PDA

View Full Version : You're out of your damn mind if you think rage quitters are the biggest problem

Casper5632
05-28-2017, 07:33 AM
So they are deciding that penalizing quitters is the best choice at the moment? I had a player AFK until 4 minutes left in the match until it finally booted them. It still does not consider player gear or experience at ALL when calculating matchmaking, leading to 90% of the matches to be COMPLETELY ONE SIDED. Not even going to start on the technical issues involve disconnects and crashes.

I, as well as many other players, will continue to quit matches prematurely in these situations. The only difference now will be that when we see we cant join a match again for 15 or so minutes (which I assume will be the penalty) we will just go enjoy another game that had better matchmaking and general programming. Quitting a match is the only way to avoid the issues with this game right now, and you are patching out the temporary fix we have before fixing the reason we do it in the first place.

Joshhhuaaa-SC
05-28-2017, 07:54 AM
This is because they are too lazy to add dedicated servers. Let's punish the player instead of us not adding dedicated servers. Because when you leave, everyone might lag out, :)

MarkedElite
05-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Exactly, the reason is ubisoft not the players.

DrExtrem
05-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Well. They are out of their minds if they think, that a penalty will stop them from quitting games.

The core issue is left untouched - ****ty matchmaking and unbalanced heroes.

Dear devs. If you want people to stop quitting matches, fix your matchmaking and heroes balance - because that's why people are quitting.

kweassa1917
05-28-2017, 09:31 AM
None of what you people mention is an excuse for AFKing and ragequitting. All it does is basically tell the story of people with zero integrity and sportsmanship, and just this long, incessant desire to whine.

Everyone knows random is random. Randomness brings a slew of different results each time. When you agree to play a game under random team matching you already knew and agreed to the results could be sometimes less than ideal.

If you don't agree to those terms, you should not be playing the game in the first place. Nobody forced you into playing a random team matching/draw.

I'll bet you pathetic wankers never remember all the times the game teamed you up pretty decent, or even with good players.

No, of course not. All your brains register is the worst cases scenarios which fits your biased imagery of "ohhh boohoo the game and devs is out to screw me".

Cry me a river, get over yourselves you wanks. You aren't that good, and probably more than half the times the reason your team is losing is because of you. :rolleyes:

Windsorhay
05-28-2017, 10:12 AM
Wow its people like you who quit prematurely that causes a team to lose. If you lose you lose maybe step your game up

MarkedElite
05-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Wow its people like you who quit prematurely that causes a team to lose. If you lose you lose maybe step your game up

Oh, so we should just take the d*ck when we're trying to level a new character not even gear rank 20 only to be matched with a full team of 100+'s? We'd lose anyways lol.
Stupid people, man.

Egotistic_Ez
05-28-2017, 12:58 PM

The matchmaker is trash. A large portion of games are one sided stomps so people quit, not out of rage but because there's no reason to play something that isn't fun. The rage quit penalty won't stop that happening, it'll just stop people playing entirely.

And you can say "good riddance" or some other childish dismissal, but with the low population even more people leaving will make match making even more trash which will cause even more people to quit etc etc.

kweassa1917
05-28-2017, 01:25 PM
The matchmaker is trash. A large portion of games are one sided stomps so people quit, not out of rage but because there's no reason to play something that isn't fun. The rage quit penalty won't stop that happening, it'll just stop people playing entirely.

And you can say "good riddance" or some other childish dismissal, but with the low population even more people leaving will make match making even more trash which will cause even more people to quit etc etc.

Hope you don't ever go to Vegas. Because your attitude is basically the same thing as putting money into the slot, and then kicking the shi* out of the machine because the odds didn't roll to your favor, and then throwing a fit demanding you get your money back.

Random is random. Does it really take a brain surgeon to understand in PUG matches some teams are good, some are bad, and some are enjoyable? :D

You want a game with perfect MMR? Go play chess. I hear they have a terrific ELO system there.

C.More
05-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Oh, so we should just take the d*ck when we're trying to level a new character not even gear rank 20 only to be matched with a full team of 100+'s?
You're right! Take it like a man. If you loose, you loose simple as that.

Or to say it with the words of brecht:
"Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."

Try it and fight them.
I've already written it in another thread.
You will be surprised, cause often enough they're not so good as the gearscore makes you believe. And hopefully they won't quit as usual when they take a proper beating from a non-rep-fully-grey-crew.

Btw, especially If you level a new Char it's worth to stay until it's over and save your xp and steel, every little helps.
And again as a reminder: If you loose, you loose. It's no big deal.

TheNinefingers
05-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Literally won (completely decimated) a match today with all grey geared players on my team vs 2x 144's, a 130something and an 80something geared character. All of us were between 14-19 kills each and 0-1 deaths.

Glad we didn't have quitters on our team, instead we buckled down and constantly supported each other.

C.More
05-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Literally won (completely decimated) a match today with all grey geared players on my team vs 2x 144's, a 130something and an 80something geared character. All of us were between 14-19 kills each and 0-1 deaths.

Glad we didn't have quitters on our team, instead we buckled down and constantly supported each other.

Nice, good Job! That's what i mean.
My greatest respect to your opponents if they played that match till the end without leaving.

CaptainPwnet
05-28-2017, 09:49 PM

Good for you, but that really means nothing and is an exception to the norm. Rep/GS =/= Skill. There are plenty high rep and geared players who still barely know how to parry or even feint. I am still baffled on the number of zerkers in dom that are rep 10+ and all they do is side light>top heavy for the most part.

But anyways, implementing a quitter penalty in an unranked game mode when a proper matchmaking system is not in place and without a separate queue for 3/4 man premades is pretty stupid on their part. It's like they want people to leave the game. No one should be forced to play completely lopsided matches or complete pubstomps(especially with how often you run into the same people and thus run into the same premades). Even if 2 players on the non premade team are pretty good it still wont trump the coordination of the other team as long as they are half decent. The non premade team with likely less skilled players who won't be able to handle themselves and constantly die over and over which will force the possibly better players on that team into nonstop 2/3/4v1 situations which is not fun for the entire duration of a match only to inevitably lose anyways.

