PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Far Cry 5 features and Map Editor!

Steve64b
05-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Just figure I make people aware of this in its own thread, as there have been no details on this feature. Taken from this source (https://raru.co.za/video-games/news/4226-far-cry-5-ps4-xbox-one-standard-and-gold-editions-now-on-pre-order-due-27-february-2018). *edit*, Ubisoft now also confirmed it (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676682-Far-Cry-5-Key-Game-Features).

Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.

Welcome to Hope County, Montana. This idyllic place is home to a community of freedom-loving people - and a fanatical doomsday cult known as The Project at Edenís Gate. Led by the charismatic prophet Joseph Seed and his devoted siblings Ė The Heralds - Edenís Gate has been quietly infiltrating every aspect of daily life in this once-quiet town. When your arrival incites the cult to violently seize control of the region, you must rise up and spark the fires of resistance to liberate a besieged community.

Freely explore Hope Countyís rivers, lands, and skies with the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a thrilling world that hits back with every punch, and where the places you discover and the locals you ally with will shape your story in ways youíll never see coming.

Features:

SPARK THE FIRES OF RESISTANCE AGAINST A FANATIC CULT

Stranded in hostile territory, find strength in the community around you to lead a resistance against a cult taking over Hope County, Montana.

1-- Meet a lot of memorable characters including Mary May, local saloon owner; Nick Rye, family man and plane enthusiast; and Pastor Jerome, a preacher whose flock has been led astray.
2-- Meet a huge cast of memorable characters including Mary May, local saloon owner; Nick Rye, family man and plane enthusiast; and Pastor Jerome, a preacher whose flock has been led astray.
Recruit Guns for Hire and leverage the special skills of up to 3 at a time to turn the tables on The Project at Edenís Gate.
Command specialized Fangs For Hire, animals you can control to support any playstyle.
Ally with a Friend For Hire to take down the cult in a two-player co-op experience that extends across the full campaign.

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH

The freedom to go in any direction Ė you decide the when, the where, and the how.
From the moment you enter Hope County you have the freedom to tackle the world in any order you choose.
For the first time in Far Cry, you are the hero of the story Ė choose your own avatar and customize your character.
Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the Map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!

A WORLD THAT EVOLVES

Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.
The Resistance Meter evolves the world in meaningful ways as you progress; every action you take moves your story forward.
Disrupt the cultís doomsday preparations to draw The Heralds into epic showdowns in the open world.
Your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities arise from the chaos.

DYNAMIC TOYS

Tear up the countryside in iconic American vehicles you can make your own; from muscle cars to big rigs, from ATVs to tractors.
Commandeer a plane to engage cult forces in an epic aerial dogfight or bombing run.
Discover the natural riches of the Montana wilderness as you hunt, fish, and explore every inch.

Nic727
05-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Two things...

1. Couch coop or not?

2. I really hope the map editor and multiplayer will be like in Far Cry 2, because in Far Cry 3 the editor was very bad.. PLZ add vehicles in multiplayers!

legacyzero
05-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the Map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!

HELL YEAH, Ubisoft. Thank you so much for confirming this so EARLY! <3

Now.. Lemme see it :D

https://abload.de/img/lhjhbb93wy7g.gif

Two things...

1. Couch coop or not?

2. I really hope the map editor and multiplayer will be like in Far Cry 2, because in Far Cry 3 the editor was very bad.. PLZ add vehicles in multiplayers!
Agreed. Not only is creation of maps awesome, but it's worthless if you cant share the maps adequately. I spent a week creating a map in FC3, only for it to be at the mercy of the playlist system. Only got like 42 downloads

akilyoung
05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
This LOOKS like itll be by FAR the best FC game in the series! Everything about it looks amazing and in depth!

I wanna know more about the IGE now!!!! And the MP!!!

JakeyChappers
05-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Reveal was great and I can't wait to see game play. So far everything is perfect It's just whether the game play has updated animations etc.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
05-26-2017, 03:13 PM
Fantastic news!!!. Map editor in FC5

StrayDog_RR
05-26-2017, 03:43 PM
PLZ add vehicles in multiplayers!
FC3 Dev: NO VEHICLES KILL TEAMWORK

Yet you can go COD and wipe everyone by sprinting and jumping without team assistance.

I really hope the map editor and multiplayer will be like in Far Cry 2
Yup. I agree.

BattlePHILd
05-26-2017, 04:08 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I do feel like there must be some kind of catch to where they don't let us do everything we want, but I'm gonna reserve judgement. They deserve a chance to get it right.

legacyzero
05-26-2017, 04:18 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I do feel like there must be some kind of catch to where they don't let us do everything we want, but I'm gonna reserve judgement. They deserve a chance to get it right.
For Far Cry 2,3,and 4, they barely said anything about the Editor at all. For 2, they said nothing, for 3 they said there was, but stayed mum. For 4, they confirmed it kinda, but stayed quiet about it completely until launch day.

