PDA

View Full Version : Far cry 5 needs Far cry 2 style custom map mp hosting options

Farcryisdead
05-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Please ubisoft could you do a copy and paste (or be as close to it) of the custom map multiplayer hosting options found in console versions of Far cry 2. the best thing to do is for the devs to boot up a copy of far cry 2 on xbox 360 or ps3 and look at how hosting custom maps in multiplayer is set up in fc2. this is the most wanted set of options the map making community has ever wanted. you guys still have 9 months so maybe you could think about it.

UBISOFT PLEASE TAKE NOTE

akilyoung
05-26-2017, 11:12 PM
I second this not only for myself, but every member at battlemap.net !!!! Including AW LOST SOLDIER :p

Farcryisdead
05-27-2017, 08:38 AM
Hey kyle it's been while :)

legacyzero
05-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Agreed, or even look at how Halo 5 has it set up. It's amazing! I just go under Forge and there's all the custom games right there, ready to join user made maps. I don't think you can host a playlist like that though...

usmovers_02
05-27-2017, 03:31 PM
This is NOT optional Ubisoft! The FC2 lobby system or better MUST be in the game or I won't buy it! Please let us know how the lobby system will work before release. I won't preorder until I know how it will work.

legacyzero
05-27-2017, 03:45 PM
This is NOT optional Ubisoft! The FC2 lobby system or better MUST be in the game or I won't buy it! Please let us know how the lobby system will work before release. I won't preorder until I know how it will work.
As sharp as your post is, it's totally true. Nothing is more deflating that spending a lot of time putting details into a map, making it awesome, only to not see it get noticed.

Farcryisdead
05-28-2017, 09:23 PM
Sorry to bump this thread but it needs to stay in ubisofts view.

usmovers_02
05-28-2017, 10:37 PM
Amen to that

HorTyS
05-29-2017, 03:15 AM
If UBISOFT doesn't answer us soon. Most likely its old boring house rules of Far Cry 3 lobbies like 1 map private. Meh

Or it's, you know, standard marketing practices. None of us are entitled to any revelations about modes & features. The marketing team decides the cadence of reveals as they see fit, staying silent on this feature or that does not necessarily imply it's status. Like all of us in the forum who'd like to know more about one feature or another, we just have to wait until our questions are answered through the course of the marketing roll-out...

usmovers_02
05-29-2017, 05:23 AM
I would imagine something like how the lobbies work aren't high on their announcement list in part because the system may not even be finished yet. With 9 months to go it's entirely reasonable to think they may find a bug that essentially ruins their current set up and they have to settle for another. No point in announcing a feature just to change it. All that would do is piss more people off.

My guess is that they will not answer this question at all though.

Farcryisdead
05-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Sorry for the bump but it needs to stay in ubisofts view. feel free to bump this thread when ever :)

usmovers_02
05-30-2017, 03:30 PM
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but they've burned me every time I have.

BattlePHILd
05-30-2017, 04:07 PM
If UBISOFT doesn't answer us soon. Most likely its old boring house rules of Far Cry 3 lobbies like 1 map private. Meh

I don't expect to hear anything about the map editor multiplayer for a long time. Right now they are 100% focused on single player, which unfortunately is the bread and butter of the franchise. Even though I do agree with the OP, I think we'd be lucky to only get the FC3 lobbies. They sucked compared to the FC2 lobbies, but better than what they gave us in FC4. And if you look at the advertised player count ("Online multiplayer- 1 to 10 players"), that pretty much describes FC4 exactly. So until I hear otherwise, I will expect the worst. Sadness.

akilyoung
05-30-2017, 10:40 PM
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst..

LGz JETHRO66
05-30-2017, 11:05 PM
Sorry for the bump but it needs to stay in ubisofts view. feel free to bump this thread when ever :)

I agree 100% on this but have a feeling the glory days are over

legacyzero
05-31-2017, 12:33 AM
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst..
I really hate how right you are about this. After FC3, and then worse, FC4- I'm just too skeptical. I have hope, but I'm more cautiously optimistic. I'd feel numb if they revealed the editor and multiplayer in a terrible shape.

usmovers_02
05-31-2017, 03:23 AM
I think the glory days are over too. I have a really bad feeling we're going to be force fed weird game modes as well with no traditional ones like Deathmatch and the like as well. Wish I could be positive but the good vibe I got when the editor was announced so quickly disappeared almost (but not quite) completely with the 5v5 MP.

truesurv1val
05-31-2017, 10:10 PM
Did i hear someone say bump ?? :)

Well had some great times hosting my maps in fc2, so will be very happy if something simular is included in the multiplayer of fc5.

