PDA

View Full Version : Why I will not be playing For Honor anymore

TG.Exley
05-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Ubisoft,

I would like to thank you for introducing the 2 new characters into the game, so I can resume my life and not play For Honor anymore.
Even if you manage to change centurion and shinobi in the future, to rebalance the game, this is one customer you have already lost -> I will donate my copy of the game, to a stranger, and will not buy any more Ubisoft games.

Best regards.

PS: I was a big fan of R6, but that is also a game I have not played in 2 months and will not be playing it anymore.

DrExtrem
05-27-2017, 05:26 PM
That's not very kind of you. The poor person getting the game from you, might not have done anything wrong.

This game is broken to the core. The bots are broken, the heroes are broken, mechanics are broken.

I am getting sandbagged again in my private matches (being able to play an online game online is maybe too 2016) by my own team. If every bot in your own team dies three times in an elimination match without killing a single enemy, I feel cheated.

The new heroes are the games equivalent if a super infection. We thought that pk and valk were too strong anf too fast on console - you added the shinobi abf the previous op heroes now look balanced. We thought that conq, warden and warlord had the worst vortex spam - you added the centurion and suddenly, they look pretty balanced as well.

For honor is a beautiful game and my childhood fantasy. That's the only reason I still care but it is bug ridden, broken and unbalanced, as a game can be. I have never seen a game so broken, in my almost thirty years of gaming.

Congratulations. You killed my childhood dream. As if the ninja turtles remake was not bad enough.

bmason1000
05-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Congratulations. You killed my childhood dream. As if the ninja turtles remake was not bad enough.

That didn't hurt as bad as transformers did. I mean it hurt, horrifically painful, but transformers...i think my past childhood self actually felt that one through time and space.

DrExtrem
05-27-2017, 05:43 PM
That didn't hurt as bad as transformers did. I mean it hurt, horrifically painful, but transformers...i think my past childhood self actually felt that one through time and space.

Thankfully, transformers were not that popular in german tv - or at least not among my pals.

Oh crap. I just remembered the ghostbusters remake. Ok. THAT one was the worst - without a doubt. For honor however is close.

EDG_Avocado
05-28-2017, 01:48 AM
u made the right decision

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 02:00 AM
Another topic from another guy who is raging about something while he's most likely playing the game right now. If you would not care about the game, you would not have posted this. I have about 500 games in my Steam library, and If I would start a thread on every game forum of the games I'm not playing anymore I would have to take a very long vacation finishing it.

But what is your point anyway posting this in a public forums? You expect people to fall on their knees asking you not to go? I just don't get these occasional threads some people make saying that they are gone forever and they are NEVER returning.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 02:16 AM
Another topic from another guy who is raging about something while he's most likely playing the game right now. If you would not care about the game, you would not have posted this. I have about 500 games in my Steam library, and If I would start a thread on every game forum of the games I'm not playing anymore I would have to take a very long vacation finishing it.

But what is your point anyway posting this in a public forums? You expect people to fall on their knees asking you not to go? I just don't get these occasional threads some people make saying that they are gone forever and they are NEVER returning.

Because obviously balance complaints are consistently ignored so this hits them where it actually hurts. 1 less person they are able to legally report as playing the game as an active user and one less person with any chance to generate more revenue by buying steel from ubisoft. He even took it a step further as disgusted as he is with the game and is swearing off future purchases of any ubisoft game.

If he's even remotely serious, this is a loss, no matter how insignificant you perceive it to be and the advertisement of this loss may discourage others from generating revenue for ubisoft now and in the future.

does that answer your fanboy question?

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 02:21 AM
Because obviously balance complaints are consistently ignored so this hits them where it actually hurts. 1 less person they are able to legally report as playing the game as an active user and one less person with any chance to generate more revenue by buying steel from ubisoft. He even took it a step further as disgusted as he is with the game and is swearing off future purchases of any ubisoft game.

If he's even remotely serious, this is a loss, no matter how insignificant you perceive it to be and the advertisement of this loss may discourage others from generating revenue for ubisoft now and in the future.

does that answer your fanboy question?

