PDA

View Full Version : Don't you ****ing do it...

Hiro-Isamu2013
05-26-2017, 05:47 AM
Developers of ubisoft, you need to listen, as a dedicated For Honor player with five Heroes who are in the Rep levels already, I have to say that you are playing a very dangerous game with the player base. This "Punishment System" for rage quitters is a really, really bad idea. Not only does this alienate a good portion of the players who are trying to have fun and enjoy competing against each other, but you're only siding with players who have been the cause of so many rage quits in this game: Gankers.

Now granted, I'm not so fond of rage quitters myself, in fact I've had my moments where I've rage quit myself; but not because I know that the match is a lost cause. Believe it or not, if I'm losing a match, I still fight to my very utmost. Losing a match isn't the problem I have though, the problem I have is that there's people on here who make this game not even fun for a lot of players, which are the gankers, pre-mades, and toxic players: people like them who take pure joy out of making the game stressful and a complete pain to play.

My point is, you're siding with the wrong players. The gankers, pre-made, and toxic players are the ones who deserve punishment for the **** that players like me have to deal with just to try and complete side orders, or just have fun in general and compete. And to hear you say that you might implement a punishing system is not the way to go. What you need to do is to fix the matchmaking system and for the love of Christ fix the servers so that crashes are few and far between instead of trying convey false hope. You're playing a very dangerous game devs, what you're suggesting is unfair, uncool, and I'm sure a good portion of players such as myself agree when I say that the punishing system is not the way to go.

These gankers, pre-made, and toxic players are going to kill this game if you put the punishing system in place. I implore you, to resort to a better option, it's bad enough that they *****ed and complained so hard that they had "Revenge Mode" nerfed-which by the way needs to be fixed like very soon-Because it's not fun when there's only one person alive on a team and all he/she can do is just block and counter guard breaks because the opposing team doesn't believe in giving the only remaining enemy a fighting chance.

Don't do this devs, alienating players who don't like playing alongside players who crush their fun is not the solution to fixing the rage quit problem.

...You're playing with fire people...

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 05:52 AM
The gankers, pre-made, and toxic players are the ones who deserve punishment for the **** that players like me have to deal with just to try and complete side orders

Whoa Whoa Whoa hang on.

You are saying that the players that use tactics and teamwork in order to win should be the ones getting punished? And that by using teamwork and tactics they are "Crushing the fun" of the people who don't? And that those people should be totally allowed to ragequit a game where they are losing due to that fact?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xYHscQ1Np55i8/giphy.gif

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 06:06 AM
If you're in a premade and ganking on a PUG are you seriously surprised that they would quit and find a more balanced match?

Who needs an entire team to cause ragequits? That's what the stamp charge axe hump combo is for.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa hang on.

You are saying that the players that use tactics and teamwork in order to win should be the ones getting punished? And that by using teamwork and tactics they are "Crushing the fun" of the people who don't? And that those people should be totally allowed to ragequit a game where they are losing due to that fact?

I'm honestly surprised you're only just realising this. If you look at the community most players who play dominion are casual and they do it solo or as a duo. People who queue as a 4 man tryhard premade are more toxic than rage quitters.

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 06:11 AM
You lost me at punish pre mades

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:11 AM
If you're in a premade and ganking on a PUG are you seriously surprised that they would quit and find a more balanced match?

Who needs an entire team to cause ragequits? That's what the stamp charge axe hump combo is for.

1) You don't need to be in a pre-made to gank.

2) Ganking is not cheap or cheesy. Its a perfectly legitimate tactic to use in a team based game mode like Dominion.

3) Just because you are losing and are mad that you are losing does not give you the right to abandon your team and possibly cause other players to be dropped or even crash the lobby. If you wanna win every single match then take your salt to PvAI. It is by the very nature of competitive games that one team needs to lose. You don't get to just leave anytime you lose because losing hurts your precious feelings.

I'm honestly surprised you're only just realising this. If you look at the community most players who play dominion are casual and they do it solo or as a duo. People who queue as a 4 man tryhard premade are more toxic than rage quitters.

How does playing with your friends make you a Tryhard or a Toxic Player??

