PDA

View Full Version : Off topic... what style of game would you like Ubi to make?

strigoi1958
05-25-2017, 11:06 PM
I've already posted this in a few places but....
I would love it if Ubi made a game similar to GTA V but maybe sett in the prohibition times in America. Ubi has all the required features in their huge range of game series.

I'd love a long campaign and an online group session/ solo session/ friends session with missions, races, battles and buying, building an empire with houses, mansions, warehouses, garages and upgrades. A place where I can meet up with fellow Assassins and complete missions together, smuggle bootleg liquor while fighting off cops and rival gangsters... doing hits (assassinations) meeting Al Capone and all the gangsters at the time, driving around in 1920's cars. Slowly upgrading the trucks so they can outrun the police, improving driving skills through races.... and being able to design player content..

Anyone got any style of game or idea of a game they would like to see made by Ubi?

GhostAssassinLT
05-26-2017, 02:27 PM
I would love it if Ubi made a game similar to GTA V
Well, I know you own GR:W, there's your GTA V clone...

Considering their massive fock up with GR:W I'd prefer to see them not making any more games, especially with them giving the GR:W community the bird in their "excellent" Q&A post where most of the requests by the community were answered with a "We have no plans".

DSD27
05-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Open world, great story and Unity's multiplayer.

strigoi1958
05-27-2017, 02:17 AM
GR:W isn't quite a GTA V clone... the aspects in GTA V like buying and upgrading, vehicles, houses and businesses already exist in other Ubisoft games, the same with mini games, co-op and online multiplayer... but all these aspects could be put into just one huge game, where friends can meet up, hang out, do missions , races, flying, sailing or play games with or against each other. The fact that players can create content and games means that the game will have a long life and will always get new things.

I really liked the co-op in Unity, I met a lot of Scandinavians, Americans, Europeans, People from the far east, and every continent... meeting up or just going in to Unity and getting a game invite then being joined by others was really special. I know GR:W has that but it doesn't have the feeling of belonging like I get from upgrading buildings, banks and businesses in AC games, or the homestead missions in AC3. It doesn't have the need or desire to do missions to earn money and buy vehicles or a home. So there are lots of different things in lots of Ubi games that could be compiled into a game that could be perfect for a community and for friends to meet online regularly.

Lysette88
05-29-2017, 08:23 AM
GR:W isn't quite a GTA V clone... the aspects in GTA V like buying and upgrading, vehicles, houses and businesses already exist in other Ubisoft games, the same with mini games, co-op and online multiplayer... but all these aspects could be put into just one huge game, where friends can meet up, hang out, do missions , races, flying, sailing or play games with or against each other. The fact that players can create content and games means that the game will have a long life and will always get new things.

I really liked the co-op in Unity, I met a lot of Scandinavians, Americans, Europeans, People from the far east, and every continent... meeting up or just going in to Unity and getting a game invite then being joined by others was really special. I know GR:W has that but it doesn't have the feeling of belonging like I get from upgrading buildings, banks and businesses in AC games, or the homestead missions in AC3. It doesn't have the need or desire to do missions to earn money and buy vehicles or a home. So there are lots of different things in lots of Ubi games that could be compiled into a game that could be perfect for a community and for friends to meet online regularly.

Actually Ubisoft is the wrong company to do a game like this - people will not put effort in creating content in an online world, if there is no reliability on that this service will continue to exist for a long time even when the hype is over - Ubisoft has a history of discontinuing services when the hype is over. I would not bet a dime on them being willing to continue a service if it doesn't make them money quickly. As much as I like Uibsoft games, my trust into that Ubisoft is reliable as a service provider is not high - just look at the services for games like Unity - and if they discontinued services there, they will do with others as well - user created content requires reliability of services and I don't see this given in the case of Ubisoft as a service provider.

strigoi1958
05-29-2017, 10:20 AM
This may surprise you but.. my brother makes missions and maps for il2 sturmovik there is a website of fans still playing, who have been playing regularly for many years before gta v launched, they modify everything in the game and have a lot of player made content. I still play co-op in silent hunter 3 with my brother (for over 10 years) it also has lots of player input... if you check out subsim.com you will see posts getting 100,000 views regularly and some posts exceed 1 million views... not bad for very old Ubi games ;) when you consider how many views other games get on forums.

