BonafideBacon
05-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Rural America - check
Lots of rednecks doing crazy **** - check
Pro-2nd Amendment Game - check
Pre-Apocalyptic setting - check
Pre-Order Doomsday Prepper DLC - check
zombies - ...

It would only seem appropriate with what seems to be the targeted audience.

usmovers_02
05-27-2017, 05:20 PM
Please no. I've just had enough zombies.

BonafideBacon
05-27-2017, 05:38 PM

An understable statement. Most zombie games these days arent worth mentioning. The genre burned out, out of lack of innovation. A true open world zombie game has only made a few games successful, though I personally would rather see this over what I feel most of it's dlc will include; which is new cosmetics and a few new weapons. Ubisoft's typical go to.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 05:59 PM
well I would say that when they do get DLC the FC games have been handled alot better than just cosmetics & guns... i.e. blood dragon & escape from durgesh. Blood Dragon being one of the best expansions to a game of all time beaten only in my mind by blood & wine for the witcher 3 and undead nightmare for RDR...

legacyzero
05-27-2017, 06:00 PM
I've always felt the Map Editor needed this. Heck, even Far Cry 4 had the opportunity, and they botched even that. Just imagine, you and 3 of your buddies making a map specifically for this mode. Fending off wave after wave of zombies coming in at you. Heck ,even waves of angry grizzly bears, or waves of RABBIDS (Yes, i said RABBIDS "DAAAAAAHHHH"), or waves of cultists. I would make maps specifically for this.

You mean to tell me, that for the first time, we'd have the opportunity to have a ZOMBIE MODE in the MAP EDITOR, and you would PASS on that??? NO WAY.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 06:02 PM
Well no one had mentioned the map editor until now, thats not really what I took OP to be talking about...

legacyzero
05-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Well no one had mentioned the map editor until now, thats not really what I took OP to be talking about...
Oh I know. Just sayin! :D

BonafideBacon
05-27-2017, 06:34 PM
well I would say that when they do get DLC the FC games have been handled alot better than just cosmetics & guns... i.e. blood dragon & escape from durgesh. Blood Dragon being one of the best expansions to a game of all time beaten only in my mind by blood & wine for the witcher 3 and undead nightmare for RDR...

Didnt play blood dragon. Reason I'm concerned with cosmetic heavy DLC is because of it's multiplayer and customization hype this go around.
Being completely honest here, most Far Cry games have turned me off. They've dropped me into a beautiful world, give me something fun and memorable to do for 3 hours, then gradually leaves me with gameplay repitition. Climb this, takeover that, rescue them... The only Farcry game Ive completed was Primal. It felt like a breath of fresh air for the franchise, especially since it's core missions didn't always feel like a grind. My interest is invested into 5, and I finally feel like the franchise is going in the right direction.

BonafideBacon
05-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Map editor and zombies does sound fun. Multiplayer and co-op. Even though I think State of decay 2 and CODWW2 will be zombies this FALL. Still be a nice option. Or DLC?

Here's to hoping this is something that comes in a tad bit later than those games. Suggesting it's dlc for a 2018 game.

Caetryn
05-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Zombies? Why not dinosaurs? Montana has a lot of paleo dig sites, just sayin'...

BonafideBacon
05-28-2017, 12:37 AM
Zombies? Why not dinosaurs? Montana has a lot of paleo dig sites, just sayin'...

I mean, i would prefer this. But I would prefer dinosaurs to have their stand alone game. Primal prequel style.
Why don't we both just agree Aliens would make best possible dlc.

IsAZebraACat
05-28-2017, 12:58 AM
Cult members are practically zombies already.

BonafideBacon
05-28-2017, 01:00 AM
Cult members are practically zombies already.

touché.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 07:06 AM
I think everyone who begs for FC to add dinosaurs should really just be asking for a more FarCry esque turok reboot...

angstik
05-28-2017, 10:25 AM
I'd take bigfoot/werewolf/Wendigo/forest monsters or anything but zombies.

