PDA

View Full Version : i do not agree to quit penalty

NiahK
05-28-2017, 03:37 PM
i generally disagree to the quit penalty. The developers punish the players for thier inability to fix the stability of the game. This is not acceptable from a customers standpoint. Other than that, there is no reason for a quit penalty since, as a customer, i am not obliged to "endure" a game or be penalized. Especially with the state the game is in.

Now, i am aware that the penalty will come. As a protest and an alternative to leaving, i will refuse to participate in any fights (avoid them, aka run away from them) on the following occasions:

- Mass Centurions and/or Shinobis CC me to the end of time in 4v4 modes.
- Unbalanced Heroes abusing unbalanced mechanics to beat me in a spamming manner.
- Matchmaking throws me in a team of lower skilled players than me, that have no understanding of the game against a team of higher skilled players than me and i have to fight a fruitless uphill battle against multiple enemies everytime i spawn.
- Matchmaking throws me into a game in progress that is already lost.
- Warlord spawnkilling me.
- Conquerors, warlords, valkyries turtling to troll.
- Players trolling in any other way.
- Games where i have more than one Bot in the team in 4v4 against a full team.
- Games i play with randoms against a full squad.
- Any other thing i personally experience in a negative way (by that i dont speak of losing a game).

I also will leave games i simply dont want to play for whatever reasons. If i consider the punishment too harsh, i will uninstall the game and move on.
This is just a feedback, of what i will do when the penatly arrives.

unseen0ne1
05-28-2017, 03:49 PM
Well I agree with the quit penalty. I don't want to be down a player because someone isn't having a perfect game not do I want the enemy team to be gimped because my team is winning. I don't really care about the penalty hopefully it's something simple...like quiting counts as an auto loss for the player or something.

Blasto95
05-28-2017, 03:49 PM
No one is forcing you play the game. If you decide to quit, then prepare for the consequence of potentially shutting down the game for your teammates and opponents. I'd assume it's like a 5-10 minute "ban". If that's the case, you could use the 5-10mins to cool off whatever reason it was for you to quit.

Personally, I think Ubisoft should not have quit penalties for CASUAL/QUICK matches. It's meant to be fun with friends, experiment load outs and matchups. Let people decide how and which games they would like to play when the games mean nothing.
Make ranked mode, and there sure as hell better be a leavers penalty. No reason for there not to be one.

NiahK
05-28-2017, 03:59 PM
ranked is whole different story, i would agree to a penalty there, since it is somewhat competetive.
Again, i do not need to cool off, since i dont get heated when i leave the game i dont enjoy for whatever reason.
And again, i will not put up with this penalty and just leave for honor if it is disrupting me. I think that is what many people will do. Its an unhealthy move for the game by the developers. There are alot of other very good games to play.

l8knight347
05-28-2017, 03:59 PM
I agree with your first point. rage quitting is a right and a necessity. it saves tvs and controllers. you seemed to say that every time you loose you rage quit though even though you say its not because you loose. that doesn't matter I support your right to rage quit for any reason.

CassiusClay23AP
05-28-2017, 04:25 PM
The problem is that about 80% of the disconnects I experience come after someone leaving on the losing team... discouraging people from ragequitting will hopefully provide a somewhat more stable experience.. at least I hope so...

I'm getting really tired of getting disconnected game after game.. I can only complete about 30% of my games.

Arkhos1988
05-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Penalaty while balnce is ****, random disconnects and temabalnce down the river makes no sence.

xLeapingLizardx
05-28-2017, 04:48 PM
All those reasons you stated for rage-quitting brings up a question: Do you ever even finish a game? xD
That is a lot of reasons to quit which happen pretty often..

I am generally for the penalty..
Though there are sometimes where I can understand the quitting. Like when you join a completely lost game and I admittedly get tempted to quit when my team is absolutely terrible..
But whenever I play duel and 80% of the times I win my opponent quits just so he doesn't blemish his record is super annoying. The fact that they can do that without a care and then probably talk to their friends like "oh my stats are amazing"... If I would have lost I would stay and take my loss but because my opponent is a spineless punk he doesn't take his loss like a true warrior should..

So I personally can't wait for the penalty just so those people will either have to leave because they can't resort to their quitting ways, constantly take the punishment, or line up with the rest of the player base that actually know how to take a loss.

RatedChaotic
05-28-2017, 05:01 PM
ranked is whole different story, i would agree to a penalty there, since it is somewhat competetive.
Again, i do not need to cool off, since i dont get heated when i leave the game i dont enjoy for whatever reason.
And again, i will not put up with this penalty and just leave for honor if it is disrupting me. I think that is what many people will do. Its an unhealthy move for the game by the developers. There are alot of other very good games to play.