Fallen-Champ
05-31-2017, 10:27 PM
I have a really bad feeling we're going to be force fed weird game modes as well with no traditional ones like Deathmatch and the like as well.

Well with the Instincts Games we got DM / TDM / CTF / Seek & Secure / Predator modes and with Far Cry 2 we got DM / TDM / CTF / Domination (called uprising) both made in Montreal. Ubi Massive Entertainment in Sweden made FC3 and Red Storm did FC4 so if Ubi Montreal are making FC5's multiplayer then I am hopeful we are in for a treat.

Farcryisdead
06-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Just another bump :)

BattlePHILd
06-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Well with the Instincts Games we got DM / TDM / CTF / Seek & Secure / Predator modes and with Far Cry 2 we got DM / TDM / CTF / Domination (called uprising) both made in Montreal. Ubi Massive Entertainment in Sweden made FC3 and Red Storm did FC4 so if Ubi Montreal are making FC5's multiplayer then I am hopeful we are in for a treat.

I was wondering about that. It makes total sense that FC4 MP was made by a different studio. As long as those bastards are no longer in the picture, I guess we do have a shot at getting something we'll actually enjoy! I feel a little better. Thanks!

TENVOL2009
06-03-2017, 04:34 PM
FC2 is still my all time favorite game although I never play it anymore, the modes were soooo great the adrenaline flow from grabbing the diamond and trying to get it back to your base was exhilarating. What I liked the best was the dedicated servers in which several tournaments were created with clans form all around the world in which I made some good friends and the tourneys were a lot of fun. I have not purchased a Ubisoft game since FC2 because of the hatchet job they did to fc3. I play mmo's mostly nowadays but keep hoping another game like fc2 will emerge someday

Farcryisdead
06-06-2017, 01:24 PM
A much needed bump

SABRETOOTH1971
06-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Hoping for good things from the editor, but not holding my breath. It does need a good hosting lobby for one, though.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
06-06-2017, 07:29 PM
I do agree, hosting a list of custom maps in Far Cry 5 is extremely important!!!

TRASH85
06-11-2017, 11:09 AM
must change map editor tools back to farcry 2 the guy who changed the editor needs his head fixed

ONE_OF_HAM
06-13-2017, 08:51 PM
Bump.

Well... it's been a long time since I felt like I should sign into my ubi account.

I've recently started lurking these forums for the first time in years after the recent Far Cry 5 reveal. As an alienated Far Cry IP to Far Cry 2 community member who hasn't touched a Far Cry game since 3, I'm oddly hopeful about Far Cry 5. I cannot say why, I've been burned thrice over now by Ubisoft, but I cannot shake the feeling that they might actually get their stuff sorted out this time around. Admittedly, I'm still apprehensive considering their track record, and I'm definitely not buying it until after it comes out and I can watch some footage of the lobby system and map editor on youtube or twitch or something, but hopeful.

They confirmed the existence of the map editor, so there's that.
Ubisoft Montreal is making multiplayer again, so there's that as well.
Creative Director Alex Hutchinson, whom all of us just loved oh so dearly, has left to form his own studio and won't be a part of Far Cry 5.

Things could potentially be ok. I'm holding my breath, and remaining hopeful for good lobbies, the return of vehicles, and at least 8v8. Map editor improvements are of course always welcome, but lets be real, the map editor is already fantastic, were all here because we want to make MULTIPLAYER maps, and as long as they give us that without a horrible lobby system (yes, I mentioned it again, that whole situation really bummed me out) were all going to be freakin' ecstatic.

*EDIT* Fingers crossed for something on the map editor and/or multiplayer to be revealed during E3.

TRASH85
06-18-2017, 04:11 AM
I heard we can finally go prone can someone confirm this......... that. would be the **** !!!!!

TRASH85
06-18-2017, 04:16 AM
what do we think about the E3 game footage?

jokerstyle83
06-18-2017, 05:46 AM
Far Cry 2 multiplayer main menu was the best of them all..., so why not listening to yours fans maybe this time. Also add vehicules and more players slot 8 vs 8 will be find... Im waiting since Far Cry 2 the game we should have but, I felt bad with Far Cry 3 main menu, Far Cry 4 facing smoke at 2 meter and bad weapons in multiplayer, Far Cry Primal Without multiplayer,.. The only thing that will not surprise me to se, will be a bad game again!

