PDA

View Full Version : is it even fun anymore?

yuckle
05-27-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm a casual gamer. usually play 2-3 hours a day. And this game used to be great fun!

Losing wasn't frustrating, it was just a learning experience. Getting outclassed in a fight and learning new tricks and tactics was a blast.

But with the addition of these 2 new hero's I find myself disconnected from the game. Especially that centurion move which moves the camera and swings it up. Completely disengaging me from any immersion I had felt.

Now, instead of the intimate battles I a find myself have to dodge constantly to avoid getting floored and disabled and essentially being ganked left right and centre.

Am I missing something? Or has Ubisoft simply ruined this game for casual gamers.

CrunaCross
05-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Well yeah it's fun. I have yet to find a multiplayer game that doesn't have a frustrating side. When a multiplayer is new it's always more fun since nobody knows what they are doing. But it's kind of inevitable for a meta to replace it and veterans make it hard for new or very casual players to find fun in it.

Starcraft 2 multiplayer comes in my mind. There was a huge difference at launch in fun. It's still an awesome game but it's impossible for newcomers. For Honor is actually easier to return to, in a couple of days you can refresh your knowledge. And it will be fun again.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-27-2017, 11:38 PM
It's not those new heroes fault, it's the core mechanics of this game that needs to change. Attacking means exposing yourself to damage (the irony)
When i duel i usually take turns with my opponent (I attack first then he attacks and so on) or if we are confident or suicidal enough with the kit of our hero to try some consecutive attacks. That way feels a little more "fair" and enjoyable than being plain passive. It's like a non-written rule. However the new heroes, expecially the centurion, has natural chains of unblockables and finishers which are new, no hero had such disruptive and easy to perform moves in their kit. You'll get used to him pretty quick.

Lumina-US
05-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Simply put - no, it's not fun anymore at all, so many issues, so many imbalances, so much salt, so much nonsense out there.

I used to gain 1 and a half Rep lvl's daily during Season 1 easily, but since a few weeks now, all i do is completing the daily orders vs AI (goes quicker and stays crash free) and log off. I might throw a single match or two inbetween when i'm close to gaining an extra lvl, but that's about it. Otherwise i just wait for the daily orders to reset - rinse, repeat.

So yeah, so much fun it is... (NOT!)

Waynedetta40k
05-28-2017, 12:07 AM
The Game lost around 90% of its population.
First Month it had around 28k players online average on steam now its around 3k and declining. Thats just as much players as some indie games do have.
Big games have around hundered of thounds of players on average.
And for this game which is p2p is even worse... People do not need to wonder why they get DC'd I dont think p2p works with such a small playerbase...

And then people like me who havent played for months because the game was in a ****ty state, game and class breaking bugs which werent fixed within weeks even months, we come back at the game and then there are still those kinds of bugs around, and again it takes weeks to fix them.

So you are not alone around 90% of the players who started the game do feel the same. They just do not post here because they allready forgott FH exists.
I just hope that there is some kind of company out there who got inspired by FH and does the same thing but better.

I have lost any interest in future ubi games, I hoped that S2 changed a lot I even expected ranked to be here and a change in meta...

Hormly
05-28-2017, 12:07 AM
Simply put - no, it's not fun anymore at all, so many issues, so many imbalances, so much salt, so much nonsense out there.

I used to gain 1 and a half Rep lvl's daily during Season 1 easily, but since a few weeks now, all i do is completing the daily orders vs AI (goes quicker and stays crash free) and log off. I might throw a single match or two inbetween when i'm close to gaining an extra lvl, but that's about it. Otherwise i just wait for the daily orders to reset - rinse, repeat.

So yeah, so much fun it is... (NOT!)

In the exact same boat, log in, do orders VS AI, log out.

Cant play against humans anymore as the new classes wreck the flow of combat entirely.

makes me wonder why I dont just uninstall, guess I still have hope for the future?

razabak10mm
05-28-2017, 12:29 AM
Right now you can walk around one shotting people with a Warden. That might be kinda fun for you.

Lumina-US
05-28-2017, 12:31 AM
In the exact same boat, log in, do orders VS AI, log out.

Cant play against humans anymore as the new classes wreck the flow of combat entirely.

makes me wonder why I dont just uninstall, guess I still have hope for the future?I think you still have the game on your Console/PC for the same reason as i do.

To be dead honest, the hopes that the game is getting back on the right tracks is next to nonexistent, but you invested time, collected many armor and weapon sets and in the very end you might still like the rather unique middle-age inspired setting.

I guess that's why you (resp. we) didn't uninstall the game yet.

But in all honesty the fun grows thiner and thiner and every single day new problems and exploits turn up, which hurt the game more and more...

Feels like a Football game without a Football on the pitch to be honest.

Mia.Nora
05-28-2017, 04:41 AM
I feel completely same. Ganks were not uncommon before, but at least you would keep fighting till you died. Even the chars with bashes had to do it from a very short distance or charge it up a lot to reach you.

New characters makes it so that they can spam disablers from such a huge distance away with heatseeking property, you don't fight anymore you just keep dodging until you get hit once and then leave the controller down.

XxHunterHxX
05-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Right now you can walk around one shotting people with a Warden. That might be kinda fun for you.