How can you say the game is so imbalanced in your OP and then state its competitive?

To me if heroes are not balanced...Its not competitive.

Blasto95
05-28-2017, 05:15 PM
How can you say the game is so imbalanced in your OP and then state its competitive?

He meant if a Ranked mode were introduced, THAT would be competitive. He is not saying the general game play currently is competitive

RatedChaotic
05-28-2017, 05:19 PM
He meant if a Ranked mode were introduced, THAT would be competitive. He is not saying the general game play currently is competitive

Take the time to read what you just posted...............................Now does that really make sense to you?

I'm sorry but just adding a game mode will not fix problems with the heroes or the game. They will be in that mode aswell.

Do you think there wont be these bugs and glitches in rank mode aswell? Will it be competitive with these imbalances and hero bugs?.......Not the slightest.

NiahK
05-28-2017, 05:19 PM

i correct myself: its meant to be somewhat competetive and therefore need quit penalty.

kweassa1917
05-28-2017, 05:38 PM

Your fault. Avoiding ganking doesn't take a brain surgeon or a quantum physicist to learn.

- Unbalanced Heroes abusing unbalanced mechanics to beat me in a spamming manner.

Spamming already broken down, counters exist for most.

- Matchmaking throws me in a team of lower skilled players than me, that have no understanding of the game against a team of higher skilled players than me and i have to fight a fruitless uphill battle against multiple enemies everytime i spawn.

Random is random. It don't got no conspiracy against you.

Every game?

Your lack of skill.

Happens to any game in market. Most of them still have penalties. No excuse.

Repetition of same points you already made. Random is random. You don't get to keep only the good dice rolls.

- Any other thing i personally experience in a negative way (by that i dont speak of losing a game).

Bullshi*. Everything you've listed above is basically a "losing game"... and here you say "losing doesn't matter"? ROFL

I also will leave games i simply dont want to play for whatever reasons. If i consider the punishment too harsh, i will uninstall the game and move on.

If you are pre-engaged in other matters, or likely to be, then don't play the game in the first place.

How irresponsible can one be?

C.More
05-28-2017, 09:41 PM
anyone that agrees with the quit penelty that is not FOR RANKED MOD is and idiot this is a quick way to destroy whats left of the community i for one already on verge of just not playing anymore going back to gtva bf1 marvel heros all of its better than this ****

Haha nice try, but here's another view:

Anyone who intentionally causes gamecrashes because of "reasons" is an idiot.
Real idiots think that their enjoyment is more important than that of other players and try to excuse their ignorant mentality with "reasons".
And that's for sure a quick way to destroy what's left of the community.

What? You'll go and never return? Oh no, what a pity!
I really hope thats are not just empty promises.
I would be really glad if i don't have to deal anymore with that sort of idiots.
Do you really believe that it would be a loss for the community if you move further and bothering no one anymore with such a toxic behavior?

CaptainPwnet
05-28-2017, 10:21 PM
Haha nice try, but here's another view:

Anyone who intentionally causes gamecrashes because of "reasons" is an idiot.
Real idiots think that their enjoyment is more important than that of other players and try to excuse their ignorant mentality with "reasons".
And that's for sure a quick way to destroy what's left of the community.

What? You'll go and never return? Oh no, what a pity!
I really hope thats are not just empty promises.
I would be really glad if i don't have to deal anymore with that sort of idiots.
Do you really believe that it would be a loss for the community if you move further and bothering no one anymore with such a toxic behavior?

"intentionally causes game crashes"? Are you high? lol

It's also pretty hypocritical to say the quitters are ignorant and believe their fun is more important that that of others. The same would hold true to those that complain about quitters ruining their own fun. You're saying that the quitter complainers fun is more important than that of the quitter? So people should be forced to endure unfun games because reasons? If you're going to blame anyone, then blame UBI.

The game crashes are in no way a fault of the players quitting, that **** is 100% on UBI and now they think punishing others for their own failings is a good idea? Not to mention the complete lack of matchmaking is also UBI's fault. It is very ignorant to blame the players in these situations when UBI released a very unfinished game full of major technical issues that has been lacking very basic features such as proper matchmaking for almost 4 months now after release. Quite the AAA release indeed I must say, we have all paid UBI to beta test their game for the last 4 months now and they have STILL barely managed to fix anything.