And by the way, don't limit the times of the map we want to host, a huge disapointment from Far Cry 3.
Please follow yours fans, and do the best game on hearth and without good news from your share, I will not buy this game day one.

Farcryisdead
08-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Just a little bump :)

Farcryisdead
09-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Bumped to stay in view.

Viragoxv535
09-15-2017, 09:29 AM
No need to do that. Salvenius already took notes. Now it's up to the developers.

Farcryisdead
09-15-2017, 11:58 AM
No need to do that. Salvenius already took notes. Now it's up to the developers.
im not sure if salvenius has seen this thread.

GhostWind905
09-26-2017, 09:21 PM
I'm sure the Dev's are aware by now of how much we all want a FarCry2 MP lobby system and custom map rotation lists. After all we have all been saying it since FarCry 2. I think the last 2 versions (not including primal) must have been someones experiment with different MP styles, which failed miserably. For them to not be aware of this is just inconceivable.I'm not going to jump to conclusions based on their silence on the issue, I will just be pessimistically optimistic.

akilyoung
09-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Bump.

The host needs to be able to create a lobby, with the maps of his/her choice

and the lobby needs to be PUBLICALLY viewable so ANYONE can join at any point!

And of course the host can invite friends if they are online.

Farcryisdead
09-29-2017, 09:34 AM
Just a little bump :)

Farcryisdead
10-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Bump to stay in view. i will keep bumping this over the next few months because this issue is way too important to let it fade out of view. when the devs say they are aware of this i will stop bumping :)

Viragoxv535
10-12-2017, 01:54 PM
PM(ing) Community developers would be more effective than bumping a thread in my opinion.

Fallen-Champ
10-12-2017, 03:04 PM
The Far Cry Instincts Lobbies were equally as good going back to 2005 we didn't have a map browser or ratings but it was still 16 players online, you could set the game to 4 teams of 4 and could make up a map list with 16 maps in the playlist plus it remembered the playlists so you could turn off your system and when you re-booted the playlist was still available or you could swap in and out maps.

And you could leave your system running hosting on dedicated where others would join and play and the playlist of 16 maps would run until you stopped it.
Back on the original Xbox there was no red ring of death and it was known that some would often host for a 24 hour period or longer.

Farcryisdead
10-12-2017, 03:40 PM
PM(ing) Community developers would be more effective than bumping a thread in my opinion.

PM to community devs just wont cut it imo. we dont want to look back in 6 months time and if this lobby system is missing from fc5, nobody can say we didn't ask for this fc2 style lobby system.

Viragoxv535
10-12-2017, 03:48 PM
PM to community devs just wont cut it imo.

So, what exactly is, in your opinion, the best way to best way get the message through besides a thread and private messaging a comdev?

Farcryisdead
10-12-2017, 04:40 PM
So, what exactly is, in your opinion, the best way to best way get the message through besides a thread and private messaging a comdev?

Com devs are busy people and more than likely read up to a 100 pm's a day. any pm could be missed because of the work load, thats why i dont want to just send a pm and think oh well thats that sorted.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-12-2017, 04:45 PM
I'd LOVE to see the return of playlists, so that I could make multiple map campaigns. It'd be cool to save and share playlists as well

Viragoxv535
10-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Com devs are busy people and more than likely read up to a 100 pm's a day. any pm could be missed because of the work load, thats why i dont want to just send a pm and think oh well thats that sorted.

That makes me think that you haven't even tried. That's baffling to read from someone who really seems passionate on the subject.
Bumping a thread being more powerful than a PM? Not sure.. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/shrug.gif

Fallen-Champ
10-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately Sab 4 teams of 4 was hardly ever used, I remember zee Evil1 doing it one night and we all had a lot of fun, you could even do it with 3 teams if there were not enough players - shame it wasn't popular because I really liked it.

Farcryisdead
10-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately Sab 4 teams of 4 was hardly ever used, I remember zee Evil1 doing it one night and we all had a lot of fun, you could even do it with 3 teams if there were not enough players - shame it wasn't popular because I really liked it.

Sounds like squad death match in the battlefields games.

Farcryisdead
10-15-2017, 08:20 AM
If anyone has screen captures of the fc2 console lobby menu feel free to add them.