What is the point of playing matches like that for the non premade team, or the skillfully outclassed team, or the much less geared team? It isn't fun, you're going to lose almost inevitably, so why are they forced to stay in such situation especially when there is NOTHING ON THE LINE. The game mode is not ranked and as such the outcome doesn't even matter, its supposed to be for fun and yet these situations are not fun at all and just a complete waste of time for the losing team.

I imagine a time out duration after quitting a match before you can join another would be their idea. If this is the case then people will leave these lopside dmatches anyways and just stop playing the game. Then overtime they will just stop playing the game completely, cause lets face it, the popular opinion of the current state of the game is not very positive anyways. This game has a ton of issues from technical, to balance(both in characters and basic mechanics), and however you feel about how the devs have been handling the game. A lot of people are already not too pleased with the games current state but continue to play because it is fun and unique, but something like this could very likely end up reducing their player base even further.

I just hope UBI really isn't dumb enough to implement a quit penalty without at least also implementing a proper and working matchmaking system either before or at the same time. Ideally a matchmaking system as well as separate queues for 3/4 mans.

Vingrask
05-28-2017, 10:45 PM
You're out of your damn mind if you think rage quitters are the biggest problem

They are.

Quitters are the same snowflakes who can't see a challenge without start to cry.

I can't wait the patch!

Anevian-
05-29-2017, 12:43 AM
Good for you, but that really means nothing and is an exception to the norm. Rep/GS =/= Skill. There are plenty high rep and geared players who still barely know how to parry or even feint. I am still baffled on the number of zerkers in dom that are rep 10+ and all they do is side light>top heavy for the most part.

But anyways, implementing a quitter penalty in an unranked game mode when a proper matchmaking system is not in place and without a separate queue for 3/4 man premades is pretty stupid on their part. It's like they want people to leave the game. No one should be forced to play completely lopsided matches or complete pubstomps(especially with how often you run into the same people and thus run into the same premades). Even if 2 players on the non premade team are pretty good it still wont trump the coordination of the other team as long as they are half decent. The non premade team with likely less skilled players who won't be able to handle themselves and constantly die over and over which will force the possibly better players on that team into nonstop 2/3/4v1 situations which is not fun for the entire duration of a match only to inevitably lose anyways.

What is the point of playing matches like that for the non premade team, or the skillfully outclassed team, or the much less geared team? It isn't fun, you're going to lose almost inevitably, so why are they forced to stay in such situation especially when there is NOTHING ON THE LINE. The game mode is not ranked and as such the outcome doesn't even matter, its supposed to be for fun and yet these situations are not fun at all and just a complete waste of time for the losing team.

I imagine a time out duration after quitting a match before you can join another would be their idea. If this is the case then people will leave these lopside dmatches anyways and just stop playing the game. Then overtime they will just stop playing the game completely, cause lets face it, the popular opinion of the current state of the game is not very positive anyways. This game has a ton of issues from technical, to balance(both in characters and basic mechanics), and however you feel about how the devs have been handling the game. A lot of people are already not too pleased with the games current state but continue to play because it is fun and unique, but something like this could very likely end up reducing their player base even further.

I just hope UBI really isn't dumb enough to implement a quit penalty without at least also implementing a proper and working matchmaking system either before or at the same time. Ideally a matchmaking system as well as separate queues for 3/4 mans.

So then do you leave matches when you are on your main against a bunch of under geared, under leveled, and unskilled opponents? Surely they're not having fun so why should you stay and continue to make the game frustrating for them?

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 12:46 AM
There are many problems. And rage quitters are ALSO part of the problem. Dealing with them is just as important as dealing with other things. Everything must be fixed that can be fixed.

We can talk about many issues here, but defending part of the problem will not do much. Rage quitters must, and will be penalized. I don't care about the whining about matchmaking, balance issues, or anything. If you don't find it fun, you don't play. Good Bye. But if you play, you stay through the end.

Nobody should have to put up with your childish behavior

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 12:55 AM
So then do you leave matches when you are on your main against a bunch of under geared, under leveled, and unskilled opponents? Surely they're not having fun so why should you stay and continue to make the game frustrating for them?

Straw man argument. Those players are free to leave if they are not having fun, I won't care. If this leaves the game as a bot match or as something like 4v1+3 bots then I very well might leave if the game isn't close to finished cause I don't want to play bot matches even if its a free win for me since the outcome of the match and the rewards on match completion mean very little win or lose, not to me anyways. I just want to have fun games.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:06 AM
yall are nuts if u think this is even a solution this gonna drasticly kill the game i for one will be one thos people that stop all together w.e say ur childish dont let the door hit ya talk because ull be there too its funny this game doesnt have rage quitters just because of matchmaking they quit out of frustration that the game barley works you have glitchs and bugs at every turn of this game p2p inconstant mechanics lag inputlag and straight up non registering buttons that just push w.e this game broken as **** and fixing little things like this is for later down the road not when the game still in pre beta conditions

You are missing the point. People DON'T care if you are frustrated. Go ride a bicycle if you are. Rage quitting affects others also. For one, I couldn't care less if a guy who would quit anyway doesn't want to start up the game. It would be even better if he wouldn't

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 01:10 AM
You are missing the point. People DON'T care if you are frustrated. Go ride a bicycle if you are. Rage quitting affects others also. For one, I couldn't care less if a guy who would quit anyway doesn't want to start up the game. It would be even better if he wouldn't

Actually you are missing the point. Implementing a quit penalty will do very little in solving the problem. The main problem is rooted in UBI's failure to provide proper and balanced matchmaking as well as a stable and working network platform to play on. If these 2 issues were properly solved, and they should have been solved before release much less now 4 months after release, then the majority of the communities issue with quitters would not be an issue in the first place.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:13 AM
Actually you are missing the point. Implementing a quit penalty will do very little in solving the problem. The main problem is rooted in UBI's failure to provide proper and balanced matchmaking as well as a stable and working network platform to play on.

matchmaking is one thing
rage quitting is another thing.

You try to mix the goat with the cow.
You can blame UBI for technical issues, and talk about it,
and you can blame people for childish behavior.

So yeah you are missing the point and you are confused about two separate things

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 01:14 AM
matchmaking is one thing

You can blame UBI for technical issues, and talk about it,
and you can blame people for childish behavior.

So yeah you are missing the point and you are confused about two separate things

Ok since what you said has no bearing an the argument at hand how bout you explain how rage quitting is a problem for you? Exactly why is it an issue?