But anyways my feelings on quit penalty, implementing a quitter penalty in an unranked game mode when a proper matchmaking system is not in place and without a separate queue for 3/4 man premades is pretty stupid on their part. It's like they want people to leave the game. No one should be forced to play completely lopsided matches or complete pubstomps(especially with how often you run into the same people and thus run into the same premades). Even if 2 players on the non premade team are pretty good it still wont trump the coordination of the other team as long as they are half decent. The non premade team with likely less skilled players who won't be able to handle themselves and constantly die over and over which will force the possibly better players on that team into nonstop 2/3/4v1 situations which is not fun for the entire duration of a match only to inevitably lose anyways.

What is the point of playing matches like that for the non premade team, or the skillfully outclassed team, or the much less geared team? It isn't fun, you're going to lose almost inevitably, so why are they forced to stay in such situation especially when there is NOTHING ON THE LINE. The game mode is not ranked and as such the outcome doesn't even matter, its supposed to be for fun and yet these situations are not fun at all and just a complete waste of time for the losing team.

I imagine a time out duration after quitting a match before you can join another would be their idea. If this is the case then people will leave these lopside dmatches anyways and just stop playing the game. Then overtime they will just stop playing the game completely, cause lets face it, the popular opinion of the current state of the game is not very positive anyways. This game has a ton of issues from technical, to balance(both in characters and basic mechanics), and however you feel about how the devs have been handling the game. A lot of people are already not too pleased with the games current state but continue to play because it is fun and unique, but something like this could very likely end up reducing their player base even further.

I just hope UBI really isn't dumb enough to implement a quit penalty without at least also implementing a proper and working matchmaking system either before or at the same time. Ideally a matchmaking system as well as separate queues for 3/4 mans.

Personally I like this game, it's fun to play. But that has not made me blind to the fact that the game is a complete mess in almost every facet of the game and UBI has been taking their sweet VERY long time to fix major issues or implement basic features in a working manner that should have been polished and implemented before release. Now they look to quell some outcries and placate 1 group of people by punishing the community for things that are all their own fault in the first place? How about instead of working on a quit penalty you do something worth while that would likely greatly lessen the need or desire for a quit penalty?

Proper balanced matchmaking first, separate queues for 3/4 mans next. Then if still needed, a quit penalty, but this is not needed at all in an unranked game mode as far as I am concerned.

Just another note too. I am quite sure a lot of the people who complain about quitters think that people quitting is so rampant. But the reality is that in most cases players can not tell the difference between a legit quit and a DC due to technical issues that again is a problem of UBI's poor game design.

Also how would a situation like this be fair. Say I play a game, 2 of my teammates rage quit 3 minutes into the game. Now I have 2 bots on my team vs 4 players. So now I have to endure this situation that won't be fun as it will be nonstop 2+v1 situations or 4v2 situations for me and my remaining teammate? Because if we quit this now pointless and unfun game we also get a penalty?

Jasemir
05-28-2017, 10:36 PM
I'm tired of seeing those kind of topics. On one way I'm amuzed that people are admiting to it so freely that hey: "I'm a sore loser and I quit from games during a match". I mean, what the heck? You should be ashamed!

I'll say it again: If you people continue quitting from matches because of "reasons", you are not just wasting your time but other people too. And that should be punishable. Something that effects other experience negatively is not okay. One thing is a bad P2P connection issues in For Honor, totally other is childish rage quitting that starts to happen even more frequent that ends up with in-game errors. It's just sad.

Please Devs continue your work on servers, characters balance and so on. But like with farming your reputation with AFKing in the past, rage quitting is just wrong and childish. Grow up people or if you cannot handle the game pressure, look for something else. Also, instead of posting topics about quit penalty how about writing some feedback regarding what's wrong with the game or what classes seems off balance, if you really care so much to stay on games forums anyway. Because I don't see why you people, who are against quit penalty, still play For Honor after reading what you uterly hate so much about the game that makes you to quit from matches. Quitting is not solving the problem! It makes it worse!

Prior_Heahmund
05-28-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm on the fence. Until things are more properly balanced I think it is to soon for a penalty.

Pestilence1X
05-28-2017, 11:39 PM
I'm tired of seeing those kind of topics. On one way I'm amuzed that people are admiting to it so freely that hey: "I'm a sore loser and I quit from games during a match". I mean, what the heck? You should be ashamed!

I'll say it again: If you people continue quitting from matches because of "reasons", you are not just wasting your time but other people too. And that should be punishable. Something that effects other experience negatively is not okay. One thing is a bad P2P connection issues in For Honor, totally other is childish rage quitting that starts to happen even more frequent that ends up with in-game errors. It's just sad.