What world do you people live in where Teamwork in a team based mode is a bad thing?

Am I in the Twilight zone?

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 06:27 AM
When i was going through some combatives training a few years back, our instructor asked the group "who wins in a fight?" People answered the strongest guy, the fastest guy, etc. His response was "the person who's friend's show up first." This was proper military training. Personally, I've never played this game in a group. Its definitely advantageous and beneficial for that exact reason to have a group you can coordinate with. If friends playing in a group aren't supposed to team up in a fight, what's the point?

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 06:28 AM
It's funny how salty you get when you defend your premade gank squad.

Im not even saying it's a bad thing. Hell, I'd like to play in some premades with friends myself. It would be pretty fun to own the map like that.

You just have to stop being so naive in thinking everyone will stick with a match like that. You sound like a petulant child talking about how they don't have the "right" to do this or that. Give me a break.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:31 AM
It's funny how salty you get when you defend your premade gank squad.

The fact that I am having to defend teamwork and playing with friends at all is killing me slowly on the inside.

I knew the salt of losing ran deep in this community, but to actively try and say that Strategy/Teamwork and playing with friends should be punishable or should be frowned upon is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in any gaming forum in my life and I have been apart of A LOT of forums in my life so that is saying something.

The ENTIRE FRIGGING POINT of a team based game mode is Teamwork and Strategy.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 06:36 AM
So you don't think it's naive to expect a bunch of random people on the internet to stick with a lopsided match like that?

Mia.Nora
05-26-2017, 06:37 AM
The fact that I am having to defend teamwork and playing with friends at all is killing me slowly on the inside.

I knew the salt of losing ran deep in this community, but to actively try and say that Strategy/Teamwork and playing with friends should be punishable or should be frowned upon is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in any gaming forum in my life and I have been apart of A LOT of forums in my life so that is saying something.

The ENTIRE FRIGGING POINT of a team based game mode is Teamwork and Strategy.

They do have a very valid point. League of Legends does not allow premades to queue vs pugs. If you are premade, you have to face other premades. And LoL requires WAAAAY more teamwork/collaboration than this 4 man hump squads.

I am all for ragequit punishment, but also premade hardcores has to face other premade hardcores and leave pugs alone, that is also a important point. Successful games realize that and separate those queues.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:42 AM
So you don't think it's naive to expect a bunch of random people on the internet to stick with a lopsided match like that?

No I think its childish to abandon your teammates and possibly cause them to be dropped or crash the lobby just because you are throwing a hissy fit over losing. And I think its ESPECIALLY childish to try and blame that on the team that is doing well instead of blaming on the kids who can't stand losing.

Its a competitive online multiplayer game. One side is gonna lose. Thats how it works.

To sit there and throw a tantrum over the fact that YOU are the one losing and possibly cost the match for your teammates by leaving either by forcing them to play with a BOT, potentially making them drop because of host migration, and/or potentially crashing the lobby is childish, immature and should be punished.

Which it will be when the penalty system is implemented and you people will be forced to either eat the penalty (Whatever it is) or take your loss like an adult.

Aarpian
05-26-2017, 06:43 AM
The next time I need to prove a point of why Ubi shouldn't balance the game around average players, I'm going to show them this thread.

The only sensible thing you should be asking for is not matching premades with solo queuers, which again is Ubi's fault.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 06:47 AM
You seem to misunderstand. I'm trying to explain to you why people leave games, not defend it.

You expect random people who owe you nothing to play exactly how you want them to play and tell them they don't have the "right" to do this or that. You're expectations are too high.

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 06:48 AM
They do have a very valid point. League of Legends does not allow premades to queue vs pugs. If you are premade, you have to face other premades. And LoL requires WAAAAY more teamwork/collaboration than this 4 man hump squads.

I am all for ragequit punishment, but also premade hardcores has to face other premade hardcores and leave pugs alone, that is also a important point. Successful games realize that and separate those queues.
I don't know dude, i guess it makes sense if the game requires "way more team work," but everyone here has bested a premade with randoms. Its a benefit to coordinate but its not game breaking like LoL sounds like.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:48 AM

Normally I would 100% agree with you, but For Honor simply doesn't have a big enough playerbase for that. The matchmaking times on consoles are already getting a bit longer as it is. I can only imagine what its like on PC outside of peak hours.