I think everyone who begs for FC to add dinosaurs should really just be asking for a more FarCry esque turok reboot...

Actually it was part of the Far Cry survey proposed in 2014 by Ubisoft.

And sadly, Turok's licence belongs to Disney now. They were making a Turok 2 after the reboot being quite successful but preferred forcing Touchstone studios to make Tron the game instead. Game was a pile of sh*t and the studio got shut.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Actually it was part of the Far Cry survey proposed in 2014 by Ubisoft.

And sadly, Turok's licence belongs to Disney now. They were making a Turok 2 after the reboot being quite successful but preferred forcing Touchstone studios to make Tron the game instead. Game was a pile of sh*t and the studio got shut.

Yeah, I know all of that, I said that because I feel (and I know I'm not alone in this) a dinosaur themed Far Cry game would be a misstep, so if they got a Turok game my hope is they'd all STFU about shoehorning them into FarCry...

angstik
05-28-2017, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I know all of that, I said that because I feel (and I know I'm not alone in this) a dinosaur themed Far Cry game would be a misstep, so if they got a Turok game my hope is they'd all STFU about shoehorning them into FarCry...

Dinosaurs were part of the first far cry (a few dinosaurs mentions exist in the original games in some igame documents since the scientists were trying to clone these, and dinosaurs even serve as ennemies in one of the first games called Instinct). Normal since Crytek wanted to make a dinosaur game instead of Far Cry. So who knows... We've had Blood dragon and Primal after all.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 11:17 AM
The prospect of dinosaurs in FC doesn't really interest me is all, and based on responses i've seen in various discussions throughout the internet I'm far from alone in this train of thought.... The only FC idea I seem to be alone in is my idea for another non-modern day FC setting, which, I don't actually want, I prefer FC stay modern day as I think that is a deep well to draw from, but if they do another time period again, I've yet to hear much support of the idea I had...

angstik
05-28-2017, 11:28 AM
The prospect of dinosaurs in FC doesn't really interest me is all, and based on responses i've seen in various discussions throughout the internet I'm far from alone in this train of thought.... The only FC idea I seem to be alone in is my idea for another non-modern day FC setting, which, I don't actually want, I prefer FC stay modern day as I think that is a deep well to draw from, but if they do another time period again, I've yet to hear much support of the idea I had...

The "far cry dinosaur" thing is quite popular. i've seen dozens of fan discussions, videos, art and others. I guess they'll end up making their "far cry on a jurassic park island" in a few years, after having used all of the possible settings and concepts.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 11:45 AM
The "far cry dinosaur" thing is quite popular. i've seen dozens of fan discussions, videos, art and others. I guess they'll end up making their "far cry on a jurassic park island" in a few years, after having used all of the possible settings and concepts.

Yeah I'm not denying that the idea doesn't have it's share of supporters, but I don't know, as a concept it just doesn't interest me all that much. If theres ever been a dinosaur centric game I was interested in, it was BC.... (https://youtu.be/eCzLbJxp1V8?t=14s)

Steve64b
05-28-2017, 12:22 PM
While zombies, aliens and dinosaurs sound fun, I don't think they would fit in the premise of Far Cry 5's story. Unless the cult has a way of resurrecting corpses (with dark powers, explaining the zombies, and possibly the dinosaurs), I think it would become too much sci-fi.

I'm guessing any DLC will not change this (if anything, they could add something supernatural like Bigfoot or Indian spirits as that may fit better with Montana). But from a Map Maker's perspective, it will enable more diverse maps that go beyond the FC5 theme. Map makers already make custom objects,for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gvL8Q_a8U#t=8m02s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAOexHfdkfk#t=0m20s

I doubt Ubisoft will put in lots of work just for the Map Makers though, unless they are going to advertise the Map Editor feature. I mean even in IGN's video, the commentators were kinda like "Map maker? Doesn't ring a bell, whatever" :F
IGN video here, skip to 29:00: http://youtu.be/kUKrStkG-hE#t=29m03s

Flanker1Six
05-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Zombies and dinosaurs. Very imaginative............................never been done before.

