PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubisoft for Ruining Dominion !!

Mia.Nora
05-27-2017, 07:36 AM
The long waited 'people will learn the meta' , 'meta will develop' finally happened.

People realized 1+Shinobi/Centurion vs 1 is instant win; now new meta formed where people never ever try 1v1, just dodge around the objective and super turtle until help arrives and get a free kill.

At that point frankly I dont give a *** about teamwork and ganking being a viable tactic. I also do not care at all that my teammates get the opportunity to gank the enemy team while I am ganked, or that my teammates are enjoying free soldier farm in the absence of enemy.

You know why? Game stopped being fun. Ganking was fun the first time you do it, but novelty of that wears off real quick; especially when there are almost no 1v1s around anymore. Now it is just pointless to the point I feel bad for the guy with 0 chance to accomplish anything. I won't even talk about how unfun trying to 1vX in current meta where you are stunlocked even during and after revenge pop.

I will still do dailies vs bots as soon as vs AI is fixed, I doubt I will ever bother vs real people who simply never fight without a ganksquad. And if nothing changes soon that makes running as ganksquad undesirable, I will just quit.

Long story short; Congratulations on your long expected meta finally emerging! Now sit and watch your flagship Dominion sink, because those ganksquads will get bored when pugs leave. Same thing happened in Battleborn, and will happen here shortly.

teamspirit1
05-27-2017, 08:19 AM
although your post sounds like complaining, its 100% true.dominion is not fun anymore.with a view to break turtle meta, unfortunately season 2 brought running gank squads and unblockable/stun spam meta.

XxHunterHxX
05-27-2017, 08:42 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/noGwE8m2DzncA/giphy.gif

Eike.Kusch
05-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Not playing Dominion versus players anymore, just against bots.

ugurbu
05-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Another day, another thread complaining about teams playing like teams in a team based game mode. If you want 1v1 then play duels, brawl or elimination. I don't understand why people keep complaining about this. Dominion is not a game mode designed for duels.

DrExtrem
05-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Not playing Dominion versus players anymore, just against bots.

And even the bots are ganging up ...

But at least there is a chance to get a 1on1.

Ontari
05-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Well, this is how dominion should look like, there should be 2/3 teams cooperating with each other, if you want to play 1v1 go play Duel, Elimination, or Brawl.

But for me there is a different problem as it comes to dominion.

Players tend to be incredibily dumb in this gamemode. They forget that what counts is THE NUMBER OF CONTROLLED POINTS, not kill count. This leads to completely irrational behaviours, of stupid gankers that play for their K/D. Countless Times in Season 2 I've watched how my whole team ganks one guy, on the outskirts of map, in completely meaningless places, when I try to cap something, being constantly destroyed by the opposing team, which tends to be more cooperative than mine.

Seriously guys... If only people split up in 2 groups at the beginning, going to cap A and C and actually DEFENDING THE BLOODY POINT, the whole dominion experience would look so differently... There is always one point that is closer/has an easier route to B. The team that holds it, should delegate one guy to clear it out of mobs, and then come back to the capped point to boost and defend it.

Seriously... players can be so incredibly dumb in dominion. Countless times I've tried to explain to them the basics of Dominion tactics, with no effect. Due to that, I'm just done playing dominion. The stupidity of some people just surpasses me.

It is not Ubisoft ruining Dominion. It's player greed for K/D, easy kills, and need to play something that has separate gamemode for that - Skirmish. What kills Dominion is people's low IQ, and failing to grasp the essence of the gamemode.

Capoupacap
05-27-2017, 10:37 AM
The long waited 'people will learn the meta' , 'meta will develop' finally happened.

People realized 1+Shinobi/Centurion vs 1 is instant win; now new meta formed where people never ever try 1v1, just dodge around the objective and super turtle until help arrives and get a free kill.

At that point frankly I dont give a *** about teamwork and ganking being a viable tactic. I also do not care at all that my teammates get the opportunity to gank the enemy team while I am ganked, or that my teammates are enjoying free soldier farm in the absence of enemy.

