PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for punishing quitters

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Firstly I would like to say that you are not fixing the root of the problem by punishing someone who quits. Rather than punish the quietter, REWARD THE PLAYER THAT STAYED. Everyone is happy. If I decide to quit because of what ever reason, whether something urgent came up (the only reason I personally quit), the other player is playing "toxically" as many would say making the game unfun, and all the other general consesnsus complaints as to why people quit, I loose nothing but the experience I could have gained. Now the person that stayed looses everything as well, give the person who got quit on their rewards they WOULD have gotten so they get something for having to now connect to a new player and take that time to duel them that they had already invested with no reward. Now those who are sick of rage quitters now are able to get what they want, the xp, and those who rage quit because of "toxic" players or what ever reason they quit gain nothing but as always lose the opportunity for free xp for hanging in there until the end. Problem neutralized, drama avoided. What do you all think?

Dude_of_Valor
05-26-2017, 10:15 AM
I do like the idea of rewarding those that stay however overall I feel people generally want to just duke it out in a fight, and not gain rewards. For me the best experience comes from fighting others online, not the rewards at the end.

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 10:28 AM
I do like the idea of rewarding those that stay however overall I feel people generally want to just duke it out in a fight, and not gain rewards. For me the best experience comes from fighting others online, not the rewards at the end.

Personally I agree, I'm just going with what I am seeing everyone complain about. Personally I am a very honorable fighter, at least in duels. I never use the surroundings on purpose, I always say good fight and thank them afterwords for the good duels with a little message. That is what makes the game to me, pitting skill to skill, however I do enjoy also leveling up my already far behind characters. I don't get to play often due to work and family, so I see why some may be upset about people quitting after finally getting into a match and halfway through a duel. Adversely I also can feel the annoyance of those who quit. I have a little girl, and sometimes situations arise where I just have to go cause only god knows what she is getting into, it would be disappointing to have to leave, for what ever reason, and be punished because "life happens". I quit for different reasons than most people, but still the feeling is mutual in this particular area.

S0Mi_xD
05-26-2017, 11:06 AM
And here noone will blame you. But at first we need to see how the Penalty will Look like.

Like i am stated in another thread, in 1v1 and 2v2 we NEED a chance to quit the Game in the First round without penalty if WE are against a toxic Person/ troll, who wenn already know from a Fight befor.

But in 4v4 many people quote already in the loading screen when they See the Gear Score or the Rep.
Also lets assume the Penalty is:

First time leaving = can't join a Match for 5 min, those 5 min will not Hurt you, if you leave because of a real reason, Like going to eat or Familiy, even if you Go to the Toilette. Those 5 min will be over easy

Second quit(in a timeperiod of 20 min): + 5 min, Life happened again, so those 5 more min won't Hurt you aswell

Third ragequit (in 20 min) you will be marked as an Frequent quiter, Penalty doubles With every quitter Mark, One Mark stays 24 hours.

Aber normal Person will have no Problem, But a Person who quits because of everything will geht what He deserve

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Quitter penalty (in non-ranked) is the wrong way to go, I agree. But even rewarding players for staying is going the wrong way imo. What Ubi needs to do is remove the reason people rage quit in the first place. The main cause of rage is unfair matches so fix that problem. If you can't, then go into some bonus reward system for the underdog player. Let's say it's a pug vs a premade with way better gear and higher mmr, give the solo player more loot and xp (and tell them at the start that they'll get that).

Like i am stated in another thread, in 1v1 and 2v2 we NEED a chance to quit the Game in the First round without penalty if WE are against a toxic Person/ troll, who wenn already know from a Fight befor.

But in 4v4 many people quote already in the loading screen when they See the Gear Score or the Rep.

lmao. What a self serving system you've concocted.

