PDA

View Full Version : Proof of FC5 map editor image!

akilyoung
05-25-2017, 10:19 PM
http://imgur.com/a/AIht2

In the image you see the terrain tool and green grid texture in the back

akilyoung
05-25-2017, 10:20 PM
Cowboys and indians?! And same ****ty FC4 graphics....look at the grass ugh And is this a 3rd person game...I hope not

Prabh1206
05-25-2017, 10:57 PM
If this is actually Far Cry 5, you're seeing the god view of the map editor

angstik
05-25-2017, 11:05 PM
The trees are FC4 midland trees. So I doubt it's legit.

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 11:06 PM
were you expecting a generational shift in graphics capabilities? Fc4 looked fine, damn, people's expectations man... FFS just be happy that this eludes to the map editor being in the game in some capacity rather than complaining about fuggin' grass.. sheezus, IF this is a screen of a FC5 map editor (and that is a big if) whose to say how old it is? whining about the fuggin' grass, good god... and based on the note that you edited your second post you clearly know how it works, try consolidating your posts so they're not double & triple posting all the time geez....

Well those look very much like pine trees that cover the entire west half of MT so it could very easily still be FC5....

(I edited this quote & reply into a post i'd previously made, and it was super easy to do, rather than double post....jus' sayin'...)

angstik
05-25-2017, 11:26 PM
(I edited this quote & reply into a post i'd previously made, and it was super easy to do, rather than double post....jus' sayin'...)

Thanks for being the one posting this... again. Who knows, maybe this time it will be read.

Anyways, Ubisoft clearly heard about the copy/paste hate that was all around 4-Primal. I doubt they'll make the same mistake again.

angstik
05-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Funny because I know FC4 by heart, I've played 500+hours on it, and I never, never recognized anything while playing Primal which was supposed to be "with the same map". Actually, the map looks the same but the way it is made is totally different. i've read countless times that Primal's whole map was FC4+mammoths, yet those who wrote this never touched the game I guess.

WID992007
05-25-2017, 11:38 PM
#1 you do not even know if the image = legit

#2 Ubisoft has not even said if FC5 has a map edit program

and just like other posts i saw on Reddit how are you sure thats not another game that has nothing to do with FC 5 ???

and just some kid looking for ppl to see his fake images

WID992007
05-25-2017, 11:41 PM
and i agree even if they reused to world map layout in Primal .. it looks noting like the world map in FC 4 when you are in game

also in the FC 4 map you did not have as many deep caves systems to explore as you did in FC PRIMAL

CAFFEIN8TED
05-25-2017, 11:43 PM
Like many others I want news that the editor is back but this is a photoshop job. Shows blue character nav mesh in the middle but not visible on the green mesh in the background or where the cowboys are standing. Fingers crossed though, the editor is my favorite part and kept me playing long after I finished the campaign/main story.

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 12:02 AM
when the word proof is used instead of evidence.... man i hope OP isn't a lawyer....

akilyoung
05-26-2017, 12:10 AM

I think you might be right, however it IS possible they can use the same trees, as montana might have the same trees, and they use software called 'speedtree' as of FC4, and Primal, so they could easily put those tree back in is needed.

And the grass DOES look like FC4...so if this is faked, it seems like someone modded FC4's NPCs...and wouldnt that have hit the scene?

And Hortys, the reason I mentioned the grass, is because now that ubi is using SpeedTree in their collections systems, we SHOULD be seeing much more improved grass.

And Yes we SHOULD be seeing a generational leap in graphics, because ubi SAID that the next FC would graphically be a leap to full next gen, unlike FC4. While Primal did look better than FC4, it still wasnt that leap, mostly it was the higher utilization of speedtree in the foliage that and lighting variation that made it look better, but performance still suffered, cause its all on a last gen engine thats not optimized for current gen.

akilyoung
05-26-2017, 12:13 AM
when the word proof is used instead of evidence.... man i hope OP isn't a lawyer....

Jesus....sounds like you are though!

legacyzero
05-26-2017, 12:25 AM
Not trying to get hyped here. could be anything really. Here's hoping for something excellent!

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 12:29 AM
Jesus....sounds like you are though!

not a lawyer, just someone who, for the most part, knows when to use the appropriate words in a given situation. I know how to do that, AND edit posts.. ... maybe i've just done more side content and unlocked a few more skill points than some others.... ;)

akilyoung
05-26-2017, 01:06 AM
SPeaking of editing posts, I just edited mine...accidentally called Speedtree ''real tree'...been a while since I looked into that middleware forgot what it was called..

akilyoung
05-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Are they using speedtree? That would be fantastic! I still remember how bad was the grass in FC3.

Yes. I believe they used it for the trees in FC4, which allowed the tree to look more realistic and move with the wind.

But in Primal...it was a much fuller utilization...

http://blog.speedtree.com/2016/02/speedtree-in-far-cry-primal/