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:19 AM
Ok since what you said has no bearing an the argument at hand how bout you explain how rage quitting is a problem for you? Exactly why is it an issue?

It's an issue since it can break the game,
It's an issue since I want to play with people who stay in the game once we started

Why am I not rage quitting? I could do it you know. I am dealing with the exact same matchmaking, and with the exact same people. So why am I not rage quitting?

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 01:20 AM
matchmaking is one thing

No they aren't. lol

People don't just rage quit at random, they quit because something about the game is pissing them off. Usually that something is an unbalanced match. The match maker being a pos is the main cause of rage quits.

And guess what? When those people leave the match maker will become even worse because it won't have as many people to draw from.

Rage quit penalties are a good thing IF your matchmaker isn't trash.

EDIT

Oh so you want ragers penalised because Ubi can't code for ****? Gotcha.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:25 AM
No they aren't. lol

People don't just rage quit at random, they quit because something about the game is pissing them off. Usually that something is an unbalanced match. The match maker being a pos is the main cause of rage quits.

And guess what? When those people leave the match maker will become even worse because it won't have as many people to draw from.

Rage quit penalties are a good thing IF your matchmaker isn't trash.

Again: if you are pissed off, nobody cares. Seriously.
You are pissed off because you are losing, you are pissed off because you say that some charactyers are OP, you are pissed off because of the matchmaking, you are pissed off because you are the best player in the world and the only reason you lose is because of a bad matchmaking.

Nobody cares about the reasons why you are rage quitting. You will be penalized because you are. You can blame matchmaking, the world hunger, the neighbor's cat, it makes no difference. These are just poor excuses. Why am I not doing it?

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 01:28 AM
It's an issue since I want to play with people who stay in the game once we started

Why am I not rage quitting? I could do it you know. I am dealing with the exact same matchmaking, and with the exact same people. So why am I not rage quitting?

Ok, so it can break the game yes. But If UBI fixed their P2P network platform in a way that befits a AAA game then this would never be an issue. People could leave matches without threatening the stability of the match for others.

You want people to stay in the match once its started. Ok, so why do people leave matches? Usually due to unbalanced and lopsided matchups whether it's due to player skill, gear, premades pubstomping or whatever. You don't think a lot of that would be alleviated with a proper matchmaking system to properly match players based on skill, gear, and maybe even having separate queues for premades?

I am not saying if these issues were worked out there would suddenly be no ragequitting. But the negative effects of ragequitting that every is mostly crying about would no longer exist. As well as some of the primary reasons for ragequitting to happen would also be smoothed over making it much less prevalent.

Ragequitting i snot the issue, it is UBI's failure to fix problems or implement basic features that should have been in on release. But here we are 4 months after release and UBI still has not fixed these and many other issues. Yet they are willing to give people like you a bandaid, mostly placebo fix to placate you and you should not be happy with that as it will change very little. People will still quit, matches will still crash, unbalanced games will still happen. The only difference is that those who do quit will likely over time just stop playing completely. Now you may say "good riddance", but the fact is that will impact the health of this game you enjoy playing in th elong run and that is not in ANY players best interest.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:34 AM
I have no idea why you keep saying that rage quitting is not an issue. A large majority of the players agree that it is an issue. So why are you keep saying that?

Yeah some mechanics have to be adjusted, yeah sometimes matchmaking is weird, I am playing the same game, you know?

But saying the rage quitting is not a problem is just denying an obvious issue.

I keep repeating that you being pissed off has nothing to do with anything. That is simply your problem.
We can speak about issues and fixes with the game. But you being pissed off is not something that can be fixed with a patch.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 01:43 AM
Again: if you are pissed off, nobody cares. Seriously.
You are pissed off because you are losing, you are pissed off because you say that some charactyers are OP, you are pissed off because of the matchmaking, you are pissed off because you are the best player in the world and the only reason you lose is because of a bad matchmaking.

Nobody cares about the reasons why you are rage quitting. You will be penalized because you are. You can blame matchmaking, the world hunger, the neighbor's cat, it makes no difference. These are just poor excuses. Why am I not doing it?

The issue here is you assume I rage quit. If it's coming up to the end of my gaming session and I get placed against a premade of 144 gs and my team is low then yeah, I'll probably quit for the night. But other than that I usually play games out.

I'm saying that a quit penalty is bad because it is. I'm OBJECTIVELY stating that it will hurt the game more than help it. You want to see me as a rager because it's the only defence you have, you have no logical counter argument at all.

The only horse I have in this race is that quitters quitting for good will increase my queue times.

I have no idea why you keep saying that rage quitting is not an issue. A large majority of the players agree that it is an issue. So why are you keep saying that?

A large majority of the forum say a lot of stupid things. Game mechanics should not be based on the opinion of the masses.

ShadowStepped
05-29-2017, 01:44 AM
It's all about money man. They seriously don't care. As long as their getting their money. I've had a lot of ideas on here and have seen many good ideas from the community. But still, no one from Ubisoft has responded. You know why? Because a **** load of ppl say the same **** and they are running out of **** to say. Yet I still love the game. Vicious cycle.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 01:46 AM
A large majority of the forum say a lot of stupid things. Game mechanics should not be based on the opinion of the masses.

Well I'm sorry if other people's opinion is not compatible with your perfect world where everybody agrees with you. And penalizing rage quitting is not a game mechanic. Sorry to burst that bubble. It's a system implemented against a behavior. Against a negative behavior. And you will have to deal with that.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 01:49 AM
The issue here is you assume I rage quit. If it's coming up to the end of my gaming session and I get placed against a premade of 144 gs and my team is low then yeah, I'll probably quit for the night. But other than that I usually play games out.

I'm saying that a quit penalty is bad because it is. I'm OBJECTIVELY stating that it will hurt the game more than help it. You want to see me as a rager because it's the only defence you have, you have no logical counter argument at all.

The only horse I have in this race is that quitters quitting for good will increase my queue times.

Just like UBI can't fix their P2P or matchmaking, you can't fix stupid it would seem. Just sad that the majority seems to fall into the stupid category as such UBI will have to cater to them and provide the bandaid/placebo they wish.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 01:54 AM
Well I'm sorry if other people's opinion is not compatible with your perfect world where everybody agrees with you.