You know why? Game stopped being fun. Ganking was fun the first time you do it, but novelty of that wears off real quick; especially when there are almost no 1v1s around anymore. Now it is just pointless to the point I feel bad for the guy with 0 chance to accomplish anything. I won't even talk about how unfun trying to 1vX in current meta where you are stunlocked even during and after revenge pop.

I will still do dailies vs bots as soon as vs AI is fixed, I doubt I will ever bother vs real people who simply never fight without a ganksquad. And if nothing changes soon that makes running as ganksquad undesirable, I will just quit.

Long story short; Congratulations on your long expected meta finally emerging! Now sit and watch your flagship Dominion sink, because those ganksquads will get bored when pugs leave. Same thing happened in Battleborn, and will happen here shortly.

Being ganked by Cent/shinobi isn't more difficult than against any other heroes, it's a difficult situation period and on teamplay situation winning time for help to come still the better tactic.

There is some map where pure ganking is more efficient than point rooming and you should know witch strategy fit the best for each map.

I do agree that the two new heroes are pain in the *** in 4vs4, but that doesn't make them unmanageable, it just has make fighting a bit more unfun.

XxHunterHxX
05-27-2017, 11:45 AM
And even the bots are ganging up ...

But at least there is a chance to get a 1on1.

That is sad...and true LOL

Mia.Nora
05-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Being ganked by Cent/shinobi isn't more difficult than against any other heroes, it's a difficult situation period and on teamplay situation winning time for help to come still the better tactic.

There is some map where pure ganking is more efficient than point rooming and you should know witch strategy fit the best for each map.

I do agree that the two new heroes are pain in the *** in 4vs4, but that doesn't make them unmanageable, it just has make fighting a bit more unfun.

I can handle fighting 1v2 or even 1v3 vs old rooster. Not win, but keep up fighting until I die. Vs 2 Centurion/Shinobi combination there is no fighting, just dodging until you get caught in an unblockable that will chain stun you for the rest of the fight.

Also you mistake winning time till help comes in a losing situation vs blatantly refusing to fight at all just dodging around until ganksquad arrives.

Honestly do not care, unless something is done anyone who feels this way will abandon into vsAI or the game altogether; then when gank squads see that there are only other ganksquads but no solo victims, then they will get bored move on too.

teamspirit1
05-27-2017, 01:56 PM
I can handle fighting 1v2 or even 1v3 vs old rooster. Not win, but keep up fighting until I die. Vs 2 Centurion/Shinobi combination there is no fighting, just dodging until you get caught in an unblockable that will chain stun you for the rest of the fight.

Also you mistake winning time till help comes in a losing situation vs blatantly refusing to fight at all just dodging around until ganksquad arrives.

Honestly do not care, unless something is done anyone who feels this way will abandon into vsAI or the game altogether; then when gank squads see that there are only other ganksquads but no solo victims, then they will get bored move on too.

so true.

Jin....
05-27-2017, 02:24 PM
agreed..

pancakerz
05-27-2017, 03:08 PM

The only old character that was comparable to these was the Lawbro due to his shove and pancake flip. I won't lie, I've used the pancake flip spam to lock down an enemy while my teammate battered them. But at least it doesn't deal damage and lead into an "uber haxorz amazing stamina draining combo" like these new characters.

Also I've just pancake flip spammed people while solo just for fun. It doesn't hurt them, just annoys them. :D

Netcode_err_404
05-27-2017, 04:19 PM
The only old character that was comparable to these was the Lawbro due to his shove and pancake flip. I won't lie, I've used the pancake flip spam to lock down an enemy while my teammate battered them. But at least it doesn't deal damage and lead into an "uber haxorz amazing stamina draining combo" like these new characters.

Also I've just pancake flip spammed people while solo just for fun. It doesn't hurt them, just annoys them. :D

The closest is the shugo hugs, LB long arm is utter garbage in disabling people.

DrExtrem
05-27-2017, 04:50 PM
The closest is the shugo hugs, LB long arm is utter garbage in disabling people.

Or the old conq. shield bash.

Mia.Nora
05-28-2017, 04:30 AM

Totally, but at least the difficulty of executing Shugo hug and the punish that follows a fail makes it acceptable. And old stuff that was not ok like conq shieldbash spam wee nerfed mid season 1.

