PDA

View Full Version : Are the Ninja Kicks safe?

Shizzle117
05-26-2017, 01:21 AM
Sort of a simple question, but Are both of Shinobis kicks (double side dash and double forward dash kick) Safe? I was wondering if i managed to Dodge and GB could i get that off or would they just be able to CGB it?

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 01:39 AM
Yes. They have instant recovery, so you get nothing off of it if they whiff the kick.

Shizzle117
05-26-2017, 01:40 AM
oh... that's a shame... hopefully Devs can look into that if they are looking for potential balances on Shinobi.

Hillbill79
05-26-2017, 01:41 AM
Far from true.

A good player wont allow you to get something from it... most will. It is possible for it to be safe, but not for most players.

Yes. They have instant recovery, so you get nothing off of it if they whiff the kick.

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 01:44 AM
Far from true.

A good player wont allow you to get something from it... most will. It is possible for it to be safe, but not for most players.

The skill of the player doesn't change the fact that the kick is completely safe. Want me to post that GIF of a cent dodging Shin's kick, throwing a light, and getting it immediately parried?

Hillbill79
05-26-2017, 01:46 AM
As I said. A good player wont let you get anything from it. ( as you said... parried. And that must have been a good player to react like that.. or a hacker.)

Most are only average. Its kinda the definition of average.... Average = most in a game like this.

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 01:48 AM
As I said. A good player wont let you get anything from it.

Most are not good.

This
Does
Not
Make
The
Class
Balanced

CaptainPwnet
05-26-2017, 03:03 AM
Kick is not completely safe. Characters with good side dodge attacks can punish it, like Rochi, Zerker, Kensei, think Pk's is a little too slow. Conq, LB, WL and maybe Warden can do their side dodge bashes. For others you can punish the dbl dash before the kick comes out sometimes with an attack or GB depending on distance when they start dashing. GB can be risky since you will eat the kick if you judge the distance/timing wrong. Attacking will at least trade with the kick an dget you some damage in exchange for his heavy even if you didn't hit him in the dbl dash before the kick came out. Characters with good fast zones can punish the dbl dash before kick comes out fairly reliably and again if you are a little too slow you will at least trade with the kick. Characters with good zone for this are Rochi, PK, Warden, Bushi and maybe others.

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 03:04 AM
My berserkers dodge attack still gets kicked pretty frequently. Am i just messing up my timing?

CaptainPwnet
05-26-2017, 03:09 AM
My berserkers dodge attack still gets kicked pretty frequently. Am i just messing up my timing?

Could have something to do with the direction his kick is going in relation to the direction you dodge. If a shinobi does his second dash to the left, right, or forward/back before the kick then the kick will be in the same direction. So second dash to the left he kicks left, dash right kick goes right, back and forward both result in a straight kick forward. So if the shinobi does his second dash to the right and kicks and you also dodge attack in the same direction you may get hit.

Other than that I am not positive but I have seen zerker and other dodge attacks avoid the kick and punish regularly.

bmason1000
05-26-2017, 03:12 AM
Could have something to do with the direction his kick is going in relation to the direction you dodge. If a shinobi does his second dash to the left, right, or forward/back before the kick then the kick will be in the same direction. So second dash to the left he kicks left, dash right kick goes right, back and forward both result in a straight kick forward. So if the shinobi does his second dash to the right and kicks and you also dodge attack in the same direction you may get hit.

Other than that I am not positive but I have seen zerker and other dodge attacks avoid the kick and punish regularly.
That makes sense, because its not every time.

CaptainPwnet
05-26-2017, 03:13 AM
The skill of the player doesn't change the fact that the kick is completely safe. Want me to post that GIF of a cent dodging Shin's kick, throwing a light, and getting it immediately parried?

Cent doesn't have a dodge attack. . . As far as I know if you were to dodge most unblockables like conq shield bash, with cent and light attack you will suffer the same result. This would be the case with any character that doesn't have a proper side dodge attack.

KnifeInUrNeck
05-26-2017, 03:54 AM
It's easier to just GB shinobis before the 2nd dodge. Noob shins will initiate the kick too close which leaves them VERY vulnerable to GB. The other idea is to simply trade a heavy for each kick. Shinobis can only take around two heavies from most characters.

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 04:20 AM
Cent doesn't have a dodge attack. . . As far as I know if you were to dodge most unblockables like conq shield bash, with cent and light attack you will suffer the same result. This would be the case with any character that doesn't have a proper side dodge attack.

You wouldn't, because every other bash attack in the game has a recovery when you whiff it.

CaptainPwnet
05-26-2017, 04:41 AM
You wouldn't, because every other bash attack in the game has a recovery when you whiff it.

And so does the kick, what I am trying to say is Side dodge>light attack is incredibly slow and unless you actually have a dodge>attack move like rochi and zerk then you will meet the same result against any character whether it's WL, LB, or Conq. Side dodge GB works because GB registers instantly while they are in recovery because it is designed to do so similar to how it instant tracks dodges. But Light attacks have a regular startup when used like this in addition to having to wait for the entire duration of the side dodge which is not the case when you have a proper side dodge attack. It would seem cent is one of the few characters in the game without a proper side dodge attack.

The difference is that kicks recovery does not seem to be GB vulnerable as it definitely should not be with how low his health is and how easy it is to dodge kick with the large telegraph from double dash.