I never said it should be based on mine either. You need to stop being a child that assumes everything people post is for their own benefit. Weigh the pros and cans objectively and come to a conclusion.

And penalizing rage quitting is not a game mechanic. Sorry to burst that bubble. It's a system implemented against a behavior. Against a negative behavior. And you will have to deal with that.

Rage quit penalties are a mechanic of the game. And even if they weren't (again, they are), you're just arguing semantics to pad your argument because you have no actual rebuttal.

I expect you'll reply to me with some insult or another, but that just proves you've lost the debate.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
I never said it should be based on mine either. You need to stop being a child that assumes everything people post is for their own benefit. Weigh the pros and cans objectively and come to a conclusion.

Rage quit penalties are a mechanic of the game. And even if they weren't (again, they are), you're just arguing semantics to pad your argument because you have no actual rebuttal.

I expect you'll reply to me with some insult or another, but that just proves you've lost the debate.

Yeah, keep telling that to yourself, while this system will be implemented even if this loud minority tries to speak up against it.
And of course I will not insult you. Usually I get insulted, but don't worry, I can take it.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Yeah, keep telling that to yourself, while this system will be implemented even if this loud minority tries to speak up against it.
And of course I will not insult you. Usually I get insulted, but don't worry, I can take it.

You've been insulting people and raging across multiple threads now. It's too late to play the good guy card. Also I'll note the lack of any rebuttal in your reply. Again.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 02:07 AM
You've been insulting people and raging across multiple threads now. It's too late to play the good guy card. Also I'll note the lack of any rebuttal in your reply. Again.

Raging? quote me where I was raging. I will personally gift you a game through Steam. Your provocations are useless.

You have to try harder. Much harder to pull some raging out of me. But you are really not enough for that. I am aware that I'm on a forum, and I am aware that my opinion counts ever if you disagree. And guess what? This penality will be implemented even if you wave your hands around and bring in unrelated stuff into the discussion to defend it. Why? Because you are part of a minority who doesn't like a penality against this behavior.

And it will be implemented because the majority wants it. Simple enough? Enjoy your game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 02:46 AM
The community has been begging for them for ages so leaver penalties are coming whether you people like it or not.

You can yell at the clouds all day long, but its not gonna stop it from raining.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 02:48 AM
Leaver penalties are coming whether you people like it or not. The community has been begging for them for ages.

You can yell at the clouds all day log, but its not gonna stop it from raining.

Yeah :D and mark my words, once it does, the rage quitter will storm the forums to argue against their penality saying that they didn't leave! They were disconnected! Every time they were losing and the game was not so much fun to them :P

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 02:51 AM
Yeah :D and mark my words, once it does, the rage quitter will storm the forums to argue against their penality saying that they didn't leave! They were disconnected! Every time they were losing and the game was not so much fun to them :P

That will of course happen. You just gotta wait for them to accept they can't leave anymore without being punished or they will simply leave the game entirely and play something else.

People will leave less games or the community is cleansed of toxic players.

Either way the community wins.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 02:53 AM

and mark my words when your precious leaver penalty only causes those players to sit in matches and wait for them to end while contributing nothing to help their team lol.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 02:54 AM
and mark my words when your precious leaver penalty only causes those players to sit in matches and wait for them to end while contributing nothing to help their team lol.

Thats what the "Report Player for Griefing" option is for :)

And with any luck those petty childish scrubs will do the community a favor and get bored and stop playing the game entirely.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 02:56 AM
Thats what the "Report Player for Griefing" option is for :)

That won't accomplish anything, if you think otherwise you are sadly mistaken. Not to mention by not contributing I mean they will be running around and being active but not playing seriously. In this situation there is nothing UBI can do even if they wanted to. They can't define or expect people to play in a specific manner then punish them for not playing as best as they possibly can.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 02:58 AM
That won't accomplish anything, if you think otherwise you are sadly mistaken. Not to mention by not contributing I mean they will be running around and being active but not playing seriously. In this situation there is nothing UBI can do even if they wanted to. They can't define or expect people to play in a specific manner then punish them for not playing as best as they possibly can.

If the person sits in the spawn and does nothing they will be reported and contrary to popular belief the reports actually do things.

And if the person wants to throw a hissy fit like a child and refuse to help the team thats fine. I will take their frustration and irritation at not being able to leave as compensation for me losing a match.

So long as they are forced to stay in the match and suffer through the loss like the rest of us I am fine with that. If it does become a common problem I will just simply play in pre-made groups more often and then I never have to worry about it.

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 02:59 AM

Well, leavers contribute nothing to help their team anyway. So why would I care if they don't even start up the game if they would leave anyway? Furthermore griefing can be reported and proof provided the same way as against people using exploits.

And you can have a nasty surprise on multiple offenses. And you will gather those offense reports in no time, if you behave like that.

You already are half way there if you try to convince people to do it because nothing would happen to them

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 03:02 AM
If the person sits in the spawn and does nothing they will be reported and contrary to popular belief the reports actually do things.

And if the person wants to throw a hissy fit like a child and refuse to help the team thats fine. I will take their frustration and irritation at not being able to leave as compensation for me losing a match.

You see that's the common misconception. You think they are so incredibly frustrated or mad, but really the majority of them are not. They don't care, at all, they are just avoiding the leaver penalty with a sigh. Very likely while doing so they are watching something on another screen especially on PC. I know you want this penalty to mean something or accomplish something. But it won't in fact it will only create more problems all the while skirting the real issues of why people are quitting and the negative effects of one person quitting on the others in the match. The people like you are very likely more frustrated or mad than they are.

UbiNoty
05-29-2017, 03:03 AM
Rage-quitting because you don't like the way is going is not conducive to the overall For Honor experience and negatively impacts all players. Players who do this not only risk causing further disconnects and crashes to the other players in their session, they also are essentially wasting the time of the other players who queued up, went into the lobby and loaded into the match to play. So please, please be considerate of your fellow community members and don't quit - instead, help us find ways to address and resolve the issues that are causing you to want to quit.

-For one, we're looking to implement new changes to the matchmaking system soon - this should address the gear + experience imbalance issues that may have led to rage-quitting.
-AFK players are kicked for inactivity and AFK farmers should be reported and will be sanctioned - if you run into them, don't make the experience even more miserable for the other players in your match by adding your rage-quitting on top of that as well.

