almost half of the matches i play a day give me some unexpected error or something and return me to the main screen. No rewards, probably my team end up losing, etc... i just sigh and search for another match. And also, sometimes my entire team ends up leaving for the same errors and i end up with 3 bots, i just finish the match.. cuz i understand that the problem is not the ppl leaving voluntary, but the flaws in the game design and the errors in the network.. i just get by

Since there's no way to know why someone leaves.. and giving the current state of the ubisoft network, servers, and bugs within the game.. i consider that punish ppl for leaving a match will only destroy even more this community and the game

Plus, theres like a million more important problem that wasting time punishing people for leaving a match... the network must be stabilized, we need better servers, and fix lots of bugs...

Once a guy who I do not remember the nickname, said an important thing

Ubisoft is imitating blizzard for the quit penalty.

But they forget to imitate them for :
- Dedicated servers
- Proper MM, that doesn't always work, but surely is better than the one in FH
- Core mechanics that are so broken, trolling in for honor is as simple as drinking a glass of water.
- Balance

Overwatch can implement a quit penatly, for honor cannot.

CrunaCross
05-30-2017, 11:31 PM
Once a guy who I do not remember the nickname, said an important thing

Ubisoft is imitating blizzard for the quit penalty.

But they forget to imitate them for :
- Dedicated servers
- Proper MM, that doesn't always work, but surely is better than the one in FH
- Core mechanics that are so broken, trolling in for honor is as simple as drinking a glass of water.
- Balance

Overwatch can implement a quit penatly, for honor cannot.

Yes For Honor CAN and WILL implement quit penalty.

M0nty_1
05-30-2017, 11:39 PM

Agreed. Although I stay in in and take my loss like an adult. ;)

Netcode_err_404
05-30-2017, 11:51 PM
Yes For Honor CAN and WILL implement quit penalty.

Can I live in your world ?

UbiJurassic
05-31-2017, 12:11 AM
While some people are still having constructive discussion in here, we also see that others have ignored my warning about flaming other players. Therefore, we will be closing this thread.