Separating the queues would only make those matchmaking times even longer and that would just be even MORE frustrating to the community if people are still ragequitting and causing stability issues or forcing their team to play a man down. Because then not only did you get dropped out of the match or were cost the game due to some guy leaving the game that you waited to get into, but now you gotta wait AGAIN to get into a match and hope that some kid doesn't ruin THAT match too.

You can argue for separate queues and like I said I wouldn't be opposed to it necessarily. I just think its a bad idea right now.

That being said separate queues or not Ragequitting still needs penalties.

radi0wantcandy
05-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Whoa Whoa Whoa hang on.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xYHscQ1Np55i8/giphy.gif

not that I agree with the OP, but I'm just wondering if Coyote actually plays this game or he just hangs out in the forums

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:57 AM
not that I agree with the OP, but I'm just wondering if Coyote actually plays this game or he just hangs out in the forums

I have a dual monitor set up at my desk. I keep the forums, Spotify etc etc up on my right screen and play on my left.

I post in between matches and deaths.

Also I don't get how that post made you question whether or not I play the game.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Sounds like he mostly just does premades. So not really.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 07:00 AM
Sounds like he mostly just does premades. So not really.

Already said thats not true, but if it makes you feel better to think that in order to try and belittle the points I make then go for it lol

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Well I usually play in a group of 4 so there is only a 1 in 4 chance of someone leaving games I am in so I have a better chance of avoid that then most players.
If you say so.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 07:20 AM
If you say so.

Thats bad wording on my part.

I meant that when I am in a group its usually in a group of 3 or 4. Not that I usually play in a group.

Its about 60% of the time I play with friends and 40% I am alone listening to Spotify like right now for instance.

PDXGorechild
05-26-2017, 08:31 AM

Problem solved. Separate queues for PuG's and Pre-mades. Punish people for rage quitting. Done.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Problem solved. Separate queues for PuG's and Pre-mades. Punish people for rage quitting. Done.

Except then you'll get all the premade players whining about never getting into a game. They're fine with ruining everyone else's fun, but heaven forbid you suggest an increase to their queue times.

SirCorrino
05-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Except then you'll get all the premade players whining about never getting into a game. They're fine with ruining everyone else's fun, but heaven forbid you suggest an increase to their queue times.

Half the premades I face are absolutely horrible at the game so they'd have much less fun even if they had decent queue times whenever they meet a premade that knows what it's doing. I've lost count of how many times I face teams with all matching emblems that get stomped 1300-200 or 3-0 by me and 3 other randos.

DrinkinMyStella
05-26-2017, 09:52 AM
im not a fan of gank squads but when playing dominion of skimish that is the idea, cap the points and defend them at all costs which mean gank if you have to. Don't be a fool and run into a team and attack then expect them to wait in line to kill you. play 4v4 elim or 1v1 2v2. high rep elim you have more chance of an Honourable fight (i use that word Honourable loosely).

Nestramutat
05-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Developers of ubisoft, you need to listen, as a dedicated For Honor player with five Heroes who are in the Rep levels already, I have to say that you are playing a very dangerous game with the player base. This "Punishment System" for rage quitters is a really, really bad idea. Not only does this alienate a good portion of the players who are trying to have fun and enjoy competing against each other, but you're only siding with players who have been the cause of so many rage quits in this game: Gankers.

Now granted, I'm not so fond of rage quitters myself, in fact I've had my moments where I've rage quit myself; but not because I know that the match is a lost cause. Believe it or not, if I'm losing a match, I still fight to my very utmost. Losing a match isn't the problem I have though, the problem I have is that there's people on here who make this game not even fun for a lot of players, which are the gankers, pre-mades, and toxic players: people like them who take pure joy out of making the game stressful and a complete pain to play.