If there are other reasons that are causing you to want to rage-quit, bring it up with us so we can address it. We want you to enjoy the match and see it all the way through to the end - so we'll try our best to resolve any problems that may be causing the rage-quitting. Also, at the end of the day, you're not playing by yourself, but with others and we ask that you be considerate of that fact and think twice before you try to rage-quit for any reason.

Thanks!

UbiNoty
05-29-2017, 03:04 AM
You see that's the common misconception. You think they are so incredibly frustrated or mad, but really the majority of them are not. They don't care, at all, they are just avoiding the leaver penalty with a sigh. Very likely while doing so they are watching something on another screen especially on PC. I know you want this penalty to mean something or accomplish something. But it won't in fact it will only create more problems all the while skirting the real issues of why people are quitting and the negative effects of one person quitting on the others in the match. The people like you are very likely more frustrated or mad than they are.

Like I just posted - let us know what kinds of reasons you have for rage-quitting so we can address it. We have to know the problem first so we can fix it!

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 03:09 AM
I do love how the people crying about the Penalties invariably fall into 2 categories.

Category 1) The people who cry tears of blood over the fact that are being forced to stay in matches that they are losing and are claiming they don't care and will leave anyway cause its THEIR game and they can play how they want and if they get punished they will quit the game entirely.

Reality: No one cares if you leave. The community is better off without ragequitting tantrum throwing players.

Category 2) The people who are claiming the penalties will accomplish nothing and they pretend not to care.

Reality: yeah you care. You will be on the forums complaining just like the people in the other category when the penalties get here. You just wanna sound like you are above all of this instead of complaining about it, but the moment it actually affects you then you will be here stamping your feet like the rest of them.

Yeah you are right, but let's not be like them. We know that it's a game, we don't lose our head and throw our mug out through the window. So don't be so aggressive and sarcastic towards them. Otherwhise let's enjoy a nice game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:10 AM
Rage-quitting because you don't like the way is going is not conducive to the overall For Honor experience and negatively impacts all players. Players who do this not only risk causing further disconnects and crashes to the other players in their session, they also are essentially wasting the time of the other players who queued up, went into the lobby and loaded into the match to play. So please, please be considerate of your fellow community members and don't quit - instead, help us find ways to address and resolve the issues that are causing you to want to quit.

Noty you know I agree with you, but you are wasting your time I think with most of those people. They ragequit because they are selfish and don't care about other players and prove that by leaving games and not caring.

You are trying to appeal to their sportsmanship and their care for others, but they don't have any. Only sanctions and penalties will get through to those kinds of players.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 03:12 AM

-For one, we're looking to implement new changes to the matchmaking system soon - this should address the gear + experience imbalance issues that may have led to rage-quitting.
-AFK players are kicked for inactivity and AFK farmers should be reported and will be sanctioned - if you run into them, don't make the experience even more miserable for the other players in your match by adding your rage-quitting on top of that as well.

If there are other reasons that are causing you to want to rage-quit, bring it up with us so we can address it. We want you to enjoy the match and see it all the way through to the end - so we'll try our best to resolve any problems that may be causing the rage-quitting. Also, at the end of the day, you're not playing by yourself, but with others and we ask that you be considerate of that fact and think twice before you try to rage-quit for any reason.

Thanks!

Yes, what you say makes sense and is in line with basic human consideration. But even you are implying that the disconnects that happen are the fault of the players quitting matches. How could it even be considered normal or acceptable in a AAA game 4 months after release that games may crash, and very frequently, when people start leaving? The fault is that of your devs and now you are implementing penalties for quitting before resolving the issues that may be causing the quitting or resolving the issues causing the further negative effects of quitiing on others in the match.

You are essentially putting the cart before the horse here without considering the further problems this might cause. If you were implementing balanced matchmaking at the same time as a leaver penalty then I could understand, but it seems like you are focused on getting the leaver penalty in to placate people before solving the root of the problem.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 03:15 AM
Like I just posted - let us know what kinds of reasons you have for rage-quitting so we can address it. We have to know the problem first so we can fix it!

Really? You are asking this? Cause it has been posted by not only myself in this and other recent threads on this topic why this happens. I don't see why I have to reiterate yet again, no disrespect.

Not to mention they are the same issues that have been present and brought up time and again since launch.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:22 AM
You are essentially putting the cart before the horse here without considering the further problems this might cause. If you were implementing balanced matchmaking at the same time as a leaver penalty then I could understand, but it seems like you are focused on getting the leaver penalty in to placate people before solving the root of the problem.

Except its already been confirmed by the community and the Devs have also stated that the Leaving IS a cause for some of the stability issues and the stability issues are the number 1 priority.

So by punishing ragequitters and reducing the number of leavers they are helping with stability as well.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 03:29 AM
Except its already been confirmed by the community and the Devs have also stated that the Leaving IS a cause for some of the stability issues and the stability issues are the number 1 priority.

So by punishing ragequitters and reducing the number of leavers they are helping with stability as well.

Leavers affecting stability in so substantial a way never should have been a thing in the first place bud. Stop being blind to the root of the problem. They also say connection and stability is their number 1 priority. But where is the results, the fruits of their supposed labor? I know game development is not an easy task but they have said the same thing every week since launch and yet where are we now? The exact same place we were at launch as far as connection and game stability goes but with more content to spend steel on. What does that show the community?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 03:32 AM
Leavers affecting stability in so substantial a way never should have been a thing in the first place bud. Stop being blind to the root of the problem. They also say connection and stability is their number 1 priority. But where is the results, the fruits of their supposed labor? I know game development is not an easy task but they have said the same thing every week since launch and yet where are we now? The exact same place we were at launch as far as connection and game stability goes but with more content to spend steel on. What does that show the community?

Idk about you, but my buddies and I haven't had a single disconnect since the new season started. For me the game has never been more stable.

The only issues I have had is couple of matchmaking errors and 2 times where my game crashed at the end of a match.

CaptainPwnet
05-29-2017, 03:36 AM
Idk about you, but my buddies and I haven't had a single disconnect since the new season started. For me the game has never been more stable.

The only issues I have had is couple of matchmaking errors and 2 times where my game crashed at the end of a match.