Vampire cows, giant lobsters, and rabid hamster mode..........................that's the ticket. Oh........................and a big *** COD knife to one hit everyone with. :nonchalance:

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 10:03 PM
I doubt Ubisoft will put in lots of work just for the Map Makers though, unless they are going to advertise the Map Editor feature. I mean even in IGN's video, the commentators were kinda like "Map maker? Doesn't ring a bell, whatever" :F
IGN video here, skip to 29:00: http://youtu.be/kUKrStkG-hE#t=29m03s

Well the problem is also that you're talking about editors at IGN who for the most part are actually pretty out of touch and ignorant about alot of things that fans of whatever game IGN is talking & not knowing about would consider common knowledge...

BonafideBacon
05-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Those futuristic map editor mods are highly impressive :O
All these outlandish ideas for dlc have my hopes up that the upcoming dlc truly does take a unique turn of events.
Giant Lobsters for the win!

Steve64b
05-28-2017, 11:14 PM
Well the problem is also that you're talking about editors at IGN who for the most part are actually pretty out of touch and ignorant about alot of things that fans of whatever game IGN is talking & not knowing about would consider common knowledge...True. But Daemon Hatfield claimed to be "a big Far Cry fan, ever since Far Cry 3", and still the common thread seemed to be "as much as I enjoyed the game, I don't remember the Map Editor".

They even mention that "The Map Maker is returning from Far Cry 3", skipping the fact that there was one in Far Cry 4 at all. To me, that indicates the Map Editor for FC5 may need more exposure than FC3&4 gave the Map Editor, in order to reach a bigger audience.

AkenoKobayashi
05-29-2017, 04:23 AM
No. No zombies please. Ubisoft would completely shart on the zombie concept.

HorTyS
05-29-2017, 08:10 AM
True. But Daemon Hatfield claimed to be "a big Far Cry fan, ever since Far Cry 3", and still the common thread seemed to be "as much as I enjoyed the game, I don't remember the Map Editor".

They even mention that "The Map Maker is returning from Far Cry 3", skipping the fact that there was one in Far Cry 4 at all. To me, that indicates the Map Editor for FC5 may need more exposure than FC3&4 gave the Map Editor, in order to reach a bigger audience.

Of the few IGN "journalists" who I don't find insufferable, Daemon Hatfield is probably top of the list at this point. I agree though, communication about the editor has really been low-key thus far in the marketing of the more recent titles. I wouldn't want it's promotion to overrun the game's marketing, but it should be shown front & center of all marketing related to the MP aspect of the game... Again, it's the MP mode's most unique aspect and should really be put center stage when discussing MP...

HorTyS
10-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Its for MP and SP.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all the big map maker fans were pretty sour about the IGE being only for SP maps in FC4 were they not? You may be able to create SP maps in the IGE for FC5, but the peeps who seem to be most interested in the feature seem to enjoy it more for the MP maps they make, hence my focus on discussing it in relation to the MP. It seems to be the priority for the map makers, so it should be the priority for the marketing as that is really what I believe would help sell others on using it. Really don't see people getting excited about being able to make the SP maps, they sure didn't seem to be with FC4....

Canadian Beer42
10-20-2017, 10:18 PM
I have mixed feelings about zombies in Far Cry. Not because zombies has its ups and downs, cuz it doesn’t, zombies only has ups. But I’m debating on whether it should be a DLC or a whole separate game. Personally I think it should be a separate game. Should have the fun story like Blood Dragon, price like Blood Dragon, and the length of Primal. And I think a Far Cry Apocalypse would be a great game after 5.

Viragoxv535
10-20-2017, 10:50 PM
There are so many games with brainless heads ready to be shot at. Why are you so eager for another one?