My point is, you're siding with the wrong players. The gankers, pre-made, and toxic players are the ones who deserve punishment for the **** that players like me have to deal with just to try and complete side orders, or just have fun in general and compete. And to hear you say that you might implement a punishing system is not the way to go. What you need to do is to fix the matchmaking system and for the love of Christ fix the servers so that crashes are few and far between instead of trying convey false hope. You're playing a very dangerous game devs, what you're suggesting is unfair, uncool, and I'm sure a good portion of players such as myself agree when I say that the punishing system is not the way to go.

These gankers, pre-made, and toxic players are going to kill this game if you put the punishing system in place. I implore you, to resort to a better option, it's bad enough that they *****ed and complained so hard that they had "Revenge Mode" nerfed-which by the way needs to be fixed like very soon-Because it's not fun when there's only one person alive on a team and all he/she can do is just block and counter guard breaks because the opposing team doesn't believe in giving the only remaining enemy a fighting chance.

Don't do this devs, alienating players who don't like playing alongside players who crush their fun is not the solution to fixing the rage quit problem.

...You're playing with fire people...

I agree completely. When they fix the matchmaking and the servers (if they ever do) then they have a right to implement this punishment. Until then, its a whooping big NO!

Everyone here has valid points and Coyote is right when he says that domination requires teamwork (that's a nobrainer in my book), BUT it's nobodies fault but Ubisofts that the player base is dwindling.
Separate premades from PUGs? Impossible, not enough players. Punish ragequitters? Impossible without alienating the few people left.
I fear this game is already on its way to the grave, no matter what.
The first things Ubisoft should do is fix the freaking network code. Then the matchmaking. Only after that are they entitled to do anything else.
Last night I could barely finish 10% of the games I joined. Now, in a decent consumer base with moral and ethical codes, Ubisoft would be punishable by law and stripped of all of it illgotten funds.

Mia.Nora
05-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Normally I would 100% agree with you, but For Honor simply doesn't have a big enough playerbase for that. The matchmaking times on consoles are already getting a bit longer as it is. I can only imagine what its like on PC outside of peak hours.

Separating the queues would only make those matchmaking times even longer and that would just be even MORE frustrating to the community if people are still ragequitting and causing stability issues or forcing their team to play a man down. Because then not only did you get dropped out of the match or were cost the game due to some guy leaving the game that you waited to get into, but now you gotta wait AGAIN to get into a match and hope that some kid doesn't ruin THAT match too.

You can argue for separate queues and like I said I wouldn't be opposed to it necessarily. I just think its a bad idea right now.

That being said separate queues or not Ragequitting still needs penalties.

I know what you mean, I am on PC in a desolate region; queue times are horrid. Thank god I have fiber so I can VPN to East Cost without a red nat. But still a premade has way too much advantages over a pug team. Even when they are same skill individually, a premade with complementing heroes who are accustomed to fight with each other, as well as having an optimal tactic for each map, totally destroys a pug team where each player is clueless about their teammates skill or general tactics.

The least they can do is increasing matchmaking parameters of the premade, so that they face higher *ranking* solo-queuer.

Regardless, with bad queue times or not; ideally premades should be limited to face other premades only. Otherwise Ubi has to invent a serious handicap in some form for premade to balance it out vs pugs.

Ulnias
05-26-2017, 02:52 PM

hmmm i think its a moot point. did anyone think there would be "honorable" fights in this game because of the title? did no one expect "gank squads" to be a thing? its a very good tactic. because people get pissed and jsut charge in there. I am guilty of this myself at times. In the end, i jsut screw myself and team. so if my teams running as a group (as ai usually jsut pug it) then hell yeah im running with them and ganking some ***. kill or be killed. that is it simply. all this "Honor" in fights talk is silly. outside of maybe 1v1... I would not expect it. especially in Elimination (I know... the name of the mode says it all), Skirmish (again... seriously...) and then there's dominion. where the point is, is to keep the opponen team from scoring by any means necessary... wow imagain that... but do those tryhard premades win... then WOW imagine that also.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
05-26-2017, 02:59 PM
The next time I need to prove a point of why Ubi shouldn't balance the game around average players, I'm going to show them this thread.

The only sensible thing you should be asking for is not matching premades with solo queuers, which again is Ubi's fault.