AlexoEx0
10-17-2017, 05:56 AM
I feel the exact same, Far Cry 2 has regressed or rather has never matched the glory that was being able to player the multiplayer part of the game the same as you would in ranked/official servers (with the same modes, loadouts and importantly symetrical gameplay with both sides having access to the same choice of munitions) but on user-created maps. Who doesn't want potentially limitless content that can allow LITERALLY A BRAND NEW EXPERIENCE EVERY TIME YOU PLAY A NEW ROUND. As long as there is the community creating the quality maps and good systems to get the best and most well-made maps the spotlight as well as a good system for those maps to be voted on and played in matches then the possibilities are endless.

I will forever wait for release after release of Far Cry games to return to the ways of Far Cry 2, the ways of symetrical multiplayer (not the ways of drastically reducing the scopes for maps by removing vehicles from the multiplayer in FC3, not the ******** guns vs bows and arrows and magic in FC4. But instead, a properly fleshed out system to get the most well made maps by the community easily exposed to people in public lobbies (that could have been much improved from FC2) and the return of large maps with various vehicles and choice of weaponary that we havent seen in what feels like a decade. I hope FC5 can finally deliver that.

Farcryisdead
10-29-2017, 10:07 AM
Bump.

AlexoEx0
11-01-2017, 06:03 AM
Yeah it's a shame the dev's think that. FC2 is the best experience I have ever had in terms of multiplayer because of how fresh every single map felt. It's a shame we might never see that same experience in the far cry series as I am fully aware that community made maps is never going to make $$$ for the publishers but I am at least glad there are still those out there looking for a similar return to custom made multiplayer maps and match making in a AAA FPS game.

Farcryisdead
11-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Yeah it's a shame the dev's think that. FC2 is the best experience I have ever had in terms of multiplayer because of how fresh every single map felt. It's a shame we might never see that same experience in the far cry series as I am fully aware that community made maps is never going to make $$$ for the publishers but I am at least glad there are still those out there looking for a similar return to custom made multiplayer maps and match making in a AAA FPS game.

Fingers crossed we get the fc2 lobby system :)

VnR-Popey
11-05-2017, 06:36 AM
I quote : "akilyoung"

Bump. Like FC2

The host needs to be able to create a lobby, with the maps of his/her choice

and the lobby needs to be PUBLICALLY viewable so ANYONE can join at any point!

And of course the host can invite friends if they are online.

Please UBISOFT = listen to your players !!

Farcryisdead
11-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Bump, because this is way too important to let it fade away. i think the chances of us getting a fc2 style hosting system are about 30% im hoping this thread will push it to 100%.

VnR-Popey
11-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Hello,

I created a post on the FR version of this forum in order to widen the impact of this one

https://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread.php/179666-FAR-CRY-5-%C3%A0-besoin-d-un-system-d-hotes-comme-FAR-CRY-2

Here is the translation

Hello UBISOFT,

All about you for your work, you contribute to a high quality video experience with FAR CRY series

I hope this message is posted on the English forum of FAR CRY 5:

I am an indisputable fan of the map editor, but since the series to the direct consequence of a bad strategy regarding the multiplayer. we deeply regret the FC2 system that was so much talked about at the time.

- for example; The possibility that the host is able to create a lobby, with personalized cards of his choice
and that it is visible in a server list so that everyone can connect at any time!

- 8 to 8 parts of vehicles and other motorized vehicles.

- And of course, that the host is inviting friends are online.

I often ask myself this question:

By simple deduction if you have a system that works (FC2) why change it? (it is obvious that this issue and more complex goal ...)
The FAR CRY map editor is an importing asset because it adds an infinite dimension to the multiplayer.

Thank you for paying attention to this post
In the hope that this is a small chance to get back to the developers
UBISOFT PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS

Farcryisdead
11-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Hello,

I created a post on the FR version of this forum in order to widen the impact of this one

https://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread.php/179666-FAR-CRY-5-%C3%A0-besoin-d-un-system-d-hotes-comme-FAR-CRY-2

Here is the translation

Hello UBISOFT,

All about you for your work, you contribute to a high quality video experience with FAR CRY series

I hope this message is posted on the English forum of FAR CRY 5:

I am an indisputable fan of the map editor, but since the series to the direct consequence of a bad strategy regarding the multiplayer. we deeply regret the FC2 system that was so much talked about at the time.

- for example; The possibility that the host is able to create a lobby, with personalized cards of his choice
and that it is visible in a server list so that everyone can connect at any time!

