PDA

View Full Version : GB getting Blocked (not CGB)

Shizzle117
05-26-2017, 01:19 AM
I don't know if this is just how the game goes or if its intended but i've noticed several of my GB's just getting blocked in 4v4 and sometimes 2v2 game types. Generally it happens when i try to grab someone who is being attacked at the same time. The block my teammates hit and my GB will bounce off of them. sometimes when i GB them while my teammates attack them I manage to grab them like a normal GB. Never do I See the CGB symbol but half the time my GB's just don't register and their guard flickers when i use it almost as if they blocked it. Does this happen to anyone else?

kweassa1917
05-26-2017, 01:59 AM
I don't know if this is just how the game goes or if its intended but i've noticed several of my GB's just getting blocked in 4v4 and sometimes 2v2 game types. Generally it happens when i try to grab someone who is being attacked at the same time. The block my teammates hit and my GB will bounce off of them. sometimes when i GB them while my teammates attack them I manage to grab them like a normal GB. Never do I See the CGB symbol but half the time my GB's just don't register and their guard flickers when i use it almost as if they blocked it. Does this happen to anyone else?

When someone is affected by an action (most typically hit recovery) it doesn't allow for a GB from another source -- lest it be possible to truly "infinite lock" a target to death by two people... as one person hits and causes hit recovery, and another GBs at the same time... so it'd be like GB - hit - GB - hit - GB - hit ... until death... since you can't CGB while in recovery frames.

This means despite people complain they get "chain-GBd" while ganked, it's never a true "chain" -- as in truly unavoidable.

TL;DR -- It's an (obviously) intended mechanic to prevent the exact thing you were going for in that scenario.

For example, your teammate hitting the target at a wrong timing could even make a perfectly aligned Demon's Embrace to fail... the Shug lunges and arrives at the target, but fails to grab.

mrmistark
05-26-2017, 05:28 AM

I assume it's the same type of rationalization as to why sometimes you can go to throw an enemy off the cliff and accidentally your teammate gets in the way at the last second, falling himself instead of the opponent. If you attack an opponent you will notice you tend to push them back and to different sides dependent on which side you attack from. I figure the mechanic here is basically you go to break their guard but because your teammate is attacking and pushing him around you simply just bump into the opponent instead. They made the mechanics to be realistic, so bumping each other and pushing each other around has consequences. Just time the guard break after your teammates combo and you'll get the guard break.