-Queues up for 4v4
-Complains about ganks
-Asks to NOT be punished if he leaves because he doesn't like being ganged up
-I don't even know anymore...

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Coyote don'0t follow the rules. He creates them.

>Runs in 4 men premade
>Whines about people in solo who left

Thats advanced logic, which I'll admit, I'm not prepared to understand.

sgtpickles
05-26-2017, 03:20 PM
If they would fix matchmaking, this would not be an issue. I see about 10%+ of the current player base leaving the game due to the penalties. Premades should match against premades or the matchmaking system should add more skilled players on the other team to offset.

Penalties are a bad idea is the current state of the game.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:24 PM
If they would fix matchmaking, this would not be an issue. I see about 10%+ of the current player base leaving the game due to the penalties. Premades should match against premades or the matchmaking system should add more skilled players on the other team to offset.

Penalties are a bad idea is the current state of the game.

Theres jkust a little problem.
The playerbase is so low, that this MM partition woudn't work. So, give quitters the loss, and thats it.

Before punishing the players, fix the whole product because it seems in a pre beta build, never seen an AAA product so ****ing broken after 4 months.

T_Sesh
05-26-2017, 04:02 PM
If you're a pub fighting a 4 man gank squad, yes it can be difficult to deal with. The thing is, most players will follow you if you simply type in team chat "Hey we need to stick together and fight these ****ers off". Or on consoles, spam the 'Group up!" quick chat option, as it pins a place for your teammates to group up. If you're getting slaughtered, most people should see the benefit of sticking together at that point. If they don't, then your team deserves to lose.

This game is not LoL or DoTA. It does not require intense teamwork on that level. If your 4 man pub gank squad cant beat their 4 man pre-made, you're getting out played and would lose anyway.

Side note: if you have bots on your team, they generally follow the orders of the quick chat options. So if you spam group up, the bots should come to you.

RatedChaotic
05-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Well getting upset because you ran into a premade group(that ganks) in a team based mode is no ones fault but you and your teams. This would rarely happen if you casuals would actually use your headsets and communicate and work together against it. Instead you wanna change the team based mode more to satisfy the solo player. Which is definitely not the right way to go about it.

Every time I have joined a 4v4 on xbox rarely do I see anyone use chat to communicate.

Sorry but if I'm in a premade and I know the other team is not communicating....You better believe We are going to take advantage of it. Thats how the ganking became a thing.

So in all fairness instead of punishing the premade teams that are working together to win. The should try to fix these solo quers that refuse to communicate. or stop solo joining a team mode by themselves.

Its not hard to find your own premade for these 4v4s. People just dont utilize the sources given to them. Consoles have group finders and clubs to join. There are also places here in the forums to find players.

I'm not saying find your own gank squad. I'm saying find you a group and put them on their a$$es if you run into those types of groups.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Well getting upset because you ran into a premade group(that ganks) in a team based mode is no ones fault but you and your teams. This would rarely happen if you casuals would actually use your headsets and communicate and work together against it. Instead you wanna change the team based mode more to satisfy the solo player. Which is definitely not the right way to go about it.

Every time I have joined a 4v4 on xbox rarely do I see anyone use chat to communicate.

Sorry but if I'm in a premade and I know the other team is not communicating....You better believe We are going to take advantage of it. Thats how the ganking became a thing.

So in all fairness instead of punishing the premade teams that are working together to win. The should try to fix these solo quers that refuse to communicate. or stop solo joining a team mode by themselves.

Its not hard to find your own premade for these 4v4s. People just dont utilize the sources given to them. Consoles have group finders and clubs to join. There are also places here in the forums to find players.

It doesn't really matter, if I want to play alone, i should have the possibility to do it. As well as having the chance to quit when I do not want to play anymore. Its unranked, you can't punish in unranked. EspeciLLY WHEN THE GAME IS THAT musch broken.

RatedChaotic
05-26-2017, 04:16 PM
It doesn't really matter, if I want to play alone, i should have the possibility to do it. As well as having the chance to quit when I do not want to play anymore. Its unranked, you can't punish in unranked. EspeciLLY WHEN THE GAME IS THAT musch broken.

