PDA

View Full Version : Game Released to US NON-Preorders ONLY

TheManx52
05-28-2017, 05:57 PM
So its all over DISCORD and Redditz. Players who log into the US site and order the game for Oculus are getting their activation keys NOW.

"@Manx Tell them the USA shop is selling Home keys right now"

Earthican - Today at 12:31 PM Right now it appears the only way to reliably get access is to purchase from USA Ubisoft store for Oculus Home Yep100%

Earthican - Today at 12:31 PM This is an official leakBig oneIt's on the redditz and errythang

Earthican - Today at 12:32 PM Like I said, keys were openly sold, game is outrjSampaio - Today at 12:33 PMyay thx for the tip, paypal was acepte

International customers are able to VPN to a US site to get it. Given that UBISoft is a Canadian company, this is an insult for sure but to the best insult of all is that those of us who have paid well in advance like myself, to support the creation of the game, have been totally screwed. Pre-orders are not getting any key until the official release.

As I was on discord chat reading people ordering the game through paypal and getting their keys, I was also on UBI support chat relaying the chat to them. This is what they said;

"I wont be able to assist with that, but if your reporting that keys are being given out I can report that up. they not be sold until the 30th."
He also said;
"it was soft released to certain users such as steamers and the press"

I will not pre-order from UBI again. they're not respecting pre-order customers or international customers

HDMan44th
05-28-2017, 06:12 PM
I got my key, but it isn't valid until release I guess. Still no option to pre-load either....Update... I can pre-load via oculus app... But from what I understand, I still won't be able to play until the 30th. Anyone know what time zone on the 30th?

B.Janeway
05-28-2017, 06:19 PM
International customers are able to VPN to a US site to get it. Given that UBISoft is a Canadian company, this is an insult for sure but to the best insult of all is that those of us who have paid well in advance like myself, to support the creation of the game, have been totally screwed. Pre-orders are not getting any key until the official release.

You're not alone my friend....
I pre-ordered Bridge Crew so I could support this game and be among the first batch of players out in cyber-space. I made a similar post to this just half an hour before you did, and I think this issue deserves attention. I'd like to add a few more points here:

1- Bridge Crew is a new kind of game. A social game, not unlike Pulsar Lost Colony. In that vein, it relies on players online to team up and go on these simulated star trek's together.
In Pulsar it is a very real issue for experienced players to play with newcomers. That's why you have games listed specifically as: "Experienced crew only" or alternatively: "Newbies Welcome"...My point is that half the appeal of Bridge Crew is the teaming up with other fans out there to go on adventures together!

2- THE REASON I pre-Ordered a digital copy of the game via PS4 store was SPECIFICALLY so that I could play at launch, in case mail was slow and I didn't want to wait for the hard copy to arrive later in the week!!!! We all know most of the people who order Hard Copies do so because they want the option to re-sell the game when they get bored of it. (I KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE HARD COPIES AS COLLECTIBLES) but lets be honest.. Most people who buy hard copies are cheap and want to re-sell. Re selling makes the game developer zero profit. This is what really pisses me off... here I am ordering Digital pre-order SHOWING MY COMMITMENT to this game, as I can NOT re-sell my digital copy.... And yet these people who aren't really committed to Bridge Crew and ordered their hard Copy are able to get on to the game and start playing it three days before I can???? That's insulting and I don't even know why Ubisoft doesn't just launch the game now.

3- You can laugh at me and tell me I'm being immature and impatient, but consider something from my point of view here... If I buy a game a few months after it launches, or even a year + post launch, I am prepared to accept that I'll be joining a game with players who vastly out-match and out rank me. That's a given. But the REASON I pre-ordered Bridge Crew was specifically so that I could be playing with equals to me. Half of my online friends who I WAS planning to play with are already playing their hard copy of Bridge Crew and are five + missions in. Now I don't know about you, but I HATE watching a movie for the first time with someone who has already seen that movie. Similarly, I don't want to be a Captain where my Ensign is yawning and taking control of the mission because he's already played it five + times!!! I have actually now been cheated out of being able to play/enjoy Bridge crew for the FIRST time with half of my friends.

4- Ubisoft is Canadian? Funny, I'm in Toronto and I'm Canadian and I have been a Ubisoft supporter for a long time. They've given us great games (and some star trek titles too.) Now that I stare at my PS4 screen counting down when I'll be "allowed" access to the game I own (and is currently downloaded to my PS4) all I feel is resentment and cheated. I'm sure it's not simple for Ubisoft to log in to PSN and change their launch date to now. BUT IF IT IS SIMPLE THEN DO IT. Just launch the damned game. Or at least apologize to those of us who have been faithful supporters of this game.

erndawg
05-28-2017, 10:57 PM
It's been fixed. Oculus users have to wait till offal launch date and people had access to it have been blocked.

JeanLucPicard.
05-29-2017, 04:26 PM
They are a french company, but have a heavy presence in Canada

also the price was dropped from $79.99 to $59.99 on the pre order page - this pissed me off