- 8 to 8 parts of vehicles and other motorized vehicles.

- And of course, that the host is inviting friends are online.

I often ask myself this question:

By simple deduction if you have a system that works (FC2) why change it? (it is obvious that this issue and more complex goal ...)
The FAR CRY map editor is an importing asset because it adds an infinite dimension to the multiplayer.

Thank you for paying attention to this post
In the hope that this is a small chance to get back to the developers
UBISOFT PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS

Farcryisdead
12-11-2017, 10:13 AM
bump

Farcryisdead
12-18-2017, 09:58 AM
It's a bit odd that no ubi com dev or rep has left a comment on this thread, ive got a feeling i will still be bumping this thread even after far cry 5 releases. i dont think we will get a fc2 style lobby in far cry 5, i think will get something like the fc3 hosting system, only time will tell.

Farcryisdead
12-31-2017, 04:03 PM
Bump.

AlexoEx0
01-01-2018, 05:39 AM
I hope they just do it. It won't make them money like microtransactions would but I hope they just give us what we want this time.

I check back the bookmarked forum link every week or two in hopes of an update. I hope we get news soon now it's 2018.

jokerstyle83
01-09-2018, 07:52 AM
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/0.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/0.png.html)
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/1.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/1.png.html)
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/2.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/2.png.html)
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/3.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/3.png.html)

I want Far Cry 5 lobby system exactly like Far Cry 2 one and all the same options without to forget to add more players slot for pvp up to 16 players, not up to only 12 Please! Amen!

Farcryisdead
01-09-2018, 10:21 AM
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/0.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/0.png.html)
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/1.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/1.png.html)
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/2.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/2.png.html)
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y330/jokerstyle83/3.png (http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/jokerstyle83/media/3.png.html)

I want Far Cry 5 lobby system exactly like Far Cry 2 one and all the same options without to forget to add more players slot for pvp up to 16 players, not up to only 12 Please! Amen!

Awesome :) thanks for pictures.

usmovers_02
01-12-2018, 05:02 AM
It's a bit odd that no ubi com dev or rep has left a comment on this thread, ive got a feeling i will still be bumping this thread even after far cry 5 releases. i dont think we will get a fc2 style lobby in far cry 5, i think will get something like the fc3 hosting system, only time will tell.

The FC3 system could have worked if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by kicking all players after each map and not allowing a host to set a rotation. Matchmaking could be great for FC as long as you can also see a list of all lobbies

Imaganos
01-12-2018, 11:14 PM
They will not respond, never have never will after FC2 - lets just roll our eyes and shake our heads at their decisions, hey remember when you were not supposed to play with a mike because a developer on FC3 never used one when he played?? you could spend hours when FC3 map editor then you could not publish it to play with friends? Why not go back to the ways of FC2 ? IT'S GONE!

Farcryisdead
01-14-2018, 09:41 PM
I dont think we will see a fc2 lobby system in fc5, but we must keep pushing for it.

catch22rf
01-15-2018, 11:46 PM
OMG i'm back!!!

I'm an old school FC 2 player. I played a TON of the escape maps, race maps, etc. Some of you may remember my username. I remember you AW lost soldier.

So, that was back in 2012, its 2018 now...boy have times changed..but you know what hasnt changed? I'm still faithfully waiting for a Far Cry map editor WITH PUBLIC LOBBY / HOSTING system similar to far cry 2.

I think that we may get it. Look at how games are progressing in the market now...there is a bigger push for user created content, different game modes etc. Hell, PUBG is a massively popular game and this was a mod of a different game.

I really hope we get public lobbies :)

Farcryisdead
01-16-2018, 10:15 AM
OMG i'm back!!!

I'm an old school FC 2 player. I played a TON of the escape maps, race maps, etc. Some of you may remember my username. I remember you AW lost soldier.

So, that was back in 2012, its 2018 now...boy have times changed..but you know what hasnt changed? I'm still faithfully waiting for a Far Cry map editor WITH PUBLIC LOBBY / HOSTING system similar to far cry 2.

I think that we may get it. Look at how games are progressing in the market now...there is a bigger push for user created content, different game modes etc. Hell, PUBG is a massively popular game and this was a mod of a different game.

I really hope we get public lobbies :)

Hey :) those were the good old days. im still hoping far cry 2 will become backwards compatible on xb1. if you are still on xbox you are welcome to join my xbox club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB.