Then you are lucky. I do have days where I sometimes don't DC at all over hours of play or maybe only once or twice. But then I have days where I'm lucky to complete even a single match in that time period. Not to mention with S2 my NAT has suddenly turned yellow and never changed even though it used to be always green. With this I have noticed a lot more hits through blocks and missed timing on easy GB counters/parry's.

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 03:56 AM
Yes, what you say makes sense and is in line with basic human consideration. But even you are implying that the disconnects that happen are the fault of the players quitting matches. How could it even be considered normal or acceptable in a AAA game 4 months after release that games may crash, and very frequently, when people start leaving? The fault is that of your devs and now you are implementing penalties for quitting before resolving the issues that may be causing the quitting or resolving the issues causing the further negative effects of quitiing on others in the match.

Let me explain to you what is the root problem with ragequitters.

The main issue why people ragequit is very simple.

They can't take a loss.

Thats the core issue of the majority of ragequitters (but not of all).

People are quitting befor it starts when: (i will call them Main-Quitter) (let's say around 80% of all quitters are those Main-quitter)
1. They see the gear stats/ rep of the enemy team
2. They see a Hero they can't handle (calling them "OP")
After it started:
3. Core issue - they start to lose
4. They feel steam rolled / ganked etc

Those excuses imply the core issue.
The enemy has better gear / more experience / plays a char they have a hard time against / a char who has the potential to troll easier -> this means: the match will be harder for them, the possibility that they can lose is higher.

Let's say, you can't see gear stats and rep.
The main-quitter will stay at the beginning, but they ALWAYS be quitting if the match isn't going their way -> means if they are losing / an enemy is better they will quit anyway.

And this core issue is something that Ubi can't change.
For those ppl the quit penalty will be made.

People who are leaving because of Main-Quitter (the Follower) (around 10% of quitters)
Those are people who are leaving because they are left alone, or feel intiminated because the player amount is imbalanced after a Main-quitter left.
They are leaving not in first line because of taking a possible loss, they are leaving because they are scared the match will be unfair. (I do sometimes think, that a bot will do better than a potential ragequitter noob :P but thats just MO)
Those people wouldn't quit if nobody quits befor them.

The last 10% are people who actually have a reason to leave:
- if the game is unplayable due to laggs
- if they need to go becaue the real life calls them
- if they go afk to long, because of real life, and so on :D
- oh and also if people want to avoid certain player, who are playing very cheesy (most of the time it is the case in 1v1 or 2v2)

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:05 AM
Let me explain to you what is the root problem with ragequitters.

The main issue why people ragequit is very simple.

They can't take a loss.

Thats the core issue of the majority of ragequitters (but not of all).

People are quitting befor it starts when: (i will call them Main-Quitter) (let's say around 80% of all quitters are those Main-quitter)
1. They see the gear stats/ rep of the enemy team
2. They see a Hero they can't handle (calling them "OP")
After it started:
3. Core issue - they start to lose
4. They feel steam rolled / ganked etc

Those excuses imply the core issue.
The enemy has better gear / more experience / plays a char they have a hard time against / a char who has the potential to troll easier -> this means: the match will be harder for them, the possibility that they can lose is higher.

Let's say, you can't see gear stats and rep.
The main-quitter will stay at the beginning, but they ALWAYS be quitting if the match isn't going their way -> means if they are losing / an enemy is better they will quit anyway.

And this core issue is something that Ubi can't change.
For those ppl the quit penalty will be made.

People who are leaving because of Main-Quitter (the Follower) (around 10% of quitters)
Those are people who are leaving because they are left alone, or feel intiminated because the player amount is imbalanced after a Main-quitter left.
They are leaving not in first line because of taking a possible loss, they are leaving because they are scared the match will be unfair. (I do sometimes think, that a bot will do better than a potential ragequitter noob :P but thats just MO)
Those people wouldn't quit if nobody quits befor them.

The last 10% are people who actually have a reason to leave:
- if the game is unplayable due to laggs
- if they need to go becaue the real life calls them
- if they go afk to long, because of real life, and so on :D
- oh and also if people want to avoid certain player, who are playing very cheesy (most of the time it is the case in 1v1 or 2v2)

Don't worry, whoever is happy for penalty in unranked modes won't need to worrry about these 2 issies here, you know what I mean

CrunaCross
05-29-2017, 04:09 AM
Then you are lucky. I do have days where I sometimes don't DC at all over hours of play or maybe only once or twice. But then I have days where I'm lucky to complete even a single match in that time period. Not to mention with S2 my NAT has suddenly turned yellow and never changed even though it used to be always green. With this I have noticed a lot more hits through blocks and missed timing on easy GB counters/parry's.

your NAT turning to yellow has nothing to do with the game, sorry to break it to you. Ub has problems to fix with the game. Yes. But fixing your internet is not among their responsabillities. And I also have no disconnection problems, and my NAT is green constantly (except when the servers were down for everybody, and my NAT was unknown)

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 04:26 AM
Don't worry, whoever is happy for penalty in unranked modes won't need to worrry about these 2 issies here, you know what I mean

I don't need to worry :D, whoever plays For Honor instead For Ragequit, won't need to worry about Penalty ;)

And by the way, acutally those people who have a real life are happy about the Penalty, because it is their small amount of time which they invest in a hobby like gaming will be wasted most of the time due to ragequitters.
Sure, there are connetion issues sometimes, thats a thing i will never deny.
The point is:
Let's say, 4 out of 10 matches are not working because of connection issues, laggs etc.

So 6 out of 10 are stable, but 4 out of 6 stable matches will be interrupted or messed up due to ragequitters.

So actually you lost 2/3 of stable matches due to the ignorance of ragequitter.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:33 AM

Yeah.....

Because the people who AREN'T ragequitting a video game are CLEARLY the ones with social issues lol

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:40 AM
I don't need to worry :D, whoever plays For Honor instead For Ragequit, won't need to worry about Penalty ;)

And by the way, acutally those people who have a real life are happy about the Penalty, because it is their small amount of time which they invest in a hobby like gaming will be wasted most of the time due to ragequitters.
Sure, there are connetion issues sometimes, thats a thing i will never deny.
The point is:
Let's say, 4 out of 10 matches are not working because of connection issues, laggs etc.

So 6 out of 10 are stable, but 4 out of 6 stable matches will be interrupted or messed up due to ragequitters.