Steve64b
05-26-2017, 04:25 PM
FC3 Dev: NO VEHICLES KILL TEAMWORK.It should be trivial for Ubisoft to make some 'custom map' setting for players that allow them to turn on/off specific archetypes in a map.A feature like this can also be used to change the difficulty level of cooperative/sp custom maps, by (dis) allowing certain weapons or ammo to spawn in that speicfic session.

legacyzero
05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Guys. Map editor. Must.. Not... Hype...

https://abload.de/img/illk6ukuon5.gif

legacyzero
05-26-2017, 04:33 PM
Let's not forget that many feature will be in Far Cry 5 also because most of us and and many many others flooded the forum, twitter with requests and thanks also to the ComDev that let our voices get through their offices.
Well.... That's not the ONLY way Ubi got feedback :)

#JustSayin

usmovers_02
05-26-2017, 05:47 PM
YESSS!! This is the first time I've been excited about a FC game since I spent 60+ hours making this: http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/25/? and then realizing I'd absolutely wasted all that time. We're not out of the water yet though but this is REALLY looking promising.

Pros:
It looks like competitive MP on custom maps is back
This is my DREAM object set. I'm hoping at least a third of what I saw in the trailer is available in the editor.
Making co-op maps (provided traditional competitive maps are possible) will be amazing

Cons/Need to know more
We still need to know if traditional game modes like death match, team death match and capture the flag will be available.
How will the lobby system work? FC2 or FC3?
Can we host map rotations?
Can we place weapons in the maps?
Can we place vehicles in MP maps and can we PLEASE place more than 6?
Will there be destructible and explosive items in the editor?

Would REALLY like to see a game mode editor as well so I can figure out a way around the inevitable class based MP. If I'm going to spend 60-100 hours building dozens of maps I want control over how it plays. That means controlling the weapons available on the map.

For me if any of these features are missing (minus weapons and class based MP which I'd like but can live without) I'll probably be continuing my personal boycott of all Ubi products. That said the way this announcement has been handled so far and the Ubisoft interaction with the community, all signs point to a great map editor I'm not going to be able to resist.

Guys. Map editor. Must.. Not... Hype...

https://abload.de/img/illk6ukuon5.gif

This is exactly how I feel lol. I know better than to get excited. They'll almost certainly botch something that's REALLY important but I just can't help but be super freaking hyped.

AW LOST SOLDIER
05-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Now the long wait begins.

LaMOi
05-26-2017, 08:22 PM
The fact that the map editor is back is fantastic news...

That's worth the retail price alone. Spent more time on that than I did FC4

Seamount4Life
05-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Great news so far about the Map Editor not only being in the game, but looking like it is also for competitive multiplayer. I am also trying to curb my enthusiasm because UBI tends to be more of a heartbreaker when it comes to FC games.

I am HOPEFUL that FC5 is the game where everything finally comes together. FC2, FC3, FC4 all did great things with multiplayer/IGE but had missing pieces (Pieces that were in the other games which is so weird to me).

Mathias338
05-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Let's not forget that many feature will be in Far Cry 5 also because most of us and and many many others flooded the forum, twitter with requests and thanks also to the ComDev that let our voices get through their offices.

Ha, thanks Viragoxv :)
Really nice to read after a long day of work.

More seriously, we still have plenty of things to announce and can't wait to see / read your feedback re: map editor and the game's features.

Still, keep the feedback & suggestions coming, we do read it!

Seamount4Life
05-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Can't wait! I hope this has the best of Multiplayer/IGE from FC1, FC2, FC3, and FC4 all put into one!

AW LOST SOLDIER
05-26-2017, 09:05 PM
My mind has started to obsess about creating new custom maps. im getting scenes/themes all floating about in my head. it's great to have these feelings back :) roll on feb 2018 a time machine is needed.

usmovers_02
05-26-2017, 09:24 PM
My mind has started to obsess about creating new custom maps. im getting scenes/themes all floating about in my head. it's great to have these feelings back :) roll on feb 2018 a time machine is needed.

Mine too. The sooner they can ease my fears about the lobby system, online game modes and map editor features the better.

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 09:28 PM
My mind has started to obsess about creating new custom maps.

Did you upgrade to XB1 / PS4 or PC ?

AW LOST SOLDIER
05-26-2017, 09:38 PM
did you upgrade to xb1 / ps4 or pc ?

xb1

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 09:42 PM
Ok Thanks

AW LOST SOLDIER
05-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Ok Thanks

will pick up a scorpio at some point.

truesurv1val
05-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Yes!!!, and it seems that we get coop and pvp. Coz in the key feature thread it says, Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the map editor, to enjoy with or against your Friends!

angstik
05-26-2017, 10:59 PM
Ok so....

. Animals to train and control against humans?
. Evolving world that does provide probably awesome moments?
. Possibility to go fishing?
. Skills and customization?

I'm almost sold. Well, in fact sure I am already but I surely would have loved to see these 2 elements:

. More concerning the ennemy leaders (the "bosses" we'll encounter).
. A nod at Hurk/Willis/any recurring character.

eccool24
05-27-2017, 03:01 AM
I know buddy. I hope that "in-game physical map like FC2" request has got their attention during these years..