True but why get upset about facing premade in a team based mode when your solo. When you can correct it yourself. By just using the sources given. Instead they refuse to use them and complain for being solo and ganked by a team in a team mode....Honestly to me its quite hilarious.

I get what your saying and agree.I wont stick around if its not fun. Thats why I'm here for fun. But really if I'm solo in a team based mode. Before I'd come here to complain. I'd form my own group.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 04:21 PM
True but why get upset about facing premade in a team based mode when your solo. When you can correct it yourself. By just using the sources given.

Premades vs premades in any game is called "RANKED". Thats is unranked, so nope. I don't need, to be in a full pre made.

But i know most premades won't even enter into the ranked because they clearly prefer to faceroll pugs in unranked match.

RatedChaotic
05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Premades vs premades in any game is called "RANKED". Thats is unranked, so nope. I don't need, to be in a full pre made.

But i know most premades won't even enter into the ranked because they clearly prefer to faceroll pugs in unranked match.

Well if your the guy complaining about getting ganked by a team in a team based mode. Could you possibly be wrong about that? It doesnt matter if its ranked or not.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Well if your the guy complaining about getting ganked by a team in a team based mode. Could you possibly be wrong about that? It doesnt matter if its ranked or not.

Thats the point. I don't complain, I quit.

If you want me to NOT quit, then put full premades vs full premades only.

As a matter of fact tha curent system is perfect to me, want to cheese ? Ok, but I'm out, so enjoy.

WHy would I need to play vs troll warlords ? Or ultra passive players ?
Fix the game, THEN we can talk about penalties.

5 minutes to open up a turtle conq with my kensei last time i 1v1. Why would I expose myself to such AIDS ? Abandon game and gg

ViciousOphidian
05-26-2017, 04:33 PM

LoL also has more than 15k concurrent players and allows for a separation between premades and randoms. LoL has huge servers which allow for players further away from each other to play together.
Also even if you are random the game lasts more than 5 minutes so you have time to communicate in chat and form strategies, spell combinations etc.

RatedChaotic
05-26-2017, 04:34 PM

As a matter of fact tha curent system is perfect to me, want to cheese ? Ok, but I'm out, so enjoy.

I'm cool with that man. I'm just trying to figure out if these guys are having such a problem with these premade ganker groups. Instead of coming to the forums trying to change the game. They can easily form a group and fight these groups that do it. The game doesnt need to be changed because of it.

I'd quit to probly if I was always facing 4 throughout the match. But I would rage at my team first for allowing it to happen. Not the ganker team.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm cool with that man. I'm just trying to figure out if these guys are having such a problem with these premade ganker groups. Instead of coming to the forums trying to change the game. They can easily form a group and fight these groups that do it. The game doesnt need to be changed because of it.

I'd quit to probly if I was always facing 4 throughout the match. But I would rage at my team first for allowing it to happen. Not the ganker team.

Edited the previous msg.

RatedChaotic
05-26-2017, 04:49 PM

WHy would I need to play vs troll warlords ? Or ultra passive players ?
Fix the game, THEN we can talk about penalties.

5 minutes to open up a turtle conq with my kensei last time i 1v1. Why would I expose myself to such AIDS ? Abandon game and gg

Lmao....Now you know why I have a few pints and play vs AI all the time. I just pvp against my son and friends. After a few pints those lvl 2 and 3 bots are good lol.

dayLockey
05-26-2017, 05:38 PM
This is a very tough situation for Ubi, a dilemma if anything. For one, premades vs. solo/duo quers has been a problem in almost every MP game I've ever played from Counterstrike to Overwatch to MMO battlegrounds and now For Honor. The problem with For Honor is that the community is far too small to facilitate a premade only/solo and duo que only feature. Premades would never get ques. So what we are stuck with is "hardcore" For Honor players and the rest of us.

