PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticing buttons not responding on xbox?

SplugeKing
05-28-2017, 10:08 PM
I've had multiple scenarios where I've had the opportunity to punish someone with a heavy and it won't respond like before. As a raider you have to take every opportunity given to you and when you can't capitalize out makes it very tough to win

MasterChiefPON
05-28-2017, 10:14 PM
I've had multiple scenarios where I've had the opportunity to punish someone with a heavy and it won't respond like before. As a raider you have to take every opportunity given to you and when you can't capitalize out makes it very tough to win

I play on Xbox and at the start of Season 2 I felt like the A button was not responding so I complained about it somewhere along with other things but I thought that maybe it was my controller, now I feel that I can use it normally but who knows. At that time I felt like other buttons where less responsive but not that frenquently so I couldn't tell if it was the case or I got used to it.

DrExtrem
05-28-2017, 10:27 PM
Input lag of the controller is bad.

Try a hard reset of the console. I worked for me.

SplugeKing
05-28-2017, 10:34 PM
Input lag of the controller is bad.

Try a hard reset of the console. I worked for me.

I do that every time before i play otherwise i would be able to complete a match. Works for that tho

razabak10mm
05-28-2017, 11:11 PM
I thought it was just me, but then again I thought I was losing my mind when I'd ocasionally get one shot so.....

Seems like since the patch my zone attacks get canceled for no reason and get mixed up into a stunning tap or just canceled to nothing. I know this is an added move for the raider, but it's happening with no input on my end. Super annoying, like OP said we need to land these hits.

UbiJurassic
05-28-2017, 11:13 PM

Problems with responsiveness can happen for a variety of reasons, unfortunately. If it seems to become a consistent problem, please feel free to reach out to the support team (https://support.ubi.com/). They'll be able to either troubleshoot the issue or flag it as a potential problem that our development team needs to look into.

TheLastPandaa
05-28-2017, 11:24 PM
It is a huge problem on ps4 as well, but i can grant you that is not a problem of our controlers but a problem with the game because i do not have this issues playing other games (even online pvp)

What issues am i talking about? I will quote my self from other topics:

One of the bigest problems on console (despite of the conexion issues and balance issues that afects to all platforms) is how the mechanics of this game were implemented for standard controlers. The input lag united with the 30fps and the p2p makes high competitive lv play imposible because you can never be 100% sure if the comands will answer in the way they suposed to. How many times did you feint a heavy that actually did not get fainted, or tached a CGB that did not work, or parryed a light that did not got parryed, or dodged an atack that in the end did not get dodged?

Just 2 simple examples:
Most of the times i can not punish a shinobi after parry his long heavy or cgb his long gb because my character just do not respond quick enought.
Most of the times i try to deflect, my character just do not move and i take the hit.

Not to mention when you try to pull a combo from a feint train. It is just ridiculous. The character does what he wants.
Like for example: left heavy>feint>right light> side dodge to cancel>light> left heavy> feint> right light (with a zerker). On ps4, you can not be be ever 100% sure (i would say it goes around 70% sureness) the game is going to read your imput comands correctly. That is unaceptable for a competitive pvp game.

Mirage6201
05-29-2017, 01:06 AM

Xbox
Sometimes I unlock and roll after a heavy and instead of rolling it throws another heavy. If I keep mashing A then it throws another heavy. It happens all the time when 1v2 hitting and trying to get away. It might happen when I'm interrupted during a heavy so it thinks I'm trying to throw it when I'm really trying to roll away. Frustrating.

razabak10mm
05-29-2017, 01:10 AM
Xbox
Sometimes I unlock and roll after a heavy and instead of rolling it throws another heavy. If I keep mashing A then it throws another heavy. It happens all the time when 1v2 hitting and trying to get away. It might happen when I'm interrupted during a heavy so it thinks I'm trying to throw it when I'm really trying to roll away. Frustrating.
Sounds like some of the stuff I've experienced along with the glitchy zone attack.

Mia.Nora
05-29-2017, 01:15 AM
It is not console specific, there were many times where I GB enemy, hell even wall splat them in some cases; and my side heavy following it came out so late that they were blocked.

Game obviously have a special window for input registration and coding issues surrounding it.

Then again that is a very common problem with games that have the claim for becoming Esports, right ? :cool:
https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4355710.jpg

razabak10mm
05-29-2017, 01:19 AM
i constantly have input lag about every other game. -_-

I'm guessing this is what's happening At times getting trounced with a heavy. I'm not talking about a guaranteed hits here. It's like I don't have any guard up at all sometimes, I'll be holding right stick up but it's like the lag time is too long and I still get dealt a top heavy.

I always figured it was the Raiders slow guard switch, but sometimes it's like it's simply not working properly.

Smuggler007
05-29-2017, 02:22 AM
Not seeing it guys. Most likely its latency at work, especially when playing with other players on a p2p network.

DrExtrem
05-29-2017, 09:02 AM
Not seeing it guys. Most likely its latency at work, especially when playing with other players on a p2p network.

No. Thus crap is not a latency issue - it also happens in custom matches with bitsq only.

Its a coding problem.

Nestramutat
05-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Its not happening only on consoles, but on PC as well. There are days when trying to perform a forward stab on my Valkyrie is like pulling teeth. My character just dashes forward and than feints 'something', but nothing happens. Very annoying.

Danioku
05-29-2017, 02:24 PM
It happens to me a lot of times too. I'm on PC and i play Valk.

I imagined it's something related with guard change and ye, sometimes i'm not able to pull out heavy attacks and even lights. In some cases they starts 1-2 seconds later when the guard is full changes.

This happen a lot of times after i CGB or parry Shinobi and i really cant understand why ....

Nestramutat
05-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Now that you mentioned it, it might have something to do with the guard change sensitivity. It happened to me quite a lot to not be able to emote salute in guard stance because at the beginning of the animation she just changed guard direction, even though I did not move the mouse. You keep pressing F, she starts the emote but then changes guard immediately and interrupts the emote.

My guard change sensitivity is at max, maybe I should tone it down a bit. Dunno how I will deal with orochi super fast, but we'll see.

vgrimr_J
05-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Problems with responsiveness can happen for a variety of reasons, unfortunately. If it seems to become a consistent problem, please feel free to reach out to the support team (https://support.ubi.com/). They'll be able to either troubleshoot the issue or flag it as a potential problem that our development team needs to look into.

there is also delay on revenge when you pop it. sometimes it doesnt auto parry enemies is this an known issue?