PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, Don't bother with a quit penalty.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:07 PM
There should be no penalty for quitting. With how terrible matchmaking is and the already terrible state of "balance" (or lack thereof), and less focus on individual skill over group gang-banging mentality, one should not have a gun held to their head to finish a game that they are not enjoying.

If I don't like you, if I think you play like a ******bag, I shouldn't have to play with you if I don't want to. If I see your name, or for any reason at my discretion, I should be able to quit at any time, as should anyone else.

Furthermore, there's already penalties in place for quitting, you don't get experience, or steel, or loot for quitting, making your time spent fruitless, and you force yourself through the long matchmaking process in the hopes of finding another game.

Also to conclude, there's no such thing as a "fix" for this. One way or another people will quit out, whether that means unplugging their router, their system, shutting their system off, or going to main menu and closing the app. There's no way that Ubisoft can implement a penalty other than through using the "quit match" feature, which is there TO BE USED. One should not be penalized for using a menu option! It's completely and totally asinine!

A4einboy
05-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Stop it devs

Johnnybeck.
05-25-2017, 09:16 PM
90% of the community is happy with the rage quit punishment, hopefully will be at least 5 min without being able to play another match. The other 10% are spoiled kids who can't stand lose or die, and quit for the sake of their for honor tracker status.

If you are not happy with your match, finish it and look for another afterwards. Quiting in the middle can kick everyone out of the match, and 99% of the rage quiting occurs at the end of the match, so is not because of matchmaking it is because ppl don't want theirs status ruined... They also quit after duels and brawls, so it's NOT matchmaking fault.

Matchmaking is not perfect, but is not an excuse for you to quit.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:17 PM
The only thing a "Quit Penalty" will achieve is further alienating players from the game and pushing them to no longer want to play this game. I reiterate, the "Quit Game" button is an option in the menu FOR A REASON. Penalizing people for using a menu option will just make them look for ways around it, and the only way Ubisoft can counter that is to issue blanket penalties for all forms of disconnect, and at that point, anyone at any time will be penalized.

There's nothing to gain going down this road, and everything to lose, which is a healthy playerbase in which to conduct matchmaking with.

A4einboy
05-25-2017, 09:18 PM
I dont give a sh## weither i win or lose just give me my xp and coins

Johnnybeck.
05-25-2017, 09:24 PM
The only thing a "Quit Penalty" will achieve is further alienating players from the game and pushing them to no longer want to play this game. I reiterate, the "Quit Game" button is an option in the menu FOR A REASON. Penalizing people for using a menu option will just make them look for ways around it, and the only way Ubisoft can counter that is to issue blanket penalties for all forms of disconnect, and at that point, anyone at any time will be penalized.

There's nothing to gain going down this road, and everything to lose, which is a healthy playerbase in which to conduct matchmaking with.

There is a lot to gain, the majority of the time you get kick out from matches is because someone is rage quiting. Making them think twice before quiting will reduce quit rate and probably fewer matches will crash. There are players that always quit when they see the match is lost, and at least 30% of the time they crash the match doing so.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:24 PM
90% of the community is happy with the rage quit punishment.

Absolutely false.

1st of all, never be so arrogant that you think you can speak for a majority of a game's community of players. Especially not one so grossly overestimated at "90%".
2nd of all, If it happens to kick everyone out of a match, bully for me, that's an extra punishment against pre-mades, toxic players, and gang-bangers. Loving it so far.
3rd of all, "99% of rage quitting occurs at the end of a match", also false, where the hell are you getting your statistics from kid? Where did you learn to debate?
4th of all, I don't NEED an excuse to quit. As stated, My $60-$100 is as good as anyone else who bought this game, and I should be able to quit AT MY DISCRETION. For any reason whatsoever.

Even if point #1 were true, and "90% of the community is happy", that means nothing except Argumentum ad Populum. Argument by popularity/ Argument from the majority, the logical fallacy that infers that just because "a majority" of people believe something to be true or good, means that it is so. That assertion is patently false.

There was a time that a majority of people believed that god/gods created and controlled all things, to this day many still do, but with the advent of the internet and modern science, we've all but proven that this is false.

Johnnybeck.
05-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Absolutely false.

1st of all, never be so arrogant that you think you can speak for a majority of a game's community of players. Especially not one so grossly overestimated at "90%".
2nd of all, If it happens to kick everyone out of a match, bully for me, that's an extra punishment against pre-mades, toxic players, and gang-bangers. Loving it so far.
3rd of all, "99% of rage quitting occurs at the end of a match", also false, where the hell are you getting your statistics from kid? Where did you learn to debate?
4th of all, I don't NEED an excuse to quit. As stated, My $60-$100 is as good as anyone else who bought this game, and I should be able to quit AT MY DISCRETION. For any reason whatsoever.

Even if point #1 were true, and "90% of the community is happy", that means nothing except Argumentum ad Populum. Argument by popularity/ Argument from the majority, the logical fallacy that infers that just because "a majority" of people believe something to be true or good, means that it is so. That assertion is patently false.

There was a time that a majority of people believed that god/gods created and controlled all things, to this day many still do, but with the advent of the internet and modern science, we've all but proven that this is false.

You quit just because you are losing a game and I am the kid? Haha

My statistics are from playing the game and everyone I talk is in favor of rage quiting punishment, look at reddit.

Stop whining and rage quiting your games. If you want to quit and crash other players matches you are a toxic player and deserves the punishment.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:36 PM
You quit just because you are losing a game and I am the kid? Haha
You sure as hell debate and argue like a kid. Thing's I've learned; Quit while you're ahead, and try your best, but if your best ain't good enough, there's no shame in quitting either.

My statistics are from playing the game and everyone I talk is in favor of rage quiting punishment, look at reddit.
So... You don't have any statistics and I'm supposed to take your word for it and that of a few fedora wearing neckbeards on Reddit?

Stop whining and rage quiting your games. If you want to quit and crash other players matches you are a toxic player and deserves the punishment.

Stop whining about people rage quitting from games, If you made others want to quit and crash other players, you are a toxic player that deserves to be bailed on.

Bjron_Ironside
05-25-2017, 09:45 PM
I'm all in favor of the ***** quitter punishment.

Johnnybeck.
05-25-2017, 10:05 PM
I sure am gonna enjoy you spoiled kids being punished for rage quiting haha :)

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 10:11 PM
I sure am gonna enjoy you spoiled kids being punished for rage quiting haha :)

Then you're going to continue waiting buckaroo. As I stated, there are MANY ways around it, it's a fruitless effort that will only punish the unaware, or the innocent.

C.More
05-25-2017, 10:21 PM
Anyone has the right and is able to quit a game for any reason without an excuse. Same as Ubisoft when they decide to add penalties for quitters.

I am so glad that ragequitting will finally be punished.
Hopefully there are really high penalties for repeat offenders so those toxic players quit the game forever.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Anyone has the right and is able to quit a game for any reason without an excuse. Same as Ubisoft when they decide to add penalties for quitters.

I am so glad that ragequitting will finally be punished.
Hopefully there are really high penalties for repeat offenders so those toxic players quit the game forever.

You're an idiot then, because it wont truly affect "toxic players" or make them "quit forever", for exactly the reasons I've already explained. Though judging by that statement alone I can tell that you're quite a toxic sodium based individual yourself.

Ragequitting wont be punished, people will just find ways around it, they always do. All this will for certain do is alienate players and shrink an already diminished playerbase.

Duuklah
05-25-2017, 11:23 PM
until Cent and Shinobi are nerfed and including centurion Feats I cannot support a quitter penalty.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 12:29 AM
I genuinely cannot wait for the Ragequit penalties.

The amount of salt from serial ragequitters will be a sight to behold.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 12:31 AM
I genuinely cannot wait for the Ragequit penalties.

The amount of salt from serial ragequitters will be a sight to behold.

I wonder if the Village Idiot knows he's the Village Idiot.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 12:33 AM

I do love it when people resort to petty insults. It means that you have made a point and that they don't like it :)

C.More
05-26-2017, 01:01 AM
You're an idiot then, because it wont truly affect "toxic players" or make them "quit forever", for exactly the reasons I've already explained. Though judging by that statement alone I can tell that you're quite a toxic sodium based individual yourself.

Keep raging little quitter. It won't help you.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 01:02 AM
Keep raging little quitter. It won't help you.

Just ignore Rhodri. Nothing you say will reach him. The penalties are gonna be implemented no matter how hard he stamps his feet. Just let him throw his fit.

Father_Giliam
05-26-2017, 01:26 AM
I said it in another thread on the topic and I will say it here. If/when they do implement the quitting penalty, I sure hope they intend to disable Join in Progress entirely or do what Titanfall does (JIP losses don't count as a loss). Having Join in Progress active while a penalty for quitting is in a game is horrible design.

Also, people shouldn't be using the argument about its possible the game will kick everyone out if someone quits to argue for a penalty. The fault there lies with the devs, not the players. The PtP system they have in place is sub-par. Hell, they just added host migration and thats still hit or miss.

C.More
05-26-2017, 01:27 AM
Thx coyote, yeah i've noticed it. Sad but true.

I said it in another thread on the topic and I will say it here. If/when they do implement the quitting penalty, I sure hope they intend to disable Join in Progress entirely or do what Titanfall does (JIP losses don't count as a loss). Having Join in Progress active while a penalty for quitting is in a game is horrible design.

Good point

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 01:28 AM

Also, people shouldn't be using the argument about its possible the game will kick everyone out if someone quits in favor of a quitting. The fault there lies with the devs, not the players. The PtP system they have in place is sub-par. Hell, they just added host migration and thats still hit or miss.

They already have a Join in Progress system in place.

It occasionally messes up, but for the most part you don't get put into matches past a certain point.

Father_Giliam
05-26-2017, 01:35 AM
They already have a Join in Progress system in place.

It occasionally messes up, but for the most part you don't get put into matches past a certain point.

I've been put into matches that had a team at/near breaking several times. While its rare, it can happen. Until its a gaurentee it won't, they should not be active at the same time.

I would be fine with JIP if they went the Titanfall route or if the limit was more strict. Say, when a team hits around 350 points for Elimination/Skirmish and around 500 for Dominion (as it can sway so quickly).

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 01:37 AM
I've been put into matches that had a team at/near breaking several times. While its rare, it can happen. Until its a gaurentee it won't, they should not be active at the same time.

I would be fine with JIP if they went the Titanfall route or if the limit was more strict. Say, when a team hits around 350 points for Elimination/Skirmish and around 500 for Dominion (as it can sway so quickly).

Thats why I said it occasionally messes up, but I would rather have the Penalties in place sooner rather than later. I will take the occasional mistake if it means the Ragequitters are being held accountable.

90% of the stability issues comes from kids throwing tantrums and ragequitting.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 02:12 AM

Since you're so quick to call people out when they make statements like this, I'll tell you the same thing you always say.

Show me the data that supports your claim.

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 02:19 AM

This game has no stability issues.
Trust me, I play with the same 5-6 people and none of us experience any issues whatsoever.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:20 AM
Since you're so quick to call people out when they make statements like this, I'll tell you the same thing you always say.

Show me the data that supports your claim.

You mean other than the fact that the Devs themselves have stated that the issues of lobbies crashing mostly stem from the host leaving the session?

Other than the fact that pretty much everyone that comes to the forums complaining about ragequitters is due to the fact that someone in their game left?

If you are gonna try to "Gotcha" me at least do it on a topic thats more opinionated rather than one that is basic common sense. It just makes you look silly.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 02:26 AM
Trust me, I play with the same 5-6 people and none of us experience any issues whatsoever.
Haha exactly right?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:29 AM

I never said there are no issues. I simply said that I myself have not had any issues this past week. (My game has crashed 2 times at the end of the match for some reason)

I have acknowledged that people are having issues. I am just saying 90% of those issues come from people leaving games and the Devs seem to agree with me on that.

It was a nice try though lol You made me chuckle.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 02:33 AM
I have yet to see any statistics from a reputable source. So lets just leave it at "Some people are having issues" rather than try to put a quantity to it.