The main thing I've noticed in For Honor is most of the notable premades are full of d-bags who say **** like "GG EZ" or "GG close" when they stomp a bunch of solo gray players with their rep 30s. I realize a lot of people still think this game has promise of e-sports (lol) but once some no-lifer starts mouthing off to randoms just doing Orders, I typically just leave the game and tell the rest of my team to leave as well in hopes that the match crashes. Call me salty, call me bitter, genuinely IDGAF. If you are going to disrespect people who are only there to provide you a match and tolerable ques, the least you can do as a "hardcore premade" is respect your opponent. Once that goes out the window well as the enemy team we have absolutely no reason to continue to fill the void in your life that you can't get from the great outdoors.

FootlessRhino
05-26-2017, 07:01 PM
League has separate queues only for ranked modes, the casual modes are free for all. when/if ranked system will be introduced to FH, they will definitely need to seperate solo/duo ranked queues from full pre-made teams but I don't feel like it's really needed in casual games. Communication is not the problem, the game also has voice chat so you can communicate with your set of randoms, assuming that they speak english and give a sh'it about what you say.

I think this is the only game where people are crying so much about being ganked. You get complaints in League that jungler is camping a certain lane, but everyone more or less accepts the concept of ganking as self explanatory. I'd like to see a League match where bot lane would stop in their tracks when their jungler is ganking because it 'wouldn't be fair to their opponents'. You guys need to drop this honor bullsh'it

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 07:14 PM
You guys need to drop this honor bullsh'it

Ubisoft shouldn't have made the title "For Honor' then.

It was considered once, during the Alpha and Beta, that a unique aspect of this game and its community was people respecting an unwritten rule or honor code.

Not everyone played by that ruleset, but it's more or less gone out of the window since the Revenge Nerf now that there's no reason to fear anyone you outnumber. However that's a separate topic entirely.

FootlessRhino
05-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Ubisoft shouldn't have made the title "For Honor' then.

It was considered once, during the Alpha and Beta, that a unique aspect of this game and its community was people respecting an unwritten rule or honor code.

Not everyone played by that ruleset, but it's more or less gone out of the window since the Revenge Nerf now that there's no reason to fear anyone you outnumber. However that's a separate topic entirely.

lol, people are so fixated on the title that I actually agree with you. they should change it to 'For Glory' or something. Anyway, I don't see how turning elimination mode into arena simulator is any more honorable, especially when the winning team keeps resurrecting fallen teammates and seizes any chance for the remaining members of the losing team to achieve victory. they just take turns on beating the last guy until he dies. everyone knows that the guy had no way of winning that round at any point, so it becomes just a waste of time for anyone involved. and if a player actually expects honor in Dominion mode, he must be one dense motherfu'cker. this unwritten honor code of yours still exist in Duels and most Brawls (even though I personally enjoy 'no rules' Brawls way more) but I really can't understand why people are trying to force it on 4v4 modes.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Anyway, I don't see how turning elimination mode into arena simulator is any more honorable, especially when the winning team keeps resurrecting fallen teammates and seizes any chance for the remaining members of the losing team to achieve victory. they just take turns on beating the last guy until he dies. everyone knows that the guy had no way of winning that round at any point, so it becomes just a waste of time for anyone involved.

I disagree, even with fast revives, prior to the Revenge Nerf, I had pulled quite a few clutch wins. That damage that revenge gave was necessary to pull a win out and lead to very epic moments.

My younger brother (2 years my junior so pretty much the same age, both in our 20's), he bought the game a little while after me, but Revenge had not been nerfed yet. So we decided to hop into an Elimination Game, he was totally into it, got trounced, I was the last man standing as my Peacekeeper. Couldn't win, but I did survive and even forced a tie on one round and pulled a clutch win another round. The enemy caught wise to how to deal with me and while I did try to give them hell, it didn't exactly work.

Personally, I think the game was better with a powerful revenge mode, it FORCED people to be honest in combat and allow the 1v1's or be punished for trying to interfere and gank.

But in 3v1 or 4v1 it wasn't a guaranteed victory for the revenge guy, he often had to pull a win out of his butt because it was still super damn hard unless the other guys were trash.

RenfieldX
05-26-2017, 07:44 PM
I don't know dude, i guess it makes sense if the game requires "way more team work," but everyone here has bested a premade with randoms. Its a benefit to coordinate but its not game breaking like LoL sounds like.

