PDA

View Full Version : Separate Premade Queue from Solo Queue

Mia.Nora
05-27-2017, 03:52 AM
First of all, I support ragequit punishment, it is necessary.

There have been a lot of disagreements and complaints happening about incoming ragequit penalty. Every healthy game needs that penalty for leaving games, it is a necessity and it is completely unfair people who are left with an incomplete team that has a useless bot; let alone whole game crashing issues when someone quits.

But at the same time it is completely unfair to expect people to endure lopsided game where odds are completely against them. That's why fair matchmaking is such a big requirement for online games. And separating premades from solo queuers is part of that. You will see that most of the people who are against leave penalty point to lopsided games, mainly premades with complementing hero selection and max gear score with coordinated team roaming. Especially after the introduction of heavy CC-Stun chains of new characters that is even more relevant.

Look at every successful online teambased game, and you will see that they separate premade queue from solo queue.

And then there are games like Battleborn who let premades face vs solo queuers, and that game has 80 players left as concurrent after a few months released.

BeefMan_
05-27-2017, 04:00 AM
This
A premade with more than two of the new characters is not possible to deal with

Egotistic_Ez
05-27-2017, 06:06 AM
Completely agree. I don't see it happening though.

Dizzy4213
05-27-2017, 06:13 AM
I'm all for this, but no doubt people will complain that it will split the playerbase even more.

Mia.Nora
05-27-2017, 07:42 AM
I'm all for this, but no doubt people will complain that it will split the playerbase even more.

It is not different than separating top 10% from bottom tier players; to create a fair matchmaking.
Also no one is removing their ability to solo queue if they want.

XxHunterHxX
05-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Not gona happen !