And everyone I know is having no issues at all so I am going by that.

This is called an Impasse I guess lol
Huh.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:36 AM
Huh.

I don't understand. Is there a point somewhere in there?

Some people are issues with stability. I know that and have admitted that multiple times.

But everyone I play with is doing great since the season started.

Not sure how that is confusing to you.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 02:39 AM
Tell me how you know that 90% of the stability issues in this game come from ragequiters. Especially if you never see a problem yourself.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:43 AM
Tell me how you know that 90% of the stability issues in this game come from ragequiters. Especially if you never see a problem yourself.

Well I usually play in a group of 4 so there is only a 1 in 4 chance of someone leaving games I am in so I have a better chance of avoid that then most players. Also when people DO leave the game simply migrates the host for me. It takes about 30-45 seconds and then the match resumes. Its during that process people seem to get dropped or that the lobby crashes. The Devs have talked about it and so have load of people who come to the forums to complain about it.

I guess I have just been getting lucky and have avoided this past week. (Aside from the 2 times my crashed crashed at the end of the game these past 5 days) You keep trying really really hard to "Gotcha" me and I am not sure why.

I have admitted people are having issues even though I myself have not been having them. I have also pointed out the majority of the issues seems to be a result of ragequitting according to the Devs themselves and the NUMEROUS posts on these forums of people complaining that the lobby crashes right when someone leaves.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 02:55 AM
Let's assume that you are right and most of the issues come from ragequiters.

Imagine if you will a world where Ubi made a game up to industry standards. One where For Honor is rock solid and can hold up to someone ragequiting. Someone drops out? Fine. Switch hosts and a few seconds later we're back in action.

Well that's not the real world. Here in the real world the game is riding on the back of clown. The clown is juggling on a unicycle, balancing on a beach ball that's floating in a swimming pool. The slightest breeze knocks the whole thing over in a pile of errors and DCs.

The game should be able to withstand someone dropping out of it. It's still Ubi's fault regardless.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:01 AM
Let's assume that you are right and most of the issues come from ragequiters.

Imagine if you will a world where Ubi made a game up to industry standards. One where For Honor is rock solid and can hold up to someone ragequiting. Someone drops out? Fine. Switch hosts and a few seconds later we're back in action.

Well that's not the real world. Here in the real world the game is riding on the back of clown. The clown is juggling on a unicycle, balancing on a beach ball that's floating in a swimming pool. The slightest breeze knocks the whole thing over in a pile of errors and DCs.

The game should be able to withstand someone dropping out of it. It's still Ubi's fault regardless.

It doesn't matter. Even if the game was rock solid I would still be advocating for leaver penalties. Ragequitting is a childish move used by people who can't stand to lose or be beaten. I used to be like that and I have moved passed it and I am a better player for it.

There are plenty of other negative things that come about from ragequitting than just the stability issues. Leaver penalties will help reduce those issues as well.

But since stability is the worse issue to come about from leaving games that is the reason I am using. If the game was solid I would simply move down the line to the next issue caused by it.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:32 AM
quit penalty is a BS, grey team vs full 144 3 centurions and 1 shinobi ? Just LOL. I will quit, the same, **** your penalties.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 03:38 AM
quit penalty is a BS, grey team vs full 144 3 centurions and 1 shinobi ? Just LOL. I will quit, the same, **** your penalties.

More blunt than me but yes, that's almost exactly what I had to fight last night and I quit before the game even finished loading. A rage quit penalty won't change that, it'll just cause me to stop playing the game id it's too penalising.

Sorry Ubi, but until you learn to design balanced multiplayer the ability to rage quit is required, otherwise people won't be able to vent and will simply stop playing entirely.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:38 AM

Then enjoy whatever punishments you get for repeated offenses lol

Also gear means nothing its about the player not the gear. Gear HELPS, but skill makes the difference. My Orochi is gear level 38 and I trounced a duo of Wardens with 144 gear last night.You can argue about skill of those Wardens, but we both know Gear score doesn't matter THAT much.

More blunt than me but yes, that's almost exactly what I had to fight last night and I quit before the game even finished loading. A rage quit penalty won't change that, it'll just cause me to stop playing the game id it's too penalising.

Sorry Ubi, but until you learn to design balanced multiplayer the ability to rage quit is required, otherwise people won't be able to vent and will simply stop playing entirely.

Pretty sure I speak for alot of players when I say if the choice was all the ragequitters leaving the game forever or dealing with them ragequitting we would happily say

BUH BYE. You won't be missed. At. All.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:50 AM
Then enjoy whatever punishments you get for repeated offenses lol

Also gear means nothing its about the player not the gear. Gear HELPS, but skill makes the difference. My Orochi is gear level 38 and I trounced a duo of Wardens with 144 gear last night.You can argue about skill of those Wardens, but we both know Gear score doesn't matter THAT much.

Pretty sure I speak for alot of players when I say if the choice was all the ragequitters leaving the game forever or dealing with them ragequitting we would happily say

You speak like I care somrthing about beeing penalized. As a matter of fact are 2 weeks that don't touch for honor. Rage penalties are welcome when the game can offer a fair ( or close to it) MM, without proper MM **** your penalty, I will keep to quit whenever i want, till the point I will just stop playing. Simple as that.

"You won't be missed" you may say, but I don't care one bit.

Full warlord team that juist throw off cliffs ? Nope, i will quit, fix the game, balance it, and THEN you can punish me.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 03:51 AM

The more I read and think about it the more I'm being swayed to the penalty being a terrible idea.

And I don't know why you're trying to take the lead for the pro-penalties. You said in another thread that you usually run in a premade, of all the people here that makes you the least qualified. Hell, you're probably the cause.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:52 AM
You speak like I care somrthing about beeing penalized. As a matter of fact are 2 weeks that don't touch for honor. Rage penalties are welcome when the game can offer a fair ( or close to it) MM, without proper MM **** your penalty, I will keep to quit whenever i want, till the point I will just stop playing. Simple as that.

"You won't be missed" you may say, but I don't care one bit.

Full warlord team that kist throw off ? Nope, i will quit, fix the game, balance it, and THEN you can punish me.

Its your game man. You can play it however you want.

The more I read and think about it the more I'm being swayed to the penalty being a terrible idea.

And I don't know why you're trying to take the lead for the pro-penalties. You said in another thread that you usually run in a premade, of all the people here that makes you the least qualified. Hell, you're probably the cause.

I'm confused. The cause of what?

Also whats wrong with running in a pre-made group?

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:54 AM
Its your game man. You can play it however you want.

Exactly. Since theres no competition in this game, i quit wheneever I want, put that quit penalty for ranked only, for the crazy ones that will play ranked LOL

I will tell you more, you can punish me by giving me the quitted game as loss, i coudn't care ****. Just to point out the fact i don't care about W/L

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:56 AM
Exactly. Since theres no competition in this game, i quit wheneever I want, put that quit penalty for ranked only, for the crazy ones that will play ranked LOL

No thanks.

Penalties for all modes ranked or unranked please. People leaving takes the fun out of matches no matter if its ranked or not. People should be punished for ruining the game for everybody else.

I will tell you more, you can punish me by giving me the quitted game as loss, i coudn't care ****. Just to point out the fact i don't care about W/L

The fact you people don't care is the problem.

Hence the penalties.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 03:56 AM

I queue solo a majority of my gametime.

The honest truth about quitting penalties have already been discussed and pointed out by myself several times, even earlier in this thread I laid our many good points, none of these key points were addressed or discussed.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:57 AM
No thanks.

Penalties for all modes ranked or unranked please. People leaving takes the fun out of matches no matter if its ranked or not. People should be punished for ruining the game for everybody else.

Hence the penalties.

Ubisoft balance ruins my fun, so I will quit. Thats fair enough.

COunt me the quit as loss, don't care.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:59 AM
Ubisoft balance ruins my fun, so I will quit. Thats fair enough.

And you be punished for that.

If people continue to not care and continue quitting despite penalties the penalties will simply just be made more severe to the point where you peoople either stop leaving or you stop playing the game entirely.

Either way the Community as a whole wins.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 04:01 AM

One of the main reasons people rage quit, and this goes for all team games not just For Honor, is solo queuing into a premade team. It's not fun for the solo queuers (it's also not fun for the premade if they're even remotely decent) so they leave.

People like yourself running as a premade, combined with the terrible matchmaker, is the main reason people rage quit. You are the cause of your own complaint.

You want to know the best way to stop rage quitting? it isn't quitter penalties, it's adding a solo queue.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 04:03 AM
And you be punished for that.

If people continue to not care and continue quitting despite penalties the penalties will simply just be made more severe to the point where you peoople either stop leaving or you stop playing the game entirely.

When i play kensei in 1v1 and i go against turtle warlords that just want to troll me beeing passive all the time, i will quit. And if its true you run exclusevely on premade, that makes you a complete total troll not worth of any more attentions.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 04:04 AM

You are such a short sighted child. It would be comical if it was not so irritating!

You're wrong, in the long run you are wrong. The Community as a whole does not win, simply for the fact that once you start alienating players and making them unable to play the product that they paid for (Again, my $60-100 is just as good as yours, interrupt that and say HELLO to lawsuits!), you'll only end up with a severely diminished community, one where the same handful of people play each other over, and over, and over, and then no more matches because the population just isn't there to sustain a healthy matchmaking system.

You don't get it, you don't understand it. You just keep saying "I want things to be the way that I want them to be, and I want it done NOW!" with absolutely no thought given to the future consequences of your indiscretion.

You don't think, and you try to act without thinking!

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 04:04 AM
One of the main reasons people rage quit, and this goes for all team games not just For Honor, is solo queuing into a premade team. It's not fun for the solo queuers (it's also not fun for the premade if they're even remotely decent) so they leave.

People like yourself running as a premade, combined with the terrible matchmaker, is the main reason people rage quit. You are the cause of your own complaint.

You want to know the best way to stop rage quitting? it isn't quitter penalties, it's adding a solo queue.

Yeah no penalties are needed. People leaving just because they are getting smacked is childish especially when they do so knowing they are potentially screwing over their entire team or even the entire lobby. Solo queue would be great, but we don't have a big enough playerbase to split up the matchmaking like that.

Also speak for yourself about dominating a match not being fun. The most fun I have in games is when we are obliterating the competition.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 04:07 AM
but we don't have a big enough playerbase to split up the matchmaking like that.

So the playerbase isn't big enough to divide up further to make more fair matchmaking scenarios, but it's healthy enough to alienate and lose players because they choose to quit? You're a ****ing idiot! You make no ******* sense and there's no reasoning to your arguments!

Also speak for yourself about dominating a match not being fun. The most fun I have in games is when we are obliterating the competition.

This also speaks VOLUMES as to your character, or more accurately, a lack thereof.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 04:10 AM
Yeah no penalties are needed. People leaving just because they are getting smacked is childish especially when they do so knowing they are potentially screwing over their entire team or even the entire lobby. Solo queue would be great, but we don't have a big enough playerbase to split up the matchmaking like that.

Simple solution to that, make all modes solo queue only. And no, I'm not joking. You like to claim you're the majority, but I would place money on there being WAY more solo queue players than premades.

I'm not saying you are one, but generally this is the opinion of children and bads. Statistically proven I'm afraid.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 04:14 AM
You are such a short sighted child. It would be comical if it was not so irritating!

More playground insults. That must mean I am hitting a nerve lol

You're wrong, in the long run you are wrong. The Community as a whole does not win,

If the people who ragequit are removed from the game that automatically makes the game better in every single way and thus makes the community better in every single way. So yes the community wins if these penalties drive away the toxic players that are sore losers.

simply for the fact that once you start alienating players and making them unable to play the product that they paid for (Again, my $60-100 is just as good as yours, interrupt that and say HELLO to lawsuits!), you'll only end up with a severely diminished community, one where the same handful of people play each other over, and over, and over, and then no more matches because the population just isn't there to sustain a healthy matchmaking system.

If they implement new rules that say you will get punished for leaving and if the penalty for repeated quitting is a temporary ban whether it be 5mins or 5 days thats on YOU for repeatedly breaking the rules.

