View Full Version : Buff Kensei

Arkhos1988
05-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Why?
Play duell with him
Enough said

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 10:44 AM
I half agree. His power relies too heavily on guard breaking and parrying. His offense otherwise is overly predictable, and feinting out of heavies doesn't even help your predictability in most cases, whether a hard or soft cancel. They want to get rid of turtle meta, but leave characters in their state of turtleing out of necessity. On the other hand he is very strong when you can guard break unpredictably as you can go into a side heavy, top unblockable --> can soft cancel into side heavy, or hard cancel into another guard break side heavy and into unblockable again. That's where his unpredictability really shines, but about the only time it's even there.

XxHunterHxX
05-26-2017, 11:32 AM
You must be jk...kensei is one of the best caracters in the game he has a long rage and a **** tone of dmg....

Arkhos1988
05-26-2017, 11:44 AM
The dmg is the nonly thig he has, but that doesnt help against tanky classes and you can barely deal it in 1v1 couse you get blocked and recked. His range is good yes, but he has n9o move to whiden the gap and he is slow. So as i said play him 1v1 then talk

Herbstlicht
05-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Kensei needs love. Everyone who plays him knows that. But so do need others that have no safe openers as well. Kensei is simply the most telegraphed and easy to read hero that is punishable on a hella lot of actions he does. The only ones having trouble with him are those encountering him in bigger game modes. Kensei adding into a fight hurts, parrying those heavys is way harder when he isn't your only opponent. But in a 1on1 situation .. oh poor Kensei.

kweassa1917
05-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Kensei needs love. Everyone who plays him knows that. But so do need others that have no safe openers as well. Kensei is simply the most telegraphed and easy to read hero that is punishable on a hella lot of actions he does. The only ones having trouble with him are those encountering him in bigger game modes. Kensei adding into a fight hurts, parrying those heavys is way harder when he isn't your only opponent. But in a 1on1 situation .. oh poor Kensei.

Hear, hear.

Good call.

DrinkinMyStella
05-26-2017, 01:24 PM
You must be jk...kensei is one of the best caracters in the game he has a long rage and a **** tone of dmg....

you must be a troll? yes he has range and high damage if he can actually land a hit. high level plays he is useless, im a rep 5 kensei and he doesn't have one opening move, and his overall move-set is extremely basic, his lights slow, his heavies super slow. the oly thing he can do is dodge and follow up with side attacks his helm splitter is fast but low damage.

Kitsune..
05-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Why?
Play duell with him
Enough said

Roman said they'll give Kensei and the other Samurai heroes some love before the antiturtle patch, it might be pretty soon I guess.
I'm trying not to raise my hopes high, we'll probably get some speed boost, maybe SS safe on block or something like that. Don't want to hope for something more in order not to get disappointed. Still I would really appreciate smootheness improvement on side heavy cancel into top light/opposite side light, lights feel to have delays here.