But how exactly are they wasting your time? You still get to continue playing the match. You still get the rewards at the end of the game, even if it resulted in a loss. The only thing those quitters are doing is just leaving the damn game. That's it. They could possibly be lowering your chances of winning, but they also might not be. You still receive a bot when a player leaves and some bots are better than players. Again, the only thing a quitter is doing is just possibly lowering your chances of winning. That's it. If you feel like leavers should be punished because it might possibly lower your playing experience, then you're honestly just selfish and entitled. Why should they be forced to continue playing a game they aren't having fun with just because it might possibly ruin your fun? A bit hypocritical if you ask me.

If you're trying to say they're wasting your time because the match has increased chances for errors and crashes, then you can only blame Ubisoft, not the leaver.

Jasemir
05-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Dear Pestilence1X, I see you wrote again the same thing in other topic. The problem is not lowering my or other people chances of winning. That's totaly not it. It is exactly what I wrote already and what you even quote "rage quitting that starts to happen even more frequent that ends up with in-game errors".

I will also quote user lesooMI who answered you in this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1677781-I-can-t-wait-till-the-quit-penalty-is-here) topic as follows:

Since 80%+ of the D/Cs in the game are a result of people quitting it actually does effect other people, everyone in the lobby to be exact. Sucks to lose an entire games progress because someone had their feelings hurt and couldn't handle taking a few deaths/loss. And as far as "playing for fun goes" I have fun when I win. But that doesn't mean I quit when I'm lossing. It's me and rest of the sweaty try hards that are the first to "ready up" after taking a beating because we
Enjoy a challenge and improving our game.

And I totaly agree with him.

Pestilence1X
05-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Dear Pestilence1X, I see you wrote again the same thing in other topic. The problem is not lowering my or other people chances of winning. That's totaly not it. It is exactly what I wrote already and what you even quote "rage quitting that starts to happen even more frequent that ends up with in-game errors".

I will also quote user lesooMI who answered you in this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1677781-I-can-t-wait-till-the-quit-penalty-is-here) topic as follows:

But again, you can only blame Ubisoft for that. Not the leavers. The leavers didn't cause your game to crash. Ubisoft's unstable game and connections did.

CaptainPwnet
05-28-2017, 11:51 PM

Hate to bring you back to reality but the game DC's that can happen when people quit is in no way a fault of the player. That is UBI's fault that these issues have not been worked out long before release, not to mention now 4 moths AFTER release. How is it that a AAA game is still in such a sorry state this long after release? We all paid UBI to beta test their game ffs. Lets discuss the real issues and shove them in UBI's face instead of making them waste time on **** like quit penalties in unranked game modes.

Illyrian_King
05-28-2017, 11:55 PM
i generally disagree to the quit penalty. The developers punish the players for thier inability to fix the stability of the game. This is not acceptable from a customers standpoint. Other than that, there is no reason for a quit penalty since, as a customer, i am not obliged to "endure" a game or be penalized. Especially with the state the game is in.

Now, i am aware that the penalty will come. As a protest and an alternative to leaving, i will refuse to participate in any fights (avoid them, aka run away from them) on the following occasions:

If you want a match aka "***** royal" with all the terms your highness would appreciate, then you have to organize a big clutch of people with the same sensibility ;)

Not being satisfied with anything is no excuse to break matches of people, who don't have that many requests!

Hold your crying towels ready, cuz 1.08 is coming :cool:

Pestilence1X
05-29-2017, 12:05 AM
If you want a match aka "***** royal" with all the terms your highness would appreciate, then you have to organize a big clutch of people with the same sensibility ;)

Not being satisfied with anything is no excuse to break matches of people, who don't have that many requests!

Hold your crying towels ready, cuz 1.08 is coming :cool:

How exactly are leavers breaking matches of people? If you're referring to match crashes and errors, then you can only blame Ubisoft for that. Not the leaver. If you're trying to say that leavers "ruin" other's playing experiences, then can you explain how?

The only thing a leaver does is leave the game. There is no guarantee they are lowering your team's chances for success, and even if they are, are you going to start banning people because they suck at the game and also lower their team's chances for success? You going to report someone to ban because they refuse to listen to your orders? A person leaving and being replaced by a bot is basically the same thing as having terrible teammates, but it doesn't personally affect you. That's really all it comes down to. You can still continue playing the game after someone left. You still earn rewards at the end of a match. The leaver isn't specifically or directly affecting you, such as "wasting your time." They just possibly affect the team's chances for success, but is that something you can really punish?

Jasemir
05-29-2017, 12:05 AM
Hate to bring you back to reality but the game DC's that can happen when people quit is in no way a fault of the player. That is UBI's fault that these issues have not been worked out long before release, not to mention now 4 moths AFTER release. How is it that a AAA game is still in such a sorry state this long after release? We all paid UBI to beta test their game ffs. Lets discuss the real issues and shove them in UBI's face instead of making them waste time on **** like quit penalties in unranked game modes.