I will use the theme park example I used awhile back. You pay $30 to have access to the park. You do not OWN the park. You own the RIGHT to enjoy the park. However if you violate the rules of the park they have the right to eject you from the park and revoke your access to it depending on how badly you broke the rules.

You paid for your disc. The disc gives you the PRIVILEGE to play the game. A privilege that can bbe revoked at any time if you don't obey the rules.

If you break the rules and they punish you that doesn't give you the right to walk into a court and say "I knowingly violated the rules, but I am exempt those rules from punishment because I paid money"

The judge would openly point at you and laugh.

You don't get it, you don't understand it. You just keep saying "I want things to be the way that I want them to be, and I want it done NOW!" with absolutely no though given to the future consequences of your indiscretion.

I get that the Devs agree with the community that Ragequitting is a serious issue and they are implementing penalties in the next patch. Continue stamping your feet if you want, but I welcome the news that sore losers will be punished for their selfishness.

You can disagree with the changes, but that doesn't mean the changes aren't coming lol

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 04:21 AM
So the playerbase isn't big enough to divide up further to make more fair matchmaking scenarios, but it's healthy enough to alienate and lose players because they choose to quit? You're a ****ing idiot! You make no ******* sense and there's no reasoning to your arguments!

Now you are just being intentionally dense. Losing the Ragequitters is one thing, but literally cutting the community in half by adding a solo queue would only make matchmaking longer than it already is.

There also wouldn't be a solution for groups of 3 unless they allowed solo players to also queue for the group matchmaking. Which would dfeat the entire purposer of having a solo queue in the first place.

This also speaks VOLUMES as to your character, or more accurately, a lack thereof.

What that I like to win? Not seeing how that is a bad thing?

Simple solution to that, make all modes solo queue only. And no, I'm not joking. You like to claim you're the majority, but I would place money on there being WAY more solo queue players than premades.

I never claimed that pre-mades were the majority?

I'm not saying you are one, but generally this is the opinion of children and bads. Statistically proven I'm afraid.

How is enjoying dominating wins a bad thing? I genuinely don't understand.

TheNinefingers
05-26-2017, 04:31 AM
Rage quitters are literally the game's worst scum bags. Permanently ban them for all i care.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 04:35 AM
I never claimed that pre-mades were the majority?

You claim that the majority want penalties, or that the majority want this or that, and that's why we should implement it.

The majority are solo queue players and solo queue would fix a LOT of issues. You're right that splitting the population is a bad idea since we're rather small, so make solo queue the only way to play. It's what the majority want, as you would say.

If you actually stand by your logic then you would support the removal of premades from the game. If you don't then you only support things you want, are using "the majority" as a tool, and your opinions are hypocritical.

How is enjoying dominating wins a bad thing? I genuinely don't understand.

Bad players enjoy dominating as a team because they can't achieve that on their own. It's a unique experience for them. Even average players will have games where they dominate solo so it's not as appealing. Not only will bad players never dominate on their own, they rarely win at all without a premade stomp fest.

Children, or people with a childish outlook, enjoy dominating because they only understand winning, so the better they win the better they believe they are. People with more mental maturity realise it's about the challenge and individual improvement. Winning is pointless if there was no skill involved.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 04:43 AM
More playground insults. That must mean I am hitting a nerve lol
Only in the sense that you keep repeating yourself in spite of every well reasoned and thought out post that I write and completely ignore what I say, EACH AND EVERY TIME.
Yeah, I guess you would be striking a nerve, you're irritating the hell out of me by being stubborn and not listening to a damn thing being said.

If the people who ragequit are removed from the game that automatically makes the game better in every single way and thus makes the community better in every single way. So yes the community wins if these penalties drive away the toxic players that are sore losers.

That's conjecture at best, most "rage quitters" are inconsistent quitters and only quit games up until they find an enjoyable match. There's very few instances of "Serial Ragequitting" at the point where a player will quit 4/5 games. What do they get out of that? Nothing except maybe some sort of joy from irritating people, in which case he's sick in the head, most trolls are.

If they implement new rules that say you will get punished for leaving and if the penalty for repeated quitting is a temporary ban whether it be 5mins or 5 days thats on YOU for repeatedly breaking the rules.

I will use the theme park example I used awhile back. You pay $30 to have access to the park. You do not OWN the park. You own the RIGHT to enjoy the park. However if you violate the rules of the park they have the right to eject you from the park and revoke your access to it depending on how badly you broke the rules.

You paid for your disc. The disc gives you the PRIVILEGE to play the game. A privilege that can bbe revoked at any time if you don't obey the rules.

If you break the rules and they punish you that doesn't give you the right to walk into a court and say "I knowingly violated the rules, but I am exempt those rules from punishment because I paid money"

The judge would openly point at you and laugh.

Actually the only comparable media that one might have for video games would be films. In which one can purchase films by DVD and Blu-Ray, that little Anti-Piracy/FBI Warning bit that they put in your movies, the gist of that says that the film itself is actually a "license" to own the film and watch it at your discretion so long as you are not proliferating it on the internet to the detriment of the production company and are not hosting as your own "Movie Theater" trying to profit make a profit off of them.

With that in mind, there's no real case law surrounding it, but most people would argue that once they've made a purchase of a film, that they own their films. A judge would agree.
When I purchase the game at Gamestop, (or wherever you purchase your games) I purchase a license, and while Ubisoft might argue that they can impose an End User License Agreement or EULA for short. EULA's are controversial and are inconsistent when it comes to being upheld in court.

Supposing that my argument is sound, the Judge could very well hear that I paid Gamestop for this licensed copy and that Ubisoft's attempt to prohibit my use of the game simply for opting NOT to play the game I was matched in using menu options that were built with the intent to be used and unfairly and unjustly penalizing use of said menu item, which is part of the game, that it could be argue that this is egregious corporate overreach on Ubisoft's part, that the EULA could potentially be struck down, leaving them legally exposed, and potentially forcing a settlement or even a win for me legally.

Your commentary has shown you're young, you have limited understanding of how the law works and what consumers are entitled to as far as rights and protections.

If I lived in Europe, this would be an open and shut case, IN MY FAVOR, WITH CASE LAW TO BACK IT UP!

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 04:43 AM
You claim that the majority want penalties, or that the majority want this or that, and that's why we should implement it.

The majority are solo queue players and solo queue would fix a LOT of issues. You're right that splitting the population is a bad idea since we're rather small, so make solo queue the only way to play. It's what the majority want, as you would say.

I honestly can't tell if you are joking or not. Are you ACTUALLY trying to say that Pre-made groups should be removed or are you just being facetious?

Also it doesn't matter what the majority wants.

The Devs have already said that ragequitting is a problem. Its a bonus that the community supports that.

If you actually stand by your logic then you would support the removal of premades from the game. If you don't then you only support things you want, are using "the majority" as a tool, and your opinions are hypocritical.

I support things that make sense. The fact I want things that make sense doesn't make me a hypocrite lol

Bad players enjoy dominating as a team because they can't achieve that on their own. It's a unique experience for them. Even average players will have games where they dominate solo so it's not as appealing. Not only will bad players never dominate on their own, they rarely win at all without a premade stomp fest.

Children, or people with a childish outlook, enjoy dominating because they only understand winning, so the better they win the better they believe they are. People with more mental maturity realise it's about the challenge and individual improvement. Winning is pointless if there was no skill involved.

That is the single most asinine logic I have ever read on these forums. And thats including all the ridiculous things that Rhodri has said.

The teams that dominate the other team ARE the better teams. Thats why they are dominating lol I enjoy dominating wins because its satisfying to me and my team when we utilize perfect teamwork in order to get the win. I'm not gonna say that the most skilled team always wins in dominion, but the best TEAM almost always wins in Dominion.

In a group based objective based game mode Teamwork is more important than skill. You could have the best players in the world, but if they aren't working together then odds are they aren't going to win.

If you want skill based wins go to Duel mode.

If you wanna win because you are the best TEAM then go to Dominion.

Trying to pretend someone is a bad player because they enjoy getting dominating wins through teamwork is the dumbest thing I have ever heard lol

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 04:52 AM
*saving room by removing wall of text*

This is basic common sense.

You break the rules? You get punished.

If the rules state that if you leave you get punished and you continue to leave then they can punish you. Just because the game has the option to leave the match, doesn't give you the RIGHT to leave the match.

In R6 Siege Ranked and in Smite you can get banned for repeatedly leaving matches. They give you the option to leave. In Siege its a 15min ban and in Smite its an escalating ban system. The ban gets longer the more you do it.

You know why? Because those are the rules that the players are obliged to play by because the creators of the game said so.

You break the rules then you get punished. Thats how it works. If it makes you feel better right now to think you have a leg to stand on in the eventual case that you get punished in some way that restricts your play then by all means continue to believe that.

Meanwhile in the real world the community and the playerbase is going have to adjust to the new penalty system in whatever way that system is implemented.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 05:04 AM
Meanwhile in the real world the community and the playerbase is going have to adjust to the new penalty system in whatever way that system is implemented.

Hot damn, you are an effective troll. Been trying to derail this thread so damn hard.

See, I keep wondering why and getting frustrated as to why you won't address a single of the VERY valid points I make. Then it hit me, YOU'RE A ****ING TROLL!

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SO DAMN OBVIOUS!

This last bit is the truth, but only if people like me or Egotistic_Ez don't voice our concerns and oppose such a measure and make it clear to Ubisoft that THIS IS NOT OKAY.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 05:07 AM
Hot damn, you are an effective troll. Been trying to derail this thread so damn hard.

This last bit is the truth, but only if people like me or Egotistic_Ez don't voice our concerns and oppose such a measure and make it clear to Ubisoft that THIS IS NOT OKAY.

And you have every right to do so.

But the fact that the Devs themselves see it as a problem and a large portion of the community see it as a problem means that you guys are most likely just yelling at clouds.

Thats not even mentioning that since day 1 they said their number 1 priority is stability issues and the Ragequitting is one of the main causes of the lobby crashes and people getting dropped. So of course they are going to address something that is causing that much trouble.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 05:08 AM
At some point you have to stop feeding the troll. Forget about logic.

Coyote likes to drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. I've come to the conclusion that he just likes to be a contrarian so he can hear himself speak (would that be read what he types??).

I always figured he was probably pretty decent at this game but knowing now that all he can do is run in premades, I'm not sure about that anymore either. There's two vastly different games between a premade and rolling solo.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 05:11 AM

Coyote likes to drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. I've come to the conclusion that he just likes to be a contrarian so he can hear himself speak (would that be read what he types??).

I always figured he was probably pretty decent at this game but knowing now that all he can do is run in premades, I'm not sure about that anymore either. There's two vastly different games between a premade and rolling solo.

1) How am I trolling? Explain to me how what I am saying is wrong. Please.

2) I do not ALWAYS run in a pre-made group of 4. I would say the percentage is about 60% of my games are played with friends in groups of 2-4 (Usually its the 3 of us) and 40% solo because there are some days where I just wanna listen to Spotify while I play and not be bothered by chatter.

3) I would catagorize myself as a team player. In a 1v1 I am slightly above average on my Beserker and average on everyone else. I play to win so I spend 90% of my time in matches Defending/Taking objectives while my buddies run around trying to keep the minions back and getting kills

4) Trying to belittle me because I play a team based game mode with teamwork is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 05:12 AM
I honestly can't tell if you are joking or not. Are you ACTUALLY trying to say that Pre-made groups should be removed or are you just being facetious?

Also it doesn't matter what the majority wants.

The Devs have already said that ragequitting is a problem. Its a bonus that the community supports that.

I support things that make sense. The fact I want things that make sense doesn't make me a hypocrite lol

Your defence of almost everything is "I'm in the majority". Whenever someone disproves your point that's your go to rebuttal. Rage quitting is a problem, but penalties are not the only fix. They're just the easiest to implement.

And no, I don't think premades should be banned, I'm just pointing out that your majority arguments are bs and that there are other solutions to rage quitting.

