PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Guard stances and dodgin while changing it.

AzureSky.
05-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Hello Ubisoft, right now if you change guard stances and try to dodge you dont make it until the guard animation is done, so you get hit by anything that was aimed at you, this is really obvious in Centurion, but also happens with another characters that have a slow guard change.

Make it like open beta when you could dodge even when changing guards, dodge its a reaction movement, you cant afford to lose time changing stances because its useless that way.

AzureSky.
05-29-2017, 11:52 PM
Idk why this wasnt fixed after launch, you had a lot of time, and its a very serious issue in the game.

bmason1000
05-30-2017, 12:13 AM
Is that why sometimes when i feint in to a dodge it looks like i do the dodge animation but i stay completely in place? Because that is s*** is reallll annoying

Herbstlicht
05-30-2017, 12:28 AM
Changing guard in dodge? I would love that. However, it does seem they purposefully removed it to weaken defense. In it's stead, we got valkyries dodge with guard into dodge direction for possible deflects and stuff like kenseis dodge where he blocks attacks in the direction he dashes, enabling him to block a hit and go into his dash attacks.

Anyway, as a Nobushi main, I would be ok with at least my dodge and dodge attacks working somewhat ..

razabak10mm
05-30-2017, 01:34 AM
Lol. Try playing Raider where it takes you a 1/2 hour to change your guard.

AzureSky.
05-30-2017, 02:10 AM
Lol. Try playing Raider where it takes you a 1/2 hour to change your guard.

Im a raider main :P. I know its a problem with raider but with centurion it takes ages to dash if you are changing stances, thats why i made the post, not resolved since launch....

kweassa1917
05-30-2017, 02:29 AM
Idk why this wasnt fixed after launch, you had a lot of time, and its a very serious issue in the game.

The guard switch animation gltch (=slow) is certainly an issue to be addressed, but I don't agree to being able to dodge while during in guard transition.

Maybe after they implement stamina cost on dodge, but in the current state, I really don't see any reason to.

UbiJurassic
05-30-2017, 02:41 AM
Hey AzureSky., if you think you've found a bug, please feel free to report it over to our support team (https://support.ubi.com/). They will be able to look into it. :)

AzureSky.
05-30-2017, 05:19 PM
Hey AzureSky., if you think you've found a bug, please feel free to report it over to our support team (https://support.ubi.com/). They will be able to look into it. :)

Its not a bug, its a gameplay issue that lasted too far enough. dashes are mostly useless with slow guard stance characters, you get the risk of making a bad dash (one after you changed a stance, so you get hit because your timing was good but you waited for the character to change it)

AzureSky.
05-31-2017, 07:48 PM
In other words, change the way dashes work or fix the characters with a slow guard speed, im on the first one, make it so you can dash even if your character was changing guards before you tapped the dash button.

Danioku
05-31-2017, 08:43 PM
This issue is so annoying and it happen even with attacks expecially if they are slow.

If you click for an attack and accidentally change stance in the wrong moment, the attack just doesnt pull off and it will starts only when the stance is changed and in the other direction....