I hope those were ignored, because I want it like 3 and onwards.

usmovers_02
05-27-2017, 03:20 PM
So what you'd rather they release the game early and buggy? Releasing the game when it's finished isn't a "move". They can't have it done by fall so they're not releasing it this fall. They sure as heck weren't thinking "you know what? I'll bet missing the holiday season will be GREAT for sales!"

Please take your time Ubi and please get it right. And while I don't WANT the game delayed if you have to do it the do it!

usmovers_02
05-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Red Dead Redemption 2 (aka Red Dead 3. I hate modern naming conventions. Tomb Raider... Doom... Prey...) has been delayed until spring. This game will beat it likely by several months by current announced dates. Also Red Dead doesn't have the strength as a franchise that GTA does. Not even close actually. Red Dead sold about 6 million per console. GTA V sold 20 million per console. Far Cry is a growing brand and can probably compete decently in a close release to Red Dead.

usmovers_02
05-27-2017, 04:11 PM
While I agree that the combined/overall quality of the game went down sales charts show steady growth. Sales according to VGChartz across all systems:

Far Cry 1: 0.05 Million
Far Cry Instincts/Predator/Evolution: 0.89
FC2: 3.46
FC3: 7.33
FC4: 8.67

Redbear1236
05-31-2017, 11:24 PM
I really hope the Far Cry 5 Map Editor allows the player to place the main bad guy AI. In Far Cry 4 they did it with Pagan Min and I hope they do it with Joseph Seed in Far Cry 5 Map Editor.

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 01:21 AM
xb1

We'll have to send each other FRs at some point

Actually Far Cry franchise regressed after Far Cry 2. UBISOFT killed off the map making community. All Far Cry had going recently is the story mode.

Regressed from maybe a map making standpoint, definitely not a sales one, which is what dictates sequels....

We all have our own ideas for a better Far Cry but it's the market who ultimately decides its path.

And when analytic data shows only a small percentage of user engagement for certain features, they're de-prioritized in future installments....

legacyzero
06-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Regressed from maybe a map making standpoint, definitely not a sales one, which is what dictates sequels.....
All those people that dont realize that they have such a fun and innovative tool at their disposal, because it isn't broadcasted enough. Halo 5 features actual user made maps from Forge regularly in their playlists, and searching for custom servers with people running games is so easy. I really hope they looked at Halo 5.

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Ok so....

. Animals to train and control against humans?
. Evolving world that does provide probably awesome moments?
. Possibility to go fishing?
. Skills and customization?

I'm almost sold. Well, in fact sure I am already but I surely would have loved to see these 2 elements:

. More concerning the ennemy leaders (the "bosses" we'll encounter).
. A nod at Hurk/Willis/any recurring character.

How could we NOD see Hurk in this...its only the most befitting location EVER for him!

Um hurk is a hillbilly, and would fit right in montana. If he wasnt so damn annoying, especially after primal (omgggggg) I would say he should be one of the main characters, but he is so hard to take seriously.

Will he be one of the cops that gets killed early on? One of your team mates?

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 02:46 AM
So what you'd rather they release the game early and buggy? Releasing the game when it's finished isn't a "move". They can't have it done by fall so they're not releasing it this fall. They sure as heck weren't thinking "you know what? I'll bet missing the holiday season will be GREAT for sales!"

Please take your time Ubi and please get it right. And while I don't WANT the game delayed if you have to do it the do it!

Of course not...

But they shouldnt have announced it to release soon, only to say a couple weeks later, naw we need a lot more time.

Ubi should have KNOWN that prior to a couple weeks ago...so wtf happened between initial anouncement and now?

TRASH85
06-13-2017, 03:41 PM
So we finally get our multiplayer map editor back. Not the co-op only editor. Which is good news. Now just have to hear how many players in the multiplayer. 5vs5? 7vs7? 8vs8? Vehicles and animals in multiplayer map editor? This will be a must buy for me now. Since Red Dead Redemption 2 got delayed till 2018 Spring. So this better be out this Fall. About time they go back to their roots of Far Cry 2 map maker. When is the release date? Would of been cool if it was this summer.

come on............20v20 30v30 it would be nice to run up there with battlefeild and please fix the editor tool system fc4 editor sux fc2 perfect lobby should be the same as fc2 to.

TRASH85
06-13-2017, 03:51 PM
I hope those were ignored, because I want it like 3 and onwards.

you never played fc2 did you ?

TRASH85
07-10-2017, 01:59 AM
All those people that dont realize that they have such a fun and innovative tool at their disposal, because it isn't broadcasted enough. Halo 5 features actual user made maps from Forge regularly in their playlists, and searching for custom servers with people running games is so easy. I really hope they looked at Halo 5.

look man i like the way you take it on the chin for the community your maps are great your commintary awesome but i gotta know how can you compare fc's map editor to halo forge? there no other editor (that i know of ) thats ground up like fc . I'm probably offf comin like a hortys but i gotta say man apples to light balbs no comparison