That is the single most asinine logic I have ever read on these forums. And thats including all the ridiculous things that Rhodri has said

I don't write it to insult, it's simply fact. Go google it if you want a more detailed explanation.

The teams that dominate the other team ARE the better teams. Thats why they are dominating lol I enjoy dominating wins because its satisfying to me and my team when we utilize perfect teamwork in order to get the win. I'm not gonna say that the most skilled team always wins in dominion, but the best TEAM almost always wins in Dominion.

Most of that has nothing to do with what I said. We're not talking about who wins or why, we're talking about one sided stomps. Stomping game after game is not satisfying. There is no challenge.

In a group based objective based game mode Teamwork is more important than skill. You have have the best players in the world, but if they aren't working together then odds are they aren't going to win.

If you ant skill based wins go to Duel mode.

If you wanna win because you are the best TEAM then go to Dominion.

Trying to pretend someone is a bad player because they enjoy getting dominating wins through teamwork is the dumbest thing I have ever heard lol

Again, none of this has anything to do with what I said.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 05:12 AM

It was that last post of his that made me realize it, he was only just superficially trying to argue and be contrarian to my thought out post regarding how a legal confrontation over this issue would play out and rather than address it point by point, he rounds it around back to the original topic!

At that point it just clicks to me, "This guy's a ****ing troll!" He's not trying to actually discuss anything, he's just trying to drag my thread down, which he's done for several pages.

I'll make a point to request the mods clean this up. Because he's taking down discussion quality.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 05:17 AM
Your defence of almost everything is "I'm in the majority". Whenever someone disproves your point that's your go to rebuttal. Rage quitting is a problem, but penalties are not the only fix. They're just the easiest to implement.

And no, I don't think premades should be banned, I'm just pointing out that your majority arguments are bs and that there are other solutions to rage quitting.

I don't write it to insult, it's simply fact. Go google it if you want a more detailed explanation.

Most of that has nothing to do with what I said. We're not talking about who wins or why, we're talking about one sided stomps. Stomping game after game is not satisfying. There is no challenge.

Again, none of this has anything to do with what I said.

Oh okay I see the issue. There has been a miscommunication. I enjoy dominating wins because it justifies the team aspect of the game and shows that teamwork is rewarded. So when we are winning by alot it feels good to know that going through all the effort to work together is worth it.

I enjoy it because of the win and outplaying the other team with teamwork.

Not because the other team got destroyed.

I'll make a point to request the mods clean this up. Because he's taking down discussion quality.

Good luck with that. This is an internet forum. You stated your opinion and why you think penalties are not needed. I disagreed and posted why I disagree with you and used arguments to back that opinion up and at no point derailed the thread from the original argument about penalties. You on the otherhand insulted me multiple times rather than just addressing what I said.

You said something. I disagreed. We have been going back and forth about it. Thats how Forums work. Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't mean the mods are going to stop me from saying it or remove my opinion from the thread so long as I present my opinions within the rules of the forums themselves.

If I had sat here and name called and provided no reasoning to back up anything I said then you would have a point, but thats not what happened.

Hiro-Isamu2013
05-26-2017, 05:20 AM
There should be no penalty for quitting. With how terrible matchmaking is and the already terrible state of "balance" (or lack thereof), and less focus on individual skill over group gang-banging mentality, one should not have a gun held to their head to finish a game that they are not enjoying.

If I don't like you, if I think you play like a ******bag, I shouldn't have to play with you if I don't want to. If I see your name, or for any reason at my discretion, I should be able to quit at any time, as should anyone else.

Furthermore, there's already penalties in place for quitting, you don't get experience, or steel, or loot for quitting, making your time spent fruitless, and you force yourself through the long matchmaking process in the hopes of finding another game.

Also to conclude, there's no such thing as a "fix" for this. One way or another people will quit out, whether that means unplugging their router, their system, shutting their system off, or going to main menu and closing the app. There's no way that Ubisoft can implement a penalty other than through using the "quit match" feature, which is there TO BE USED. One should not be penalized for using a menu option! It's completely and totally asinine!

I completely agree. The penalty system is completely unnecessary and not to mention completely unfair. There really shouldn't be a reason why I have to play the match whole way through if I'm not enjoying it.

I don't like rage quitters as much as the next guy, but not enough to whine to Ubisoft to make a penalty system.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 05:28 AM
What are the odds that Ubi can even get the system right and differentiate between a quit and an error? Do you honestly have that much confidence in them?

Their track record hasn't exactly been stellar. I didn't even get my S1 rewards till a week after S2 started.

Argue weather a quit penalty is good or no, but penalizing people because your game is broken and they get DC'd isn't cool. That more than anything is a reason not to want it.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 05:30 AM
Oh okay I see the issue. There has been a miscommunication. I enjoy dominating wins because it justifies the team aspect of the game and shows that teamwork is rewarded. So when we are winning by alot it feels good to know that going through all the effort to work together is worth it.

I enjoy it because of the win and outplaying the other team with teamwork.

Not because the other team got destroyed.

Except that's a self delusion. Any four man with chat can beat a pug. You aren't out-skilling anyone. That's why the enemy rage quits. Most players are solo, they want to enjoy the combat, you roll over them using chat and no talent, they then quit because that's not fun.

You then want them penalised for that so you can keep steam rolling people.

You and the terrible matchmaking are the cause of most rage quits. Rather than a quit penalty Ubi should improve their damn game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Except that's a self delusion. Any four man with chat can beat a pug. You aren't out-skilling anyone. That's why the enemy rage quits. Most players are solo, they want to enjoy the combat, you roll over them using chat and no talent, they then quit because that's not fun.

You then want them penalised for that so you can keep steam rolling people.

You and the terrible matchmaking are the cause of most rage quits. Rather than a quit penalty Ubi should improve their damn game.

Okay so you are trying to say that Teamwork takes no skill and that because teams that work together do better than teams who don't the team who chose not to use teamwork should be allowed to not only abandon the match, but also abandon their team and possibly crash the lobby?

I still can't believe any sane human being is trying knock a guy who likes using teamwork in a team based game mode lol Its the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 05:59 AM
I'd say that when you play solo there is an assumed risk of running into a premade and getting spanked by them.

I'd also say that when you play in a premade and curb stomp the pug on the other side and generally be a d-bag, then there is an assumed risk that those people will leave and find a more balanced match.

Both of these are just part of playing a game online.

So who's at fault? The solo guys? The pre made? The matchmaking system?

Doesn't matter. People are gonna play what they want to play. If Ubi won't give them a balanced match to play in, they'll go find one themselves.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 06:01 AM
Okay so you are trying to say that Teamwork takes no skill and that because teams that work together do better than teams who don't the team who chose not to use teamwork

Two things;

No, teamwork doesn't require much, if any, skill. Teams have shotcallers, you then do what they say. That's the majority of it and what gives teams a massive advantage. There is some lower level team tactical teamwork that helps win individual fights but that gives you an edge, it's not what really wins you the game.

And statistically you aren't fighting teams. You're fighting a random group of solo players.

but also abandon their team and possibly crash the lobby?

You are using the terrible matchmaking to get into games as a premade vs a pug. This ruins the experience for the other 4 players almost every game. If a member of that enemy team quits there is a chance it might crash the game and ruin it for your premade. Statistically more people have their experience ruined by you than the rage quitter.

I still can't believe any sane human being is trying knock a guy who likes using teamwork in a team based game mode lol Its the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

No one is doing that. If that's what you're reading I suggest you stop posting since it's clearly going over your head. This is a discussion about rage quitting penalties and the toxic effect of the current premade vs pug stomp matchmaker.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:07 AM
You are using the terrible matchmaking to get into games as a premade vs a pug. This ruins the experience for the other 4 players almost every game. If a member of that enemy team quits there is a chance it might crash the game and ruin it for your premade. Statistically more people have their experience ruined by you than the rage quitter.

So the fact that I choose to work with a team or try to work with whoever I am put with in a TEAM BASED OBJECTIVE GAME MODE makes ME the bad person in this situation because the solo players are choosing to not work together? And due to that choice to not work together they begin to lose badly and thus ragequit because of my choice to use teamwork to win a team based game mode.

You can't be serious.

No one is doing that. If that's what you're reading I suggest you stop posting since it's clearly going over your head. This is a discussion about rage quitting penalties and the toxic effect of the current premade vs pug stomp matchmaker.

You are actively trying to make the case that because I use teamwork in a team based mode it makes the people who choose not to do that not have fun and therefore they ragequit.

So by your logic using teamwork in a pre-made party or in a group of randoms I am the one making the game not fun for people.

Kakuzu712
05-26-2017, 06:17 AM
I don't understand any of these arguments against quit penalty other than people finding ways around it. I've rage quit in the past and having a penalty over my head would have made me think twice about it. All I'm really seeing here is people complaining about premades and "quit while you're ahead" ********. This is pretty much a community based game and wanting to penalize friends who play together or complain that you paid money so you can do whatever you want is kind of sad to hear coming from people who play and enjoy the same game I play and enjoy. I don't really have much else to add to this. It's just shocking to see what kind of arguments are coming out of the woodwork against something as beneficial as (rage) quit penalties.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 06:20 AM
So the fact that I choose to work with a team or try to work with whoever I am put with in a TEAM BASED OBJECTIVE GAME MODE makes ME the bad person in this situation because the solo players are choosing to not work together? And due to that choice to not work together they begin to lose badly and thus ragequit because of my choice to use teamwork to win a team based game mode.

You can't be serious.

Some solo people try to work together, but others just ignore everyone. That's just how team games are in solo queue. Even if they did work together the organised premade would still have the advantage.

And you are essentially exploiting the system. The matchmaker is terrible, everyone knows this, yet even with that knowledge you queue as a 4 knowing you'll stomp pugs most of the night. It's not your fault the system is ****, but it's also not the fault of the rage quitter that the game crashes. If you hold him responsible we can hold you responsible.

You are actively trying to make the case that because I use teamwork in a team based mode it makes the people who choose not to do that not have fun and therefore they ragequit.

So by your logic using teamwork in a pre-made party or in a group of randoms I am the one making the game not fun for people.

Yes and no. If you were using teamwork against other TEAMS then I'd have no issue at all. The fact that you constantly queue into pugs and then have a massive advantage which ruins the experience and causes people to rage quit I do partially blame you for, yes.

If I went into the game and spawn camped as a warlord near an edge you can guarantee people would rage quit. It's technically within the rules of the game, but it still ruins everyone else's fun. That's premades in the current game environment.

I don't understand any of these arguments against quit penalty other than people finding ways around it. I've rage quit in the past and having a penalty over my head would have made me think twice about it. All I'm really seeing here is people complaining about premades and "quit while you're ahead" ********. This is pretty much a community based game and wanting to penalize friends who play together or complain that you paid money so you can do whatever you want is kind of sad to hear coming from people who play and enjoy the same game I play and enjoy. I don't really have much else to add to this. It's just shocking to see what kind of arguments are coming out of the woodwork against something as beneficial as (rage) quit penalties.

Keep in mind this isn't ranked. People play dominion for fun. If there are people ruining the fun of a match I think quitting should be permitted. If the game was ranked then that's a whole different story.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:24 AM
If you hold him responsible we can hold you responsible.

Hold me responsible for WHAT?

Using teamwork? playing with friends?

You are out of your tree man lol

If I went into the game and spawn camped as a warlord near an edge you can guarantee people would rage quit. It's technically within the rules of the game, but it still ruins everyone else's fun. That's premades in the current game environment.

The fact you are trying to equate using teamwork with spawn camping has me in literal shock.

That_guy44
05-26-2017, 06:28 AM
They should add a forfeit option like rocket league.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:33 AM
They should add a forfeit option like rocket league.

I would be cool with this and even made a thread about this a month or so back.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 06:38 AM
It's just shocking to see what kind of arguments are coming out of the woodwork against something as beneficial as (rage) quit penalties.

Except in almost all cases, they are NOT beneficial. Ask Halo how it worked out for them (here's the hint, it didn't). The reality is that penalties stop almost nobody, they don't address the root issues (they are a lazy "feel good" non-action that only serves to alienate and push away people who play this game.