Gr4nt8r0dy
10-21-2017, 01:21 AM
there may be many zombie games but none of them are set up like a far cry game is
i do not enjoy left for dead but i can envishun a zombie far cry game that would be very fun indeed and feel very different from something like left for dead or dead rising
if you think playing one zombie game is the same as any other than why do you not feel playing far cry is the same as any other first person shooter it is the same train of thought

Viragoxv535
10-21-2017, 01:31 AM
if you think playing one zombie game is the same as any other than why do you not feel playing far cry is the same as any other first person shooter it is the same train of thought

You cannot take the specific feature i'm referring to and extending it to the whole genre. The analogy is flawed.

Gr4nt8r0dy
10-21-2017, 01:41 AM
then the analogy that you used is flawed as well
even in the zombie games i mentioned there are various types with different ai and they are not all as you said brainless heads ready to be shot
zombies in games and movies and all that stuff come in various forms and would offer different challenges
in the last of us even tho they are not zombies exactly there are multiple types with the infected clickers and bloaters
in left 4 dead they have zombies that leap around and climb and others that call in more or explode
there is plenty of variety one can do within the zombie setting you cannot take a particular type of zombie and extend it to the whole game

Viragoxv535
10-21-2017, 01:48 AM
then the analogy that you used is flawed as well

It is not because no one here is talking about a specific type of zombie but just the concept of a zombie which is shared among them all zombie-games.

there is plenty of variety one can do within the zombie setting you cannot take a particular type of zombie and extend it to the whole game

Again, not taking any particular type of zombie.

Gr4nt8r0dy
10-21-2017, 01:56 AM
i was not talking about a particular type of ffirst person shooter yet my analogy was flawed according to you tho
there are many types of zombie games and many types of first person games
your analogy makes it seem as tho playing any other zombie game should satisfy the players
then why is it not the same as saying playing any other first person shooter would satisfy far cry players
i would like to play a zombie game with a setup like far cry and think it would be different enough from left for dead or other games to feel exciting and playing any other zombie game is not going to give me the same feeling

Viragoxv535
10-21-2017, 02:12 AM
My point is that you made an analogy on a different level. I'm referring to a specific type of enemy so you might have used that as a proper analogy.
In fact many games share some type of enemies - and i understand your reasoning on why you would still look for a zombie in a different game - but i'm picking on this enemy type specifically because it's all over the place (oversaturation may lead to hatred) and i've never liked zombies from the beginning.

Gr4nt8r0dy
10-21-2017, 04:45 AM
i just think zombies are one of the better ideas for dlc for far cry 5
i think that they would work well with the map ubi made for the game
if you want to shoot down this idea because of a bias you already have why not at least suggest an alternative

HorTyS
10-21-2017, 05:40 AM
I dunno, it's not like there are a bunch of zombie games coming out left & right, and as a DLC idea, zombies aren't the worst. Personally, I'm not opposed to zombie themed DLC but for me it'd have to meet some pretty specific conditions to be really interested in it. I don't hate zombies like Vira, but I've never played any of the aforementioned games because none of those games handle a zombie apocalypse the way I imagine a zombie game doing it, however I think being dismissive of the idea just because you're already pre-disposed to not liking zombies is a bit narrow minded. Dude likes zombies, nothin' wrong with that.

Personally, if not zombies, the only other DLC theme I like the sound of would be a wild west cowboy DLC, that'd also be one where using the same map but with some smaller scale alterations could be easily done & still make sense.

GameGuru2018
10-22-2017, 06:56 PM
Poll??? Are you kidding?:cool: It reminds me Hillary vs Trump polls!:D They are all fake!:nonchalance: My suggestion - developers, turn to Stephen King.....he will write you the best DLC short story without any zombie!

MikeJDRW
10-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Zombies - No (in FC5); but perhaps in a future game? A Wild West game would be interesting though with as large a world as the FC (series).

HorTyS
10-23-2017, 12:16 AM
Zombies - No (in FC5); but perhaps in a future game? A Wild West game would be interesting though with as large a world as the FC (series).

We're talking about DLC ideas, not that we want zombies in the main game, or a full game about zombies, just as a short DLC expansion, using the FC5 map.