So actually you lost 2/3 of stable matches due to the ignorance of ragequitter.

I was playing with a frind of mine ( a real one, not the fake ones coyote runs to faceroll pugs) he got a DC because ubisoft online network is indeed a quality ones ( irony) so, since we had to do the same orders, i quitted that game to actually remake the group, because you know, we had only 2 hours of game time.

So according to some random jerks, now i would need to get penalized because my buddy gets disconnected, and HE CANNOT REJOIN the same game with me ? Are we trolling or making serious arguments ? Get ****ing real people.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:43 AM
So according to some random jerks, now i would need to get penalized because my buddy gets disconnected, and HE CANNOT REJOIN the same game with me ? Are we trolling or making serious arguments ? Get ****ing real people.

There is this magical thing called patience. Your friends can either wait until the match is over or do a couple of duels to kill time.

Just because your buddy left or got dropped does not mean you HAVE to leave the game immediately. Especially considering now your team is already down 1 player and you are trying to make them down 2 players by leaving.

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:46 AM
There is this magical thing called patience. Your friends can either wait until the match is over or do a couple of duels to kill time.

Just because your buddy left or got dropped does not mean you HAVE to leave the game immediately. Especially considering now your team is already down 1 player and you are trying to make them down 2 players by leaving.

Ever heard about real life stuff ? no ? Good they are boring.

After this one, its confirmed that you are a troll.

FArewell.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:48 AM
Ever heard about real life stuff ? no ? Good they are boring.

After this one, its confirmed that you are a troll.

FArewell.

Because I used logic and a perfectly good example of why you don't have to leave immediately?

That makes me a troll despite the fact that YOU are the one throwing insults and trying to say people agreeing with the penalties have no life?

Okay champ. Whatever makes you feel better lol

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 04:52 AM
Because I used logic and a perfectly good example of why you don't have to leave immediately?

That makes me a troll despite the fact that YOU are the one throwing insults and trying to say people agreeing with the penalties have no life?

Okay champ. Whatever makes you feel better lol

So, if we never play togheter cuz RL stuff, and we finally found a decent time to play togheter, I need to actually spend 15 minutes making him wait, because the game is so crap that kicked him, and offers no rejoin option ? Like even the last of the f2p have ?

Your logic is like dedicated servers, its needed, but it doesn't exist.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-29-2017, 04:57 AM
So, if we never play togheter cuz RL stuff, and we finally found a decent time to play togheter, I need to actually spend 15 minutes making him wait, because the game is so crap that kicked him, and offers no rejoin option ? Like even the worst corean p2w ?

I never said that it doesn't suck, but you leaving makes your team have to face a 2v4 and that is just selfish on your part.

Also 15mins? Not sure what dominion matches you are playing, but unless he gets kicked the MOMENT the match starts and then your team and the enemy teams proceeds to have an ABSURDLY close match that comes down to overtime 15mins is a bit long of an estimate.

The point is moot anyway because the penalties are coming whether we like it or not. Not only becaus ethe community wants it, but the Devs also want it implemented.

Your logic is like dedicated servers, its needed, but it doesn't exist.

Not gonna lie that was an excellent line that made me laugh. I am gonna steal it btw.

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 04:59 AM
I was playing with a frind of mine ( a real one, not the fake ones coyote runs to faceroll pugs) he got a DC because ubisoft online network is indeed a quality ones ( irony) so, since we had to do the same orders, i quitted that game to actually remake the group, because you know, we had only 2 hours of game time.

I know this problem very well, i do play solo or with my best friend ( best friends since 13 years - but this isn't important now, also whats wrong with friends out of the internet? i met my girlfriend in the internet due to a friend i met in Terra Online 5 years ago) she lives 200 km away from me (currently i am at her place), those people are people just like you (most of the time)) but back to the topic.

To me and my best friend, it happens too, that someone is kicked (reasons are, connection issues but in my case it happens more often if somebody ragequitts (around 30% disconnect /70% kick due to ragequitters).
And you and coyote are both right.
If this happens at the start of a game, me or my friend will leave in 70% of the cases) if it happens in the middle of the game the other ones does some duells or something else.

So a better way would be to implent an option to rejoin the game due to a invitation of the player who is still in the game (this is something that works in other multiplayer games aswell )

Netcode_err_404
05-29-2017, 03:13 PM
I know this problem very well, i do play solo or with my best friend ( best friends since 13 years - but this isn't important now, also whats wrong with friends out of the internet? i met my girlfriend in the internet due to a friend i met in Terra Online 5 years ago) she lives 200 km away from me (currently i am at her place), those people are people just like you (most of the time)) but back to the topic.

To me and my best friend, it happens too, that someone is kicked (reasons are, connection issues but in my case it happens more often if somebody ragequitts (around 30% disconnect /70% kick due to ragequitters).
And you and coyote are both right.
If this happens at the start of a game, me or my friend will leave in 70% of the cases) if it happens in the middle of the game the other ones does some duells or something else.

So a better way would be to implent an option to rejoin the game due to a invitation of the player who is still in the game (this is something that works in other multiplayer games aswell )

All cool, but they won't do it, and thats confirms what I say.

They don't care a flying sh1t abot quitters, they just want to use them as scapegoat to justify their 1990 network service.

the game on its current state is too broken to implement a penalty,

- Game is so broken that very often in 1v1 you eill find people that just turtle up without attack to make you salty for some ****ty yesterday a warlord kept me 5 minutes in a round doing nothing except blocking ad infinitum, just to troll me. Name me another game that allows you to literally keep a guy in a game for 5 full minutes because the core mechanics are completely broken. I QUIT, because i don't want to waste my time with nerds like him.

- GAme kicks out your friend, so if you have limited game time, you are foorced to finish this game in 3 ( according to some fanboys here finishing the game in 3 because one quitted deserves a penalty, but finishing it in 3 people because you got kicked out is fine LOL) and theres no rejoin match, so you both need to waste 15 more minutes

- No proper matchmaking, thats mean a new fresh players will get matched with 2000 hoiurs no lifer, that will destroy him, again he will be forced to actually get facerolled for 15 minutes because ubitroll MM doesn't work

-No differences between solo q and full premade with discord. Again same, you will get facerolled, if the team is half decent you won't be able to move. Same problem with DBD if the 4 survivors are in premade, the killer will be obliterated in less than 2 minutes. The difference is DBD is an indie for honor seems like one, but it isn't.