People will figure out how to avoid it, successfully and regularly, and when they can do so no longer, then anyone and everyone will be penalized for any reason and nobody will want to play the game at that point, where as prior only a few will want to play.

As I stated, most "rage quitters" are one or two offs until they find a balanced game that they enjoy, the myth of the Serial Ragequitter who quits 9/10 games doesn't exist, and implementing a penalty that does more harm than good and pushes away more players than it helps to retain is a non-solution. It won't work. It'll backfire.

I don't know how I can be any more clear than that!

S0Mi_xD
05-26-2017, 06:38 AM
I do not like CoyoteXStarrk (from as far as i know him in this forum).
But i do agree with him.

All those reasons why ragequitting is a thing are bulls-hit.

But befor i explain myself, just wait until the penalty drops, then you can judge it, its the same like in befor update 1.06(?) where Warden shouldbash was "nerfed" *cough* every warden cried loud "NOOO don't nerf shoulderbash weeeh weeeh" - after patch: Silence (except one or two noobs who couldn't play warden from the start).

Ok, now back to the topic:

1. In my For Honor "career", i ragequitted 2 times:
- first time (around 1.02) i ragequitted with my berserker against a Turtle, I waited 2 min for him to do something after i realised that he stopped attacking and went pure defensive (parry and block), just because he was losing. (now i am ashamed of me because i should have just try abit better (but i was a for honor beginner in this time, just started Berserker)
- second time it was befor season 2, a valk lagged so hard, she was constantly teleporting (it looked like the hardest lagswitch ever)

2. I never ragequitted a 4v4:
- i do often land in a 4v4 where the enemy team is leading with 800 - 200, my team (most of the time me, a second and 2 bots). And who's fault is it? Na, not the Join in progress, its because Ragequitters abondon their teams!
Most of the time i manage to bring the score up a equal lvl, you know why? Because i stay and fight.

- Grey team vs full gear team, and now? I never ragequit something like this, sure it gets abit harder, but i fight for my grey team! Do you know how many full gear ppl i wrecked with grey gear (befor season 2)? Most of them! Leaving a fight just because of gear difference is pathetic - sometimes i just take of all gear from my rep 12 Berserker and play without it :D

3. Do you know what the conseqences are when someone ragequits?

- Ragerquitter in loadingscreen (eventually because of gear difference, or "OP" Heros)
-> I loads longer, or the match crashes.

- Ragequitters in match (because they feel offended by "ganking" or "OP" heroes, or just because their team is losing)
-> Lags (sometimes it goes back some moves back and brings me in a disadvantage even if i was in advantage (i executing an enemy, and after someone in my team ragequited, the enemy was alive again and executed me because i realised it to late), losing the match for real (sometimes we even managed to win thanks to the bot who replaced the Ragequitter noob xD), or the match crashed or people get kicked(so 5-8 minutes lost, every time when someone needs to ragequite without a real reason - and to me 6 out of 10 disconnects are due to ragequitters, so therotically ragequitters did a 60% dmg on steal and exp i could have become from those matches)

Oh and fun fact: Most players who complain about low exp and low steal are most of the time who are ragequitting, so the exp and steal you are not becoming due to ragequitting are your own fault. Don't blame UBI for your ignorance.

I do welcome a pentalty for Ragequitters because...
- it will stop many people from ragequitting
- some will leave the game (i hope so)

and the result will be...
- more enjoyable matches in every mode
- less connection issues (even if it would have been easier to avoid such things with a dedicated server but that is another topic and doesn't need to be discussed here )

Edit: Hardcore ragequitters who do it via cutting the internet connection or the power, they can't be really stoped, but they will take much longer to join the game anyways.

That_guy44
05-26-2017, 06:47 AM
Instead of a penalty, why don't they just let people leave. Give them a loss. Give them no rewards. Give them a DNF ratio and pair then with other quitters.

razabak10mm
05-26-2017, 06:52 AM
I said it before. What are the odds that Ubi gets the system right? Their track record isn't great.

I see a bunch of penalties because of errors in our future.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 06:54 AM
Instead of a penalty, why don't they just let people leave. Give them a loss. Give them no rewards. Give them a DNF ratio and pair then with other quitters.

The problem with that is the type of people who do that (Selfish, immature, impatient etc etc) simply don't care enough about rewards or a loss. They just don't wanna experience the loss first hand. They just can't stand that they are being beaten or outplayed. So they throw a hissy and leave.

People who leave now already don't get rewards, XP, or loot when they leave and that still isn't enough of a deterrent.

They need to be punished with a timeout system that keeps them from getting into a new match for a certain amount of time and/or a leaver penalty like in Overwatch where you get less XP, money and Loot for having left a game for a set period of time.

If you continue to leave games then penalty is lengthened and stays on you longer. If you leave 1 game you get diminished returns for 3 games and so on and so on.

Kakuzu712
05-26-2017, 06:55 AM
Keep in mind this isn't ranked. People play dominion for fun. If there are people ruining the fun of a match I think quitting should be permitted. If the game was ranked then that's a whole different story.
But I play dominion for XP and silver, I personally find brawl more fun. PvAI should be fixed in "...an upcoming patch" (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1666274-PC-PS4-XBONE-Player-Vs-AI-(Matchmaking-Off)-Not-Receiving-Rewards?p=12632204&viewfull=1#post12632204) but until then I get my rewards and contracts as a solo on mostly Dominion PvP. People rage quitting and ruining my rewards is inexcusable. Spawn-ledging needs to be fixed before introducing quit penalties. I get that. But people ruining or potentially ruining my rewards and my enjoyment and the enjoyment of everyone else still in the match (who wants to play with/against a bot in PvP?) in a game when it's already difficult/tedious to even find a match because what? They're mad they won't win? K/A/D? Win/Loss? Ganking (In 4v4 gamemodes, mind you)? Because someone ledged/enviro-killed/talked one too many bad words to you? I don't understand. I can forgive a part of it if there was a ranked system and 'casual' games gave no rewards but that's not how this game works. I just can't bring myself to justify any of it.

C.More
05-26-2017, 07:17 AM
Wow, i'm really shocked and don't know where to start.
All the "Arguments" here make me speechless.

I'll try to get it together:

I have the right to quit and hopefully mess up the game for the whole lobby because the enemys play unfair and my teammates are trash.

Ubisoft can't take my right to mess up the game for everyone else because I paid 60$.

In addition, the game is full of bugs and anyway ****. So they're to blame for this when I quitt because I'll be thrown with people in a lobby which win.

Anyone who steamroll me is a bad player because he plays unfair and defeats me in a way I don't approve.
If I lose, the others are to blame because they do not play as I would like.

The game treats me unfair, ubisoft treats me unfair. Why can't I be matched with people who lose against me?

The penalties will be useless anyway. They'll not be able to do it and I'll find a way to avoid it and then all will be punished for it. Until no one wants to play the game and then they'll see what they did.

Everyone who doesn't share my opinion is childish and a kid, as well a ******** and *******.
Furthermore no one is allowed to share his different opinion in my thread. Mods please clean this.

...Omfg is that real? o_O

This! I totally agree.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 08:20 AM
I declare C.More the king of the Straw Man fallacy!

Way to go man, you've got the crown of *******es!

Reductio ad absurdum at it's finest.

C.More
05-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Declare what you want. No one can take this seriously.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 08:38 AM

As you can plainly see, several people do.

What no one should take seriously are yours or Coyote's commentary. They obviously serve no purpose and are just attempts at trolling and derailing discussion.

EmeraldCthulhu
05-26-2017, 08:44 AM

This, as in your post? Have to agree I guess.

As for the topic - if they ever introduce ranked play (and I'm sceptical about that, seeing how fast and efficiant they change things) then quitting penalty is a must. With a concede vote opion, but that's to the side.

Other than that, I think a game has to earn the right to punish people leaving. If you can deliver a balanced, enjoyable experiance, but salty players are still quitting, then sure, punish.

For Honor doesn't even come close to being balanced enought to justify any kind of penalty. It will just cut down the player base even more. Not a good idea.

kweassa1917
05-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Wow, i'm really shocked and don't know where to start.
All the "Arguments" here make me speechless.

I'll try to get it together:

I have the right to quit and hopefully mess up the game for the whole lobby because the enemys play unfair and my teammates are trash.

Ubisoft can't take my right to mess up the game for everyone else because I paid 60$.

In addition, the game is full of bugs and anyway ****. So they're to blame for this when I quitt because I'll be thrown with people in a lobby which win.

Anyone who steamroll me is a bad player because he plays unfair and defeats me in a way I don't approve.
If I lose, the others are to blame because they do not play as I would like.

The game treats me unfair, ubisoft treats me unfair. Why can't I be matched with people who lose against me?

The penalties will be useless anyway. They'll not be able to do it and I'll find a way to avoid it and then all will be punished for it. Until no one wants to play the game and then they'll see what they did.

Everyone who doesn't share my opinion is childish and a kid, as well a ******** and *******.
Furthermore no one is allowed to share his different opinion in my thread. Mods please clean this.

Yep. Sums it up nicely.

...Omfg is that real? o_O

You better believe, brah. That's the kind of people we deal with everyday.

It's like the local spoilsport brat in your playground. There's always one in every town when you are growing up.

The kid that wants to get in everyone's game, be a part of everything, and then as soon as it becomes apparent he can't win, he calls it quits, ruining the fun for everyone. He basically stays and plays only in the game he wins.

So what happens to brats like that? They get shunned from the other children. Nobody wants to play with people like that. So a child acting in such bad taste and twisted sense of moral, usually confront hostile reactions from others, and then realizes such attitudes aren't accepted in the society. This process is called "socialization" -- you learn the common rules and ethics to function as a healthy member of the society.

But in a game, real-life actions are limited -- so of course, the devs do it for us. Simple, easy to understand.

Who knows. Mebbe after enough reprimandations, they finally realize they don't got no right to quit whenever they want -- at least, not at the expense of other people's time and effort made waste.

Like it or not, if you walk into a part of a team, you've got a basic commitment to that situation, and when you walk into a game, you've got obligations to see it through until its end, and then accept wins humbly, and admit defeat graciously.

If you can't do that, you don't deserve to play anything with anyone.

Tyrjo
05-26-2017, 08:50 AM
A quit penalty is very much needed. It might actually increase the stability of 4v4 games and there will most likely be less "reconfigurations" during the matches.

I don't know how many times my opponent has quit on me after the duel was lost. It is so lame. :(

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 08:56 AM
A quit penalty is very much needed. It might actually increase the stability of 4v4 games and there will most likely be less "reconfigurations" during the matches.

I don't know how many times my opponent has quit on me after the duel was lost. It is so lame. :(

Boohoo, somebody quit on you. Were you cheesing or using an OP character? The answer is probably yes, and I would not be remotely surprised.

As for your assertion that 4v4's are "seriously unstable" because of quitters, that's hardly true. I've been booted out of 4v4 games for simply being kick-spammed by 4x Centurions. I was in a corner, they didn't even try to kill me, they just kept me locked in place and kick spammed. That's griefing and trolling on an epic level, why shouldn't I be able to quit from that scenario if I wanted to?

The game as it is now is best off without adding additional penalties to the already egregious experience of playing this game.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 09:16 AM

So if someone quits the game, which they're allowed to do, you want them punished because Ubisoft can't code for ****?

In that case if someone plays centurion in 4v4, which they're allowed to do, I want them punished because Ubisoft can't balance for ****.

Also, if a 4 man premade queues into my PUG, which they're allowed to do, I want them punished because Ubisoft can't design a matchmaker for ****.

Starting to see the issue?

bananaflow2017
05-26-2017, 09:27 AM
So this is the kind of Player ruin the game for 7 others just because they mimimi.....
Never seen something egoistic like this.
I also think it would be a nice solution that u allways rejoin the game u quittet until it's over....
Go cry in Hello Kitty online ir sth. I think this game belong better to u.

