PDA

View Full Version : Looks like it's going to be another copy & pasted game

sisimo1
05-25-2017, 09:47 PM
http://imgur.com/a/AIht2

The shotgun on the back of the guy from the leaked editor screenshot is the same M113 Shotgun that we've already seen in Far cry 3 and 4 before.

sisimo1
05-25-2017, 09:55 PM
The model also looks the same.

sisimo1
05-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Yeah i hope you're right.

akilyoung
05-25-2017, 10:15 PM
WELL theres your map editor proof!!!

akilyoung
05-25-2017, 10:18 PM
The terrain tool and green grid texture is showing....

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 11:15 PM
WTF is the big deal about weapons appearing in multiple games? And people act like FC or ubisoft are the only ones doing it.... CoD MW games had m16s 3 games in a row... a pump action shotgun the AK and a couple of the other guns in these games are common enough that they would be used in places all over the world. I have absolutely no problem with them re-using some weapons, the important thing is that they add enough that they aren't depended on what they re-use. a shotgun, an AK, the RPG a couple handguns, all totally fine to have in this game as well, it's the amount of weapons they ADD that matters. Hopefully we'll see some new ones and maybe some that are less suited to return get dropped, but seeing one weapon re-used in a screen that may or may not be legit is certainly not enough to cry "copy & paste" .... geeez people blow this $#!+ outta proportion....

sisimo1
05-25-2017, 11:21 PM
Just wait until the full game is released and then we will see if i blew it out of proportion or not.

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 11:24 PM
Exactly, but you should wait until the release to blow it out of proportion to begin with, thats all I'm saying, we dont know what the proportion of asset re-use is yet. The thing that is frustrating is that there are alot of people out there who complain about it to the degree that they seem to think the acceptable amount of asset re-use is zero and that every game ever made should have no use of anything thats been made before it which is just ridiculous...

WID992007
05-25-2017, 11:28 PM
also what do you mean by another copy and paste ??
you mean FC 3 ?

no FC 4 was way different then 3 and i hate when ppl miss out on why it was not :mad:

FC 3 had no throwing Knives............... FC 4 DID:p

FC 3 you had to go around mountains .. in FC 4 you could climb them :p

FC 3 you did not have a neat lil mini copter to fly in .. in FC 4 you did :p

Far Cry 3 did NOT have a hand held grenade launcher you could use from the mini chopper .. FC 4 DID :p

will it use FC take downs?? ....... i sure hope so thats part of FAR CRY NOW as they were even in Primal

as are the crafting elements so you can carry more stuff and hunting Quests

you seem to think in 1 yr (since Primal ) they had time to write a whole new game engine ? ..do you understand how big of a task that is ? and how much it would cost ?

what weapons would you have them use in modern day montana ?

yea its gonna probably have a bow . handguns and yes assault rifles , shotguns a few rifles with a scope \and probably an RPG or two and hand grenades and Molotov cocktails what more do you expect ?

LASER BEAM GUNS ? PHASERS ? LIGHT SABERS ?

umm those wont fit a game set in modern day Montana

Necronomicon999
05-26-2017, 05:36 AM
a
LASER BEAM GUNS ? PHASERS ? LIGHT SABERS ?

+2 :cool:

Helforsite
05-26-2017, 08:18 AM
"That escalated quickly" has never been more appropriate! Way to extrapolate from a reused gun model to a completely copy&pasted game^^

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 08:24 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/boy-that-escalated-zop93h.jpg

sisimo1
05-26-2017, 09:10 AM
I just have a low tolerance for things like this.

angstik
05-26-2017, 09:15 AM
The shotgun on the art is different.

And as far as I'm giving my point of view, the "map editor proof" is fake. But That's my opinion. Why cow boys and indians? I's a modern game (maybe in a drug/dream sequence though?).

sisimo1
05-26-2017, 09:20 AM
Yeah i also found that strange.

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 09:21 AM
I just have a low tolerance for things like this.

What you call low tolerance I would dub unreasonable expectation.

Helforsite
05-26-2017, 01:48 PM
What you call low tolerance I would dub unreasonable expectation.

This. Guns look how they look, would be kind of idiotic to change the model just because.

sisimo1
05-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Nevermind i just saw the trailer and it looks fresh af.

HorTyS
07-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Nevermind i just saw the trailer and it looks fresh af.

Kinda bumping a hella old thread for this, but the shotgun model ended up being a bit different anyway! Blown out of proportion confirmed!

sisimo1
07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Well good thing i was proven wrong this time.

HorTyS
07-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I was happy to see that the model was different, but in general I thought it was sort of a premature reaction anyway.

sisimo1
07-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Premature? They did the same thing with 4 and Primal so i didn't expect this lmao.

HorTyS
07-11-2017, 02:21 AM
Yes, premature, as in you made the assumption before having facts or any concrete evidence. I mean, a precedent had sort of been set by FC4 recycling as much as they did. I'm not saying the assumption was totally out of line, only that it was made prematurely, which I think given the current circumstances is a reasonable outlook on the situation....

MrGraves261a
07-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Wow speaking of blowing things out of pproportion , way to come in with the sword and shield sir knight!

Ill kindly second this cut and paste lookalike.So farcry went from survival sci fi to cultre pop with weapons

HorTyS
07-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Wow speaking of blowing things out of pproportion , way to come in with the sword and shield sir knight!

Ill kindly second this cut and paste lookalike.So farcry went from survival sci fi to cultre pop with weapons

when was FC ever survival sci-fi? what is culture pop with weapons?