What is a fanboy question?
And no it does not. Threads like these are pointless.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 02:25 AM
What is a fanboy question?
And no it does not. Threads like these are pointless.

Standing in stark defense of the game with your nihilistic approach to this guys thread about quitting.

And they are pointless to you and I. To Ubisoft this is a avenue of revenue lost, regardless of how insignificant and pointless it may seem to you.

You know, game companies are out to make money, they don't just provide us with lit games to play out of the goodness of their hearts

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 02:33 AM
Standing in stark defense of the game with your nihilistic approach to this guys thread about quitting.

And they are pointless to you and I. To Ubisoft this is a avenue of revenue lost, regardless of how insignificant and pointless it may seem to you.

You know, game companies are out to make money, they don't just provide us with lit games to play out of the goodness of their hearts

You have a wild imagination dude. It must help you at night when you feel lonely, am I right?
By saying that posts like this one of abandoning the game and which are found by the hundreds in EVERY multiplayer game forums is pointless, how exactly am I defending the game?

Oh my "fanboy questions" have to be answered. This part is funny also. So I have to ask again what is a fanboy question. What does that even mean?
And how are the hundreds of posts like this that have no meaning in every game forum add anything to a community discussion?
It's pointless.
It's meaningless.
And those who play don't care that you write a farewell letter to hell knows who.
You are free to go any time and return any time.
It's a game.

And I don't care about a company the slightest. I'm here to play a game and maybe discuss about it on these forums.

radi0wantcandy
05-28-2017, 02:41 AM
You have a wild imagination dude. It must help you at night when you feel lonely, am I right?
By saying that posts like this one of abandoning the game and which are found by the hundreds in EVERY multiplayer game forums is pointless, how exactly am I defending the game?

Oh my "fanboy questions" have to be answered. This part is funny also. So I have to ask again what is a fanboy question. What does that even mean?
And how are the hundreds of posts like this that have no meaning in every game forum add anything to a community discussion?
It's pointless.
It's meaningless.
And those who play don't care that you write a farewell letter to hell knows who.
You are free to go any time and return any time.
It's a game.

And I don't care about a company the slightest. I'm here to play a game and maybe discuss about it on these forums.

So don't call something pointless when you obviously refuse to look at the big picture.
Of course you don't 'care' about the company because grasping the entire picture is beyond your intellect. It's easy to claim you don't care about something when you can't wrap your brain around it.

C.More
05-28-2017, 02:53 AM

Maybe they expect ubisoft to change the game to "For Honor - balanced Edition".
It might look like this:

Only Kensei, Raider, Berserker and Nobushi on a plain map with similar movesets.
You're unable to do the same move two times in a row and after three attacks you must wait for the attacks of your opponent to prevent spam.
Every time you die, the game puts you in a new lobby immediately. If you're attacked by more than one opponent, godmode will be activated until all enemies are dead.
And at the end of a round, both teams wins.

CrunaCross
05-28-2017, 04:07 AM
So don't call something pointless when you obviously refuse to look at the big picture.
Of course you don't 'care' about the company because grasping the entire picture is beyond your intellect. It's easy to claim you don't care about something when you can't wrap your brain around it.

Nice try. But you failed. This sad panting you would call insult doesn't really works for you. Try harder. First you come up with some funny terms like "fanboy questions" and now you try to challenge me by desperately grabbing everything you can throw at me and you still fall short. I am not exactly curious about what other funny fantasies you can come up with, but be my guest. Push them forward

You just simply avoid the topic by changing the subject mixing in words like intellect and companies, while you have no idea even what you are talking about. Don't worry it will pass. I'm guessing even my account is older than you are since your birth, so you will grow up... eventually

frewbear
05-28-2017, 06:07 AM
I agree. This game went to **** fast. But if the playerbase had any decency the spamming and use of ******** characters like shinobi and centurion wouldnt be as big a problem. Just look at half the comments on here, little *****es defending Ubi's incompetence while they gank with cents, not realizing they'll be playing AIs only very soon. Just deleted this piece of ****, not holding out hope any longer.