S0Mi_xD
05-26-2017, 09:29 AM
Boohoo, somebody quit on you. Were you cheesing or using an OP character? The answer is probably yes, and I would not be remotely surprised.

As for your assertion that 4v4's are "seriously unstable" because of quitters, that's hardly true. I've been booted out of 4v4 games for simply being kick-spammed by 4x Centurions. I was in a corner, they didn't even try to kill me, they just kept me locked in place and kick spammed. That's griefing and trolling on an epic level, why shouldn't I be able to quit from that scenario if I wanted to?

The game as it is now is best off without adding additional penalties to the already egregious experience of playing this game.

Wow, what attidue from someone who claims that all other who not share his opinion are only trolls.
Let me say it in your words: "Boohoo, some player cornered you in a 4v4" .....

Also "Were you cheesing or using an OP character? The answer is probably yes, and I would not be remotely surprised."
Those words of you are stating, that you are a sore loser. Do you know why? Because with those lines you say indirectly that you are one of them who feels offended due to chees or "OP" Chars (also there are no OP characters in For Honor - OP has a strong meaning, and currently no char is unbeatable, the only problem is, that there is a big gap between the viability of abilities in the current meta)

If someone cheeses you, then finish the match and leave after it is over.
(In 1v1 or 2v2, there should be a chance in the first round only leaving without a penalty to avoid trolls etc. or a ingame "ignore-function" to not match up with a offending players)

Currently MORE than half of the connection issues occure BECAUSE of leaving players. THIS IS A FACT.

Just because you are one of those ragequitters and the annoucement already hurts you, it doesn't mean that the majority of the players needs to follow the ideology of your little world.

Dude_of_Valor
05-26-2017, 10:09 AM
If you can't handle a loss and thus must rage quit, then maybe this game is not for you.

SetMySail4Fail
05-26-2017, 10:32 AM
If you really believe that punishing qutitting players will help this game you are wrong.

Usually people quit matches because they are getting stomped. And why is that? Mainly because of the non-existent matchmaking. If you punish these players for not wanting to get shredded, well you'll soon be left with premades only. That is exactly what happened to Battleborn. Just like For Honor, Battleborn lost 80% of it's playerbase within the first months (Steamcharts), the game also had a punishment for the people who left. You can not join another game until the one you left is over.
What happened?

1.) People started to team up because Premade > PUG,
2.) it became more and more difficult to have fun as a soloplayer due to 1.),
3.) teams/players that were outmatched by 1.) and quit anyways or went AFK

Today there are on average 85 people playing, 85 left from 12.000 initially.

If you really want this game to succeed in the future you have to establish a matchmaking that is actually working! No more Rep 1 vs. Rep 15 fights, no more Premade vs. New-Guys PUG. And you have to work on the connection errors. That way everyone can have more fun with For Honor. Otherwise people will not quit matches but this game as a whole. Then you'll be left with a couple of hundred players on average and ten you'll come to the forum to open threads like "Shrinking playerbase? What's going on", "Can't find matches anymore..." or "Always getting stomped by premades wtf??!!=!=!1111"

All of the above beeing said, I still believe that 90% of the matches end because of errrors not because of someone ragequitting.

Currently MORE than half of the connection issues occure BECAUSE of leaving players. THIS IS A FACT.

Out of curiostiy, where did you get these numbers from? Is there some sort of spreadsheet with official numbers?

Dhaleks
05-26-2017, 10:52 AM
Currently MORE than half of the connection issues occure BECAUSE of leaving players. THIS IS A FACT..

There is no proof whatsoever that quitters are causing crashes or freezes...
Adding a punishment system before adressing the countless stability and connection issues is such a bad move, gg Ubi.

bananaflow2017
05-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Adding a punishment system before adressing the countless stability and connection issues is such a bad move, gg Ubi.

Hmmm most of my matches getting crashed happen while an execution or in the last second of a match. U can also see what player is quitting....
But Yes tottally random.....

C.More
05-26-2017, 11:56 AM

If Ubi can manage the difference between Disconnects and quitter, then it's fine.
Don't know how safe the method is, but if it doesn't work as intended and flag disconnects as ragequits, i'm sure a massive ****storm turn us very fast back to status quo until they've reworked it.

And if it works as intended, we will see if the quitters really are the biggest part of the stability problem.
It's a bit risky, but if that could solve most of the connection problems, i'm glad that they're willing to try it.

Dhaleks
05-26-2017, 01:08 PM
And if it works as intended, we will see if the quitters really are the biggest part of the stability problem.

I really doubt they are. I've seen plenty of people getting DD right at the end of dominion matches, eventhough they were in the winning team. Obviously they aren't ragequitters, more likely people affected by the black screen/freeze bug that was introduced months ago with the 1.03 patch.

Ontari
05-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah, there is a big problem with that.

On the one hand, you have guys who magically leave when you execute them, or when they team is obliterated, or when they loose a duel to 0.

On the other hand, you have guys which leave simultaniously, at random moments of a match, or as was said at the same point at the end, even if they win. I was also experiencing disconnect problems, but they are fewer now.

So I think that they should first work on the game's stability, and then move on to ragequitters, to make sure that people who are leaving due to game' problems are not punished. It is already infuriating when you have a good and long dominion match and then some error pops out, and all of it is lost. If I were to be additionaly punished for that, I think that I would reach my treshold of bull**it.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:08 PM

And Rhodri wonders why people laugh at him and don't take him seriously.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IMuqnp96sdhyE/giphy.gif

Ulnias
05-26-2017, 02:38 PM

except let me enlighten you here for jsut a sec. You are possibly the reason people are being screwed out of their matches because ya don't like how someone plays? grow up. We (the other people playing besides you) also have to go through the terrible matchmaking, and the lengthy matchmaking issue as well. so why should we be punished cause you are spoiled and butthurt. i have sat through a many games in all modes dealing with the ********. am i crying on the forums... no. I bear through it hoping some asshat doesn't quit and waste my time... So yeah the rage quit penalty needs to happen, and get more severe for the ones that do it all the time.

Don't just think about yourself.

DeLatv
05-26-2017, 02:43 PM
They shouldnt punish people who just leave, but punish people who use alt f4, to crash server and punish every one

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 03:01 PM
I was thinking that the game is so untable that probably will kick you out anyway, so lets just hope it will kick us in the right moment.

"Full 144 premade vs full grey ? Who cares, play it, if you quit we will punish you, because you need to get steamrolled for 10 minutes by a full group. "
"Sure we could adjust our matchmaking, but who really cares ?"

Why instead they do not use the time they are wasting to punish the quitters to actually fix the whole game ? Since it seems still in a pre beta build ? Just saying.

Logic here reaches over 9000.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 04:49 PM
And Rhodri wonders why people laugh at him and don't take him seriously.

The cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias here is exemplary!

Coyote only sees what he wants to see, even though it's quite clearly shown throughout this thread and others that there are those that not only take me seriously, but agree with me and/or respect my take on this situation!

Like, how weird is that?

C.More
05-26-2017, 04:53 PM
"Full 144 premade vs full grey ? Who cares, play it, if you quit we will punish you, because you need to get steamrolled for 10 minutes by a full group. "

You're right. Just like that. Grab your balls and whoop their asses, cause often enough they're not so good as the gearscore makes you believe. And hopefully they won't quit as usual when they take a proper beating from a non-rep-grey-crew. Thx to the penalty.

"Sure we could adjust our matchmaking, but who really cares ?"
They'll do. It's already been announced.

Why instead they do not use the time they are wasting to punish the quitters to actually fix the whole game ? Just saying.
Why instead the quitters don't use the time they're wasting at the forum with complaining about everything in the game, to actually learn how to handle a lose / the spamming / the cheeze / the "OP" Chars?

Sir_rage_quit
05-26-2017, 04:53 PM
im all for ragequit penalty but Ubi are better make sure that DC dont bring this penalty with it to And also matchmaking need to be fix ....to many time pug are facing premade and get stomped that aint fun for sure. Otherwise bring that penalty people wil probably less honor my name

S0Mi_xD
05-26-2017, 05:00 PM
If you really believe that punishing qutitting players will help this game you are wrong.

Usually people quit matches because they are getting stomped. And why is that? Mainly because of the non-existent matchmaking. If you punish these players for not wanting to get shredded, well you'll soon be left with premades only. That is exactly what happened to Battleborn. Just like For Honor, Battleborn lost 80% of it's playerbase within the first months (Steamcharts), the game also had a punishment for the people who left. You can not join another game until the one you left is over.
What happened?

1.) People started to team up because Premade > PUG,
2.) it became more and more difficult to have fun as a soloplayer due to 1.),
3.) teams/players that were outmatched by 1.) and quit anyways or went AFK

Today there are on average 85 people playing, 85 left from 12.000 initially.

If you really want this game to succeed in the future you have to establish a matchmaking that is actually working! No more Rep 1 vs. Rep 15 fights, no more Premade vs. New-Guys PUG. And you have to work on the connection errors. That way everyone can have more fun with For Honor. Otherwise people will not quit matches but this game as a whole. Then you'll be left with a couple of hundred players on average and ten you'll come to the forum to open threads like "Shrinking playerbase? What's going on", "Can't find matches anymore..." or "Always getting stomped by premades wtf??!!=!=!1111"

All of the above beeing said, I still believe that 90% of the matches end because of errrors not because of someone ragequitting.

Out of curiostiy, where did you get these numbers from? Is there some sort of spreadsheet with official numbers?

Those "numbers" (which i never mentioned ) are a estimated amount out of experience playing this game for 3 months.

Na, sure there is no proof that most crashes and freezes occure only after someone leaves because our team is losing, or he was ganked by the enemy team - after asking him "what is wrong, why quitting" getting an nice answer like estimated "F*ck You".
This happens all the time, but sure it's Ubis fault and a penalty will be useless. (this is sarcasm, for those who don't understand it)

Specialkha
05-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Ppl are already leaving the game according to steamcharts. And while steamcharts is only players through steam, I do not see why it would be so different on console or uplay only players.

Xavyn
05-26-2017, 05:30 PM
Absolutely false.

Even if point #1 were true, and "90% of the community is happy", that means nothing except Argumentum ad Populum. Argument by popularity/ Argument from the majority, the logical fallacy that infers that just because "a majority" of people believe something to be true or good, means that it is so.

It is only a fallacy of you are using it to say something is true because the majority accept it. However if it is being used as evidence toward the best conclusion it is perfectly reasonable.

Supercool5150
05-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Personally I feel if someone wants to quit...it's their right to quit. Should there be a punishment? I don't know...I mean what's the point? The problem I have is when someone quits, the whole ****ing game crashes. If the game didn't crash I would play with BOTs...No big deal...I just like to cut off heads...I don't care whose it is, they all pop off the same. But be careful who you accuse of rage quitting though. I play a lot player vs AI and we could be smoking the BOTs to the point the BOT team is breaking and then the session owner disconnects. I can't believe that would be on purpose when we are so far ahead. So I guess what I'm saying is, until the stability issues are fixed for everyone...Why are we even discussing this? To penalize? Not to penalize? Coyote you paid good money for the game, play the way you want. Rhodri, your money is just as good as Coyote's or anyone else's play the way you want. Neither of you is wrong. If you 2 guys would actually agree on something sometime you could be very influential on these forums. For good or evil.....:cool:

tracer.prime
05-26-2017, 06:21 PM
if people don't wanna fight you they are allowed to leave this isn't ****ing ranked matches

C.More
05-26-2017, 06:49 PM
The problem I have is when someone quits, the whole ****ing game crashes.

You got it.
It's exactly this specific point.
If the game wouldn't crash through that, nobody would care about quitting the session.

That_guy44
05-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Question. Do i have to stay and endure a full match of 2v1 and emote spam in brawl because my teammate left me in round 1?

Supercool5150
05-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Question. Do i have to stay and endure a full match of 2v1 and emote spam in brawl because my teammate left me in round 1?

Not fair, but to avoid penalty...Probably. But I do think you should get the other persons steel and exp (in addition to yours) for sticking around.

