PDA

View Full Version : The return of survival/permadeath mode!

vlainstrike
05-27-2017, 06:36 AM
Survival and permadeath mode were by far my favorite additions to Far Cry Primal as they greatly increased replay value, so I'd love to see their return in Far Cry 5!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

edit to those commenting: yes, of course it should be an optional mode - nobody wants to play like that ALL the time, myself included

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 08:12 AM
100% has to be an optional, separate difficulty option... bleech...

mistados
05-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Real life is but a continuous struggle for survival inevitabley resulting in permadeath.

Let's keep it out of games..lol

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 08:43 AM
I did not really enjoy the survival elements they added to primal. with all the resource gathering you had to do in the base game being tedious enough, having to manage food, sleep & stamina as well was frustrating AF. If they had some mode like that in this game from the get go, I would hope that it was completely separate from difficulty modes and not something you ever had to do to 100% the game and get all achievements & what-not...

LaMOi
05-27-2017, 01:07 PM
100% has to be an optional, separate difficulty option... bleech...

It was in FC PRIMAL....

+ 1 .... I'd love to see that return!

Helforsite
05-27-2017, 01:13 PM
I finished the game on Survival+Permadeath, but the old ALT+F4 if you think you're dying/detected got old after a while. Besides from that with more explosives and far better ranged weapons Permadeath would be hella difficult and annoying. As for survival and difficulty, I really like my Far Cry more difficult(higher enemy damage etc.) than the vanilla game allows for, so I think they should let themselves be inspired by Ziggy's Mod for FC3.

Dellers
05-27-2017, 02:51 PM
More achievements to never get? No thanks. With how many times I died in Primal just by getting hit by a single arrow playing normal mode I really don't think permadeath could add anything but frustration.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 05:22 PM
It was in FC PRIMAL....

+ 1 .... I'd love to see that return!

Yeah but the options were added as DLC so it makes sense that it was separate, I'd just want it to remain as such even if it is implemented from the outset.

LaMOi
05-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Of course.

It should always be an option for those that want it... not forced upon you.

I'm a big believer in having games as customisable as possible. Then the player can decide and choose how they would like to play.

Ubisoft are not bad in this regard as a lot of their games have options for the things like HUD, and difficulty.

vlainstrike
05-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Well yeah, obviously it should not be forced on everyone, but rather an optional mode, just like it was in Primal. I most definitely wouldn't want to play that way all the time either. It is a fun challenge to have sometimes, but being forced into it all the time would be infuriating.

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Well yeah, obviously it should not be forced on everyone, but rather an optional mode, just like it was in Primal. I most definitely wouldn't want to play that way all the time either. It is a fun challenge to have sometimes, but being forced into it all the time would be infuriating.

Yet another reason Ubi needs to bring back multiple save files....