XxHunterHxX
05-28-2017, 07:17 AM
u made the right decision

True storty

FledgeSRondo
05-28-2017, 09:28 AM
I dunno, personally I really like For Honor and continue to have high hopes for it. Itís an innovative and fiercely original title in a class all its own, at least conceptually, and I appreciate any development group willing to take such a bold risk to realize their ambitious creative vision. It's really rough around the edges (if not outright broken in some respects), and with the constant adjustments in systems, balancing, design philosophy, meta and bug fixes at this point feels more like an ongoing work in progress than anything approximating a polished final product, but I suppose those are growing pains when charting unknown territory for such a technically unprecedented and logistically complex system. "The best paid plans" and all that, or as Salvor Hardin quipped, "To succeed, planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well."

That's not to say I'm being mindlessly apologetic for the game: it has its lions share of ongoing problems and we're all paying customers, so I won't begrudge anyone their very legitimate grievances (many of which I happen to share). That said, For Honor is nevertheless a visually polished hybrid strategic objective based massive multi-player fighting game with RPG elements, the first of its impressive scale and scope and a breath of fresh air in a sea of stagnant franchise milking, and I feel that given what it has accomplished so far it deserves due credit for daring such an audacious undertaking and bringing it to this point. For what it's worth I've already gotten far more than my money's worth out of the game, having dropped hundreds of hours into it (I'll likely drop hundreds more, too), and I hope Ubisoft continues investing in the work to fully realize the potential that everyone knows it's capable of. I'm encouraged by their responsiveness, communication, dedication and obvious passion, so I'll continue to hold my breath.

C.More
05-28-2017, 01:34 PM
I dunno, personally I really like For Honor and continue to have high hopes for it. Itís an innovative and fiercely original title in a class all its own, at least conceptually, and I appreciate any development group willing to take such a bold risk to realize their ambitious creative vision. It's really rough around the edges (if not outright broken in some respects), and with the constant adjustments in systems, balancing, design philosophy, meta and bug fixes at this point feels more like an ongoing work in progress than anything approximating a polished final product, but I suppose those are growing pains when charting unknown territory for such a technically unprecedented and logistically complex system. "The best paid plans" and all that, or as Salvor Hardin quipped, "To succeed, planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well."

That's not to say I'm being mindlessly apologetic for the game: it has its lions share of ongoing problems and we're all paying customers, so I won't begrudge anyone their very legitimate grievances (many of which I happen to share). That said, For Honor is nevertheless a visually polished hybrid strategic objective based massive multi-player fighting game with RPG elements, the first of its impressive scale and scope and a breath of fresh air in a sea of stagnant franchise milking, and I feel that given what it has accomplished so far it deserves due credit for daring such an audacious undertaking and bringing it to this point. For what it's worth I've already gotten far more than my money's worth out of the game, having dropped hundreds of hours into it (I'll likely drop hundreds more, too), and I hope Ubisoft continues investing in the work to fully realize the potential that everyone knows it's capable of. I'm encouraged by their responsiveness, communication, dedication and obvious passion, so I'll continue to hold my breath.
Well said, kudos for that.

FightingFerrets
05-28-2017, 02:07 PM
I dunno, personally I really like For Honor and continue to have high hopes for it. It’s an innovative and fiercely original title in a class all its own, at least conceptually, and I appreciate any development group willing to take such a bold risk to realize their ambitious creative vision. It's really rough around the edges (if not outright broken in some respects), and with the constant adjustments in systems, balancing, design philosophy, meta and bug fixes at this point feels more like an ongoing work in progress than anything approximating a polished final product, but I suppose those are growing pains when charting unknown territory for such a technically unprecedented and logistically complex system. "The best paid plans" and all that, or as Salvor Hardin quipped, "To succeed, planning alone is insufficient. One must improvise as well."

I've felt for a very long time that the end game in all of this is For Honor 2. The current game is an extended beta experience for Ubi to find balance in the move sets, to create visually stunning maps and characters. As you said, it's an innovative and fiercely original game. I think they're eyeing a franchise experience and using this as the sandbox to get things right.