PDA

View Full Version : Is "free to play" the next step for For Honor?

Tyrjo
05-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Eventually monthly sales will be so low there is no good reason for Ubisoft to not make For Honor free to play. Maybe it actually hit that "magic" sales number already, but going free to play now would probably enrage the fragments of the community that is left. My guess is September 2017. :nonchalance:

For the community, the benefits of For Honor going free to play would be that the player base would be bolstered. Something that is much needed. With how much is hard to tell though. The population number seems to follow f(x) = 1/x up until now, at least according Steam. I'm guessing it is more or less the same for consoles. I actually think F2P would do the game good, but all the issues with disconnections will have to be addressed before that...

For Ubisoft a larger community would probably increase revenue through micro transactions. How can they say no to that? :cool:

If For Honor goes free to play, what would your reaction be?

If For Honor goes free to play, do you think people who bought the game should get some sort of in game compensation?

Vingrask
05-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Ahahaha, game launched 3 months ago.

Hahahaha.

EDG_Avocado
05-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Ahahaha, game launched 3 months ago.

Hahahaha.
and lost over 80% of PC playerbase in those 3 months

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHEHGDFJGJHWFJHGGAGAGAGAHHA HAHAHA

bmason1000
05-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Gauntlet hit ps4 in 2015 and still costs 15 bucks. I realllly doubt for honor will be free anytime soon.

Mia.Nora
05-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Considering the small boost of population with Season 2 is already gone away, it might be the logical thing to do.

Let's be honest they will never sell a new copy ever again, IF (a big if) anyone new buys the game it will be a hand down from gamespot. Retailers here dont even take Preowned For Honors anymore, since the ones they have dont sell.

So they lose nothing by going F2P, but might get moneythrough microtransactions; and of course player numbers are not a delight for a multiplayer only teambased game.

KalkPost
05-25-2017, 11:38 PM
If Absolver holds what it promises, prices could drop but I don't believe it will ever be FtP. Is there even any UBI FtP title?

Tyrjo
05-26-2017, 08:46 AM
If Absolver holds what it promises, prices could drop but I don't believe it will ever be FtP. Is there even any UBI FtP title?

I don't know actually. Some title will have to be the first though.

Tyrjo
06-30-2017, 03:28 PM
One month later. I'm just going to nudge this for the sake of argument.

FinnOfTheHorde
06-30-2017, 03:34 PM
The Division is good after 1 year so plz stfu and wait.

Titanodragon
06-30-2017, 04:07 PM

Dude do you buy a product that's suppose to work but after you buy it they tell you to wait a year? How ****ing stupid are you?

Rikuto01.tv
06-30-2017, 04:17 PM
Dude do you buy a product that's suppose to work but after you buy it they tell you to wait a year? How ****ing stupid are you?

Actually, yes. And you do too, every time you buy a game high-budget multiplayer game pretty much. That's how it is for most games these days.

MadCYclops
06-30-2017, 04:18 PM
lol here buy a house for 5 million bux... but wait till next year for the roof to be installed... here buy a car for 80k bux but wait till next year to get the driveshaft... Templar you are a complete moron to be ok with that and use it as a competent response to literally ANYTHING.

RatedChaotic
06-30-2017, 04:19 PM

AC Blackflag and Watchdogs are free on xbox.

AzureSky.
06-30-2017, 04:20 PM
The will win a lot more of money making it free to play rather than keeping it as a 60$ game, why?

Because this game has a really high ammount of cosmetics and emotes that people BUY, the game has ALREADY a F2P economy so they only need to make it free to play (the actual cost of the emotes for a 60$ game WE ALREADY PAID its too much, but for F2P its ok)

Regarding the compensation for people that bought the game: Founders edition, all the new dlc characters (or the new characters but at a reduced cost, and season pass dlc buyers at free)

This game has a lot of potential if they make it F2P and also that will save the game since the P2P connections rely too much on distance between the players (and F2P has A LOT more players than a 60$ game)

Gastgrinder
06-30-2017, 04:46 PM
free to play or not.
The question is probably rather, who wants to play this broken ****.

XxHunterHxX
06-30-2017, 04:46 PM
Just Doge !

Tyrjo
06-30-2017, 06:46 PM

All right then kind sir. There is no need to be rude about it though.

brashtralas
06-30-2017, 06:59 PM

Absolver? That game looks nothing like For Honor.

This game has problems, but we're not going to find a skillful replacement in absolver.

EDG_Avocado
06-30-2017, 07:05 PM
This game is a joke. The GODs Revival Plan for a joke game like this is to:

- Make it Free to Play.
-Add Dedicated Servers for Necessary modes.
- Balance characters accordingly.

Even with D GODs Revival Plan this game has only a mere 1% of revival. Game is beyond hope.

Im thinking the plan is to just finish the season pass and then move on.

DeLatv
06-30-2017, 07:06 PM
Im soory, but u cant make ****ty mess an a sucsesfull game... U can prolong its death, yeah, but people will not enjoy the game and eventually all F2P people will leave too

Tillo.
06-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Even if it were free, people would download, play until they get disconnected (wasting their time spent on the game) all the time and uninstall.

cragar212
06-30-2017, 08:58 PM
I doubt it. Mainly because it's not set up for it. Ftp usually has paywalled dlc or a large grind. This has neither. It will just go on sale cheaper and cheaper.

Fh feels like a $20 game to me atm.

SaschoS
06-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Maybe it will be GAY to play

XxHunterHxX
06-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Maybe it will be GAY to play

This killed me lol

Antonioj26
06-30-2017, 09:07 PM
This killed me lol

That's because you are 14.

SaschoS
06-30-2017, 09:08 PM
I think the devs are 14 years old

SaschoS
06-30-2017, 09:10 PM
And they are prolly ****. You know I fell like I was *****.

brashtralas
06-30-2017, 10:35 PM
Whelp, lookin' like this thread should be closed.

UbiJurassic
07-01-2017, 12:06 AM
Whelp, lookin' like this thread should be closed.

And you would be right. Closing this thread due to off topic, offensive discussion and flaming.