Alustar.
05-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Absolutely false.

lol!!! I lovebirds that line! "Punishment for premades" so wait you mean to tell me you want to punish a group of players doing something the game was designed to let them do?

Didn't you just argue that very thing in regards to the quit game button being a function of the game?

Player gratification and Stability of the game are the primary concerns here. If you are going to just arbitrarily quit matches why even bother playing at this point?

Xavyn
05-26-2017, 07:12 PM
The cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias here is exemplary!

Coyote only sees what he wants to see, even though it's quite clearly shown throughout this thread and others that there are those that not only take me seriously, but agree with me and/or respect my take on this situation!

Like, how weird is that?

Did you learn a few philosophical terms and now think it makes you feel smart to brow beat people with them? You misapplied the ad populem fallacy earlier and now are conflating a difference of opinion with confirmation bias. I think you need to take a few more courses. And no this isn't an ad hominem before you even try it.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Did you learn a few philosophical terms and now think it makes you feel smart to brow beat people with them? You misapplied the ad populem fallacy earlier and now are conflating a difference of opinion with confirmation bias. I think you need to take a few more courses. And no this isn't an ad hominem before you even try it.

Xavyn, I actually didn't misapply the ad populum fallacy earlier. You apparently didn't read the quoted text, which was Coyote claiming that "90% of the community supported a quit penalty" which is an argument from the majority fallacy as well as a rather exaggerated claim.

Also no, I am not conflating difference of opinion with confirmation bias. Again, the quoted text as context makes that clear. Coyote is claiming that "Rhodri wonders why people laugh at him and don't take him seriously" to which I retort that "not only are people taking me seriously, they are agreeing with me".

The fact that there are several posts in this thread as example of this lends to the accusation of confirmation bias, in that Coyote only sees that which he wants to see when it agrees with his preconceived opinion.

If you're going to argue with me, at least be somewhat good at it, because I'm dancing circles around you.

SetMySail4Fail
05-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Those "numbers" (which i never mentioned ) are a estimated amount out of experience playing this game for 3 months.

Yeah but then it's not a "fact" like you said but rather your perception.

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 07:37 PM
You're right. Just like that. Grab your balls and whoop their asses, cause often enough they're not so good as the gearscore makes you believe. And hopefully they won't quit as usual when they take a proper beating from a non-rep-grey-crew. Thx to the penalty.

They'll do. It's already been announced.

Why instead the quitters don't use the time they're wasting at the forum with complaining about everything in the game, to actually learn how to handle a lose / the spamming / the cheeze / the "OP" Chars?
"Pro players" showed us that is not possible to actually handle the cheese and the op class. Abusing cheesie moves is your only option to come out these situation with a a chance. So again embrace the meta or die under it.

So nope to any penalty. First fix the broken game THEN we can talk bout it

rossato2109
05-26-2017, 07:43 PM

I agree with you, there are already penalties for quitting:

1- no steel gain
2- no xp gain
3- no item gain

What Ubisoft is trying to do is to pass THEIR responsability to the players for the unstable conections. NO matter the reason, someone dcing or quitting shouldn't cause others to disconect. THATS THE MAIN THING. Ubisoft refuses to take the blaim for the terrible conections in this game and so blaiming people that quit is one of the ways they found to dodge the responsability.

What they need is to FIX THE DAMN CONECTION ISSUES. With that in place, people quitting or dcing wouldn't affect others.

rossato2109
05-26-2017, 07:46 PM

Don't bother replying to that guy, all he does is spending 24 hours in these forums, its creepy to say the least.

C.More
05-26-2017, 08:07 PM
I do think you should get the other persons steel and exp (in addition to yours) for sticking around.
THAT is a f*ckin great idea! :D Love it!
The devs should really think about that.

S0Mi_xD
05-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Yeah but then it's not a "fact" like you said but rather your perception.

Ask Ubi for numbers, if there wouldn't be a problem with players leaving matches, Ubi wouldn't bother with adding a Penalty.....

I don't wanna take the effort for something, that everyone of us experienced many times.

From the current moment, be honest with yourself.
1. Go play your game as you always do.
2. Note for youself how often a lag occured and how often people ragequit on you (in 1v1)
what class are you playing? Just take a class that is declared as "cancer" by the whinie part of the community.
In my case it happens most of the time when i play Conqu, but it happens enought times with every other class. (and no i do not turle, i am an aggressive player, and no i am not a spammer, i use ever tool - even the zone of conqu (fun fact: ppl ragequit sometime on losing to Conqus Zone attack.... it's ridiculous )
Note it in any mode you want, it is easy to see if a game crash after someone leaves or if it is just a lag.
3. Compare it, there are your own facts....

You should have experenced it as well, except you are one of these people who are quitting just by looking on the Gear score ... or other "reasons"

C.More
05-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Ask Ubi for numbers, if there wouldn't be a problem with players leaving matches, Ubi wouldn't bother with adding a Penalty.....

The question if quitters cause more stability issues at a p2p based multiplayer game, and the whole discussion about it, reminds me of the "stopham / stop a dbag movement" where these russian drivers insist that the walkway is a street and they're allowed to drive there.

Btw, they're by far more entertaining. I couldn't stop bingewatching their yt channel after the first clip. XD

ugurbu
05-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Everything that was said pro rage-quit-penalty I agree with 100%. Today alone I had multiple crashes because someone left at some point. Dominion, elimination, 2v2- it doesn't matter. As soon as those kinds of people get killed or see that they are losing they quit and ruin the experience for the rest of the players.

Rage-quitters are who drag this game down. Seriously, if you can't stand losing then this is the wrong game for you. Simple.

And on a side-note, I actually had to laugh at those two people arguing with that Coyote bloke about how a group of friends playing together in a game mode that is designed for friends to play together are bad people and should be punished.

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 09:53 PM
Can't wait for the day this update drops and I am now forced to
- Fight turtlelords in duels
- Give ****ters in duels the time of day
- Remain a dominion games I join midsession where the score is 800-100
- Remain in games when literally everyone but me lags out.
- Remain in games when my entire team lags out.

How about instead of punishing quitting, Ubisoft ask themselves WHY people are quitting, and then work to correct those issues?

Netcode_err_404
05-26-2017, 09:55 PM

How about instead of punishing quitting, Ubisoft ask themselves WHY people are quitting, and then work to correct those issues?

Whats all this logic ? Go away sir, we don't need logic responses here. Just pretend all is fine, and smile.

CrunaCross
05-26-2017, 11:23 PM
You don't start a game you don't plan to finish. simple as that. If you quit because you get frustrated, you play the wrong game. There are many games that you can quit any time you want. Like Bejeweled on your phone.

BeefMan_
05-26-2017, 11:27 PM
You don't start a game you don't plan to finish. simple as that. If you quit because you get frustrated, you play the wrong game. There are many games that you can quit any time you want. Like Bejeweled on your phone.

Don't even pretend like this isn't a casual game

Jasemir
05-26-2017, 11:34 PM
I'm so happy quitters will be punished.

Me as a person who plays fair, never quits even when I get angry from time to time, feels really terrible when the matches crashes because people rage quit. And not just one but sometimes few during one match. The biggest issue is when it's almost on the end of it. Why my game experience needs to be ruined like that? At least knowing now that this kind of folks are going to get punished, it will bring me hope for a better game and more pleasurable experience through time.

Rage quitter thinks he's wasting his time because of "reasons"? Well, unfortunately you're also wasting other people time because of your childish game approach. And that is a problem. A problem that gladly will be punished. :) L2P

CrunaCross
05-26-2017, 11:57 PM
I'm so happy quitters will be punished.

Me as a person who plays fair, never quits even when I get angry from time to time, feels really terrible when the matches crashes because people rage quit. And not just one but sometimes few during one match. The biggest issue is when it's almost on the end of it. Why my game experience needs to be ruined like that? At least knowing now that this kind of folks are going to get punished, it will bring me hope for a better game and more pleasurable experience through time.

Rage quitter thinks he's wasting his time because of "reasons"? Well, unfortunately you're also wasting other people time because of your childish game approach. And that is a problem. A problem that gladly will be punished. :) L2P
Couldn't have said it better.

Nativ_Toola
05-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Finally !!! Thank you ubi, Of course, if you had made it for.... i don't know, the launch of the game and not 4 month later, that was much better, but hey, better late than never.

But if we think it really, the true anti rage quit system gonna be the Ranked. the people who rage quit gonna finish with a copper rank, so we finally gonna get rid of them, and they gonna be doomed to play between rage quitter, and they gonna come on the forum *****ing about the rage quit punishment who is not enough. That gonna be fun.

CrunaCross
05-27-2017, 12:38 AM
Finally !!! Thank you ubi, Of course, if you had made it for.... i don't know, the launch of the game and not 4 month later, that was much better, but hey, better late than never.

But if we think it really, the true anti rage quit system gonna be the Ranked. the people who rage quit gonna finish with a copper rank, so we finally gonna get rid of them, and they gonna be doomed to play between rage quitter, and they gonna come on the forum *****ing about the rage quit punishment who is not enough. That gonna be fun.

Rage quitters stuck together with rage quitters. Oh I love the sound of that. It would be heaven. They really waste everybody's time

Mia.Nora
05-27-2017, 01:03 AM
I said it on a similar other thread; Premades Queue has to be separated from Solo-Queues for quit punishment to work.

I agree it would mean longer queue times for premade, but it is their choice; go premade vs other premades for however it may wait in queue; or just solo-queue if you dont want to wait.

But successful companies dont get to ruin gameplay experience of soloqueuer pugs by matching them vs premades. It is an industry standard, where in its absense you get a Battleborn with 78 concurrent players left (literally).

VestiaryKarma55
05-27-2017, 01:13 AM
I disagree, People should be given a penalty for rage quitting that's why the servers are crap because people keep leaving and the game has to reload and put in a bot because some is mad because some obviously has more skillet the game. I agree with having at least a 30 minute penalty. If not penalty could you please some how make it where all the XP you earn during the game you keep if it kicks you out because I have played dozens of games where I do really good with about 25 kills but I lose connection because someone left or a whole team and I get no XP. Or maybe make a ranking system for people and their skills. Please look into this.

D4rkgrizzly
05-27-2017, 01:18 AM
I'm against a quit penalty. A lot of the issues are with the game engine/net-code/design. Now, when Ranked mode is introduced that will be another issue.

S0Mi_xD
05-27-2017, 01:22 AM

Easy answered ;) because of the ignorance of some people, in this world ... there are stupid people.... everywhere...

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/75/75ff95a32bb0313e3bc8869bcd5405a636dbfc304d7ae5c7ae f31b9eb232f943.jpg

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder18/500x/53333018.jpg

And some Tipps from the internet for ragequitter.

https://img.memecdn.com/the-less-you-care_fb_388051.jpg

http://memeguy.com/photos/images/whenever-the-same-people-talk-about-bad-service-everywhere-they-go-21849.jpg

CrunaCross
05-27-2017, 01:57 AM
Rage quitters will be punished and they are even raging here against their planned punishment... oh man. Rage quit this thread then ;)

Dragoon7272
05-27-2017, 05:32 AM
i laugh at their attempts to stop the rage quitting, they CLAIM they can tell the difference between alt f4, Force closing and a true disconnect, which i not only call a load of horse ****, but i stand by what i said months back, how the hell are they going to know if i pull the plug from my internet, that WILL simulate a disconnect, if i keep it unplugged for 5 minutes i can gurantee i would avoid a leavers/rage quit penalty, and if i don't then i'll just keep it unplugged for the duration of what a match would be (aprox 30 minutes at the absolute most). they truely cannot avoid this from happening and they would be better off implementing a better matchmaking system rather then tring to punish people that leave the games.

also i want to know how they're going to deal with people that have legitimate horrible bad connections, because i have a friend who had a horrible internet connection and when it would be raining in his area it wasn't uncommon for him to drop for 2-3 minutes and to pop back online and his connection would be stable after that are they going to punish players that have horrible internet as well? because if so they're just going to lose out on more people playing the game.

