PDA

View Full Version : Shinoobies are either trash or cancer... there is really no in between

radi0wantcandy
05-26-2017, 03:43 AM
I just do not understand why ubisoft feels it is necessary to give the asian heroes such an over designed move list.

In my experience, a shinoobie player either knows 3 moves or all 372 moves in their moveset and the ones that have everything memorized already will lock you into a 5-7 combo if you screw up and let them dodge one of your attacks. Or they'll just hang back and hit you with their craptacular range bs that's nearly impossible to judge whether a guard break is coming or simply just a ranged attack.

It's ridiculous in my opinion, and it just exasperates the issue in this game that is spammable chains that are just... safe.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 03:55 AM
A shinobi that just sits back throwing range stuff at you is a free kill. Practice, don't complain.

And they don't really have that many moves. The movelist is just padded by things like 3 x double dodge, 2 x backflip, etc.

T_Sesh
05-26-2017, 04:14 AM
I just do not understand why ubisoft feels it is necessary to give the asian heroes such an over designed move list.

In my experience, a shinoobie player either knows 3 moves or all 372 moves in their moveset and the ones that have everything memorized already will lock you into a 5-7 combo if you screw up and let them dodge one of your attacks. Or they'll just hang back and hit you with their craptacular range bs that's nearly impossible to judge whether a guard break is coming or simply just a ranged attack.

It's ridiculous in my opinion, and it just exasperates the issue in this game that is spammable chains that are just... safe.

Once you learn the character, you'll see how easy they are to actually deal with. The shinobi cannot reliably combo anything except the confirms from light > light, heavy > light, and kick > heavy, and the sickle rain combo. Every thing after that is counterable, and if you do counter it, you're basically guaranteed to take half his health. Meanwhile the shinobi has to land many more hits on you for a kill.

jeppy83
05-26-2017, 04:15 AM
Don't just stand there like an idiot. Those range attacks are so easy to dodge. Plus you can kill them in 3 hits. They are made of paper!

dekot11
05-26-2017, 04:27 AM

Not counting the new characters, the devs have consistently neglected the japanese heroes in favor of the white ones. There are no top tier japanese characters, the best heroes in the game are all white. They actually said warlord is balanced and barely touched warden when they supposedly "nerfed" him. They know their audience, asians aren't playing this game. Things got so bad the devs finally had to give in and promise they would buff the entire cast in the samurai faction.

kweassa1917
05-26-2017, 04:32 AM
Like the others have said, ranged attacks are easy dodges... nobody even tries ranged GB these days because they're so dangerous (except the free-GB for Shib glitch).

So ranged attacks remain largely situational, very useful in 4v4 fights but still quite dangerous. Then all the Shib has left is a...

● fast light-attack spam
● nice variation of patterns using the flip forward/back mechanics
● double-dodge mechanics
● UB kick spam

IMO giving the "2nd hit always connects if 1st was success" was a bad idea, but I'm against those in principle because I don't like these "guarantee" mechanics in design.

The various patterns differ between who uses them, but there can be only so many -- and experiences usually counters whatever crazy and acrobatic patterns Shibs use. After a while you recognize those similar patterns and think stuff like, "Oh.. it's THAT type of Shib... ho hum. :rolleyes:".

Double-dodge is very effective, but a double-edged sword in that it's vulnerable to GBs like any other dodge, properly costs stamina, and especially weak to certain types of ZAs. If your opponent is a Shib who habitually dbl-dodges around from quite a distance, you can actually time a sprint to unlock, rush him by surprise and use GB while unlocked and that'll simply counter his dbl-dodge on the spot, and land you a juicy heavy that takes like 1/3rd of Shib HP.

...so, like, that leaves the only real "OP" level of moves to the UB kick spamming, which is frustrating, but what UB spamming class in game is not frustrating if they resort to solely 1-move spams?

They're unstoppable when they gang up on you? EVERYONE is unstoppable when they gang up on you.