My reality can be different than yours. And that is something worth considering. Like I can understand you have some issues with the game that in the end won't ever occur to me even once
(for example, Warden glitch, gladly I was lucky to not experience it. However of course it should be fixed ASAP). And based on many people feedback its Devs job to determine what's best. That's all.

I don't believe on my behalf with the expierence I get in playing For Honor, that always Ubisoft servers are the cause of the issue. I won't believe that because it happens far to often for me that when other team starts to lose pretty badly, where we are almsot at 1000 pts. or even past it, people start leaving match. Or after a fight where someone gets beaten up and straight after that he is replaced by BOT. And suddenly match crashes. This is clearly rage quitting and that should be, and gladly will be, punished.

Ubisoft matchmaking and P2P is not good, that's my opinion but it's different topic and rage quitting is not helping either.

Pestilence1X
05-29-2017, 12:11 AM
My reality can be different than yours. And that is something worth considering. Like I can understand you have some issues with the game that in the end won't ever occur to me even once
(for example, Warden glitch, gladly I was lucky to not experience it. However of course it should be fixed ASAP). And based on many people feedback its Devs job to determine what's best. That's all.

I don't believe on my behalf with the expierence I get in playing For Honor, that always Ubisoft servers are the cause of the issue. I won't believe that because it happens far to often for me that when other team starts to lose pretty badly, where we are almsot at 1000 pts. or even past it, people start leaving match. Or after a fight where someone gets beaten up and straight after that he is replaced by BOT. And suddenly match crashes. This is clearly rage quitting and that should be, and gladly will be, punished.

Ubisoft matchmaking and P2P is not good, that's my opinion but it's different topic and rage quitting is not helping either.

It's not a matter of opinion, but fact. Match crashes and errors are not game designs, but simply stability and connection flaws. Leavers aren't creating crashes and errors. Maybe they are the culprits and reasons for as to why such errors and crashes occur, but you can't specifically blame them.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 12:14 AM

Again, the issue you stated is that you are about to win a match and someone quits sometimes causing the match to crash. This is not intended and should never have been tolerated for a AAA full release game much less 4 months after release. The players aren't making the match crash and I doubt that it is the intention of most if not all players quitting a match at the time. That is a technical flaw that UBI has failed to fix. So instead of fixing that they are implementing a bandaid to placate people like you. You should not be happy with this placebo as people will still quit, the only difference will be that some of those people that quit matches won't be returning to play the game over time which is detrimental to the health of the game in the long run.

I get that you are frustrated and you have a right to be. Personally when this happens to me, and believe me it has happened to me numerous times, I don't really care. I have ranked up my characters already and have played enough to have plenty of steel. But letting UBI skirt the real issues with such a bandaid placebo is not in the best interest of ANY player. The fact of the matter is that players quitting or crashing causing the match to completely fall apart should have been fixed long ago so that your issue would never have even been an issue in the first place.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 12:29 AM
Even if a minority of you doesn't agree with a quit penality, the majority does. And it will be implemented, and for a good reason. I don't care if you are ganked, if there are balance issues, if you don't find losing as enjoyable as winning, I couldn't care less about your reasons. You are wasting everybody's time.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 01:36 AM
I don't care if you are ganked, if there are balance issues, if you don't find losing as enjoyable as winning, I couldn't care less about your reasons.

I enjoy fighting challenging opponents even if I lose, but I enjoy winning more. In fact I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys winning more (on average, stomps aren't fun).

xLeapingLizardx
05-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I enjoy fighting challenging opponents even if I lose, but I enjoy winning more. In fact I'm pretty sure everyone enjoys winning more (on average, stomps aren't fun).

True!
But people should expect to lose and expect anything to happen when you choose to que up for a game that has 2 sides of real people where the result is going to be 1 winner and 1 loser. That is just how life goes.
If you are on a basketball team and your team is getting stomped, you can't just walk away, you have to finish.

The way I see it is people just quit quit and quit until they find a game where they have an advantage (or rarely where they are having good fights but still losing). That's just weak, you can't only play winning games you got to roll with the punches and take it, just like the people that still stay in a game and take a loss after you have stomped them.. They were able to take a loss while you, if you were on the other end, would have rage quit and wouldn't take your earned loss.

I also que up for PVP to play with and against actual people. When you quit I either have to face a bot that I don't want to face or have a terrible bot teammate all because you couldn't keep your composure to not press start and press quit...