InsertNameHereJ
05-27-2017, 06:01 AM
Maybe if the matchmaking wasn't so bloody awful, the rage quitting wouldn't be so bad. Of course, that would rely on the devs actually fixing something. And I agree with Dragoon, what about people with spotty internet? Punish them too? That's about as fair as four people under level 10 fighting against players who are all prestige 13+, oh wait, that happens all the time. As I like to say, if the devs got anymore useless we'd be making games for them.

Egotistic_Ez
05-27-2017, 06:02 AM
https://img.memecdn.com/the-less-you-care_fb_388051.jpg

Maybe try some of your own medicine? If you really didn't care you wouldn't have spent the last 15 pages, to say nothing of the last couple of months, petitioning for a rage quit penalty.

i laugh at their attempts to stop the rage quitting, they CLAIM they can tell the difference between alt f4, Force closing and a true disconnect, which i not only call a load of horse ****, but i stand by what i said months back, how the hell are they going to know if i pull the plug from my internet, that WILL simulate a disconnect, if i keep it unplugged for 5 minutes i can gurantee i would avoid a leavers/rage quit penalty, and if i don't then i'll just keep it unplugged for the duration of what a match would be (aprox 30 minutes at the absolute most). they truely cannot avoid this from happening and they would be better off implementing a better matchmaking system rather then tring to punish people that leave the games.

also i want to know how they're going to deal with people that have legitimate horrible bad connections, because i have a friend who had a horrible internet connection and when it would be raining in his area it wasn't uncommon for him to drop for 2-3 minutes and to pop back online and his connection would be stable after that are they going to punish players that have horrible internet as well? because if so they're just going to lose out on more people playing the game.

They can tell when you force quit the program externally, but no, they can't tell the difference between pulling your net and losing the p2p connection.

As for the bad net, most companies take the stance of "buy decent net if you want to play online so we're gonna penalise you if you dc". But that doesn't really work with For Honor error spam.

Xavyn
05-27-2017, 07:29 AM
Xavyn, I actually didn't misapply the ad populum fallacy earlier. You apparently didn't read the quoted text, which was Coyote claiming that "90% of the community supported a quit penalty" which is an argument from the majority fallacy as well as a rather exaggerated claim.

Also no, I am not conflating difference of opinion with confirmation bias. Again, the quoted text as context makes that clear. Coyote is claiming that "Rhodri wonders why people laugh at him and don't take him seriously" to which I retort that "not only are people taking me seriously, they are agreeing with me".

The fact that there are several posts in this thread as example of this lends to the accusation of confirmation bias, in that Coyote only sees that which he wants to see when it agrees with his preconceived opinion.

If you're going to argue with me, at least be somewhat good at it, because I'm dancing circles around you.

The ad populem fallacy only applies if you are saying something is TRUE because the majority accept it. Using the majority position as a piece of evidence is perfectly reasonable.

As for the confirmation bias thing, I will concede that I didn't realize it was in reference to a specific comment Coyote made.

S0Mi_xD
05-27-2017, 08:17 AM
Maybe try some of your own medicine? If you really didn't care you wouldn't have spent the last 15 pages, to say nothing of the last couple of months, petitioning for a rage quit penalty.

You are misjudging the situation ;)
I don't really care about this thread, because the Penalty will come anyways.

It is funny to read those poor excuses (most of them), and sometimes i want to state my opinion as well.
What do you want to hear about the last months?

DerToSch
05-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Quitter penalty? So... did they figure out a way to differentiate between Quitters and the constant disconnects? 'Cause this game is far from stable connectionwise. If they simply punish everbdy who "leaves" this would be pretty unfortunate.

XxHunterHxX
05-27-2017, 08:34 AM
I love what is see....that is For Honor losing another 20-30% of his community with another stupid worthless update ! Nice Job !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoRJIL_EGWk

Keep going Ubisoft keep going cant w8 for Far Cry 5 to flop i mean if you played the division/for honor/wildlands hell if you played Far Cry Primal then then i think you had enough of the copy paste ******** + tons of bugs nothing working right etc

SetMySail4Fail
05-27-2017, 09:41 AM

I don't wanna take the effort for something, that everyone of us experienced many times.

From the current moment, be honest with yourself.
1. Go play your game as you always do.
2. Note for youself how often a lag occured and how often people ragequit on you (in 1v1)
what class are you playing? Just take a class that is declared as "cancer" by the whinie part of the community.
In my case it happens most of the time when i play Conqu, but it happens enought times with every other class. (and no i do not turle, i am an aggressive player, and no i am not a spammer, i use ever tool - even the zone of conqu (fun fact: ppl ragequit sometime on losing to Conqus Zone attack.... it's ridiculous )
Note it in any mode you want, it is easy to see if a game crash after someone leaves or if it is just a lag.
3. Compare it, there are your own facts....

You should have experenced it as well, except you are one of these people who are quitting just by looking on the Gear score ... or other "reasons"

Okay okay, just to make clear; I wasn't trying to be rude or anything I was just curious. The point I was trying to make is, that it's in 9 out of 10 times hard to tell whether people quit on purpose or because of connection errors. And thus it's not necessarily a fact. But I get where you are coming from.

Im actually playing SHugoki and anyone who claims this guy to be "cancer" or OP in anyway should take a far step back from this game. Got to admit though that I've only had one player leaving on purpose after I defeated him 0-3 in 1vs1. I'm sure he quit on purpose since it was only seconds after I hit him/executed him.

Horus-31
05-27-2017, 02:40 PM
The comparison with Overwatch was mentionned earlier. So, Overwatch has:
1. All heroes unlocked from the start and playable for every player;
2. Experience and in-game money that can only buy cosmetics, not stat buffs;
3. An ELO-matchmaking system that actually works and is based on skill, not level or time played;
4. Stable dedicated servers;
5. A penalty for quitting during matches.

Yeah, let’s ignore points 1 to 4 and copy-paste point 5 from Blizzard. Well done again, Ubisoft!

We need a facepalm emoji…

Knight_Raime
05-27-2017, 06:03 PM

1) The game not having ideal MM is not a valid excuse for potentially ending the game for everyone.

2) you're allowed to quit. That doesn't mean you're free from consequences.

3) That's not a penalty. A penalty is supposed to deter most from quitting. Since people are leaving a lot we can say it's not an effective "penalty."

4) None of the ways you listed get around the quit penalty. This isn't the year 2000 anymore. Developers have the tools to be able to tell when and why you leave. they would absolutely be able to tell the difference between you pulling your internet versus the server hiccuping and you getting bumped out. Halo reach was the first game I can think of where this really came into public.

The main reason a quit penalty is being added in is because unlike say a cod game where you quitting has a debatable impact the connection system in FH means anyone who quits for legit reasons or not has the potential to end the game for one or more other individuals. Obviously the way they decided to setup the system in this game is not our fault as a community. And they continue to work on stability. But that will not remove this possibility completely. they'ed have to change their system entirely. which is for all intent impossible to do.

The "I paid money" argument is also not a valid excuse. You according to ToS paid for the right to play. You don't have any other right. They can punish you all they want as long as you continue to play. and running into "toxic, premade, ganks" is not another valid excuse. Ganks will happen with or without premade teams. The attitude of entitlement of which you clearly have been expressing is toxic. and nothing is wrong with premade teams.

For honor doesn't have the population at this time to split the playerbase with group and solo que. They can and should continue to tweak matches so this happens less often. Also it not being ranked also isn't an excuse to waive a quit penalty. Because we go right back to point 1. someone quitting has the potential to end the game for one or more other players.

If we lived in a perfect world quitting wouldn't potentially end the game. Ranked would exist. and MM would be more fine tuned. but they are working on it. Rank is coming. and they are always working on the MM experience. they are actually working on a new way to match players as we speak. But everything comes back to the one simple fact. quitting legitly impacts other players in a massive way. and it's because of that that quitting penalties need to exist sooner than later.

Knight_Raime
05-27-2017, 06:06 PM
The comparison with Overwatch was mentionned earlier. So, Overwatch has:
1. All heroes unlocked from the start and playable for every player;
2. Experience and in-game money that can only buy cosmetics, not stat buffs;
3. An ELO-matchmaking system that actually works and is based on skill, not level or time played;
4. Stable dedicated servers;
5. A penalty for quitting during matches.

Yeah, let’s ignore points 1 to 4 and copy-paste point 5 from Blizzard. Well done again, Ubisoft!

We need a facepalm emoji…

1) For honor isn't the only hero based game where you had to unlock heros. and at least you had access to all base heros. just couldn't customize them. Games like rainbow six you had to actually buy them. same with titanfall 2.
2) stats are not inherintely bad. Injustice 2 has a gear system. but they have matching for both with and without gear. The stats right now are balanced near perfectly and really don't swing fights as much.
3) You realize the skill system didn't start at launch. Nor has it ever been perfect. it's still being adjusted.
4) Dedi's are not perfect. and people should stop glorifying that.

XxHunterHxX
05-27-2017, 06:10 PM
i like how you all argue while ubisoft just dosent care

C.More
05-27-2017, 07:39 PM
1) The game not having ideal MM is not a valid excuse for potentially ending the game for everyone.

2) you're allowed to quit. That doesn't mean you're free from consequences.

3) That's not a penalty. A penalty is supposed to deter most from quitting. Since people are leaving a lot we can say it's not an effective "penalty."

4) None of the ways you listed get around the quit penalty. This isn't the year 2000 anymore. Developers have the tools to be able to tell when and why you leave. they would absolutely be able to tell the difference between you pulling your internet versus the server hiccuping and you getting bumped out. Halo reach was the first game I can think of where this really came into public.

The main reason a quit penalty is being added in is because unlike say a cod game where you quitting has a debatable impact the connection system in FH means anyone who quits for legit reasons or not has the potential to end the game for one or more other individuals. Obviously the way they decided to setup the system in this game is not our fault as a community. And they continue to work on stability. But that will not remove this possibility completely. they'ed have to change their system entirely. which is for all intent impossible to do.

The "I paid money" argument is also not a valid excuse. You according to ToS paid for the right to play. You don't have any other right. They can punish you all they want as long as you continue to play. and running into "toxic, premade, ganks" is not another valid excuse. Ganks will happen with or without premade teams. The attitude of entitlement of which you clearly have been expressing is toxic. and nothing is wrong with premade teams.

For honor doesn't have the population at this time to split the playerbase with group and solo que. They can and should continue to tweak matches so this happens less often. Also it not being ranked also isn't an excuse to waive a quit penalty. Because we go right back to point 1. someone quitting has the potential to end the game for one or more other players.

If we lived in a perfect world quitting wouldn't potentially end the game. Ranked would exist. and MM would be more fine tuned. but they are working on it. Rank is coming. and they are always working on the MM experience. they are actually working on a new way to match players as we speak. But everything comes back to the one simple fact. quitting legitly impacts other players in a massive way. and it's because of that that quitting penalties need to exist sooner than later.
Well said.

i like how you all argue while ubisoft just dosent care
Yeah i like that. They know the penalty is important and do what's necessary.

CrunaCross
05-27-2017, 08:48 PM
all he rage quitters deserve the penality. Matchmaking? Ragequit. Outplayed? ragequit. Taunted with emotes? Ragequit. Pushed off a ledge? Ragequit. And even those who have such a bad internet that their connection is lost in almost all their matches. You are wasting everybody's time. Play against AI or stay in the game. The matches are not 1 hour long.

And it's not enough that they do this all the time, they even come here trying to make a stand against a system that would punish their idiot behavior. And they even lie. Poor excuses. And I'm glad you will be punished.

That_guy44
05-27-2017, 09:47 PM
You have wardens out here 1 shotting people, but want to penalize rage quitters. I'd rather have a balanced game over a band aid.

CrunaCross
05-27-2017, 09:54 PM
You have wardens out here 1 shotting people, but want to penalize rage quitters. I'd rather have a balanced game over a band aid.

The two things are COMPLETELY unrelated. The 1 shot bug has to be fixed because it's a bug. The rage quit penality has to be applied because of the childish behavior of a part of the community. It has nothing to do with bugs.