DapperHayden007
01-17-2018, 04:45 AM
Hey :) those were the good old days. im still hoping far cry 2 will become backwards compatible on xb1. if you are still on xbox you are welcome to join my xbox club FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB.

Your wish has been granted, its backwards compatible as of yesterday :)

Farcryisdead
01-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Your wish has been granted, its backwards compatible as of yesterday :)

I was hosting a dedicated server yesterday tdm. had about 8 or 9 players for a while. maps have better framerates on xbox one.

Viragoxv535
01-19-2018, 02:42 PM
I don't think that the MP servers for Far Cry 2 will be back too. right?

Farcryisdead
01-19-2018, 02:47 PM
I don't think that the MP servers for Far Cry 2 will be back too. right?

All working with far cry 2 backwards compatibility, map browser, multiplayer, all up and running with better framerates.

Viragoxv535
01-19-2018, 02:59 PM
All working with far cry 2 backwards compatibility, map browser, multiplayer, all up and running with better framerates.

Nice

Farcryisdead
01-19-2018, 03:47 PM
AW LOST SOLDIER did you have a full room other day? I just joined just as you left. That map looked cool. I thought about making a map. But if lobbies kinda dead. Then its pointless.

Yes it was full at one point, it all depends how many people are hosting matches, the more matches the more people are spread out. i will be hosting a dedicated server every night from 9pm to 9am uk time. people can play on my server when im sleeping :)

ImGonaG3tUsucka
01-22-2018, 09:40 PM
I touch on the benefits of the lobby system for editors and players in Far cry 2. I think the fans of all the Far Cry games would prefer the lobby system of Far cry 2. Though I was a bigger fan of Far Cry instincts Predator because of Steal the sample game mode. I eventually started playing more Far cry 2 and enjoying the maps made in that game. I included link in the video description to help FCIP become backwards compatible with Xbox one. It would definitely benefit Ubisoft to include a system similar to Far cry 2 in Far cry 5 as is shown in the video!
https://youtu.be/oR4tzHbBz1E

Farcryisdead
01-23-2018, 10:01 AM
I touch on the benefits of the lobby system for editors and players in Far cry 2. I think the fans of all the Far Cry games would prefer the lobby system of Far cry 2. Though I was a bigger fan of Far Cry instincts Predator because of Steal the sample game mode. I eventually started playing more Far cry 2 and enjoying the maps made in that game. I included link in the video description to help FCIP become backwards compatible with Xbox one. It would definitely benefit Ubisoft to include a system similar to Far cry 2 in Far cry 5 as is shown in the video!
https://youtu.be/oR4tzHbBz1E

Thanks for posting the video :)

AlexoEx0
02-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Bump, this feature is too important to be forgotten.

Farcryisdead
02-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Bump.

Farcryisdead
04-15-2018, 05:36 PM
I did try my best will this thread to get a fc2 lobby system for us in the months before fc5 released.

Ol Barakus
04-16-2018, 06:08 AM
Nice try LS, i think its beating a deadhorse by now. Gone are the good ol days :(

RreuH
05-12-2018, 08:25 PM
I wonder why there is no way to host your own multiplayer map.
This way hours of work in the editor wil be to waste since you can't even test your own map with other players.
They added a private lobby recently but you can only play with friends there.
That really doesn't work becouse i only have a couple of friends playing Far Cry 5 and i never managed to get them together for a test round.
I am so bummed over this.

Farcryisdead
05-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Nice to see my old post still going.

rioseven
05-13-2018, 01:00 AM
As sharp as your post is, it's totally true. Nothing is more deflating that spending a lot of time putting details into a map, making it awesome, only to not see it get noticed.

Too true.

ultranew_b
05-13-2018, 11:44 AM
This would be great to have. I wasn't familiar with the FC2 hosting system until this thread. Fingers crossed this gets implemented!

Farcryisdead
05-13-2018, 12:19 PM
This would be great to have. I wasn't familiar with the FC2 hosting system until this thread. Fingers crossed this gets implemented!

Fingers crossed we get the fc2 lobby system sometime over the next few months because this community is doomed without it.

rioseven
05-13-2018, 12:54 PM
I feel like I am in a Mandela Effect where there is only me remembers the FC2 lobby system.