Vs old rooster their shoves are close range coming from characters who have low mobility; it is very doable to manage to keep fighting while keeping them at bay in 1vX.
Vs new heroes, they will just come and hit you from 2 dash distance and will lock you down afterwards in 1vX.

Titoxin
05-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Well, this is how dominion should look like, there should be 2/3 teams cooperating with each other, if you want to play 1v1 go play Duel, Elimination, or Brawl.

Players tend to be incredibily dumb in this gamemode. They forget that what counts is THE NUMBER OF CONTROLLED POINTS, not kill count. This leads to completely irrational behaviours, of stupid gankers that play for their K/D. Countless Times in Season 2 I've watched how my whole team ganks one guy, on the outskirts of map, in completely meaningless places, when I try to cap something, being constantly destroyed by the opposing team, which tends to be more cooperative than mine.

Seriously guys... If only people split up in 2 groups at the beginning, going to cap A and C and actually DEFENDING THE BLOODY POINT, the whole dominion experience would look so differently... There is always one point that is closer/has an easier route to B. The team that holds it, should delegate one guy to clear it out of mobs, and then come back to the capped point to boost and defend it.

Seriously... players can be so incredibly dumb in dominion. Countless times I've tried to explain to them the basics of Dominion tactics, with no effect. Due to that, I'm just done playing dominion. The stupidity of some people just surpasses me.

It is not Ubisoft ruining Dominion. It's player greed for K/D, easy kills, and need to play something that has separate gamemode for that - Skirmish. What kills Dominion is people's low IQ, and failing to grasp the essence of the gamemode.

nope you are totally wrong. the problem is not that players are stupid, the problem is that ubisoft has steel gain hidden behind a paywall and dailies. and there are dailies like "execute 20 people in dominion"

when you want to execute people in domoinion to complete your order, what the hell are you thinking people will do? play the objective? hell no. people get dailies that are the opposite of what the gamemode is about. there is not a daily that says "hold a point for xy second" or "defend a point you already holding aghainst an attacker 1v1"

the game itself ****s the game modes

Helnekromancer
05-29-2017, 12:47 AM

And that is the major problem with For Honor and Dominion, they didn't make a game mode for players to just turn off their brain and just kill everything in sight. Since Dominion is the mascot of For Honor and is what they showed players first in betas players think that is the "Team Deathmatch" of For Honor. Until they create a Free For All game mode where players don't have to worry about objectives but still want to kill people Dominion is just going to be annoying to play.

Mia.Nora
05-29-2017, 01:06 AM
You know the most interesting part of the problem we have with Dominion??

For Honor Dominion mode is a direct RIP OFF from Neverwinter Online DOMINATION PvP Arena.

Two teams fight over 3 objectives; one close to team A spawn, other to team B spawn and one in the middle, where captured objectives give score that counts toward 1000 to win.

But the way they made it and set the parameters results with a gameplay such that the team attempting to roam as a death squad gets shafted hard. Optimum strategy there is dividing your team 1 / 1 over furthest objectives and 3 roamers who go where they are needed separately. If enemy is spread out, then going in a 3/4 man squad with your team means losing precious time for very little gain. There is constant fight over all objectives in different size groups.

Dominion in For Honor on the other hand, fails to encourage one player attemptiing a takeover from a 1 man defending an objective. Mainly because objectives are extremely close to each other that it is easier to wait 10 more seconds for your team to join you and outnumber that one guy. That results in the gameplay meta where spreading around means losing, and staying close enough to reach other in short notice is the way to fight. Shortly that evolves into 3/4 man ganksquads roaming due to the way how overwhelmingly powerful outnumbering is.

Combined with how utterly useless revenge vs current meta and CC; we end up with this clusterfak called dominion; where you are a button masher if you are ganking; or playing pacman if you are not part of a ganksquad.

Bye Bye close quarters melee combat based on reflexes, welcome whatever the fak this is.

FightingFerrets
05-29-2017, 02:13 AM
And that is the major problem with For Honor and Dominion, they didn't make a game mode for players to just turn off their brain and just kill everything in sight. Since Dominion is the mascot of For Honor and is what they showed players first in betas players think that is the "Team Deathmatch" of For Honor. Until they create a Free For All game mode where players don't have to worry about objectives but still want to kill people Dominion is just going to be annoying to play.