Nobushi and Orochi can also do the 1 hit kill

teamspirit1
05-28-2017, 12:26 PM
I feel completely same. Ganks were not uncommon before, but at least you would keep fighting till you died. Even the chars with bashes had to do it from a very short distance or charge it up a lot to reach you.

New characters makes it so that they can spam disablers from such a huge distance away with heatseeking property, you don't fight anymore you just keep dodging until you get hit once and then leave the controller down.

my feelings exactly the same.i miss slow methodical fights with feinting,parrying and character switching etc.now its just disables,unblockables and stuns.

ViciousOphidian
05-28-2017, 12:31 PM
... I find myself disconnected from the game...

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

PablO_Chaconn
05-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Things chage , learn to adapt. I havnt got a issue with this game but that's because I'm good :)

Mia.Nora
05-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Things chage , learn to adapt. I havnt got a issue with this game but that's because I'm good :)

There is nothing to adapt apart from avoiding ganksquads and just running around recapturing the objective they just left.

At that point this game does not even resemble a closequarters melee fight at all, since it is just a button masher for ganksquad, and a pacman for the solo guy.

Funny part is, people who dismiss those complaint are not aware that when all others move onto vs AI games (once its fixed in 7 months) their queue times will just get longer and longer with the remaining games turning into 2 ganksquads staring at each other.

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 12:57 PM

Lol no you aren't, you are just warlord.

kweassa1917
05-28-2017, 01:21 PM
There is nothing to adapt apart from avoiding ganksquads and just running around recapturing the objective they just left.

Which is a clear indicator of how much you know about basic team tactics in this game -- which is approximately zilch.

At that point this game does not even resemble a closequarters melee fight at all, since it is just a button masher for ganksquad, and a pacman for the solo guy.

All this time and gankwhiners still don't get it, do they.. ROFL

There is no such thing as "hey, I'm good when I'm 1v1... it's only because the darn gank-squad ruins my fun".

It's very simple -- if you get ganked, it's one or multiple of the following:

(a) you simply suck
(b) your entire team sucks as much as you
(c) the enemy team is leaps and bounds better than you and your team
(d) the gank is of your own choice, necessary sacrifice in order to buy time for your team whatever means necessary -- in which case hardly should be any complaints.

Funny part is, people who dismiss those complaint are not aware that when all others move onto vs AI games (once its fixed in 7 months) their queue times will just get longer and longer with the remaining games turning into 2 ganksquads staring at each other.

How desperate are you, to basically try and hold "hostage" people to get the devs to pander for sucky people? LOL!

Pathetic.

Titoxin
05-28-2017, 06:22 PM
The Game lost around 90% of its population.
First Month it had around 28k players online average on steam now its around 3k and declining. Thats just as much players as some indie games do have.
Big games have around hundered of thounds of players on average.
And for this game which is p2p is even worse... People do not need to wonder why they get DC'd I dont think p2p works with such a small playerbase...

And then people like me who havent played for months because the game was in a ****ty state, game and class breaking bugs which werent fixed within weeks even months, we come back at the game and then there are still those kinds of bugs around, and again it takes weeks to fix them.

So you are not alone around 90% of the players who started the game do feel the same. They just do not post here because they allready forgott FH exists.
I just hope that there is some kind of company out there who got inspired by FH and does the same thing but better.

I have lost any interest in future ubi games, I hoped that S2 changed a lot I even expected ranked to be here and a change in meta...

the game has 4,400 players active at the time i reply to this thread. active players of factorio in steam: 14,400. single player indie game, pretty niece. its just a joke. even awesomenauts has more active players...

oh and around 47k players playing for rocket league....numbers dont lie

ViciousOphidian
05-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Kingdom Come: Deliverance will have similar combat if it ever gets released. And it will be Single-player so its even better.

kweassa1917
05-29-2017, 02:34 PM
the game has 4,400 players active at the time i reply to this thread. active players of factorio in steam: 14,400. single player indie game, pretty niece. its just a joke. even awesomenauts has more active players...

oh and around 47k players playing for rocket league....numbers dont lie

How many players do you think other fighting games like Tekken or Street Fighter, do you think, are online at a given time?

Fighting-genre is notorious for hellish learning curves and generally doesn't attract a lot of people no matter how big or "successful" it is. The glory days of this game genre was during the late '90s and early 2000s where people still played games in arcades, but since then made way to more casual, easier games and genres, and nowadays always stays a minority.

Think about that before you try any meaningless comparisons.

Here's a lil' reference to how many people play Street Fighter 5 -- a pretty well received fighting game franchise with die-hard loyal fans with any series.

http://steamcharts.com/app/310950

Steam Charts: 5.29.2017
● Playing 29 mins ago -- 1,320
●24-hour peak -- 1,339
●all-time peak -- 13,807

Tekken 7 releases on Steam in June, another long-time franchise with solid, die-hard fans. My prediction is the numbers won't be all that different despite still having undying fanbase and devoted fan communities.

The fighting genre is a minority from the start.

agentpoop
05-29-2017, 10:40 PM
It's just not balanced with the Cent in play. He's too dominant in all aspects of a fight, even if you create some distance between you and him he can track you across the map and to win you really can't mess up even once. He has the speed of an Valk, the physicality of a Lawbringer, the power of a Warden and has his own stamina drain ability on top of all that while having the most unblockables in the game most of which you can't even parry or dodge. I'm going back to Overwatch until this is balanced.