Thank GOD for you guys!

realbkg420666
05-14-2018, 03:12 AM
Indeed at least I'm not the only one saying this. But I have been saying that since fc3. The lobby system is fc2 is better than any lobby system I know of for anygame

Farcryisdead
05-14-2018, 09:30 AM
The fc2 lobby system was the reason the fc mapping community got so big, it was the foundation that held it all together, then fc3 came out and ripped that foundation out, then the structure of the community started to crumble, it got worse with each far cry that followed, ubisoft needs to build that foundation again and start to build this community back to where it was. the only way to get there is putting a fc2 style lobby system in fc5, theres no other way to do it sorry. ubisoft made big mistakes, but they can repair this community.

rioseven
05-14-2018, 11:22 AM
Indeed at least I'm not the only one saying this. But I have been saying that since fc3. The lobby system is fc2 is better than any lobby system I know of for anygame

I think its a taken that the FC2 lobby system was best. The whole gaming world thinks this too. Its a shame the devs at Ubi don't agree with the majority.

Farcryisdead
05-25-2018, 09:33 AM
All they had to do was add these features and things would be so different, what a waste. we give it our best shot but they ignored us.

IDF777
05-25-2018, 09:38 AM
Hey forget about Arcade. UBI is businnes company, his interst is profit. Last year UBI eran about 100 miljon profit. With tis pach update UBI send a message, that
UBI is not interested to make Arcade multy better!. Now UBI first interest is sell as many as possible DLC and then start tomake FC6.
UBI is not gear about this forum, UBI represantives no give any serious answers there……...

Dougie_Faith
05-25-2018, 01:44 PM
For the life of me, can someone EXPLAIN why FC2 lobby system was so great? A REAL breakdown? Matchmaking? How many in a room/lobby? Minimum? Was it always multiplayer? Can users "vote" on maps?

- I think some people here are in "panic" mode. We asked for MORE time for picking, and hey! they gave it too us! If we don't get a "patch" or something within a month, then map creators will have to just adjust.

- (I'm sure they use data/analytics) that not all of "created" maps were getting picked/voted and probably notice that "being a map picker" became exhausting.

I think the "map picker" was a good idea but I don't think enough people were "picking". And sometimes as a map creator, your map gets out voted by either another created map or featured. Being out voted by another map creator FEELS worse, especially since you played 45 minutes just to be a "map picker"

- So what is UBISOFT facing?

There are 3 certain players :

A :The players that enjoy PvP and are NON Map Creators (or don't bother to make mainstream style maps)
B : The players that enjoy Pvp and are Map Creators (and enjoy playing other maps)
C: The players that enjoy PvP and are Map Creators (but 9/10 only want to play their OWN created maps)

The Problem is figuring out how to get all these PLAYERS continuously happy.

The reality is that map creators want their map to be a FEATURE. When a map is featured, then UBISOFT puts a "stamp" on it, and then players will VOTE on it, because they'll think its a decent map. And how does UBISOFT obtain a "decent" map? It's through their VOTING feature.

Now that we covered that, how did UBISOFT try to engage the NEW MAP/VOTING system? That's the Arcade Hero and I think that's the FOCUS.

In the music world, A&R peeps just don't magically pick a song/artist out of thin air. They use blogs,streaming services, social media to gather up enough information if the artist is worthy to be signed.

Look at Arcade Hero as one of these blogs, but instead of 1-2 new artists to check out... it becomes somewhat of a YouTube/Soundcloud platform with NO marketing put together. It's basically a TOTAL MESS.

If UBISOFT can create a better way to MARKET the maps we create, then it will have a better chance of being FEATURED. and that's the real goal as a map creator. Also, I think if you give the map creator a HIGHER rate of playing the map you created, then that's a good start too.

My IDEA? --- revamp ARCADE HERO where it's NOT RANDOM. Make it where Players have continued "SQUADS/TEAMS".. meaning that you'll be connected with a team first and then be MATCHED vs TEAMS/SQUADS. Each person on a team (max 6) POSTS a MAP (if they desire. You are either on the HOSTING side or the non-hosting side. HOSTING teams will have their 6 MAPS (1 from each TEAM/SQUAD. Then the VOTING continues with everyone.

But what's different is that each player part of a team will have their MAP picked EACH TIME they are a team HOST. Which can be every other, etc... THE idea is to have a higher chance of your map being PICKED and PLAYED by random users.

Farcryisdead
07-04-2018, 03:37 PM
The day is here, fc5 update 8 brings us VERY close the the fc2 style hosting AWESOME NEWS. we just have to wait until tomorrow to see the match hosting options. a dream come true for mappers.