That would be Skirmish....

Capoupacap
06-01-2017, 10:11 AM

You should try it on console ;) 1vs2 situation is a totally different thing. We make so test with my group, all of them play from the very beginning of the game and we arrive to a conclusion that standing up for 20sec in a 1vs2 situation is a real deal.

For sure there is heroes that are a bit more fit to these situation, but grouping up stay the more strategic option. anyway ;)

I don't formally disagree with the Cent/shinobi issue, it for sure a situation were you don't have lot of other option to dodge and punish with a quick light. But facing any other heroes that has this bash or unblocable in a 1vs2 will make the fight more difficult :)

I'm sure the Dev team will tweak this...consider you faced the worse situation and get now ready for the next month ;)

DrinkinMyStella
06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
give us the old revenge back to challenge the ganking.

Pillow_Hands
06-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Another day, another thread complaining about teams playing like teams in a team based game mode. If you want 1v1 then play duels, brawl or elimination. I don't understand why people keep complaining about this. Dominion is not a game mode designed for duels.

1v2's, and 1v3's against the old roster was only sometimes impossible if they had a lawbringer, conq, or warden, but still doable in a lot of cases. Now, with Cent with all his unblockables, stamina damage punches, and his cc kicks, and Shinobi with their own Charge of the Oni, ranged attacks with no indicators unless you're locked on to them, and their own kick, it is no longer possible to do anything. You just die. Even a brawl of 3 vs 3 on a single point is just not fun at all.

Brutal_DaDo
06-01-2017, 12:53 PM
The real issue here is that right now the majority of the players are crybabies, since the release of season 2 all i've seen is just threads about nerfin this or that and thet the games is ruined, people need to stop to pretend you can get your hands on a character and smack the s**t out of everyone, just understanding how a character works takes plenty of hour and to master it even more, even the same crap happened before season 2 when people were complaining about the warlord head spam and everything else, even if a games is hard and can't be always fun that doesn't mean it's unplayable and the only solution is to nerf everything to the ground. It's people like you that ruin the game, people like you cried about the conqueror and look at him now ? They need to rework it, just take your time to learn well the game and cooperate with your team, not one man army like if this game was dynasty warriors.

Y_Shrewditch
06-01-2017, 12:55 PM
It would be weird if my chances at survival would actually improve with the more people hitting on me, so I don't have a real issue with that.

I do have an issue with the perma-cc'ing taking place now, making it impossible to react to anything anymore.

One solution may be to rework Revenge. In stead of being able to trip on a bash once it's on, have it give an immunity to being tripped and 'parry' every bash attempt at initiation just like it would any other attack.

kweassa1917
06-01-2017, 12:57 PM

Not what I'm seeing. Doesn't matter what class, in the end the smarter team wins.

I bet it's a lot of relief on you people's petty egos when you just cram your entire team's problem upto 1~2 classes you personally hate, but from since day 1 of launch, how things go in dominion has never changed, and stays always the same. Provided not too drastic a mismatch in teams (which happens from time to time, but by no means as a majority)

1. The team that supports each other better wins
2. The team that moves faster wins
3. The team that's overall smarter wins

Don't you friggits find it funny how everything you complain about can be just as much used towards in your own favor as well, except in these pathetic "scenarios" you come up with, it's somehow always the 'roll-of-the-dice' that goes against you, ain't it. ROFL.

Yeppers.

- It's always their centurion and shinobi killing everyone
- It's always their team who are better geared and skilled
- It's always their team that have smarter players
- It's always their team that "gank" yours

When something goes wrong that often that much, then of course it's by no means an accident.

So there are two possibilities.

ONE -- The game and its devs have come up with some hidden, super secret conspiracy to always ensure your team always backfires and loses.

TWO -- You simply suck.

Methinks it's "TWO", since it's a classic case of Occam's Razor.... not to mention virtually every sucky player in any PvP game tend to snowball up in to big hordes and basically do exactly the things you friggits do around here -- jerk off each other and chant the mantra "It ain't my fault -- it's the game's fault" LOL :rolleyes:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/double-facepalm.jpg