I do not think services discontinue, the servers for all Ubi games are still there... I simply think that most games now have a limited play time and the majority of players move to the next game. Unless player content is created to keep the interest alive, to keep players returning for more than 3 months, 6 months or 2 replays the number of current players dwindle. I would not expect Ubi (or any other game company) to keep adding new content to any game when 95% of the people who bought it, do not play it. Especially if the game is designed to be sold for that purpose.

I play most games twice, a few exceptional games reach my 300 hours of gameplay.... which means I play them 10 or 12 times (at least) before I start wishing they had new content.

As I said Ubi has all the things needed to make a game like this... they have long running games with a big fan base and lots of player input and mods, they have great games with with everything they need to make a game that people can buy in 5 years time and still find 1 million people playing it and new content added.

I may have played 1000 hours in Unity by now but... if it had things from other Ubi games that made it similar to GTA I'd probably still be roaming Paris for the next 5 years :)

naumaan
06-04-2017, 04:19 AM

add a little of assassins creed modern day element in it, it will be fun ...

Actually Ubisoft is the wrong company to do a game like this - people will not put effort in creating content in an online world, if there is no reliability on that this service will continue to exist for a long time even when the hype is over - Ubisoft has a history of discontinuing services when the hype is over. I would not bet a dime on them being willing to continue a service if it doesn't make them money quickly. As much as I like Uibsoft games, my trust into that Ubisoft is reliable as a service provider is not high - just look at the services for games like Unity - and if they discontinued services there, they will do with others as well - user created content requires reliability of services and I don't see this given in the case of Ubisoft as a service provider.

Please elaborate what kind of services you expected and Ubisoft did not provide instead of just giving an overview.

GhostAssassinLT
06-04-2017, 09:22 AM
As a recent example you can take a look at GR: W. As soon as it was released the community shared a lot of ideas for things they wanted to have added or changed, but all Ubisoft did was to add some GTAish monster trucks to a tactical shooter game and then they posted a Q&A where they basically told the community they wouldn't change a thing in the game. They had already achieved their goal as they manage to sell the game... Hence Ubisoft shouldn't produce any games or even ask for feedback as the only reply they gave the community was the middle finger...

strigoi1958
06-04-2017, 10:24 AM
That's because the game was finished.... just like the campaign in GTA V. Or any other game. GTA online is open ended with an editor built in so even if the devs do not add new content as quickly as some might prefer, the players are adding it.

Feedback on forums is very useful for the next game... current finished games have many reasons why changes cannot happen. But as players we just want things without any understanding of the cost or difficulty. If I buy a new car and then tell Ford that fold down trays on the back seat would be good.... even if it is a good idea, it will not be put into my current car AND probably not in the car that is already in production. but it might be in the one after that. But game players want everything NOW :)

Firstly it is a business with shareholders and although a lot is given away as good will by Ubi, I assume any changes would have to be approved to be worthwhile financially. If it will cost $25 million to change something in a finished game but $0 to include it in the next game, what do you think would be the right decision to the shareholders? AND before you say But what about doing right by the players? They already have, they made the game and sold it and we bought it with no prior expectations of wholesale changes. If you built and sold your house and agreed a price then 6 months later called the buyer to ask if they are happy in the house and they said yes, but now I want you to build a garage for no extra money... you'd say "you agreed the price for the product as it was" if it was something you could do easily like change the taps on the bath and a new shower panel you might say yes. It is always worth looking at things from both sides before thinking something can and should be done, just because we want it.

We focus on 1 change without considering how many other changes that will have, without thinking it through fully. (I do not know if it is true but) on the Far Cry 5 forum someone stated that certain weapons are used in several games because there are royalties paid to the gun manufacturer every time a weapon sound is added to a game... so if we ask for 1 specific weapon, it might need several cutscenes and takedowns to be remade and an additional cost for the sound, plus the menu has to be changed to add a new gun slot.

Plus any upgrades to the weapon plus the ammunition... so just adding 1 gun might require a team of 30 graphics and sound engineers (who might all have to stop working on other projects and games, how much will it cost to delay production on a game that is due to be released just before all the christmas shopping is bought?)

Then it all has to be tested as it might cause bugs with the game.
It might take 6 months and as it is not an open ended game like gta online, most players have moved on to FC5 or AC origins or Shadow of War (or all 3 like me) GTA online is an open ended game I go back to when I finish playing closed games..... because there is always something new to do with friends, which is why it is the style of game I wish Ubi made again soon.

naumaan
06-05-2017, 09:12 PM
I agree with strigoi here, production takes time and during production new things can't be added the same time