Draghmar
05-26-2017, 11:45 AM
[...] The main cause of rage is unfair matches so fix that problem. If you can't, then go into some bonus reward system for the underdog player.[...]
I don't think it's a main reason. I think many people quit when they see that they can't defeat someone. Not because matchup was bad but just because they where loosing. You can't be paired only against opponents who will loose because it would be...I don't know...stupid? ;)

SetMySail4Fail
05-26-2017, 11:57 AM
I don't think it's a main reason. I think many people quit when they see that they can defeat someone. Not because matchup was bad but just because there where loosing. You can't be paired only against opponents who will loose because it would be...I don't know...stupid? ;)

On the other hand I've never heard someone say "Oh man what a close and intense fight, f*** this I'm out".

Herbstlicht
05-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Give them crybabies what they deserve. They want to represent some manly warriors on the battlefield but get tears in their eyes when a game doesn't work out the way they want it.
If it was for me, I'd count every of their dc's and at some points, only let them play against their kind.

Only exception of course: people that really get some network error or timeout stuff. Don't think the tech for the game is already perfect, so they need to take care not to punish innocents. But punishing the deserving is the best thing to do.
People today .. think you can ruin stuff for others because yeah - today, hardly any one retaliates.

Dude_of_Valor
05-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Personally I agree, I'm just going with what I am seeing everyone complain about. Personally I am a very honorable fighter, at least in duels. I never use the surroundings on purpose, I always say good fight and thank them afterwords for the good duels with a little message. That is what makes the game to me, pitting skill to skill, however I do enjoy also leveling up my already far behind characters. I don't get to play often due to work and family, so I see why some may be upset about people quitting after finally getting into a match and halfway through a duel. Adversely I also can feel the annoyance of those who quit. I have a little girl, and sometimes situations arise where I just have to go cause only god knows what she is getting into, it would be disappointing to have to leave, for what ever reason, and be punished because "life happens". I quit for different reasons than most people, but still the feeling is mutual in this particular area.

Very true and as a family man myself I too have had to leave due to RL stuff and appreciate stuff like this does happen.

As for those wanting to play against people of a similar standing this is spot on, but if the player base is not there then you just gotta ride the smooth with the ugly.

Sometimes I will ask for a rematch against much better players, as it gives me an insight into being better prepared for said class against people I am equally as skilled as. In the last 48 hours I have noticed a bigger improvement against Centurions due to facing far too many face stompers.

Mia.Nora
05-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Just a question to OP, how do you reward players who stay... umm when they cant stay because the game crashed due to a ragequitter?

Ulnias
05-26-2017, 02:43 PM
And here noone will blame you. But at first we need to see how the Penalty will Look like.

Also lets assume the Penalty is:

First time leaving = can't join a Match for 5 min, those 5 min will not Hurt you, if you leave because of a real reason, Like going to eat or Familiy, even if you Go to the Toilette. Those 5 min will be over easy

Second quit(in a timeperiod of 20 min): + 5 min, Life happened again, so those 5 more min won't Hurt you aswell

Third ragequit (in 20 min) you will be marked as an Frequent quiter, Penalty doubles With every quitter Mark, One Mark stays 24 hours.

Aber normal Person will have no Problem, But a Person who quits because of everything will geht what He deserve

if you are fighting a person again after playing them the first time, with that person being "toxic" then why the hell are you playing them again? find anothe rperson after the first match. problem solved.

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Just a question to OP, how do you reward players who stay... umm when they cant stay because the game crashed due to a ragequitter?

Honestly they should focus on a way to understand connectivity failure versus straight quitting, and give the reward you would have gotten if you had completed the game whether connection problem or an opponent quitting.

Kitsune..
05-26-2017, 03:49 PM
If it was for me, I'd count every of their dc's and at some points, only let them play against their kind.

Awesome idea, also I would really like to have those points visible via some sort of an icon or the like.

Supercool5150
05-26-2017, 07:00 PM

Yes that's the real issue. Buit if it wasn't how about this...There is a pool of experience and steel to be divided among 4 people. If a person quits, that pool is divided among 3 and so on as people quit. One person could get 4x the steel and exp. Now on the flip side of that you would have people power leveling with the help of others by having them quit on purpose. But I'm sure there is a way to make it work.