PDA

View Full Version : Don't just nerf Shinobis

Minecrafter436
05-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Get rid of them and admit your mistake.

If I wanted to play against a cartoon like spamming spiderman I'd play a different game.

When two not even rep 1 shinobi's can constantly sandbag a rep20+ player to the point they can't even move you know the game is irrevocably broken.

Add into that a couple of centurions, and why even bother playing.

They are like a bad joke, that's brought a few laughs, but now it's time to scap it.

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 10:19 AM
I half agree. I just played a game against 3 shinobis. Once I engaged one the others double sprinted over. There is only so many long ranged, can only see one coming from this vantage point, fully charge heavy attacks I can deal with, even being a rather skilled character with my main. Even with the utmost coordination between my teammates, 2 of which are ridiculously skilled, they would all 3 at a distance single out each of us and crush us with their little rep 1 narrutos and even when we finally grouped up in our little group of 4. One would come in with a kick, the others spamming long ranged attacks. They were untouchable. I'd be ok with them if they nerfed the run, make the kick more dodgable, and just like any other teammate in many cases, made the attack bounce off while the character is already being engaged, at least at far distances. Being hit while already engaged from long distance is nonsense rubbish. You can't see it or time it except with your already cluttered guard symbol. It's at least doable with characters ganging up on you at close range, cause there is some start up timing visible and therefor some space to plan a reaction. This long range ganking is simply an obomination to team play. Rant over, sorry.

slasht14
05-26-2017, 10:33 AM
get rid of them and admit your mistake.

If i wanted to play against a cartoon like spamming spiderman i'd play a different game.

When two not even rep 1 shinobi's can constantly sandbag a rep20+ player to the point they can't even move you know the game is irrevocably broken.

They are like a bad joke, that's brought a few laughs, but now it's time to scap it.

that!!!

Arkhos1988
05-26-2017, 10:34 AM
But shinobi and centurio sell seasonpasses so they wont be nervd till season 3

Nestramutat
05-26-2017, 10:41 AM
The kama pansy is out of place in this game.

While the centurion is brutal, easy flowing and pure manly, the girly ninja is pure annoyance. Caters to a certain type of players, I think :P

ninjacut
05-26-2017, 10:52 AM
Oh the salt...just wait a few weeks until the hype is worn off, then there will be less shins and cents, also the devs will have gathered enough data to work the both of them out and balance them. They already know these issues and are going to do something about them. But remove them or at least one of them would be wrong in so many levels, aside from a harsh action aganist the ones that main them also in the future.

But asure you, both of the heroes have their weaknesses. Once you get them out, even two of them are manageable. They just are new...give them a little time and they will be balanced.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Caters to a certain type of players, I think :P

Says the guy who considers cc spam and cheese "manly".

ELDRIX_
05-26-2017, 11:22 AM
i just want them to make the kick a bit slower so i can actually react to it
i practiced dodging it with a friend but i can' seem to react to the orange color it's just impossible for me

i can only dodge if i know it's coming

Ulnias
05-26-2017, 03:23 PM
i just want them to make the kick a bit slower so i can actually react to it
i practiced dodging it with a friend but i can' seem to react to the orange color it's just impossible for me

i can only dodge if i know it's coming

as a cent main... i dont want you to know the kick is coming( not that i use ti often, pretty rarely actually) just gotta keep working on it. and as I cent main, when I fight naother cent and they hit me first. im letting go of my target tracking and dodge rolling. because I know whats going to heppen, im gonna punish that *** for letting me get a good hit in xD

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Season 3 will bring us jedi knights for the... KNIGHTS faction <3

RatedChaotic
05-26-2017, 03:41 PM
When Mel Gibson drops next season you can yell "Freedom" from these heroes and then start worrying about him.

Tirik22x
05-26-2017, 03:51 PM

If I wanted to play against a cartoon like spamming spiderman I'd play a different game.