I was just thinking the same thing myself. Premades get beat by randoms pretty regularly - I've experienced this from both sides. It's also quite common for a team that's behind and has one or two people ragequit to come back and win. Some of those bots are better than 75% of the players, so it's been to my advantage occasionally when someone quits. I'm looking at you 'MyAxeYourFace'...

FootlessRhino
05-26-2017, 07:48 PM
I disagree, even with fast revives, prior to the Revenge Nerf, I had pulled quite a few clutch wins. That damage that revenge gave was necessary to pull a win out and lead to very epic moments.

the revenge before the nerf was not very well balanced because the outnumbered player would actually have a bigger advantage over the opponents who outnumber him. that's not very logical. as it stands now, you have quite a decent chance to win 1v2, but 1v3 are extremely hard to achieve and 1v4 is pretty much impossible unless the enemy team fu'cks up really bad. currently revenge gives you a chance to fight back but doesn't give you advantage over enemy who outnumbers you. all of this sounds reasonable to me.

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 07:51 PM
I was just thinking the same thing myself. Premades get beat by randoms pretty regularly - I've experienced this from both sides. It's also quite common for a team that's behind and has one or two people ragequit to come back and win. Some of those bots are better than 75% of the players, so it's been to my advantage occasionally when someone quits. I'm looking at you 'MyAxeYourFace'...
Dude. That bot...i hate him haha

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 07:53 PM
the revenge before the nerf was not very well balanced because the outnumbered player would actually have a bigger advantage over the opponents who outnumber him. that's not very logical. as it stands now, you have quite a decent chance to win 1v2, but 1v3 are extremely hard to achieve and 1v4 is pretty much impossible unless the enemy team fu'cks up really bad. currently revenge gives you a chance to fight back but doesn't give you advantage over enemy who outnumbers you. all of this sounds reasonable to me.
Well said.

XxHunterHxX
05-27-2017, 08:38 AM
When i was going through some combatives training a few years back, our instructor asked the group "who wins in a fight?" People answered the strongest guy, the fastest guy, etc. His response was "the person who's friend's show up first." This was proper military training. Personally, I've never played this game in a group. Its definitely advantageous and beneficial for that exact reason to have a group you can coordinate with. If friends playing in a group aren't supposed to team up in a fight, what's the point?

This !

pimmas01
05-27-2017, 10:10 AM
people keep talking about ganking, what bloody ganking? this isn't wow where you all of a sudden gets ambushed by a rogue when you're out picking flowers, we're all on the battlefield here, trying our best to win (or so I assume and hope).
you dont call a 2v1 situation in hockey a gank or even unfair do you? because it's part of the game. you earn advantageous situations like that and it is up to you and your team to make sure you dont get jumped by the whole enemy team. and there is a really good way of doing that: PUNISH them by taking all the other bases.

dominion is about taking and holding the majority of the 3 bases, you dont just run to the nearest enemy or chase people across the map.
if i am fighting 3 dudes at one end of the map, i KNOW my team has the numeric advantage on TWO other points. it's now up for them to take advantage of that and grab all the bases they possibly can, while i stay alive vs these 3 people as long as i can to buy time.

this is very basic stuff, both sides are Limited to 4 players, make use of that. trust people to 1v1 if you feel like you have something else you need to do (like grabbing that empty base in the middle). who wins the 1v1 and finish the 2v1s the fastest so you can continue on and be useful elsewhere will most likely determine who wins the match. ASSUMING both sides go for the objectives.

krilll4n
05-27-2017, 10:17 AM
easy fix, but that takes a way the easy win for the players that team up vs random team.
other games have it. why not here?
soloteam= random teams pub
squad= premade teams.
that works in other games

i uninstalled the game today, i dont play to win i enjoy the fight, but after this last update there is no fight anymore( ok in duel :) ), i am more dead in a game of DOM then alive and fighting, i dont se myself as a unskilled player and not a supirior skilled player, more a casuel player. But when a game go this direction.. it becomes wast of time for me. others maby like it, but i like a fight not just to killed in a 2-3 hit combo( yes i know how to do that)
i konw what the players that like this gonna say :) and to that i say: good for you :)