-Bad balancing, against 4 centurions ? No ty.

- All the above, are UNRANKED games. So, if you really are that competitive go in ranked. Oh right, the game is so broken theres no ranked LOL

Utopie.
05-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Rage-quitting because you don't like the way is going is not conducive to the overall For Honor experience and negatively impacts all players [...]

Thanks!

Okay let me try - but first of all: My team and I never Ragequit (how you defined it) and you are on the wrong track if you think people are only leaving because of that. If we are losing, we take the loss. More so, we take it gladly because we are rarely meeting good teams. We are leaving a game because we want to play together or I leave a game if the game has technical issues which makes it basically unplayable.

What happens from time to time to one or several of us:

- Blurry screen
- Controller not working
- Black Screen
- A game that is resyncing every 30 seconds
- Group splitting (!!!)
- Not able to move the character
- One or more of my team are getting an Error
- massive lagging

I am all in for quit penalty (because hell we have such opponents nearly every game) but I feel the game needs a bunch of fixes beside implementing the penalty.

Egotistic_Ez
05-29-2017, 04:01 PM
I am all in for quit penalty (because hell we have such opponents nearly every game) but I feel the game needs a bunch of fixes beside implementing the penalty.

That's pretty much the opinion of every sane player. Problem is Ubi won't admit the game has any errors, so nothing will be addressed, so the penalty is going in even though it'll screw the game even more.

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 05:43 PM
Okay let me try - but first of all: My team and I never Ragequit (how you defined it) and you are on the wrong track if you think people are only leaving because of that. If we are losing, we take the loss. More so, we take it gladly because we are rarely meeting good teams. We are leaving a game because we want to play together or I leave a game if the game has technical issues which makes it basically unplayable.

What happens from time to time to one or several of us:

- Blurry screen
- Controller not working
- Black Screen
- A game that is resyncing every 30 seconds
- Group splitting (!!!)
- Not able to move the character
- One or more of my team are getting an Error
- massive lagging

Yep, you are right, and they working at them.
If we get the quit penalty we can hope, that less people will quit this game.
This means, the less people quit -> less error due to quitting occure -> Error left are easier to refer/match to Gamebased issues
There are tons of errors due to ragequitter and if this amount shrinks it will be abit easier for the devs, it is a step-by-step process.

That's pretty much the opinion of every sane player. Problem is Ubi won't admit the game has any errors, so nothing will be addressed, so the penalty is going in even though it'll screw the game even more.

Ubi knows their issues and some they don't know, so if the community helps by informing Ubi about them they can adress those issues as far as possible....
And why this Penalty is a good think, i did explain it above....

its like watch and alcoholic lmao drink away acting like the world is theirs not knowing they are actually killing themselves

And watching people like you is even worse .... there is no positive feedback, only complaints, but feeling like you are the kings, knowing everything better.

Anri-Okita
05-29-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm concerned about false positives. The game has a tendency to freeze, forcing me to terminate the process through Task Manager. I can run any other game crash/freeze free, and this only happens with For Honor. Will I, and other similar players, be punished for the failures of Ubisoft and their game, in this war to persecute rage quitters?

Hackfraysn
05-29-2017, 07:37 PM
Well, first of all, before you can even consider implementing penalties for ragequitters, your platform needs to be reliable and working properly. Sadly, it just isn't.

I still get random disconnects or sometimes your anti cheat program randomly boots me out of the match (never cheated in any multiplayer game in my entire life), especially when people leave queue after a match and I stay. Granted, I never had that many issues with connectivity to begin with, not even at launch so consider me lucky, but still. Matches still crash often enough due to various error messages, your anti-cheat randomly boots people out who definitely don't cheat and random disconnects are still not uncommon. Considering how frequently many technical issues still occur ( in all of your games, not just this one in particular), you should be nowhere near even thinking about greenlighting penalties for leavers, yet.

Honestly, I don't care about those penalties. I don't ragequit but I think you'll add way more frustration to the game than you're doing good, considering how frequent technical issues are still ruining the experience.

But since you won't listen anyway, here's the feedback you requested, UbiNoty. Here's to hope you want to make a difference, want to make a change and improve this game, heck maybe even save it.

So, you wanted reasons why people ragequit? People keep telling you since launch, yet you're barking up the wrong tree, still wondering what's wrong. Well, here you go:
1. Horrible matchmaking. For Honor's matchmaking system is by far one of the worst and most unfair ones I've ever seen and I've played all the MOBAs on the market. Gear got somewhat toned down, but the issue is still there. You get matched with people who massively outgear you AND have multiple times your playtime on various characters. You can't just quickmatch and have some fun because you're never going to fight people of your skill level. This is especially brutal for beginners and the reason why all of my friends quit the game very quickly. Some quit on the very first day when they realized they don't stand a chance because you match absolute beginners against multiple prestige rank cracks, who mock them in chat after the lopsided stomp.
2. Some characters are just flawed by design and you have to compensate with mastery of the game's mechanics in order to win. Some matchups are so ridiculously lopsided that people get frustrated. Factor in the horrible matchmaking, the gear and experience gap and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why people ragequit. The sorry state of the game promotes and breeds frustration and some people just can't handle it or don't wanna put up with it. Or the just don't care. After all, there are plenty games on the market that aren't as frustrating. Don't go on a nerfing spree, though. Analyze why certain characters are lackluster and just bring all characters up to the top tier characters' standards.

[TL;DR] You're not going to fix anything by implementing harsh penalties for ragequitters as long as your game's core fundamentals such as matchmaking and character balance are (left) inherently flawed.

Ulnias
05-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Well. They are out of their minds if they think, that a penalty will stop them from quitting games.

The core issue is left untouched - ****ty matchmaking and unbalanced heroes.

Dear devs. If you want people to stop quitting matches, fix your matchmaking and heroes balance - because that's why people are quitting.

oh so those people who keep getting killed (by equal leveled players) or the people who leave mid execution, or the like,.. they dont count as the people rage quitting? jsut people who are severely outmatched (which i play those games anyway, cause hey I mgiht get one fo them one day xD) matchmaking needs work. a lot of char issues are people sucking. some belances and tweaks do need to be done though I agree.