I really hate the teleportation crap... I mean the actual animation. So cartoony

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-26-2017, 04:03 PM

--------1 not a single argument but frustration m8, and one more thing, all heroes get buff/nerf according to their stats and how they perform with time, so i mean you can make a petition or whatever, after all it all comes to charts and numbers,. My friendly advice to you is to go practice room and play with your friend and try to figure out how to beat shinobi, i am sure u will make it eventually. And about Centurion, yes there u are right at some point, that spam chains can be frustrating especially if they are in the group, so i can understand what are you talking about.

CandleInTheDark
05-26-2017, 04:45 PM
--------1 not a single argument but frustration m8, and one more thing, all heroes get buff/nerf according to their stats and how they perform with time, so i mean you can make a petition or whatever, after all it all comes to charts and numbers,. My friendly advice to you is to go practice room and play with your friend and try to figure out how to beat shinobi, i am sure u will make it eventually. And about Centurion, yes there u are right at some point, that spam chains can be frustrating especially if they are in the group, so i can understand what are you talking about.

In terms of the centurion, Roman said they are looking at a way to stop two of them juggling you so that there is a period of time you are able to escape. They also said yes they will look at the shinobi but it isn't as easy as just changing one thing, it is all finely balanced around he is quick and can do long range but the healthpool means close range combat will kill him very quickly, if they change that then really they need to change more than one thing at once, or at least that is how I interpreted what he said on the den. In any case the devs want more time on both of them outside of stopping centurion groups from cheesing.

In terms of topic title I highly doubt they will delete him, they didn't delete the peacekeeper through three months of people demanding for them to.

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 05:50 PM
The centurion is just straight up undeniably over powered. He can LITERALLY do GUARANTEED 90+ damage if he can either kick or throw you into a wall and that's just with stock stamina, let alone buffs to stamina cost reduction. If you don't believe me there's a video on it. Hit wall, charged heavy, uncharged jab into wall, charged heavy, charged jab, pounce. I love him as a character, but this kind of exploit is not ok. From my experience, again, team fights are not even doable against a team of shinobis due to their sprint speed capability and long range. You all are complaining about centurions ganking, they aren't even bad compared to a few shinobis.

kanuzira
05-26-2017, 07:45 PM
#BoycotShinobi

frank1ller
05-26-2017, 08:23 PM
its sad that weeb culture infected our video-game ...

ugurbu
05-26-2017, 10:57 PM
The kama pansy is out of place in this game.

While the centurion is brutal, easy flowing and pure manly, the girly ninja is pure annoyance. Caters to a certain type of players, I think :P

You must be a real man's man.

Thr3shHo1d
05-27-2017, 12:46 AM

I can almost taste the salt coming from your tears..

Thr3shHo1d
05-27-2017, 12:56 AM
You're right and Centurions too, the game was better before them.

It really wasn't though. You had an overbearing amount of Wardens, Warlords, and Peacekeepers... who all have spamming abilities..

mrmistark
05-27-2017, 04:22 AM
It really wasn't though. You had an overbearing amount of Wardens, Warlords, and Peacekeepers... who all have spamming abilities..

Yes but those are much easier to deal with, and there was actually at least a healthy amount of players playing other characters. Now all anyone plays is shinobi or centurion, both with even more punishable spaming moves. As I said again, you shouldn't auto lose because you made a simple mistake like missing the counter guard break against a centurion pushing you into a wall. You shouldn't during team play get triple teamed in 2 light attacks worth of time from shinobis that we're halfway across the map due to their run ability. It defeats the purpose of team play, and is impossible to see multiple long ranged attacks coming while engaged already. I like the new characters, but you can't deny there are major changes that need to be made.

agentpoop
05-27-2017, 05:44 AM
I don't think the Shinobi alone is that bad tbh , but when grouped up in a 4 v 4 it's really irritating. The best way to fix this without screwing the character design is to do what Overwatch did and don't allow more than one of any type of character in any game mode. It'll force different matchups and prevent a bunch of Ninjas or Centurion (who is waaaayyy more overpowered) to jump you.